PDA

View Full Version : Can the Steelers clinch a playoff birth with a win Thursday???

Troyisabeast_43
12-17-2007, 01:24 AM
Im reading different websites and different scenarios and some say they can others say they cant. The ones that say they wont clinch with just a win over the Rams which would get them to 10 wins is because it would be a non conference win and not count inside the AFC. I dont know how accurate that is or not but I know if we would win agains the Rams and lose against the Ravens that puts our conference record at 7-5. Now hypothetically assuming the Browns win out and finish 11-5 and do win the North over us if we do indeed finish 10-6, and Tennessee finishes 10-6 as well with a 7-5 conference record like the Steelers would they beat the Titans out for the last spot?? My question is what would be the next tiebraker common opponents or strength of victory??

The Chargers have already jumped the Steelers at this point for the number 3 seed and It looks like now in order to get that number 3 seed the Steelers are going to have to win out and have San Diego lose one of their last 2 games to either Denver or the Raiders. You might not think their is a big difference between getting the 3 or 4 seed but the difference at this point is if your the 3 you get the Browns and Colts the first 2 games, and if your the 4 you get the Jags and Pats which is much much tougher. The Steelers really need to WIN in St Louis Thursday night and put the pressure on the Browns to win in Cincy on Sunday to still have a shot to win the North. A loss to the Rams on Thursday night and all bets are off in terms of making the playoffs. If somebody could help me out though with that 10-6 scenario with Tennessee and how that works it would be great thanks guys.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2007, 01:40 AM
They're still on course to win the AFC North Division.

To do so, the Steelers need only defeat a three-win St. Louis team that was lit up Sunday by Green Bay and a four-win Baltimore team that lost yesterday to previously winless Miami.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_543119.html

Without researching it further because frankly I'm too tired too at this point, lol, it would go to strength of schedule next I believe if it were to come down to us and Tennesse.

Troyisabeast_43
12-17-2007, 01:51 AM
I understand that TG and Prisuta makes a lot of good points but that still doesnt answer my question as to whether the Steelers would win a tiebraker over the Titans should they beat the Rams and lose to the Ravens and finish with the same 7-5 conference record as the Titans because like it or not that sceanrio is still out there and at this point its very possible. If Prisuta or anybody else thinks its a mortal lock the Steelers are going to win both of these games against the Rams and Ravens just by showing up then they are badly mistaken. This team has been inconsistent on the road all season long and have lost to bad teams on the road this year and the Rams even though their 3-10 are much improved over the last month and are healthy and the Ravens are not going to want to lose 10 in a row to end their season and go 0-6 within the AFC North and they would love to ruin the Steelers chances at winning the division or god forbid clinching a playoff spot that last week in Baltimore. But again, if anybody can find out this scenario with Tennessee and the Steelers if it indeed would happen let me know thanks.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2007, 01:53 AM
I added something to my post probably at the same time you were typing..LOL

Without researching it further because frankly I'm too tired too at this point, lol, it would go to strength of schedule next I believe if it were to come down to us and Tennesse.

Prisuta was probably being a bit sarcastic in his article, he does that a lot but in the end he is probably right that we will win out and squeak into the playoffs but be promptly ousted. It wouldnt surprise me to see this team not recover at this point because they've shown a propensity to not show up in 1 phase or another on any given week and once you hit the playoffs you better be a complete team or you won't do anything.

Troyisabeast_43
12-17-2007, 01:56 AM
I think its strength of victory before strength of schedule first. The common opponents is before both of those but that is a wash because it would end in a tie at 2-2 I believe. This is all a moot point if the Steelers win these last 2 or even if they win this week and the Browns lose to the Bengals but I would still like to know one way or another because it could very well indeed come down to that tiebraker with the Titans if the Steelers are not very very careful here.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2007, 01:58 AM
The worst part about this whole situation is we could have avoided all of this if we would have taken care of business against teams like the Jets and Broncos. Had we done that the loss to the Pats wouldn't have had such a dramatic affect on our playoffs situation but couple that with the loss now to the Jags and it's al just a pitiful sight to behold considering we had a 2 1/2 game lead in the division just 2 weeks ago and now we're tied ( well a 1/2 game lead since we own the tiebreaker with Cleveland).

Troyisabeast_43
12-17-2007, 02:04 AM
I do not believe the Steelers are bad enough to lose to both the Rams and Ravens and miss out, and I also believe that the Browns and Titans are not good enough to win their last 2 games and force that tiebraker I mentioned to knock the Steelers out of the playoffs. At this point it would take an absolute disaster or implosion for the Steelers to not get in even if they would lose the last 2 games the Titans lose to the Colts or Jets they still get in. If the Steelers would dare miss the playoffs the 75th anniversery season will go down as by far the biggest collapse in Steelers history. There will just be no conceivable reason or excuse for this Steelers team in the position they are in now to not make the playoffs it would take a complete and total **** up for it to happen.

black an gold 4 life
12-17-2007, 09:51 AM
if we win out we the divison, my problem is this ben was hurt yesterday it was obvious by his play r u all sure we don't have coward still coaching with an tan:scratch:? why not put batch n:scratch::cursin:i'm tired of the weak play calling, the poor execution,etc.................the defense will get tired 2 if we keep going 3and out on offense, u can totally blame the d.i thought there was no i n team is the only reason ben out there is 2 break the team touchdown record?:scratch::cursin:come on steelers get ur heads out of ur a****:cursin:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2007, 10:18 AM
if we win out we the divison, my problem is this ben was hurt yesterday it was obvious by his play r u all sure we don't have coward still coaching with an tan:scratch:? why not put batch n:scratch::cursin:i'm tired of the weak play calling, the poor execution,etc.................the defense will get tired 2 if we keep going 3and out on offense, u can totally blame the d.i thought there was no i n team is the only reason ben out there is 2 break the team touchdown record?:scratch::cursin:come on steelers get ur heads out of ur a****:cursin:

Ben has been hurt since the last half the season, he's been playing through it just fine you can't blame him for any deficiencies in the play calling, which by the way the play calling was just fine yesterday save for a few botched ones. Ben executes the game plan and is playing like a top 5 QB in the NFL this year. Putting Batch in would the dumbest thing we could do right now because there's no reason to do it.

Iron City South
12-17-2007, 10:21 AM
The worst part about this whole situation is we could have avoided all of this if we would have taken care of business against teams like the Jets and Broncos. Had we done that the loss to the Pats wouldn't have had such a dramatic affect on our playoffs situation but couple that with the loss now to the Jags and it's al just a pitiful sight to behold considering we had a 2 1/2 game lead in the division just 2 weeks ago and now we're tied ( well a 1/2 game lead since we own the tiebreaker with Cleveland).

+1 ... well stated. :bigthumb:

DIESELMAN
12-17-2007, 11:26 AM
I think its strength of victory before strength of schedule first. The common opponents is before both of those but that is a wash because it would end in a tie at 2-2 I believe. This is all a moot point if the Steelers win these last 2 or even if they win this week and the Browns lose to the Bengals but I would still like to know one way or another because it could very well indeed come down to that tiebraker with the Titans if the Steelers are not very very careful here.
Your right it is strength of victory before schedule.

The six postseason participants from each conference will be seeded as follows:
1. The division champion with the best record.
2. The division champion with the second-best record.
3. The division champion with the third-best record.
4. The division champion with the fourth-best record.
5. The Wild Card club with the best record.
6. The Wild Card club with the second-best record.
The following procedures will be used to break standings ties for postseason playoffs and to determine regular-season schedules.
NOTE: Tie games count as one-half win and one-half loss for both clubs.

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in common games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.

Three or More Clubs
(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM OR AMONG DIVISION WINNERS
If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.
1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
2. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head, if applicable.
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
4. Strength of victory.
5. Strength of schedule.
6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
7. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best net points in conference games.
9. Best net points in all games.
10. Best net touchdowns in all games.
11. Coin toss.

Three or More Clubs
(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)
1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
9. Best net points in conference games.
12. Coin toss

When the first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2007, 11:29 AM
We might want to sticky that breakdown somewhere for future reference, thanks Tom !

Troyisabeast_43
12-17-2007, 11:31 AM
Ben is not the problem on this team by any stretch are you kidding me?? Do you think Charlie Batch makes that play to Willie Parker where he flips the ball for him and he picks up 40 yards when he was practically down for a sack?? The problem on this team right now is the offensive line cant protect Ben for ****, and our overrated number 1 ranked defense cant stop anybody when the game is on the line in the 4th quarter now allowing 4 teams Arizona,Denver,Jets,and the Jags to drive the ball right down our throat when the game was on the line. If people think Charlie Batch is the answer right now over Ben they are ****ing idiots I just cant believe people keep saying this all over town on talk shows and radio shows its ****ing insane.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2007, 11:35 AM
What in the hell kind of radio station would have the balls to say that Batch is a better option than Ben right now??? oh wait, these are the same guys that say we have " a great offensive line" or "a bruising, pounding running game". :banging:

Troyisabeast_43
12-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Your right it is strength of victory before schedule.

The six postseason participants from each conference will be seeded as follows:
1. The division champion with the best record.
2. The division champion with the second-best record.
3. The division champion with the third-best record.
4. The division champion with the fourth-best record.
5. The Wild Card club with the best record.
6. The Wild Card club with the second-best record.
The following procedures will be used to break standings ties for postseason playoffs and to determine regular-season schedules.
NOTE: Tie games count as one-half win and one-half loss for both clubs.

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.

Three or More Clubs
(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM OR AMONG DIVISION WINNERS
If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.
1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.

Two Clubs
4. Strength of victory.
5. Strength of schedule.
6. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
11. Coin toss.

Three or More Clubs
(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)
1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
9. Best net points in conference games.
12. Coin toss

When the first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth.

AFC North
Pittsburgh can clinch the AFC North Division title in Week 16 with:

a win and a Cleveland loss

Pittsburgh can clinch a playoff berth in Week 16 with:

a Tennessee loss OR
a win or tie and a Tennessee tie

So much like I thought even if we win on Thursday we dont clinch a playoff spot yet, we need to wait till Sunday and either have the Browns or Titans lose. If the Steelers win Thursday and Browns lose Sunday to Cincy the Steelers clinch the division, if the Steelers win Thursday and the Titans lose to the Jets Sunday they clinch a playoff birth. So the bottom line is even if the Steelers do win on Thursday they will not clinch a playoff birth on Sunday unless the Browns or Titans lose. So unless one of them loses Sunday assuming we do win Thursday night which we desperately need to do now after reading this scenario the Steelers will go into the last week of the season against Baltimore still fighting for not only the division title but a playoff birth. So for everybody who thinks the Steelers control their own destiny to get in the playoffs they still do but not this week they dont.

BringTheWoodley
12-17-2007, 12:16 PM
You got to be kidding me with this Batch crap! That is what frustrates me the most about our so called fan base...any true fan knows that Big Ben is playing the best football of his career right now..behind that poor excuse of a line even. 3 players played with heart, Big Ben,Willie, and Troy P. After all the negative talk about Troy all week i thought the guy played like a warrior, of course he should have been nice and fresh but still he made the plays.
The problem with our D that i can see is that we cannot blitz the QB anymore with success.The whole idea of a blitz is your gambling..if you don't get to the QB then your leaving somone wide open..we don't have the speed we used to on D to get there...maybe once we put some youth and speed in there like Woodley and hopefully Timmons. Once again i thought the whole team came out flat..no fire at all in that D.After the embarassment with new England i thought we'd come out with some passion.
Tomlin has been cruising along all season..now is the time to show the man you are and lead this team, if there ever is a time to regroup these guys,the time is now.If they come out flat again on Thurs night then they do not deserve a playoff birth. I'd rather see The Browns in atleast they are playing with heart and passion.

Troyisabeast_43
12-17-2007, 02:20 PM
AFC
Division leaders W-L Div. Conf. Remaining opponents
1. *New England Patriots 14-0 5-0 11-0 MIA (1-13), @ NYG (9-5) = 10-18 (.357)
Now that home-field advantage is wrapped up, there's nothing left to play for in the regular season ... or is there?
2. z-Indianapolis Colts 12-2 4-0 8-2 HOU (7-7), TEN (8-6) = 15-13 (.536)
The Colts are locked into the No. 2 playoff position. With nothing to play for in final two weeks, might be time to get healthy.
3. y-San Diego Chargers 9-5 3-1 7-3 DEN (6-8), @ OAK (4-10) = 10-18 (.357)
Don't tell the Chargers they have nothing to play for. A No. 3 seed means avoiding the Patriots for one more week.
4. Pittsburgh Steelers 9-5 5-0 7-4 @ STL (3-11), @ BAL (4-10) = 7-21 (.250)
Not the way you want to enter the playoffs if you're the Steelers, who are looking just to hang on in the AFC North.

Wild cards W-L Div. Conf. Remaining opponents
5. Jacksonville Jaguars 10-4 2-3 7-3 OAK (4-10), @ HOU (7-7) = 11-17 (.393)
Their win at Pittsburgh on Sunday sent a message around the AFC and nearly solidified the No. 5 seed.
6. Cleveland Browns 9-5 3-2 7-4 @ CIN (5-9), SF (4-10) = 9-19 (.321)
They still have an outside shot at a division crown, but their main focus right now is just getting in.

Still in the hunt W-L Div. Conf. Remaining opponents
Tennessee Titans 8-6 3-2 5-5 NYJ (3-11), @ IND (12-2) = 15-13 (.536)
The remaining schedule includes one team playing for next season and another that is likely to be resting for the playoffs.

NFC
Division leaders W-L Div. Conf. Remaining opponents
1. z-Dallas Cowboys 12-2 4-1 9-1 @ CAR (5-9), @ WAS (7-7) = 12-16 (.429)
Home-field advantage was almost a certainty, until their loss on Sunday put that in jeopardy.
2. z-Green Bay Packers 12-2 3-1 8-2 @ CHI (5-8), DET (6-8) = 11-16 (.407)
They've wrapped up the division and now the Cowboys have given Green Bay a reason to play hard for at least another week.
3. y-Seattle Seahawks 9-5 5-1 8-3 BAL (4-10), @ ATL (3-11) = 7-21 (.250)
All that momentum gained from their five-game winning streak came to a sudden halt with their loss to Carolina.
4. y-Tampa Bay Buccaneers 9-5 5-0 8-2 @ SF (4-10), CAR (6-8) = 10-18 (.357)
The No. 3 seed would be up for grabs had the Bucs not played Seattle this season. But they did, and lost 20-6 in Week 1.

Wild cards W-L Div. Conf. Remaining opponents
5. New York Giants 9-5 3-3 7-5 @ BUF (7-7), NE (14-0) = 21-7 (.750)
What once seemed impossible -- and not too long ago -- is now reality: The Giants actually could miss the playoffs.
6. Minnesota Vikings 7-6 2-3 5-5 CHI (5-8), WAS (7-7), @ DEN (6-8) = 18-23 (.439)
If the regular season ended today, the Vikings would be in the playoffs. The way they're playing now, they might be in at the end, too.

Still in the hunts W-L Div. Conf. Remaining opponents
New Orleans Saints 7-7 3-3 6-4 PHI (6-8), @ CHI (5-8) = 11-16 (.407)
They're still in it after finally getting back to .500 on Sunday, and a plus-.500 conference mark is playing in their favor.
Washington Redskins 7-7 2-3 5-5 @ MIN (7-6), DAL (12-2) = 19-8 (.704)
Remaining schedule is a beast, but the stars could be starting to align for a team many are cheering for.
Arizona Cardinals 6-8 2-3 3-7 ATL (3-11), STL (3-11) = 6-22 (.214)
If they had won a game or two more, they could look at their final two games as their ticket in. But ...
Detroit Lions 6-8 3-2 4-7 KC (4-10), @ GB (12-2) = 16-12 (.571)
How impressive was the Lions' start to the season? They've lost six straight and they still haven't been eliminated.
Carolina Panthers 6-8 2-3 6-4 DAL (12-2), @ TB (9-5) = 21-7 (.750)
Like a cockroach, the Panthers just won't go away. The exterminators, however, are on their way.
Philadelphia Eagles 6-8 2-4 4-7 @ NO (7-7), BUF (7-7) = 14-14 (.500)
Big win at Dallas, but most likely too little, way too late.

Iron City South
12-17-2007, 02:23 PM
Dude, there's no way you're typing this fast. You posted 4 posts in a matter of 2 minutes. Are you a "cut and paster"?

Troyisabeast_43
12-17-2007, 02:27 PM
Well this scenario one is a cut and paster from nfl.com and stuff but the other ones are not. I do type fast yes but Im not that fast believe me lol...

yinzer
12-17-2007, 02:35 PM
Dude, there's no way you're typing this fast. You posted 4 posts in a matter of 2 minutes. Are you a "cut and paster"?

lol that's hilarious

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2007, 03:47 PM
The only scenario we need to worry about is winning our last 2 games and taking the divisional crown, anything else and we might as well just warm up the lazy boy and get ready to brush up on our golf games.

Troyisabeast_43
12-17-2007, 04:31 PM
Exactly TG but a loss to the Rams on Thursday night and the scenarios of tiebrakers and strength of victory much like I kept posting at the end of last season have a good shot of returning for the final week of the season. I for one hope it doesnt lol...But make no mistake about it if the Steelers do not win in St Louis their playoff chances are really going to go into the shitter going into the last week and we may indeed be looking at a total and complete collapse.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2007, 04:35 PM
I completely agree, that's why winning out is so important. Even if we split the last 2 games and somehow sneak in we might as well not even bother because we'll heading into the postseason amidst such a colossal collapse that it won't even be funny.

The problem is we've had so many "must" win games the last few weeks and we've come up short that right now I don't know if this team can recover by thursday and be ready to play. This is where we separate the men from the boys.

StlersGuy
12-17-2007, 06:30 PM
we could face the Jags in the 1st round of the playoff's :scratch:

well this time they will go down :cope::helmet:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2007, 06:38 PM
read all the playoff threads here, the possibilities are extensive in the AFC depending on how we finish out the year but it will most likely come down to either the Jags or Browns unless we have something wild and unforeseen unfold or unless we totally tank and miss the playoffs altogether.

K Train
12-17-2007, 06:42 PM
gotta make the playoffs first...then who knows what will happen

Troyisabeast_43
12-17-2007, 06:46 PM
At this point we could play anybody from the Browns,Jags,Titans to San Diego depending on how the Steelers finish this season out. They can go from the number 3 seed back down to the number 6 seed. Now I dont think that will happen but at this point all bets are off. Id like to play the Titans or Browns if I had to pick out of that group. I know people will say it will be hard to beat the Browns 3 times but I still think the Browns are overrated and their defense is not very good and the Steelers are still in their heads because they have beaten them 9 straight times. With that being said I still think it will be hard for the Jags to come in here and win in the playoffs even though they did dominate the Steelers yesterday all across the board they still only won by a TD and blew a 15 point lead. I think the Steelers will take it very very personal if they do play them the next time and wont let Fred Taylor and the Jags run the ball down their throats like they did this time around. The Jags played well yesterday and won and deserved to win but they were lucky to hang onto that game because the Steelers came back and had all the momentum. The Jags I think next time they come in here will have to play better to beat the Steelers the 2nd time around if a rematch indeed does happen.

SteelersWoman
12-18-2007, 09:38 AM
http://www.journalgazette.net/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071217/APS/712170779&template=apart

That link gives all the possibilities.

SteelAfan
12-18-2007, 10:02 AM
:helmet:
Although anything is possible I can only hope they get it together for the remaining games. However, I think that at the end of the day what matters is if there is any possibility of the Steelers not making it? Is it even a possibility that we don't go to the play off?

I don't believe Tennessee is going to beat Indy. which means the best they can do is 10-6. We need to win one more game to have the same record. Does that prevent the Steelers from going to the playoffs? Because if it doesn't then it's a moot point. Regardless of who we play first we will more than likely have to play New England or Indy to go the the show. If we don't think we can beat them then what is the point of any of this right? With that said then I think that the only way the Steelers don't get to the post season is if they loose the next two games and both Cleveland and Tennessee win their last two. Correct? I hope I got it right :banging:

Cheers,
Hopeful:eyecrazy:

DIESELMAN
12-18-2007, 11:02 AM
Win the last 2 and theres no question we are in, we can't lose even one game then we're sitting around hoping and praying someone else loses/wins. I don't want to spend my Sundays rooting for another team to lose/win just so we make the playoffs, thats pathetic. :helmet:

floodcitygirl
12-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Win the last 2 and theres no question we are in, we can't lose even one game then we're sitting around hoping and praying someone else loses/wins. I don't want to spend my Sundays rooting for another team to lose/win just so we make the playoffs, thats pathetic. :helmet:Exactly. Otherwise it means I have to become a Bengal fan?????!!!!! I actually had someone suggest (seriously) to me yesterday that, since I have those tickets for the Bengal/Brown game and that Palmer jersey that I won, I should wear it and head down to the game to cheer on the Bengals. This just can't be happening.

DIESELMAN
12-18-2007, 11:20 AM
Exactly. Otherwise it means I have to become a Bengal fan?????!!!!! I actually had someone suggest (seriously) to me yesterday that, since I have those tickets for the Bengal/Brown game and that Palmer jersey that I won, I should wear it and head down to the game to cheer on the Bengals. This just can't be happening.
You should go to the game and burn that jersey in front of everybody :haha: but be prepared to go to jail and bring some really big people with you. :greengrin:

floodcitygirl
12-18-2007, 11:36 AM
You should go to the game and burn that jersey in front of everybody :haha: but be prepared to go to jail and bring some really big people with you. :greengrin:Your concern for my welfare is appreciated. I'll be thinking about that as I'm sitting in the slammer! lol!

The Steelers need to take care of their own business. Although if the Bengals end up helping us out, of course we'll take it. That would actually help fuel the fodder around here. :lol:

DIESELMAN
12-18-2007, 11:44 AM
Your concern for my welfare is appreciated. I'll be thinking about that as I'm sitting in the slammer! lol!

Not a problem....I would tell ya to take an over night bag, but they got that covered for ya. :greengrin:

The Steelers need to take care of their own business. Although if the Bengals end up helping us out, of course we'll take it. That would actually help fuel the fodder around here. :lol:

I'd rather see us taking care of our own business, don't want any Bunghole fans coming on here looking for a pat on the back. :lol:

TampaSteelGirl
12-18-2007, 01:12 PM

EXACTLY! ENOUGH SAID! :clap:

JohnnySteele
12-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Ya that's right... I was looking at divisional tiebreakers. With the win over the Rams last night, the Steelers still have not clinched a playoff birth (Steelers 7-5 Titans 5-5 in AFC games). BUT the Titans will have to beat the Colts to knock us out.

Steelersfan
12-21-2007, 12:10 PM
Isn't the division tie breaker only for teams that are tied from the same division?

f it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken. 1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
Two Clubs
4. Strength of victory.
5. Strength of schedule.
11. Coin toss.

We are 7-4 while the Titans are 5-5 at this point.

DIESELMAN
12-21-2007, 12:13 PM
Isn't the division tie breaker only for teams that are tied from the same division?

We are 7-4 while the Titans are 5-5 at this point.
Yup, but then it goes to best record against the same teams.

Steelersfan
12-21-2007, 12:17 PM
Yup, so then it goes to best conference record, which we own. I'm wondering why everyone is sayin we haven't clinched a playoff spot yet? :scratch:

I suppose because we could still end up at 7-5 and tied with the Titans as far as that goes.
It would then go to number three which I have no idea if we win or not.

DIESELMAN
12-21-2007, 12:18 PM

From what I see, the Titans are 1-3 in common games. They beat the Jags once, lost to them in the second meeting and have lost to the Broncos and the Bungholes.

DIESELMAN
12-21-2007, 12:22 PM
Titans schedule:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/schedule?team=TEN

DIESELMAN
12-21-2007, 12:27 PM
We're 2-2 in common games, beating the Bungholes twice and lost to the Jets and Jax, even if the Titans win against the Jets, they would still be 2-3.

Steelersfan
12-21-2007, 12:29 PM
Still says we need this to happen.....

PITTSBURGH STEELERS
Pittsburgh clinches the AFC North Division title with a win and a Cleveland loss.
Pittsburgh clinches a playoff berth with:
1) Tennessee loss OR
2) Steelers win or tie + Tennessee tie

JohnnySteele
12-21-2007, 12:31 PM
PITTSBURGH STEELERS
Pittsburgh clinches the AFC North Division title with a win and a Cleveland loss.
Pittsburgh clinches a playoff berth with:
1) Tennessee loss OR
2) Steelers win or tie + Tennessee tie

there we go...

DIESELMAN
12-21-2007, 12:36 PM
You know what? **** it, we're in, I don't care what anyone says :lol:

Steelersfan
12-21-2007, 12:38 PM
I agree!........lol

floodcitygirl
12-21-2007, 01:31 PM
You know what? **** it, we're in, I don't care what anyone says :lol:Sounds good to me! :plus1: