PDA

View Full Version : Haggans last hoorah

BlackGold4vr
12-16-2007, 07:13 PM
With Clark Haggans in his last year and a $4,000,000.00 dollar cap hit I expect that Woodley will be filling that Roster spot next year. Haggans just isn't worth the money it would take to resign him.

James Harrison was a 1.4 mil cap hit. With 32 more tackles and 5 more sacks its not hard to figure out who is more of a bargain.

Woodley is even more of a bargain at 751K. He hardly played but was tied with Haggans at 3 sacks. Woodley was a DE in college and better at pass rushing than Haggans. He also plays at 20 pounds heavier than Haggans.

I think Timmons will eventually take one of those inside backer jobs.

I look forward to having bookend bad-asses next year at OLB.

As far as the draft goes....O-line....O-line.....O-line

BlitzburghRockCity
12-16-2007, 07:18 PM
Haggans would restructure his deal I think if it meant he could stay with us but you're right we have got Woodley and Timmons waiting in the wings and at this point Clark is the odd man out.

Iron City South
12-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Haggins needs to go .... PERIOD!

And while we're at it we need to think about replacing Foote and and Kiesel. I like Kiesel, but as long as we're plaing the 3-4 ... he's not cutting it .... not even close.

Bottom line: This LB crew is older and slower and no longer the personnel needed to run a very difficult 3-4 scheme. You need VERY special players to do it well ..... we no longer have them.

K Train
12-16-2007, 07:56 PM
how good would haynesworth be this offseason...its nice to dream lol

BlackGold4vr
12-16-2007, 08:07 PM
Haggins needs to go .... PERIOD!

And while we're at it we need to think about replacing Foote and and Kiesel. I like Kiesel, but as long as we're plaing the 3-4 ... he's not cutting it .... not even close.

Bottom line: This LB crew is older and slower and no longer the personnel needed to run a very difficult 3-4 scheme. You need VERY special players to do it well ..... we no longer have them.

:plus1:

Our pass rush is a joke. Its only when we send 7 or 8 people in an all out blitz that we apply any pressure or get even close to the quarterback. Most of the time when we rush 3 or 4 we never get close. There are teams out there that get consistent pressure with their 4 down lineman on every play without blitzing.

Our O-line is perhaps the worst I have ever seen in Pittsburgh since I starting watching them 33 years ago. They don't pass block well and they don't run block much better. How many plays this year have I seen a DT in our backfield before Ben can even hand the ball off. We need to draft some real road graters this year. There is no way that next years line could play any worse than this one even if we started a couple of rookies in there.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-16-2007, 09:21 PM
Keisel won't be going anywhere, he does a lot more on our defense than just play the DL. He runs around, plays alittle LB, goes out in coverage so just because he's not getting there all the time doesn't mean he's not good. I do think our DL needs some serious depth because you can tell when Aaron Smith isn't in there we are seriously lacking. He's not the only reason but still the guy is one of the best in the league. If we can get some fresh BIG guys there to back up the front 3 that start it will go a long way.

We have nobody to replace Foote or Farrior right now in the middle so that means we would need to spend a high draft pick on that area when we need to worry about the OL more. I think both of them are back next year and we concentrate mainly on the OL as the big need and then the following year we seriously look for ILB help.

K Train
12-16-2007, 09:40 PM
i like ali highsmith from LSU in the 2nd or 3rd round if we decide to go that direction....haggans will be back, but woodley will take his snaps....harrison is rock solid, timmons will get worked in alot more, but our lack of pass rush today was directly due to aaron smith

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Timmons will slide inside

cover 3
12-17-2007, 04:18 AM
Clark Haggans - seriously what are we going to do about this impostor?

Can he tackle?

He is soft.

:cursin:

black an gold 4 life
12-17-2007, 08:44 AM
i agree with u haggans is an joke, i would love 2 c timmons an woodley play these last 2 games i don't care about the mistakes they will make, honestly i don't care if we finish 9-7, they need 2 get an feel 4 the speed of the game haggans an foote r just positional players, WE NEEDS PLAY MAKERS OUT THERE..........................

black an gold 4 life
12-17-2007, 09:08 AM
oline an we need just one shut down corner, but we need depth an the d-line position........................................go od ridance haggan go play 4 the clowns, foot should b outta here as well what has he done 4 us lately?:scratch:

yinzer
12-17-2007, 10:58 AM
our backers haven't done anything at all this season. (except harrison) :dunno:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2007, 11:22 AM
On the contrary, Farrior has had one of his better seasons with us this year..he's proven he's still a very good ILB but he is getting older. The guy is a sure tackler and a leader on the defense. He get burnt in some coverage though so that's a concern. Foote is good as well but I do think we need some youth infused here because Farrior isn't getting any younger and behind them we have virtually nothing.