PDA

View Full Version : MAKE THESE BOYS HEAR US!!!!!!!

TampaSteelGirl
12-17-2007, 12:29 PM
What can we do to make our Steelers hear us as fans and how we are disappointed!! I just want to grab each and everyone of them and shake the **** out of them!! They are disappointing themselves and their fans tremendously!! Somehow this team needs to hear us and get it together!!! What is it going to take for them to get it together!!!!! :tt02:

K Train
12-17-2007, 12:44 PM
you are spoiled, weve made alot of improvements from last year and now we have a big oline issue to focus on...chill out, you cant win it all every year

black an gold 4 life
12-17-2007, 12:47 PM
:scratch:what can we do? alittle of this:cursin: an some of this :cursin:an more of this:cursin::cursin::cursin: write letters 2 the rooneys, when we call stans show on t.v an the radio COMPLAIN PEOPLE,we need an offensive coordinator,right tackle,center,TALL RECIEVER LIKE 6-5 just one shut down cornerback that's all 1,an new special teams coach because the 2 we have suck:cursin:wait we have 2 an still can't get it right?:scratch:oh we can do this in front of heinz field 2:willybs::willybs::willybs::willybs:an then :crossfingers:maybe just maybe the steelers will hear us the fans an help us out:bluelol::lol::banana:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Yes we have improved over last year in some areas:

Ike Taylor is better
Deshea is covering better
Willie is having a more well rounded year
Ben is playing better
Holmes and Ward are formidable together
Harrison is healthy and being the beast we knew he could be.
Anthony Smith is getting a lot of playing time and that will help him in the future.
Using Miller & Spaeth in the passing game more
Najeh being used more

Areas that we are worse in or just not any better:

offensive line
Backup WR's
Troy's play this year ( in part due to his injuries and trying to be too aggressive)
Najeh not being used enough.
Missing tackles on defense
Not giving out the bone crushing, intense, and physical performances since the ratbird game.
Still not showing up and ready to play in crucial weeks of the season ( that can be attributed to all of the above though too)

We are better than last year in a lot of ways but we are also either status quo or worse in several key areas too so there is still much work to be done.

kgreen
12-17-2007, 01:26 PM
you are spoiled, weve made alot of improvements from last year and now we have a big oline issue to focus on...chill out, you cant win it all every year

No, but that doesn't mean you settle for less! Where is your Steeler pride? We lost! Losing is not no matter what situation you are in! I'm glad some of us are spoiled Steeler fans, becasue we know that Steeler football is about winning it all. This year we have not been like the Steelers we have been more like the Chargers without LT.

Iron City South
12-17-2007, 01:29 PM
I don't see us better than last year at all from a personnel perspective. The only real difference that I see is a more interested HC than I did this time last year.

K Train
12-17-2007, 01:34 PM
No, but that doesn't mean you settle for less! Where is your Steeler pride? We lost! Losing is not no matter what situation you are in! I'm glad some of us are spoiled Steeler fans, becasue we know that Steeler football is about winning it all. This year we have not been like the Steelers we have been more like the Chargers without LT.

its not a lack of pride...i just see us for what we are....most of you have no medium, its either we are the absolute best no questions asked or the sky is falling....its annoying really

TampaSteelGirl
12-17-2007, 02:30 PM

:poopfan: you're an idiot!

K Train
12-17-2007, 02:31 PM
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/K-Train89/FF_154265_s.jpg

Ambridge
12-17-2007, 02:41 PM
The only real difference that I see is a more interested HC than I did this time last year.

If standing on the sidelines with a far away stare on their face rates as a more interested HC then Tomlin has been way ahead of Cowher.

$teeler$guy
12-17-2007, 04:07 PM
i saw we go to the next steelers game run in the middle of the feild for no reason im going to try that watch

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2007, 04:16 PM
How about this, if someone would have told you going into week 16 we'd be 9-5 an in position to win the AFCN I think we'd have all been pretty happy. Right now yes we have a TON of work to do this offseason to get better on the OL, and other positions but at the same time we're not the worst team in the league either.

TEEMONT
12-17-2007, 04:17 PM
:poopfan: you're an idiot!

wow...great comeback.

yinzer
12-17-2007, 04:24 PM
How about this, if someone would have told you going into week 16 we'd be 9-5 an in position to win the AFCN I think we'd have all been pretty happy. Right now yes we have a TON of work to do this offseason to get better on the OL, and other positions but at the same time we're not the worst team in the league either.

i'm not happy with 9-5 now. and, if someone would've told me before the season started that we'd be 9-5, i wouldn't have been happy then.

kgreen
12-17-2007, 06:05 PM
its not a lack of pride...i just see us for what we are....most of you have no medium, its either we are the absolute best no questions asked or the sky is falling....its annoying really

What you like being in the middle of road? Dude being demanding is part of football, get used to it. If you as a coach and/or fan are not damanding, then you won't go anywhere. You will always be middle of the road. If you don't like saying "It's a Super Bowl or failure" then I think the medium you're looking for should be: we make the playoffs and go deep (that is fine, in a way). Instead, your medium: lose to 3 losing teams, get crushed by 24 to the Patsies, give up 200 rushing yards to a 13th year back and still be satisfied because last year sucked. That is not Steeler pride. That is for teams like the Browns, Panthers so you are free to join their bandwagon. All this "It is ok to be 9-5" right now is making me sick. The fans at the stadium, the ones who STAY in their seats in the second half are the real Steeler fans. They gave this team what they needed: A good ol' fashion booing. There is nothing wrong with booing you're team when they are sucking. This team deserved to get booed Sunday. They got their manhood taken away. Mike Tomlin should show a little more energy, too. Now being mentored by Tony Dungey, I don't think he be a Mike Ditka or Bill Cowher. However I think Tony Dungey shows more emotion then he does. That kind of stuff shows in the players. They look flat, unemotional and pridless because Tomlin looks like a deer in the headlights on sideline. Except for Troy (who play has been effected by injury alone). He is only one on that defense who showed a lick of pride. I am disgusted right now.

K Train
12-17-2007, 06:12 PM
why dont you try being realistic for a shot? alot of other teams would kill to be in our situation right now....why cant you just accept us for what we are this year and look forward to seeing what tomlin has in mind to improve on

kgreen
12-17-2007, 06:35 PM
why dont you try being realistic for a shot? alot of other teams would kill to be in our situation right now....why cant you just accept us for what we are this year and look forward to seeing what tomlin has in mind to improve on

See I'm the kind of person who does see things realistically and right now we are the worst 9-5 in the league. We have no leadership, heart or character. I'm sorry but when you are making the kind of mistakes this team is, you don't have a very realistic shot regardless of your record. I do look forward to seeing what Tomlin has (or doesn't have) in the future, but right now, he is not making a huge impression. If you'd open your eyes a bit, you'd see a team that is falling apart. This team, if they make it to the playoffs, will lose in the first round. If they don't, good then they should make it count for something. But, as of right now with the way they are playing, they have no right to call themselves a Steeler team.

K Train
12-17-2007, 06:44 PM
See I'm the kind of person who does see things realistically and right now we are the worst 9-5 in the league. We have no leadership, heart or character. I'm sorry but when you are making the kind of mistakes this team is, you don't have a very realistic shot regardless of your record. I do look forward to seeing what Tomlin has (or doesn't have) in the future, but right now, he is not making a huge impression. If you'd open your eyes a bit, you'd see a team that is falling apart. This team, if they make it to the playoffs, will lose in the first round. If they don't, good then they should make it count for something. But, as of right now with the way they are playing, they have no right to call themselves a Steeler team.

i agree, we dont have a legit shot in the playoff....is there a chance we can make some noise? sure there is...there always is, but this team is hardly falling apart, we fell apart last year and picked some pieces up...now were in a bad spot to finish this year and regardless of what happens in the next few weeks we have a gaping hole in the offensive line and im sure you realize thats there, but i dont think you realize just how huge of a deal it will be to get one or twp solid guys there...all of the sudden everything can get alot better...it all starts with the oline, that might be cliche but until something is done there we will continue to define inconsistancy...were not a bad team, were a good team, a good team that is on the bubble of being "there" where we all want to be

Greygrizzly
12-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Our biggest problem is with coaching to much cover two. And i know I'll get a lot of flack for this but, if Ben isn't ready to play because he hasn't pacticed enough then sit him and let Batch play because he has had the practice time and the reps. Offensive timing was really off during this game.
It also seems like we have Bill Cowher JR. as head coach. He doesn't get excited spit and druel but he also doesn't adjust to whats happening to the team on the field.

K Train
12-17-2007, 07:15 PM
i disagree...weve been very good at adjusting to what teams are doing....just not the last 2 weeks where it was obvious we were playing better teams...lets give the the last 2 teams that beat us credit....cause they did just that, beat us. AZ, NY and Denver were us just ****ing ourselves and not executing....Jax, and NE are just better teams...not to mention historically they own us

Black@Gold Forever32
12-17-2007, 07:22 PM
This is my take.....I had the team at 10-6 or 11-5 at best....With a great to win the division....That still can happen so I'm not disappointed in that at all especially since the Oline sucks big time and the defense has fell apart in key situations at times this year.....

But at the same time I can be disappointed when the team does play like a bunch of stiffs at time this year.....Mainly yesterday and the Jets game were the worst.....I didn't expect the team to win at AZ or beat the Pats.....

This team just needs to rebuild the Oline and find a FB....The offense should be fine then....I wouldn't mind some more depth at WR....You can never have enough weapons for your QB....

The defense just lacks big plays......No sacks lately and only 9 INTs on the season is a telling sign.....Hopefully Woodley and Timmons will bring back some of those big plays next year...An improve pass rush totally would help the secondary.....Plus it would be nice to have Troy back to being Troy....

The special teams....Both Reed and Sep are fine....this team needs a punt returner still..lol I totally give up on the kick coverage units since every this team seems to struggle...lol

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

Our biggest problem is with coaching to much cover two. And i know I'll get a lot of flack for this but, if Ben isn't ready to play because he hasn't pacticed enough then sit him and let Batch play because he has had the practice time and the reps. Offensive timing was really off during this game.
It also seems like we have Bill Cowher JR. as head coach. He doesn't get excited spit and druel but he also doesn't adjust to whats happening to the team on the field.

I'm Ben did bring us back yesterday...Plus Batch behind this Oline isn't the best situation...lol I like Batch and he is a solid backup but he is a backup for a reason....Blaming the offense or Ben for yesterday is way off...Maybe if the defense can just come up with a key stop then it would have been a different story...Or just stopping Taylor and Jones-Drew......How many 3rd and longs did Jones-Drew convert to first downs on draw plays yesterday? I think it was 3.......The defense is why the team lost....

BlitzburghNation
12-17-2007, 07:30 PM
:+1: :popcorn:

Top Gun has made the most sense outta all these posts,,,,,, :bigthumb:

We are in a funk right now and hopefully we'll break out of it this thursday
and play the way , I know we can,,,,,,,, :tt02:

All we have to do is win these last two games and the division is ours and
then it's all fair game in the playoffs and anything can happen,,,,,:tt02:

DIESELMAN
12-17-2007, 07:56 PM
What can we do to make our Steelers hear us as fans and how we are disappointed!! I just want to grab each and everyone of them and shake the shiat out of them!! They are disappointing themselves and their fans tremendously!! Somehow this team needs to hear us and get it together!!! What is it going to take for them to get it together!!!!! :tt02:
Truthfully, this isn't something the fans can fix by protesting or anything. We are all frustrated with the way our Steelers are playing, but this is something the Steelers have to fix. Through leadership, believing in themselves and each other and getting back to playing fundamental football. Come next year the "real" leaders will stand up and take this team over.

TampaSteelGirl
12-17-2007, 09:53 PM

I could live with a 9-5 record had we played our hearts out and fought hard, but the fact that we have a 9-5 record and not played even to our potential every game so that is what makes me not happy about being 9-5 right now!!! :banging:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2007, 09:56 PM
Truthfully, this isn't something the fans can fix by protesting or anything. We are all frustrated with the way our Steelers are playing, but this is something the Steelers have to fix. Through leadership, believing in themselves and each other and getting back to playing fundamental football. Come next year the "real" leaders will stand up and take this team over.

That's what I'm looking forward too as well. Im not looking ahead to next year yet or anything but in the back of mind I'm wondering how this upcoming offseason will go and how well the team will respond in 2008 regardless of what does or doesn't happen in 2007. We need to learn from it, make adjustments, move on, and be a better team for it. :cope:

TampaSteelGirl
12-17-2007, 10:08 PM

REALISTIC??? EVEN THE DOLPHINS FIGHT HARD EVERY DAMN WEEK!!!!!!!! THEY MAY HAVE LOST EVERY GAME BUT ONE BUT AT LEAST THEY NEVER GIVE UP, THEY FIGHT EVERY WEEK, EVERY WEEK!! WE TAKE FOR GRANTED EVERY WEEK OUR POTENTIAL AND NO I CAN'T ACCEPT THAT! YES ALOT OF TEAMS WOULD LOVE TO BE IN OUR SPOT BUT WE ARE IN OUR SPOT AND ARE NOW FIGHTING JUST TO STAY ALIVE FOR PLAYOFFS! WE SHOULD HAVE THE #2 SEED BY NOW! I WON'T ACCEPT BAD BALL PLAYING FROM A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM! :markit:

[AutoMerged Post Below]

i agree, we dont have a legit shot in the playoff....is there a chance we can make some noise? sure there is...there always is, but this team is hardly falling apart, we fell apart last year and picked some pieces up...now were in a bad spot to finish this year and regardless of what happens in the next few weeks we have a gaping hole in the offensive line and im sure you realize thats there, but i dont think you realize just how huge of a deal it will be to get one or twp solid guys there...all of the sudden everything can get alot better...it all starts with the oline, that might be cliche but until something is done there we will continue to define inconsistancy...were not a bad team, were a good team, a good team that is on the bubble of being "there" where we all want to be

Ok i'll agree with this! You're right on here.

K Train
12-17-2007, 10:13 PM
REALISTIC??? EVEN THE DOLPHINS FIGHT HARD EVERY DAMN WEEK!!!!!!!! THEY MAY HAVE LOST EVERY GAME BUT ONE BUT AT LEAST THEY NEVER GIVE UP, THEY FIGHT EVERY WEEK, EVERY WEEK!! WE TAKE FOR GRANTED EVERY WEEK OUR POTENTIAL AND NO I CAN'T ACCEPT THAT! YES ALOT OF TEAMS WOULD LOVE TO BE IN OUR SPOT BUT WE ARE IN OUR SPOT AND ARE NOW FIGHTING JUST TO STAY ALIVE FOR PLAYOFFS! WE SHOULD HAVE THE #2 SEED BY NOW! I WON'T ACCEPT BAD BALL PLAYING FROM A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM! :markit:

you cant say this team has been quitting, this team has no quit in it, they almost came back yesterday against all odds...when your offensive line is beaten into submission, executing becomes very very hard....there is a HUGE differemce between being quitters and being beaten....our guys line up and we pushed back on both sides of the ball....and not for a lack of effort, they were just beaten....how we still had a shot in that game i'll never know, but when you guy out executed you usually lose, jacksonville is a very good team, this wasnt like losing to the jets...we did that to ourselves, we were just beaten.

No one quit yesterday....

TampaSteelGirl
12-17-2007, 10:20 PM
you cant say this team has been quitting, this team has no quit in it, they almost came back yesterday against all odds...when your offensive line is beaten into submission, executing becomes very very hard....there is a HUGE differemce between being quitters and being beaten....our guys line up and we pushed back on both sides of the ball....and not for a lack of effort, they were just beaten....how we still had a shot in that game i'll never know, but when you guy out executed you usually lose, jacksonville is a very good team, this wasnt like losing to the jets...we did that to ourselves, we were just beaten.

No one quit yesterday....

Ok i'll agree with that one and Jacksonville but the Jets game to me was close. i don't understand how we can pound teams like (and I know they are not the best teams but..) Seattle, Bengals, Ravens. We played such "physical" football. NOw i understand these teams are not the best but we show so much effort, why is it that we are so inconsistent? If our Oline and Defense has such flaws why is it one week we are brillant and the next we look like a high school team? I'm just frustrated by the inconsistency!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2007, 10:28 PM
If you look back, ever since the Ratbird game we have really just not been in sync. It's like that was our statement game and everything else since then has just not been the same. We've had to play come back in the ones we did win and the ones that we lost in we tried to "turn it on" late in the game and could have come up with it when the game was on the line. I haven't seen the offense quit at all this year, they've battled back and battled back time after time. I would never say the defense quit either but they were just flat out played several times this year and couldn't compensate when the game was on the line. At some point in every single game there was a breakdown in 1 or more of the phases and until we can play a complete game we'll have similar results. Hell, not even a complete game but I don't think there's a team in the NFL that has played a "complete" game where everybody was right on all day long but we need to atleast stop beating ourselves and digging holes that we can't climb out of of against teams we should beat either because they are worse than us or because we need to be up for a good team and beat them when our post season hopes ride on it.

TampaSteelGirl
12-17-2007, 10:35 PM
At some point in every single game there was a breakdown in 1 or more of the phases and until we can play a complete game we'll have similar results. Hell, not even a complete game but I don't think there's a team in the NFL that has played a "complete" game where everybody was right on all day long but we need to atleast stop beating ourselves and digging holes that we can't climb out of of against teams we should beat either because they are worse than us or because we need to be up for a good team and beat them when our post season hopes ride on it.

Amen brother! :clap:

steelersgal86
12-18-2007, 07:32 AM
I could live with a 9-5 record had we played our hearts out and fought hard, but the fact that we have a 9-5 record and not played even to our potential every game so that is what makes me not happy about being 9-5 right now!!! :banging:

well said....:clap::clap: :iagree:

Miridius
12-18-2007, 10:08 AM
Although im not terrible impresed about their last few games. For reasons such as failing to stop the run, this last game, injuries, dropped balls, bad pases, and the horrible conditions of the field and weather i have to agree that from a year ago, the improvement is significant and should not be ruled out. Teams cant always win, and even though we have a crew that should, they are human and we need to stick with them through thick and thin. This yeah we have a chance if they would only really get it together. So all we can do is push them and accept that we cant always win.

Miridius

Greygrizzly
12-18-2007, 10:11 AM
This is my take.....I had the team at 10-6 or 11-5 at best....With a great to win the division....That still can happen so I'm not disappointed in that at all especially since the Oline sucks big time and the defense has fell apart in key situations at times this year.....

But at the same time I can be disappointed when the team does play like a bunch of stiffs at time this year.....Mainly yesterday and the Jets game were the worst.....I didn't expect the team to win at AZ or beat the Pats.....

This team just needs to rebuild the Oline and find a FB....The offense should be fine then....I wouldn't mind some more depth at WR....You can never have enough weapons for your QB....

The defense just lacks big plays......No sacks lately and only 9 INTs on the season is a telling sign.....Hopefully Woodley and Timmons will bring back some of those big plays next year...An improve pass rush totally would help the secondary.....Plus it would be nice to have Troy back to being Troy....

The special teams....Both Reed and Sep are fine....this team needs a punt returner still..lol I totally give up on the kick coverage units since every this team seems to struggle...lol

[AutoMerged Post Below]

I'm Ben did bring us back yesterday...Plus Batch behind this Oline isn't the best situation...lol I like Batch and he is a solid backup but he is a backup for a reason....Blaming the offense or Ben for yesterday is way off...Maybe if the defense can just come up with a key stop then it would have been a different story...Or just stopping Taylor and Jones-Drew......How many 3rd and longs did Jones-Drew convert to first downs on draw plays yesterday? I think it was 3.......The defense is why the team lost....

yes the defense lost the game for us. But the offense should shoulder some of the blame. Ben didn't have his customary timing with the recievers. because he hasn't been taking enough snaps with the offense and practicing. Batch has been taking these snaps and practicing with the first team. His timing would most likely have been better with the recievers. The offense could have still won the game if it were playing better. And althought batch is the back up for a reason he still should have been more insink with the recievers. There is a reason you have a back up player at ever position because sometimes you need to play them.