PDA

View Full Version : The Troy hater need to back off now...

Troyisabeast_43
12-17-2007, 01:06 PM
As I watched the game yesterday I did find a bright spot....the play of #43. For all those who say he nneds to earn his cash he got I hope you watched today's game. Anyone who saw #43 flying around making critical tackles and being in the right place should realize this is a different team when he is on the field.....too bad we cant find replacements for some others who are overly confident in their game and dont do much more than tackle the guy who runs into them. TP showed today how much he means to this team....too bad the other 10 guys cant hold their end of it. Well, maybe not all 10 but some just need to go ahead and get some boxes cuz when the seasons over so is their time here! Troy is an All-Pro Football player with an All-Pro outlook on life. He's very humble about his stardom, almost dismissing it everytime its brought up. One of the most standup guys that I've seen in recent memory in a Pittsburgh Steelers uniform...

Iron City South
12-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Lay off the pot ...

Weather some of you Polamalu apologists want to believe it or not, using Polamalu as this free-lancing-rover was a terrible fu<king idea. First of all, we don't have the CB's to pull cute **** like that and secondly, I'm tired of watching Polamalu try to act like a mini-LB and taking on an interior linemen only to get washed out of a play like a sunami taking out tiki huts on a beach. When this happens, it not only hurts the secondary support for the deep ball, but it's now become clear that teams are looking for where TP is lining-up on or near the line and running the ball to the opposite side knowing (and counting on) him getting caught in the wash. :yesnod: The moment this happens, opposing teams know that if their RB can break the 1st tackle and getto the 2nd level .....they're home fu<king free .... as was the case in yesterday's game when Taylor and Drew-Jones gouged us all day long.

Using Troy as this "free lancing" nomad on the field is confusing nobody but ourselves. It's time to put that experiment to rest and recognize that it has actually become a liability :yesnod:

K Train
12-17-2007, 01:19 PM
i didnt see it yesterday, i saw him make a few plays and have the announcers slob all over his **** because of it, but think back to wilford and williams by themselves in the endzone....where was troy? at the line of scrimmage...that pisses me off SOOOO much

Troyisabeast_43
12-17-2007, 01:25 PM
Lay off the pot ...

Weather some of you Polamalu apologists want to believe it or not, using Polamalu as this free-lancing-rover was a terrible fu<king idea. First of all, we don't have the CB's to pull cute shiat like that and secondly, I'm tired of watching Polamalu try to act like a mini-LB and taking on an interior linemen only to get washed out of a play like a sunami taking out tiki huts on a beach. When this happens, it not only hurts the secondary support for the deep ball, but it's now become clear that teams are looking for where TP is lining-up on or near the line and running the ball to the opposite side knowing (and counting on) him getting caught in the wash. :yesnod: The moment this happens, opposing teams know that if their RB can break the 1st tackle and getto the 2nd level .....they're home fu<king free .... as was the case in yesterday's game when Taylor and Drew-Jones gouged us all day long.

Using Troy as this "free lancing" nomad on the field is confusing nobody but ourselves. It's time to put that experiment to rest and recognize that it has actually become a liability :yesnod:

Look at last year with Ben - so many of you wanted his head on the chomping block immediately. Whenever he bounced back the second half of the season...all of a sudden people loved him. Troy's got the speed, heart, and the ability to get it done on the football field; his track record shows it all. Injuries are a part of the game...some players are more fortunate than others and some people heal faster and/or different.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2007, 01:25 PM
I think after Tomlin has a chance to watch all the tapes this offseason he'll see that Troy needs to stay home more int he secondary and not let the other DB's hang out to dry. If you have shutdown corners then you can do that and if you have a pass rush that gets there all the time you can do that but right now our secondary is good but not shut down without the pass rush. There is a time and place to keep Troy near the line, it worked in previous years very well so they won't completely abandon it but they do need to rethink how often they use that scenario.

SteelCityPride08
12-17-2007, 09:08 PM
yeah if you hate troy your not a steelers fan

K Train
12-17-2007, 09:11 PM

i would prefer you not put my fanhood in question...thank you

for the record i dont hate troy i hate the way he plays...if that makes sense

BlitzburghNation
12-17-2007, 09:26 PM
i would prefer you not put my fanhood in question...thank you

for the record i dont hate troy i hate the way he plays...if that makes sense

:bigfinger: :haha:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2007, 09:30 PM

That's alittle over the top don't you think? Just because a fan doesn't like a certain player doesn't mean they aren't a real fan by any stretch. I don't think anybody on this board hates Troy and I'd challenge anyone to find a post stating that they did hate Troy.

There are plenty of them that say they hate the way he plays at times but those people bleed black n gold just the same. :towelwave:

For example if the Rooney's decided to sign TO or Ray Lewis then I'd hate those players because I hate them now, period, but I'd still be a Steeler fan. Personally I happen to like the players we get most of the time because the Rooney's know what they are doing when they sign players. I don't think there's anybody that ever wore a Steeler uniform that I could say I hated.

K Train
12-17-2007, 09:35 PM
That's alittle over the top don't you think? Just because a fan doesn't like a certain player doesn't mean they aren't a real fan by any stretch. I don't think anybody on this board hates Troy and I'd challenge anyone to find a post stating that they did hate Troy.

There are plenty of them that say they hate the way he plays at times but those people bleed black n gold just the same. :towelwave:

For example if the Rooney's decided to sign TO or Ray Lewis then I'd hate those players because I hate them now, period, but I'd still be a Steeler fan. Personally I happen to like the players we get most of the time because the Rooney's know what they are doing when they sign players. I don't think there's anybody that ever wore a Steeler uniform that I could say I hated.

ok....i'd be happy with TO...but lewis.....i might do something i regret lol...plus were old at linebacker already lol

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2007, 09:37 PM
ok....i'd be happy with TO...but lewis.....i might do something i regret lol...plus were old at linebacker already lol

I think I'd rather have Moss than TO and I can't stand either one of them :bluelol:

TampaSteelGirl
12-17-2007, 09:47 PM
I thought Troy did a pretty good job yesterday and especially since he just came back from missing several games. He looked great and was always on the move. :tt02:

K Train
12-17-2007, 09:50 PM
I thought Troy did a pretty good job yesterday and especially since he just came back from missing several games. He looked great and was always on the move. :tt02:

always on the move and never in position...

black an gold 4 life
12-17-2007, 10:21 PM
when it's an run troy should b on the line when it's close 2 our end zone troy should b n the back field covering multiple recievers, it's not troy that has the problem it's how they r using him period, i think he's an beast but were trying 2 over compensate 4 the other weakness we have,with one man ( troy)it ain't gonna work there r 11 guys on the field we need all 11,2 man up an win there individual battles..................there's no i n team:lol::bluelol:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-17-2007, 11:59 PM
Wow Troy makes some tackles and breaks up a pass and people **** all over themselves...lol For the money he does make....Were was the impact plays yesterday? Missing like all year.....I think its almost 20 games or it might be more that Troy has had an INT......Plus he has no sacks this season as well.....Not that he a ton of sacks in the first place...But he was still good for a couple a season....

It cracks me up how people continue to over-rate Troy's average performances this year.....Plus again for the tackles he did make yesterday he sure blew 4-5 like he always does....Maurice Jones-Drew made Troy his bitch a few times yesterday....lol

Troy has just become this spiritual zen master wimp.....True he was always spiritual but it seems to be worse anymore....

K Train
12-18-2007, 12:15 AM
dont tell that to dierdorf

Koopa
12-18-2007, 12:17 AM
i want every fan that says that if you don't like a player you ain't a fan to just ****ing die, and i ain't playing, just ****ing die

yeah troy made plays, wow, that's his ****ing job, but did you see him get blocked out by a wr when taylor got that 30 some yard run?? if he had played with more displine and just waited for taylor to come to him he would've stopped him for a short gain, but since he plays like a wild man he just went and the wr blocked him with ease......and that's what happens to him on the reg, he gets blocked with so much ease.......... i've been saying for the last three years, troy is the most overrated safety, everytime ppl slob on his knob train needs to bust out the shades cause that's the only reason ppl love him......... his style of play doesn't work in the nfl anymore

Black@Gold Forever32
12-18-2007, 12:22 AM
dont tell that to dierdorf

Dierdorf is a buffoon.......I swear every time he does a Steelers game they lose...He is a jinx and I blame him for the loss yesterday....But you're right Ktrain old Dan was all over Troy's nuts...Not as bad as John Madden though...I swear Madden wants to have a threesome with Brett Favre and Troy Polamalu.....:lol:

My brother and I just crack up every time an announcer is all over Troy's play.....Every week we count Troy's miss tackles and times he is totally out of position instead of the few plays he does make anymore...lol

K Train
12-18-2007, 12:23 AM
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/K-Train89/FF_154265_s.jpg

thinking about making them my avy lol

JensK
12-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Honestly, you can hardly judge Troy for the game against Jags. If the whole defence play bad (and let's face it. It wasnt the best defensive game we've ever seen from the steelers :P) troy will look bad together with the rest. He had some crusial tackles, and some blocks (and a few close interceptions and sacks, which he havnt got this year.. Hopefully it'll return soon enough!)... People can think what they want, but his ability to cover a large area like he does when he is playing well is pretty unique.

Whats happening is the same as we saw with Ben last year. He had an offseason, and a lot of ppl was ready to let Ben go right away... This season you all adore him (and you better damn do :P ) Why did you want him to go? Because he didnt play anywhere near the 05 season.

Troy isnt having a very good season, compared to what we normally see, therefor we cannot like him! Its pretty typical for all fans. If your team dont performe (or your fav. player) you start to doub their abilities, instead of helping them through the bad season (I know we most likely can't help troy at all, but hey :P Its just an example =) )

Stairwayto7
12-18-2007, 02:24 PM

Well said

kgreen
12-18-2007, 04:58 PM
i didnt see it yesterday, i saw him make a few plays and have the announcers slob all over his **** because of it, but think back to wilford and williams by themselves in the endzone....where was troy? at the line of scrimmage...that pisses me off SOOOO much

Did anyone else on that defense do anything?! I mean jesus Troy was the only one putting forth effort!