PDA

View Full Version : Steeler Nation Took Hit On National TV Today

Steelerlyn
12-16-2007, 06:57 PM
According to the espn (Pittsburgh) post game radio show. The lack of Steeler fans at the game didn't look good for the Steeler Nation and he felt we took a serious "hit" He said he was there on the field.

Some people need to get a life:)

SteelerFan87
12-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Psh. What bullshit is that? Yeah, some fans left. Sucks for them, they missed a hell of a comeback. And there was alot of booing. But all of that was just Steelers fans (rightly) holding our team to a higher standard than what was being played on the field. The way our defense played today, they should be thankful that there were still enough fans there cheering them on anyway with "DEFENSE! DEFENSE!" and "HERE WE GO STEELERS! HERE WE GO!". I was impressed by how loud it was, even with all the people that left.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-16-2007, 07:20 PM
Im sure there were some that left the game at the 4th quarter when the Jags went up by 15 but to say we took a hit?? A hit to what, our fanhood or something?? What a bunch of crap !

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-16-2007, 07:48 PM
I would love to know why people still get bent over what espn says anymore. ESPN gave up covering sports long ago IMO.

Iron City South
12-16-2007, 08:18 PM
As much as some may be insulted the fans left, I see it as a statement .....

Steelers fans are generally football savy and not blind homers .... they see right through this bullshit and will now demand accountability and action.

Funny how when the ship is righted .... the fans are immediately behind this team again. It when the fans are ignored and left unheard that tension will mount.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-16-2007, 08:37 PM
ESPN does suck, it's to the point where I don't even watch countdown anymore or primetime, and I used to NEVER miss those.

StlersGuy
12-16-2007, 09:10 PM
well it did not take a hit in my house I had to watch the damn clowns again this week :banging:

TampaSteelGirl
12-16-2007, 09:44 PM
As much as some may be insulted the fans left, I see it as a statement .....

Steelers fans are generally football savy and not blind homers .... they see right through this bullshiat and will now demand accountability and action.

Funny how when the ship is righted .... the fans are immediately behind this team again. It when the fans are ignored and left unheard that tension will mount.

What?????? :scratch:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------
I love how they praise the Steelers pre game and them they run us into the ground post game! Losers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dee Mca
12-16-2007, 11:14 PM
I didn't even get an afternoon CBS game. Instead Me and 15 other people had to assist someone getting their stream working right. Middle of 3rd quarter we had audio and some what of video. With fans leaving it's understandable. With everything else going on: We're losing games we should be winning, Coaching changes, The weather (which was in 20's with rain and snow) the fact parts of downtown was/is flooded,Plain and simple traffic problems. All that added together maybe people was just disgusted enough to go home where they could be warm,dry and comfortable. Did they jump ship I doubt it. Last I heard season tickets is a 5 year wait. Give it up now next year we back in the swing of things they on outside looking in. Just what I think. I lived just outside of downtown Pittsburgh in Etna on High St. Sad to say their was a few times my dad took us home during the winter instead of staying to watch a game and we only lived 5 miles away.

MDSteel15
12-16-2007, 11:48 PM
well it did not take a hit in my house I had to watch the damn clowns again this week :banging:

HA! Try having to watch the Ratbirds lose to the Dolphins! Even though it's hilarious, it was a shatty game!

Prosdo
12-16-2007, 11:49 PM
ESPN will nit pick at everything. ESPN use to be a real sports network, but now they're just some punk *** channel. They hang onto stories like the Patriots and neglect to cover the NHL and other sports.

Steelerlyn
12-16-2007, 11:59 PM
I didn't even get an afternoon CBS game. Instead Me and 15 other people had to assist someone getting their stream working right. Middle of 3rd quarter we had audio and some what of video. With fans leaving it's understandable. With everything else going on: We're losing games we should be winning, Coaching changes, The weather (which was in 20's with rain and snow) the fact parts of downtown was/is flooded,Plain and simple traffic problems. All that added together maybe people was just disgusted enough to go home where they could be warm,dry and comfortable. Did they jump ship I doubt it. Last I heard season tickets is a 5 year wait. Give it up now next year we back in the swing of things they on outside looking in. Just what I think. I lived just outside of downtown Pittsburgh in Etna on High St. Sad to say their was a few times my dad took us home during the winter instead of staying to watch a game and we only lived 5 miles away.

LOL I don't know where you heard that ferry tale Dee, I have been on the season ticket waiting list for 12 years. People are not giving up their tickets, they are selling them and making money on them (good money at that)

Prosdo
12-17-2007, 12:10 AM
The wait for season tickets is 10+ years easy trust me. I know people have been on that list forever.

yinzer
12-17-2007, 10:49 AM

you need to go to a bar and watch