MDSteel15
12-17-2007, 01:21 AM
My personal Draft would go like this:

1st Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College
Trade our 2nd and 5th for Chicago's 2nd
2nd Adarius Bowman, WR, Oklahoma State
3rd Dre Moore, DT, Maryland
4th Andrew Crummey, OG, Maryland
7th Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman (5' 10" and runs 4.23 40)

Free agent pick up:
CB Domonique Foxworth(Broncos)

Koopa
12-17-2007, 01:27 AM
a center is more important on the first day, mainly in the 3rd round, mahan is a bum *** hoe

but like the first two picks, they fill huuuuuggggggeeeeeee needs, and they are good players

K Train
12-17-2007, 01:32 AM
nice...cherilus and bowman make me happy

Lots of centers to choose from in the 3rd, i want a real center too, not one of these G/C hybrid bums

Dre moore is another awesome pick

no way witherspoon runs a legit 4.23 lol

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2007, 01:19 PM
I like where you are going with that...I think I'd flipflip your 3rd and 4th round ideas and take a center in the 3rd round and DT in the 4th. Moore could slip to the 4th round depending on the draft pans out but either way I just want some solid OL prospects on day 1.

MDSteel15
12-17-2007, 08:48 PM
I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the input.

MDSteel15
12-25-2007, 02:11 AM
OK, updated draft:

1st Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College = obvious need

Trade our 2nd, 5th and 7th for Chicago's 2nd and 5th

2nd Adarius Bowman, WR, Oklahoma State = bye bye Ced Wilson
3rd Cody Wallace, C, Texas AM = move Mahan to G
4th Dre Moore, DT, Maryland = back-up for Smith
5th Andrew Crummey, OG, Maryland = hopeful diamond in the rough

FA's RB Javorskie Lane = rookie FA hopefully... Goal line battering ram!!!
CB Dominique Foxworth = more depth and get rid of dead weight
TE Marcus Pollard = for 3TE sets

Black@Gold Forever32
12-25-2007, 02:54 AM
I agree with the positions the Steelers need to address within the first three rounds....But I prefer Ryan Clady of Boise State or Michael Oher from Ole Miss instead of Cherilus.....I won't complain if Cherilus is drafted I do worry that he did struggle some when switching to LT this year....To me he has RT written all over him in the NFL....I like Jeff Otah from Pitt also...He is a bit raw but he has the size to dominate....The Steelers need a LT badly..I just hope one is drafted and is the answer at LT...

In the second round I want James Hardy from IU....I have seen him play and I have liked what I have seen....

The Steelers need a center also....So in the 3rd round that should be the pick....I really like Doug Legursky from Marshall....

DIESELMAN
12-25-2007, 09:42 AM
I agree with the positions the Steelers need to address within the first three rounds....But I prefer Ryan Clady of Boise State or Michael Oher from Ole Miss instead of Cherilus.....I won't complain if Cherilus is drafted I do worry that he did struggle some when switching to LT this year....To me he has RT written all over him in the NFL....I like Jeff Otah from Pitt also...He is a bit raw but he has the size to dominate....The Steelers need a LT badly..I just hope one is drafted and is the answer at LT...

In the second round I want James Hardy from IU....I have seen him play and I have liked what I have seen....

The Steelers need a center also....So in the 3rd round that should be the pick....I really like Doug Legursky from Marshall....

This year of all years we need to hit it big in the draft. For whatever the reason, most of our OL picks over the years have been a big ****ing waste. Whether we need a new scouting team or what, I don't know, but this year we can't afford to miss if we're going to keep up with the rest of the top teams in the league.

StlersGuy
01-05-2008, 10:17 PM
so who do we go after....

BB2W
01-05-2008, 10:36 PM
It is a lil early to be specific, but I would like to see a couple offensive lineman early, a wide receiver, and some depth at defensive end and linebacker.

I will have a better opinion after the Senior Bowl. I just hope they hit more than they miss. They haven't had great drafts the last few years and that really hurts a team that is so passive in free agency.

steelcitysfinestXL
01-08-2008, 09:29 AM
who is unsure yet... i like the WR out of Indiana if he can slide to the 2nd (doubtful)... we NEED the "best OL" available in the first maybe second and third!!! My Ultimate draft is:

1. Dominating OT: If he is a LT move Marvel to right and put colon in a battle for G w/ simmons & chris - k
2. If the 6'7'' wideout from IU is still on the board he is the only skill pos. pick i like before the third... if not take a C and move Mahan into the battle at G and let him chris,colon and simmons fight to the death for 2 tackle spots
3. OL/DL
4. -7. best avail.

steelcitysfinestXL
01-08-2008, 09:41 AM

:banana::plus1::banana::plus1:

HEY K-TRAIN JAMES HARDY 6'7'' SLOW BUT :nahnah: DOMINATED BIG GAME CORNERS INCLUDING MY FAVORITE JUSTIN KING

SteelCzar76
01-08-2008, 12:32 PM
1) Chris Williams OT Vanderbilt 6'6 320lbs (Dominant tackle, battle tested in the SEC)

2) Marcus Griffin FS Texas 6'0 205lbs (Legitimate free safety)
Carter is a slow liability in coverage and sadly Smith is not the answer. Troy would be better served with other actual talent, skill and speed at the FS position.

3) Terrell Thomas CB USC 6'1 195LBS (Legitimate corner)
Taylor REMAINS suspect, Townsend is an absoloute joke, and neither Mcfadden or Gay have been able to supplant the latter as starter. NUFF SAID

4) Keilen Dykes DT West Virginia 6'5 295lbs (Legitimate DT/3-4 DE)
Casey and Aaron need another presence up front with talent comperable to their own. Not to mention a player whom would give Tomlin the flexibility to play a 4-3 if he should so choose to do so.

5) Dexter Jackson WR Appalachian State 5'10 185lbs (legitimate return man/slot receiver)
Do i really have to give any explanation?

7) Lance Leggett WR Miami 6'3 200lbs (larger target for "backyard boy" with tremendous upside in terms of skill, size and talent)

UFA'S:
Lex Hilliard RB Montana 6'0 240lbs (ball control Back to spell Parker)
Thomas Williams LB USC 6'3 240lbs (special teams coverage)

Koopa
01-08-2008, 03:00 PM
marcus griffin sucks.......i watch him all the time, he'll make a play here and there but he gets bombed on with ease

steelcitysfinestXL
01-08-2008, 03:16 PM
marcus griffin sucks.......i watch him all the time, he'll make a play here and there but he gets bombed on with ease

Plus im not really sure if we need another Safety bad enough to take him that early!!!! We have for guys all with totally different upsides!!! I think we're straight there!!!

JensK
01-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Plus im not really sure if we need another Safety bad enough to take him that early!!!! We have for guys all with totally different upsides!!! I think we're straight there!!!

At least if our Safeties start to play football again :P

Black@Gold Forever32
01-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Ok....I understand that Anthony Smith regressed toward the end of the season.....But he is only entering his third year people......For real he is still a young player which was only a 3rd round pick......Instead of focusing your critical remarks on him....Bash that piece of garbage Troy.....lol Who was a first round pick and only signed the richest contract in team history.....lol Troy had 0 INTs and 0 sacks...lol Plus his tackling fell way off this year...He blew a ton of tackles this year...

Troy Polamalu's last INT was Oct. 22 2006 vs the Atlanta Falcons....lol Thats really awesome for a guy that is making the most money on the team.....Some Steelers fans will always crack me up....Don't knock the fan favorites but lets roast a guy like Smith who isn't a vet like Troy and isn't make anything close to what Troy is making.....But I know I know Troy helped us win it all in 2005.....Sorry I don't live in the past......I'm a greedy bitch and I want more Super Bowl titles.....

K Train
01-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Anthony smith is a badass player and you will all forget about his late season slump next year just like Ike last year

SteelCzar76
01-09-2008, 07:21 AM
Ok....I understand that Anthony Smith regressed toward the end of the season.....But he is only entering his third year people......For real he is still a young player which was only a 3rd round pick......Instead of focusing your critical remarks on him....Bash that piece of garbage Troy.....lol Who was a first round pick and only signed the richest contract in team history.....lol Troy had 0 INTs and 0 sacks...lol Plus his tackling fell way off this year...He blew a ton of tackles this year...

Troy Polamalu's last INT was Oct. 22 2006 vs the Atlanta Falcons....lol Thats really awesome for a guy that is making the most money on the team.....Some Steelers fans will always crack me up....Don't knock the fan favorites but lets roast a guy like Smith who isn't a vet like Troy and isn't make anything close to what Troy is making.....But I know I know Troy helped us win it all in 2005.....Sorry I don't live in the past......I'm a greedy bitch and I want more Super Bowl titles.....

LOL, Let's get it poppin then nephew. First off you've got me f##ked by attempting to "check my oil". Or should i say made a grievous error in judgement by assuming that i'm 'bashing' smith by attempting to catagorize me with any off brand,dirty sneaker, larry the cable guy shirt and bad jean wearing crazy Kooter hillbilly's, rednecks, cougars, nerds, lames and or bama azz uncle tom's or aunt Tanisha's that dwell in western P.A, the midwestern and southwestern USA, colorado and all backwater spots in between that sh#t on athletes and anyone else 'high profile' because they are unhappy in life. LMAO

I'm speaking of the reality that dictates that if one was an average or project player on the collegiate level, more often than not,...they will only be a SLIGHT overacheiver at best at the pro level. IE: Smith, Taylor,Keisel,Wilson, Washington, Harrison, Carter, Foote, Haggans, Gay and Mcfadden.

Surely there are exceptions to this rule.Even some suppossed 'thoroughbreds' never live up to the hype,...you know,... like Ben. LMAO But more often than not, like most things in life,...you get what you pay for.

Bottom line Troy is an elite football player. But he like no other man on this planet can along with playing his position, play both corner spots, FS, DE and Linebacker. Knock it off

K Train
01-09-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm speaking of the reality that dictates that if one was an average or project player on the collegiate level, more often than not,...they will only be a SLIGHT overacheiver at best at the pro level. IE: Smith, Taylor,Keisel,Wilson, Washington, Harrison, Carter, Foote, Haggans, Gay and Mcfadden.

Surely there are exceptions to this rule.Even some suppossed 'thoroughbreds' never live up to the hype,...you know,... like Ben. LMAO But more often than not, like most things in life,...you get what you pay for.

Bottom line Troy is an elite football player. But he like no other man on this planet can along with playing his position, play both corner spots, FS, DE and Linebacker. Knock it off

lol troy ****ed the defense all year long, hes without question the most overrated player on the team and made the probowl because of his hair...its ok if you have a thing for him, but he was not elite by any means and he could play corner if he tried, ed reed could, but not troy, not even close

FC FURY
01-09-2008, 03:36 PM
My 2 option Mock ..Assuming Faneca and Starks both leave

1.Ryan Clady...LT Boise St
(If hes gone...)
1B.Jeff Otah..LT Pittsburgh

2.Roy Scheunning G/T/C Oregon St
2B. Dre Moore Def End Maryland

3.Kendall Langford Def End Hampton
3b. Heath Benedict G/T Newberry

4.Peyton Hillis FB Arkansas
4b.Ben Moffit ILB South Fla

5.Fernando Velasco C UGA
5b.Jamey Richard C Buffalo(his stock is going to explode)

6.Piece of Poo Rossum

7.Josh Morgan Wr Va Tech
7b.Bruce Hocker Wr Duquense

If the Steelers resign Starks

1st round pick becomes interesting.

1.Malcom Kelly Wr OU
2.John Stewart Rb Oregon
3.Calias Campbell Def End Miami( I am not a fan...His upside is off the charts)

Name to watch for....Phillip Merling Def End Clemson

Black@Gold Forever32
01-09-2008, 05:22 PM
LOL, Let's get it poppin then nephew. First off you've got me f##ked by attempting to "check my oil". Or should i say made a grievous error in judgement by assuming that i'm 'bashing' smith by attempting to catagorize me with any off brand,dirty sneaker, larry the cable guy shirt and bad jean wearing crazy Kooter hillbilly's, rednecks, cougars, nerds, lames and or bama azz uncle tom's or aunt Tanisha's that dwell in western P.A, the midwestern and southwestern USA, colorado and all backwater spots in between that sh#t on athletes and anyone else 'high profile' because they are unhappy in life. LMAO

I don't even know what that first paragraph is about.....So I'll stay away from that.....But I know you never been a Big Ben fan ....You have made that clear from years past an other forum we use to post at.....But really how hasn't Ben lived up to the hype? I don't know if you paid attention this year but Ben had a great season and set team records while Troy was just non productive...Go ahead defend 0 INTs and 0 sacks....Oct. 22 2006 was the last time Troy had a an INT...lol You can make all the excuses you want for him but it holds no water when Troy has the type of year he did this past season.....Troy is so over-rated its not even funny....Went from being a top 3-5 S in the NFL and play-maker to a non factor in a very short time...lol

steelcityrockers
01-09-2008, 07:53 PM
OK, updated draft:

1st Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College = obvious need

Trade our 2nd, 5th and 7th for Chicago's 2nd and 5th

2nd Adarius Bowman, WR, Oklahoma State = bye bye Ced Wilson
3rd Cody Wallace, C, Texas AM = move Mahan to G
4th Dre Moore, DT, Maryland = back-up for Smith
5th Andrew Crummey, OG, Maryland = hopeful diamond in the rough

FA's RB Javorskie Lane = rookie FA hopefully... Goal line battering ram!!!
CB Dominique Foxworth = more depth and get rid of dead weight
TE Marcus Pollard = for 3TE sets

Not bad. I don't know if Foxworth will be available (RFA) and the Broncos like him I think. I like Dekker more than Pollard. He is OLD and cant block real well. You do NOT want Javorski Lane. He would not make it out of camp. He is absolutely horrific. He is sssslow and cries...a lot. Also overweight. You think 300 pounds, "Wow thats a big RB. It would be like the old Days!" You cant give me any Brandon Jacobs compairisons because Jacobs ran a legit 4.45 coming out, not agile out all but pretty good in a straight line. Lane cant outrun Casey Hampton in a straught line. He has NO agility and couldnt even make it to the hole before someone catches him. .Russell is better than any other back you could get UDFA anyhow.

MDSteel15
01-10-2008, 01:32 AM
You are insane to think Lane has no agillity! Have you seen him actually play? It takes 3 or 4 guys each play to tackle this dude. Go to YouTube and watch him... It's insanity watching him! Plus he even has nice hands out of the backfield.

steelcityrockers
01-10-2008, 08:38 AM
He also has attitude problems. He CRIED when he didn't get the ball against PSU. Do you really want him? And the plays on Youtube are just a small fraction. He has had some not-so-good plays as well. If we HAD to get a UDFA RB I would like Omar Cuff from Delaware, but we are fine at that position with Parker, Davenport, Russell, Haynes, Davis, and Vincent on the Practice Squad.

seth_westover
01-10-2008, 12:41 PM
if he doesnt get drafted, why not take a chance on him? let him go through the camps and see if he doesnt blow everybody away! and if he doesnt, mr lane heres the door! lol! dude has the ability to be a monster if he can get good coaching! why not take a chance?

MDSteel15
01-10-2008, 06:12 PM
if he doesnt get drafted, why not take a chance on him? let him go through the camps and see if he doesnt blow everybody away! and if he doesnt, mr lane heres the door! lol! dude has the ability to be a monster if he can get good coaching! why not take a chance?

Seth, thank you! A voice of reasoning. It wasn't hard to figure now was it?

seth_westover
01-10-2008, 07:37 PM
nope! lol! besides i love that big son of a bitch! lol! he seriously has upside out the ***! if we can control the crybaby **** people are complaning about then i see no problem takin a chance on this monster! lol

steelcityrockers
01-10-2008, 08:41 PM
He would be a waste of roster space....

MDSteel15
01-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Dude, if he can't control the eating and the boohoo crap he gets cut! No harm no foul :eyecrazy:

steelcityrockers
01-10-2008, 08:57 PM
I am done arguing over the jelly rolls of Lane. I respect your opinions but quite frankly he sucks. Just because he is big doesent mean he is any good and that is just not "Steeler Football" anymore. We are more spread out now. At MOST he ends up on a practice squad for a few years before he gets cut and goes to a 3rd rate Indoor Football team like Eric Shelton.

K Train
01-10-2008, 09:00 PM
i would rather prefer just keeping a waste of atmosphere like him off the roster all together if possible...all you are so desperately looking for the next bus when quite frankly its never gonna happen

MDSteel15
01-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Train, I was never a Bettis fan. I just want someone that can bust thru the line because Dookie sure as hell can't.

K Train
01-10-2008, 10:14 PM
google his name and all you see is stuff like "the next bus?" and its people like you that make that stuff up, if you want someone to bust through the line, lets look for talent, not slobs