PDA

View Full Version : Wont shock me at all if this Steelers team implodes these last 2 weeks...

Troyisabeast_43
12-16-2007, 04:32 PM
Against the Rams and Baltimore. Even if the Steelers beat the Rams now they still dont even clinch a playoff spot yet and have to wait till Sunday to get help from either the Browns losing or the Titans losing because its a non conference win. The Ravens have just lost to the Dolphins too which is not good at all because it means they are going to be on a 9 game losing streak going into our game because they are not going to beat Seattle next week in Seattle. So you can bet your last dollar that the Ravens are going to play all out that last week against the Steelers to ruin their division title chances or god forbid their playoff chances for that matter which is no longer a mortal lock. A Steelers loss to the Rams on Thursday night and this team has a 65-75 percent chance of missing the playoffs. They hung with Green Bay for a good part of that game today so the Steelers had better show up Thursday night and be ready to play because you know the Rams will especially since it will be Marshall Faulk night and they will be retiring his number.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-16-2007, 04:53 PM
At this point this team doesn't deserve a playoff berth. We're lucky to be in first place at this point. Nate was talking after the game that the team has to put this loss behind them, well they damn well better learn from it because giving up 200+ yds at home in a must win situation is inexcusable.

Ambridge
12-16-2007, 04:59 PM
If the Steelers implode these next two weeks that will be a very bad reflection on Tomlin and a bad sign for the short term future of this franchise.

Blitzburghpete
12-16-2007, 05:01 PM
hate to say it but i think the steelers have been Underachiving all season long, with the exception of Ben.

How can it be that we posses the leagues best runner, yet we question the o line, the leagues number 1 defence yet give up 500 yards to the pats and 400 plus yard to the jags.

We can still win the show, but we've just got to get hot in all aspects of the game.

If we do, then i really think no one can stand with us, but as we stand, no we don't deserve to make the playoffs.

Again though i think Ben has been heroic this year. Despite all the sacks, and hits, he's still won us or kept us in game.
He has to be our MVP this year.

As for next season ....

Things will get a whole lot worse if Faneca goes. M Smith was eaten alove today, Mahan hasn't convinced me, Simmons, Colon, average....

Any stud OL in this years draft coming up?

Troyisabeast_43
12-16-2007, 05:10 PM
Yes it indeed it will Tomlin had better at the very worst make the playoffs. To be 9-3 at one point and seem to be a mortal lock for the playoffs, then go all the way to possibly 9-7 and miss the playoffs would be a disaster. The Steelers still control their own destiny however and even though they are going on the road the next 2 weeks they are playing 2 very bad teams that you would think they would be able to take care of.

Silverback 92
12-16-2007, 05:12 PM
rams can run pretty good and ravens lookin to spoil

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2007, 05:16 PM
If the Steelers implode these next two weeks that will be a very bad reflection on Tomlin and a bad sign for the short term future of this franchise.

I agree with you Ambridge...I was so pumped about the Tomlin hire....But as this season goes on and on....I'm starting to doubt Tomlin big time...I'm willing to cut him some slack as a first time HC....But how this team is fading this season which isn't a total shock...I thought after the Broncos loss that this team was a fraud...But I just don't see this team responding at all to him.....Certain individual players have but as the team as a whole the team hasn't....

BlackGold4vr
12-16-2007, 05:17 PM

It is way too soon to judge Tomlin with this Steeler team. This team is still made up of mostly Cowher players. Until most of the team is made up of Tomlins players I don't think we should judge him too harshly. Last year w/Cowher we missed the playoffs and only managed 8 wins. Year before we only managed to barely grasp onto the playoffs with the final seed. This team is now 3 years removed from the power football team it was 3 years ago when we went 15-1 and blew it in the conference title game.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2007, 05:25 PM
hate to say it but i think the steelers have been Underachiving all season long, with the exception of Ben.

How can it be that we posses the leagues best runner, yet we question the o line, the leagues number 1 defence yet give up 500 yards to the pats and 400 plus yard to the jags.

We can still win the show, but we've just got to get hot in all aspects of the game.

If we do, then i really think no one can stand with us, but as we stand, no we don't deserve to make the playoffs.

Again though i think Ben has been heroic this year. Despite all the sacks, and hits, he's still won us or kept us in game.
He has to be our MVP this year.

As for next season ....

Things will get a whole lot worse if Faneca goes. M Smith was eaten alove today, Mahan hasn't convinced me, Simmons, Colon, average....

Any stud OL in this years draft coming up?

Ben is a God and Willie is still the shiat...Both would be better with better Oline play.....As for this draft...There is a ton of OT in this draft....The OG depth isn't that great....But there is some good players at OG....I like Duke Robinson from Oklahoma and Roy Schuening from Oregon State....

matt89
12-16-2007, 05:27 PM
we have to remember big ben played injured throughout this game,and i'm sure polamalu wasn't 100% yet,i'm not worried. considering the ravens went down to miami,i'm not worried

Ambridge
12-16-2007, 05:39 PM
It is way too soon to judge Tomlin with this Steeler team. This team is still made up of mostly Cowher players. Until most of the team is made up of Tomlins players I don't think we should judge him too harshly.

Because it's Tomlin's first year doesn't earn him a Free Pass!

I think in the beginning/middle part of the season Tomlin's style was embraced and welcomed by the team......he's totally the opposite of Cowher.

Well now that the fun and games and the warm and fuzzies are dispensed and the Steelers have hit a huge pot-hole in their season I don't think Tomlin has clue one of what to do to get these players to respond.

If Tomlin can't do anything with a bunch of Grizzled vets inherited from Bill Cowher I can only imagine the group of "Cupcake" players that will called "Tomlin's Players".

Oh!!!.... the Ineptitude of it all.

Troyisabeast_43
12-16-2007, 05:44 PM
Well we need to worry about St Louis on a short week first instead of the Ravens game at this point. A win this week against St Louis and a Browns loss in Cincy next week will give us the division and at least a home playoff game and at the very worst a number 4 seed. A win or a Tenn loss to the Jets next week gives the Steelers a playoff birth. It looks like the Chargers are gonna jump the Steelers tonight for the 3 seed so a rematch with the Jags come playoff time is a very very good possibility at this point assuming we still win the division.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-16-2007, 06:01 PM
A win against St. Louis and Browns loss may give us the division but the way we're playing right now I don't put it past us to lose to anyone. We've proven that when push comes to shove we can't shove back. We could have locked up the division by now by all accounts but we keep blowing our chances.

SteelerFan87
12-16-2007, 06:25 PM
I thought the season was over too, until Anthony Smith's interception. The way that sparked the offense and how Ben put the team on his back to fight back and tie it, and the way Parker and Nate and Miller and Holmes and Ward were out there finally showing some desperation and some heart, was encouraging. We still have some things to work on, and our defense was atrocious, but that can be fixed, and I can't see how the #1 run D could suddenly transform into the Bungles, so I'm sure they will fix it. Some things can be fixed scheme-wise, other things will depend on guys stepping up and playing to their potential. Look at our kick/punt coverage teams! They were abysmal the entire season, but they were getting after guys and making good tackles today. If something THAT bad can be fixed, I'm sure our run D can be fixed, and our offense can be more consistent.

Troyisabeast_43
12-16-2007, 06:31 PM
Steelers now need the Chargers to lose one of the last 2 games in order to get that number 3 seed over them assuming we still do win the division and play the Browns instead of the Jags first game which I would much rather do. Of course the Steelers have to win in St Louis and Baltimore as well. A number 3 seed is a lot better then a 4 come playoff time because it means you probably play the Browns over the Jags here first game which is a better matchup,and if you win you play the Colts over the Pats 2nd game. And the Colts are still beatable I think they are losing to the Raiders now in Oakland 14-13 with 9 mins left. So the Steelers no longer control their own destiny for getting the number 3 seed they need the Chargers to either lose to Denver next week or the Raiders the week after.

TampaSteelGirl
12-16-2007, 06:34 PM
At this point this team doesn't deserve a playoff berth. We're lucky to be in first place at this point. Nate was talking after the game that the team has to put this loss behind them, well they damn well better learn from it because giving up 200+ yds at home in a must win situation is inexcusable.

I agree! I'm sick of hearing them week after week saying they need to put this loss behind them! They need to put each loss in front of their faces again and again to see how they've become the *** of the NFL! They are all mouth and no heart! Our D with missed tackles and our O line making Ben run for his life. Every other team gives their QB plenty of time to run! I'm sick of Hines smiling after every dropped pass! It's not funny!! We need Jesus seriously to make any chance of playoffs but what concerns me is the fact that we can't even play well against these teams in the regular season, what are we going to do if we make the playoffs and play teams at their very best??!! I try and stay positive but this team is making it impossible! The play calling is awful!! Arians needs a serious beating!! I"m just so frustrated!

Silverback 92
12-16-2007, 07:28 PM
Hines smiling after dropped pass ALWAYS has bothered me, BA has gotta go...Oline just stinks, Ben running for his life each game we are lucky that his shoulder is the only thing hurt right now

Steelerlyn
12-16-2007, 07:34 PM
There a 31 other teams to choose from for anyone who wants to jump on another team's bandwagon Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda.

Troyisabeast_43
12-16-2007, 07:39 PM
Yea the Hines drop was a key key play in that game he was wide open for about a 20 yard plus gain and he flat out dropped it and got up laughing was a huge huge swing in the game because if he catches that we get a first down and the Jags maybe dont get the ball back before the half and score. This team has a lot of issues right now in terms of leadership and just a lot of things they better get them fixed these last 2 games or they could see themselves at 9-7 and on the outside looking in on the playoffs.

Steelerlyn
12-16-2007, 07:50 PM
I guess I don't get what you are saying......if they do not deserve to be in the playoffs (in whomever's opinion) then why do you want them in the playoffs? Maybe they have adjustments needed? and the coach will decide that, not me.

Ibleedblk&gld
12-16-2007, 08:10 PM
i'll never lose faith in the steelers, however, they're really really starting to **** me off...our offensive line was ****ing sorry these past few weeks, including today...and bruce arians can suck a ****ing dick...hey, it's 3rd and 2...let's pass the ball...the comeback gave me hope...then the jags walked the **** down the field and that was it...such a disappointment...

Ambridge
12-16-2007, 08:16 PM
I agree! I'm sick of hearing them week after week saying they need to put this loss behind them! They need to put each loss in front of their faces again and again to see how they've become the *** of the NFL! They are all mouth and no heart!

:plus1:

TampaSteelGirl
12-16-2007, 08:23 PM
There a 31 other teams to choose from for anyone who wants to jump on another team's bandwagon Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda.

Yea Lyn but unfortunately most of those teams are playing better than ours! Can you honestly say you're not disappointed in our boys?? NO one is jumping the bandwagon and I hate when people say that but as hardcore Steeler fans WE deserve more from them! They are not playing to their potential, we have every right to be disappointed in a team who is very good at football BUT not playing it.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Bruce Arians wasn't the problem today, there's more pressing issues here people. The only really bad call which did end up costing us a chance for a tie was that 4th down pass to Heath that was short of the sticks. Other than that he's not responsible for the sacks, the **** poor blocking, the dropped balls, the lack of defense today. Yes that was a dumb call but we should have never put ourselves in that position today to have to rely on a 4th down play.

People are so used to bashing Bruce that it's easy to just continue to pin the blame on him even when it's not his fault.

StlersGuy
12-16-2007, 09:01 PM
http://www.draftboardinsider.com/ff/images/avatars/201171942047018920b23a0.jpg

SteelerJack
12-16-2007, 10:44 PM
I'm afraid you've hit the nail on the head regarding Tomlin. I hope our
observation is incorrect. We rack up some Parker yds running to the outside
for the most part since there are rarely holes anywhere between the
guards. Tight end use is ignored for the most part. We need two or three
offensive linemen the can "move the pile" and even, occasionally, save Ben's
big *** as, sooner or later, he's going to get hurt bigtime!

Woodson_DownUnder
12-16-2007, 11:00 PM
we have to remember big ben played injured throughout this game,and i'm sure polamalu wasn't 100% yet,i'm not worried. considering the ravens went down to miami,i'm not worried

Neither am I... concerns are just temporary. I agree matt89.

Replacing/ covering for the likes of IR Aaron Smith are going to make every inch of effort by the team to it right for themselves. Who would of known the 2005 season play-offs was going to be a comprehensive display??? We (Steelers) fought tooth & nail to just make the play-offs as a team... no different here. TEAM FIRST...one for one, one for all.. I have faith the players can STAND UP & be counted or in other words... NOT GIVE UP as much of you think the 'FRAUD & SOFT' descriptions indicate.

The urgency to WIN next Thursday will set the Steeler's players minds racing.. that's where you need to be.. it's what Marty Schottenhiemer said to his players... Focus & Finish (repeat 3 times) :lol:

K Train
12-17-2007, 12:01 AM
OK, i LOVE how you all find self peace in blaming arians for our short comings...its not arians, but if that lets you sleep at night....whatever.

This team has a BUNCH of underacheivers on it, but along with those underacheivers theres players who are budding stars and players having great seasons. It all comes down to execution which is where we lack. The oline is horrid, we all know that, but i dont think you realize how horrid it is. Im telling you if we get rid of faneca (underachiever) and mahan (UNDERACHIEVER!!!!) and shuffle the line with a stud first rounder we will be ok, but if it wasnt for ben we wouldnt be close to 9-5 right now, the dude is putting up amazing numbers for what hes working with....absolutely amazing, hes a ****ing magician and has been playing like we all know he can this year...i couldnt be happier to have him as our future he has elevated his game to a new level and is in the top 5 QBs now without question.

We are a good team...were not "there" yet though, and the oline is the reason why, all of our success is on broken plays that ben creates for himself...if he could drop back and make all the reads he needs to we would be unstoppable but the revolving door for an oline makes him spin and roll out on every play. ...the oline will get the attention it needs this offseason without question, they tried with mahan and it was an epic fail....we will try again this time in the draft.

aaron smith was obviously missed big time today....guys like him dont just come off the streets hes a special player and we need him especially against 80% run teams like the jags. Woodley really better push haggans out of that LOLB spot next season....and i think that will be amazing cause harrison and woodely are both kinda short, but big bull rushers.

Not many holes on this team, just a gaping one on the oline....makes me wanna punch a baby but this team isnt a fraud....its just not there yet. and thank god were not the bengals

Prosdo
12-17-2007, 12:09 AM
I agree with you K. I do think Arians does share a large part in the blame though. Like you said look at the O-line. Marvel Smith got knocked back quite a few times. Faneca is not the old Alan Faneca. Mahan is a complete bum.

K Train
12-17-2007, 12:11 AM
i cant blame arians, no OC would do anything with the way this oline plays....its so hard to execute without a somewhat solid oline

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2007, 12:15 AM
his team has a BUNCH of underacheivers on it, but along with those underacheivers theres players who are budding stars and players having great seasons. It all comes down to execution which is where we lack. The oline is horrid, we all know that, but i dont think you realize how horrid it is. Im telling you if we get rid of faneca (underachiever) and mahan (UNDERACHIEVER!!!!) and shuffle the line with a stud first rounder we will be ok, but if it wasnt for ben we wouldnt be close to 9-5 right now, the dude is putting up amazing numbers for what hes working with....absolutely amazing, hes a ****ing magician and has been playing like we all know he can this year...i couldnt be happier to have him as our future he has elevated his game to a new level and is in the top 5 QBs now without question.

We are a good team...were not "there" yet though, and the oline is the reason why, all of our success is on broken plays that ben creates for himself...if he could drop back and make all the reads he needs to we would be unstoppable but the revolving door for an oline makes him spin and roll out on every play. ...the oline will get the attention it needs this offseason without question, they tried with mahan and it was an epic fail....we will try again this time in the draft.

Here Here, Bravo :clap:

No need to go into the OL issues, we know they suck big time. Getting rid of Mahan will help for sure but that means you go out and get yourself a FA center and there aren't that many available so now it comes to drafting one and that means growing pains in 2008 if we do that. Starks may be gone next year but with Faneca leaving don't be surprised if they do try to bring him back. At this point it's time to drop Essex and Kemoeatu because neither one is anything worth having around. Spend all 3 first round picks on lineman at this point, or atlest the top 2 picks and then use the 3rd for a WR. If we do that and we hit home runs with them we'll be in much better shape. Yes that's asking a lot but at this point Faneca is gone, Marvel is getting old and not playing well and Mahan is worthless. I think the team could move Colon to guard but if not they won't give up on him as a RT just yet.

Are we a "good" team, sure we are we're 9-5 so that means something but "good" to me right now is slightly better than average simply because we underachieve. I don't know what has to happen with this team to get them to show up and win when they have have too but one would think at this point that the breakdowns on this team will cost some people their jobs next year.

I said it earlier that Arians was not the problem today, he's made his share of bone head calls in 2007 but today was the day to blame him for this loss.

K Train
12-17-2007, 12:23 AM
My ideal oline for 08

(Cherilus/Otah/Oher), Colon, Draft pick/FA, Simmons, Smith

Colon is a guard, doing a decent job at RT, but taking fanecas spot makes sense to me because i think he could be dominate there...but unless we get that dominate tackle, he will strugglle...that one tackle would make all the difference. Simmons is not just a tub of ****, he has worthless to his left and someone playing a posisition he has no business playing to right....that leads to everyone being ****, Marvel smith would be an absolutely dominate RT, making simmons alot better. There are centers in this draft that are very good, center is not a first round position so there will be high quality guys in the second

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2007, 12:27 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07351/842329-66.stm

Monday, December 17, 2007
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Marvel Smith sat by himself on the Steelers' heated bench, with none of his teammates around him. It was a strange place to find the team's best pass-protecting offensive lineman, especially with Ben Roethlisberger and the offense trying desperately to come back one final time against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

The bench likely served as a giant heating pad for Smith's ailing back -- the reason he was out of the game and replaced on the final series by Max Starks, coach Mike Tomlin said.

But he was sitting there, alone, for another reason. Smith, a left tackle, had allowed four of the five sacks against Roethlisberger -- a number every bit as surprising as the rushing totals posted by the Jaguars against what is supposed to be the American Football Conference's No. 1 rush defense.

"He's a fighter," guard Alan Faneca said. "He wanted to stay out there. He wanted to be there. But when they put Max in there, it was time."

It was difficult to determine which pained Smith more -- trying to bend over in the Steelers' locker room or the way he was treated by the Jaguars.

"I don't want to talk right now," Smith said.

Smith usually doesn't give up four sacks in a season, much less one game, but the Jaguars were running around him the way Fred Taylor was running through the defense.

And yet, despite the pressure, despite the poor field and gusty wind conditions, Roethlisberger nearly rallied the Steelers to an improbable victory, throwing three touchdowns to set a single-season franchise record and bringing them back from a 22-7 fourth-quarter deficit.

But, in the end, the Steelers found themselves feeling much like Smith -- pained over their third loss in five games and the surprising collapse of their defense the past two games.

"This isn't like it's Week 8; it's Week 14," running back Willie Parker said. "We have to buckle down and get this thing straightened out."

It's hard to find a silver lining with anyone on the OL. Marvel has been solid for us for a long time and you don't suddenly start sucking just because. He's been hurt most of the year and today he was just completely manhandled and it was time to yank him. I don't know if they'd move him back to RT or not but at this point no one is above contempt. Simmons can play Center as well so if we can't find one this offseason that's an option for us if he's up to the task. Okobi is looking better and better this year isn't he :nonod:

K Train
12-17-2007, 12:31 AM
starks or smith will be our RT next year imo....

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2007, 12:37 AM
I have no problem with either one at this point quite honestly. This is Colon's first full year as a starter so he's still learning how to play the position. If he's there then that's fine with me, if they move Smith over that can work as well and Colon can play Guard. Either way though if we draft OL like we all hope Tomlin will then we can expect growing pains especially early on in the season as these guys get their feet wet.

K Train
12-17-2007, 12:44 AM
thats not always true now days, we cant always expect our rookies to be bums their first year, rookies are more pro ready now more than ever....guys can get thrown in there and play well, ive seen teams do it, were just so used to having cowher hold them back.

plus we dont need to use rookies that often because we dont ever have these gaping holes lol

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2007, 12:48 AM
I'd love nothing more than to see some rookie stud OL come in a play for us and play well right away, and it's not like it couldn't happen but we all know rookie lineman have a learning curve most of the time so usually you just have to suck it up and deal with it but you're right we haven't had to deal with that because most of our lineman have been around for a quite awhile. Simmons stepped in right away when he was drafted, so did Faneca, they played well right off the bat but there were still rough spots.

All I know is at this point I'm all for just about anybody coming in and giving this unit a much needed infusion of new blood.

Blitzburghpete
12-17-2007, 04:27 AM
OK, i LOVE how you all find self peace in blaming arians for our short comings...its not arians, but if that lets you sleep at night....whatever.

This team has a BUNCH of underacheivers on it, but along with those underacheivers theres players who are budding stars and players having great seasons. It all comes down to execution which is where we lack. The oline is horrid, we all know that, but i dont think you realize how horrid it is. Im telling you if we get rid of faneca (underachiever) and mahan (UNDERACHIEVER!!!!) and shuffle the line with a stud first rounder we will be ok, but if it wasnt for ben we wouldnt be close to 9-5 right now, the dude is putting up amazing numbers for what hes working with....absolutely amazing, hes a ****ing magician and has been playing like we all know he can this year...i couldnt be happier to have him as our future he has elevated his game to a new level and is in the top 5 QBs now without question.

aaron smith was obviously missed big time today....guys like him dont just come off the streets hes a special player and we need him especially against 80% run teams like the jags. Woodley really better push haggans out of that LOLB spot next season....and i think that will be amazing cause harrison and woodely are both kinda short, but big bull rushers.

Not many holes on this team, just a gaping one on the oline....makes me wanna punch a baby but this team isnt a fraud....its just not there yet. and thank god were not the bengals

:plus1::plus1::plus1:

spot on!!!

Also i know hindsight is a wondeful thing, but who thinks Chukki should have been given the centre spot now he waited 5 years for? Who wanted Jasson Caprizzi to make the team and what he could have done at LT.
Haven't we also cut M phillips as well this year? Crumbs we've made every wrong deciession on the online this year!!

Apart from Faneca though. Do you think the Steelers actually have got him right. His play has dipped, which is why they won;t pay big bucks to keep him as his top flight playing days are over?

And as much as it pains me to say it....Hines is looking over the hill now too!
Next draft.... 7 oline men!!! Every other position we can get by and be ok, O line is a complete shambles though!!!
Saying that go and watch the steelers take another punter in the 1st round!

cover 3
12-17-2007, 06:23 AM
FIRST OFF... HAVE A GOOD CHRISTMAS AND A SAFE NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES.

TOMLIN AND LEBEAU LOOKED BACK OVER THE TAPE VS Pats**** AND FOUND...

It was almost all blitz; it was a blitz-a-thon the whole day. REALLY

Here is our breakdown of the Steelers pressure and what the Pats**** did against it:

3-man rush

2 of 2 for 18 yards

3-yard TD pass to Wes Welker came against three-man pressure

4-man rush

6 of 10 for 59 yards

4-yard TD pass to Randy Moss came against four-man pressure

5-man rush LEBEAU'S ZONE BLITZ

18 of 28 for 179 yards - both big plays come out of this package...

Add one play in which RB Kevin Faulk was called for holding

Tom Brady scrambled for 4 yards against a five-man rush

Randy Moss drew a defensive holding call against a five-man rush

The Pats**** ran four quick receiver screens that made it difficult to determine how many players were rushing because the ball was out so quickly ... The team had a quick play-action pass in which the ball was out quickly and had the Steelers playing run, making it difficult to determine how many players were rushing. ... The lateral touchdown play is not included because the ball was out so quickly and defensive pursuit went to Randy Moss instead of Tom Brady.

ANYONE FOR TAMPA 2 ?... EFEECTIVELY A 4 MAN RUSH BY DLINE AND A COVER 3 BEHIND IT.

FARRIOR TO ALMOST GO AS FAR BACK AS SAFTEIES ON PASS PLAY. COVERING MIDDLE FIELD.

I THINK TOMLIN MUST PLAY HIS TAMPA 2 AGAINST THE Pats**** NEXT TIME AROUND...

WOODLEY LDE / HARRISON / KEISEL RDE. TIMMONS ROLB / FOOTE / HAGGANS LOLB. FARRIOR / TIMMONS MLB.

PROBABLY NEED A RDE IN DRAFT TO MAKE IT WORK.

LEBEAU'S 5 MAN BLITZ (ZONE IS USELESS) AGAINST A QUICK THROWER.

AS YOU SEE A 4 MAN RUSH WAS MAINTAINABLE BY OUR D'S LOFTY STANDARDS.

YOU DON'T BEAT THE CHEATS BY RUSHING MORE THAN 4 - YOU REALLY DON'T. ARE YOU LISTENING LE STINK?

TOMLIN COULD CONVERT OUR BASE 3-4 TO TAMPA 2 without subbing

A base 3-4 D has the 2 middle backers on the SAME level as each other...

All you would have to do is place the middle backer (2) just say FOOTE / TIMMONS 3-5 YARDS CLOSER to the safeties. FARRIOR ON OUR RIGHT SIDE STAYS THE SAME.

When he reads / knows it is pass he drops back the the safeties level... (TAMPA 2)

If he reads run / and it is a run (Anthony Smith ) he tackles the ball carrier.

WHY HASN'T TOMLIN AND LEBEAU DONE SOMETHING LIKE THIS?

IT IS IN ESSENCE THE TAMPA 2 DEFENSE - However it would be better against the run.

If the D line plays 2 gap (WHICH WE DO MOST TIMES) and Harrison IS THE BACKER COMING AFTER THE QB Foote / Timmons plays deeper than the normal MLB 2 does in a base 3-4.

It will stop the INTERMEDIATE ball - safeties do not charge until the ball is over the line of scrimmage AND in a back's hand...

ANTHONY SMITH - FALLS FOR PLAYACTION WHEN Pats**** RUN IT 8 TIMES... STAY DEEP. SAFETIES WILL STAY DEEP ALL GAME.

AN EASY WAY TO STOP PASSING SIDES... AND YOU HAVE BACKERS AND D / LINE ON THE FIELD SO NO-ONE WILL RUN ON US.

AS THE DLINE'S JOB IS TO TIE UP BLOCKERS ANYWAY THE BACKER WHO BLITZES SHOULD COME BASICALLY FREE.

EASY WAY TO FIX THE PROBLEMS WE HAD SUNDAY.

TIMMONS WOULD EXCEL AT THIS SPOT. QUICK / CAN CATCH AND CAN HIT AND STOMP ON BACKS RUNNING THE BALL.

So...

As per normal up front

but MLB'S LINE UP LIKE THIS

Timmons / FOOTE = third level

Farrior. = 2nd level

DLINE. (FIRST LEVEL)

MLB 2 (TIMMONS / FOOTE) 3-5 yards further back of their normal spot at MLB2 (CLOSER TO SAFETIES) FROM FARRIOR.

WITH HAMPTON INSIDE THE RUN UP THE MIDDLE IS AVOIDED ANYWAY.

Simple yet effective.

And oh so easy.

TAMPA 2 MADE EASY. WITHOUT SUBSTITUTING PLAYERS AND THE LIKE... GREAT AGAINST THE NO HUDDLE.
KEY IS TO ONLY RUSH 4 PEOPLE. GENERALLY D / LINE AND ONE BACKER.

ANY ZONE BLITZES (KEIESEL / SMITH) DROPPING IN TO COVERAGE HAS TO HAVE A SIMILAR RESULT. WHERE SOMEONE COVERS THE MIDDLE PART OF THE FIELD A LITTLE MORE THAN USUAL... 6 - 12 YARDS SHOULD DO IT.

Instead of a 25 yard completion it may go for 6-8. BIG DIFFERENCE.

SO IF YOU ARE PLAYING A RUN - ORIENTATED TEAM - BALTILESS - NORMAL 3-4 BASE. MIDDLE BACKERS ON SAME LEVEL.
IF YOU ARE PLAYING COLTS AND Pats**** - PASSING TEAMS - DROP THE MLB2 - Foote and Timmons further back - 5-6 yards. It is effectively the Tampa 2 (ending up the same level as safeties) = cover 3.

However with better run stoppers on the field than a normal Tampa 2, SIDES WILL NOT POWER RUN US like you can do to the colts.

The D / line. Keisel / Smith / McBean could rush just a little more. With the knowledge a run will be supported by Timmons - further back. And a pass will have a cover 2, plus Timmons playing that Tampa 2 'Mike' linebacker role. EFFECTIVELY COVER 3 And or covering the Slot reciever / or third wide out - at a deeper level. E.G WELKER.

IT WORKS. AND IT CONFUSES QB'S NO END.

Am I correct in saying... That Samuel is not a cover corner

That Asante Samuel is not a cover corner.

Asante Samuel is completely a system cornerback. His role is to play deep zone on the right hand side of the field.

The *** Pats**** - effectively have a cover 3 on everyplay.

Samuel - deep zone, the SS and FS all play a 3 deep zone.

If Harrison comes up to stop the run or play on the Tight end then...

Samuel and Hobbs will play deep zone with the free safety (Wilson , Gay). Effectively a cover 3 deep.

If you notice Samuel really does not care if you catch a 6-8 yard pass on him - the system (BELICHEAT) only asks him to play deep zone. YOU OFTEN SEE HIM CHEATING - JUMPING A ROUTE AS HE IS DEEPER THAN THE WIDE OUT HE IS GUARDING and can make a play on the ball.
Surely comebacks, outs and in routes should be played against him.

Am I correct or wrong on this fact.

Why can't Ike Taylor play the same way... he is just as quick, and a 8 yard completion is better than a 40 yarder.

Simple yet effective.

Why don't sides play 3 WR'S ON THE RIGHT AND MAKE SAMUEL HARRISON AND THE LOLB ACCOUNTABLE.

Obviously the way the Pats**** defend, they cover deep and the sidelines.

THE MIDDLE IS ENTIRELY OPEN.

MILLER AND SPAETH SHOULD HAVE SHREDDED THEM - IF THEY WERE THROWN THE BALL LAST SUNDAY.

Bookmark this post. Lawrence Timmons will be the best backer

If lined up like this he will be the greatest sack leader of all time.

FS deep. Clark / Smith gets wr3.

Pol = wr 4 (lined up with backers 2nd level. With 1st middle linbacker.

Foote = 5th wr = back. 3rd level just behind 2nd level a little more to his right.

Bmac= 2 Wr.

Ike = wr 1.

Timmons, Woodley, Smith, Haggans, Hampton, Farrior / Foote blitz everydown. Timmons plays just a little wider at ROLB. If a TE is not moved there it is SMITH and Timmons VS LT.

The Corners play 7-8 yards of wide recievers.

You get 7-8 sacks everygame. The quarterback is taken out everygame.

It is the Steelers equivalent of the chuck and duck. But as we have Hampton and Farrior inside no-one runs inisde. As the CB's are 7-8 yards off WR's they stop the outside runs. As Timmons is wider at ROLB no side runs to the left of the line. Accordingly Foote Farrior Woodley and Haggans can line up a little wider in their positions to stop the run to the right.

A great Defense. If the quarterback does get a long one off it gives you time to Carson him = out of the game for good.

This week against Carson don't let him throw the deep ball. That is the ball he is most productive at.

Can I be Defensive coordinator. You know you love it.

This is how to get Woodley and Timmons more gametime

On first Down:

RDE - Woodley

NT - Hampton (2 gap scheme) As per normal.

LDE - Haggans

ROLB - Harrison

LOLB - Foote

MLB 1 - Farrior

MLB 2 - Timmons (IN SPACE) until gets more strength.

CB 1 - Taylor

CB 2 - BMac

FS - Clark / Smith

SS - Pol

On second down: replace linebacker with defensive back. Replace Hampton with Smith. (Now nickel)

RDE - Woodley

NT - Smith (More Bull rushing / Stunting / Blitzing than Hampton.

LDE - Haggans

LOLB - Harrison

MLB 1 - Farrior

MLB 2 - Timmons

CB 1 - Taylor

CB 2 - BMac

CB 3 - Townsend

FS - Clark / Smith

SS - Pol

On third down: replace another linebacker with defensive back. Replace Smith with Kiesel. (Now Dime) Farrior gets benched for Timmons.

RDE - Woodley

NT - Keisel (More Bull rushing / Stunting / Blitzing than Hampton.

LDE - Haggans

LOLB - Harrison (Floater) Goes wherever their D line is weak. Blitz or cover area of field.

MLB 1 - Timmons

CB 1 - Taylor

CB 2 - BMac

CB 3 - Townsend

CB 4 - Smith / Clark

FS - Clark / Smith

SS - Pol

This will allow more playmakers on the field. The plan is to play FS and SS deep in a cover 2 scheme. They will clean up the run game.

All corners when they are on the field will cover the WR (everywhere they go - NO ZONE). They get support over the top from the safeties.

With only 1 Dlineman (really) on the line at times it will give Lebeau more ability to Zone blitz the backers and now (Linebackers) at the end spot.
Imagine Haggans and Woodley 'having a zone' the 'other designated blitzers' would have a field day. I love DE's who can cover as well.

You will cover everything and only send 2 or maybe 3 , 4 guys at once. NO MORE.

As we have more speed on the field we will clean up the short passing game. With Hampton / (Smith and Kiesel) on the nose (Keisel on 3rd downs or long yardage situations) we will stop the inside runs. Runs to the outside will be impossible.

Keisel and Smith and even Hampton can drop back into coverage at stages. And Smith and Keisel could QB spy and even run with running backs knowing we have 2 safeties deep.

The Zone blitz here would be amazing. Every guy could drop or rush making the other team having to max protect. Then you can send 2 maybe 3 guys and the rest are covered. And still pressure.

P.S this will work in most situations but would be near on impossible for a team to come back from 1 or more scores down.

The reality with the COLTS and Pats**** not having a 'stud' running back we could limit the passing yards and probably give the back 3 - 3.5 yards a carry.

This scheme makes the running back beat you. They don't against us.

This is great for the cap. Linebackers are less than DE / DT.

I don't know why teams pay over the odds for a DT / DE when they are one dimensional. They don't cover and are shocking against the run.

This would keep the Pats**** / COLTS to 21 to 24 points. Approx 200 yards passing. 85 - 110 on the ground. BECAUSE OF LE STINK

Can we score that against them? YES.

Against the Pats**** / COLTS we must run the football. A.v 3.8 / 4.0 yards a carry. Don't let Belicheat start nickles and Dimes. Pats**** LIKE TO SCORE FIRST. IF WE DO WE CAN WIN THIS FOOTBALL MATCH.

Is Mike Tomlin an X's and O's coach, or more like Cowher - motivator and no-more.

Please tell me it is the former.

WE DO THESE THINGS WE BEAT THE CHEATRIOTS.

That's why Cowher failed for me as he had the sole rights of DE's - OLB's for more than 10 years. No other side played the 3-4 for long periods. He should have 3 SB rings. Cowher never realised the Nickel and Dime Defense - be it the 3-3-5 the 2-4-5 1-4-6 can slow down teams.

That's how Belichick defeated the Giants and Rams. If I was coach against the Pats****** (Not regular game - don't give it away) but in the playoffs I would use the 2-4-5 and the 1-4-6 often. At times rush just 3 out of the 2-4-5. Using the LDE on the Tightend. Playing a cover 3. FARRIOR COVERING MIDDLE / WELKER's dumpoffs and bubble screens. MAKE THE BACK BEAT YOU WHICH RARELY EVER DOES TO PITTSBURGH.
WELKER MAKES THE Pats****** GO. YOU MUST HIT HIM,HIT HIM,HIT HIM, SIMILAR TO BELICHICK DID TO MARSHALL FAULK. (Martz and Levy should have run more) but the Pats****** can't against us even if we are in our nickels as we play the run well. I THOUGHT BELICHICK WOULD HAVE CALLED DILLON AS THEY NEED A BACK WHO THREATENS A D. MARONEY DOES NOT AT THIS STAGE. So you can sell out on the pass.
We can Belichick Belichick against the Pats******. Keep possession (use Najeh) more as a power runner against the 3-4 D.

We would need the ball 34 - 36 mins to win it. We can and will I believe come playoffs.

Why? Don't let em get behind you, and smash the WR's all day. Moss is soft, Welker avoids body contact, Stallworth = yuk.

You need to establish the run game, thats how you beat Belichick's teams. Might refer to Mike Shanahan's PLANS against him. = Good success. MUST USE NAJEH MORE. I think Mahan with Kreider's chop blocks can go ok against Wilfork - opening up the middle.

You pick on Hobbs and Bruschi and Seau in the passing game. Miller and Speath will have big games. Need to run it 40 times to win. Pick your spots. When going deep don't go to Eugene Wilson's side. 40 times = 130 - 150 yards will be enough.

Adalius Thomas is a liability in the run game and does not play like a 270 linebacker.

Believe me its do-able and we will win it. IN the cold FOXBORO. MOSS = LIABILITY.

Belichick and Brady are ego's. Loves throwing the ball - both of them. Maroney can't be trusted to carry the load. FUMBLES:

you don't think they would just run Maroney against that D? Did Faulk? Thurman Thomas? Not enough.

Brady's ego will not allow a back to run it 35 times - Corey Dillon is not there anymore. THIS IS BIG TOM BRADY'S TEAM. BEAT EGOMANIAC QB'S BY MAKING THE BACK BEAT YOU. He can't help himself, with 8 in coverage and using different zone blizes - rushing 3-4 he will get flustered. (SAN DIEGO GAME LAST YEAR)

NEW ENGLAND'S CANT AND WON'T BEAT US if they need a back to do it for them.

Will: Moss, Stallworth and Welker like not being thrown the ball. NO.

NOW... i have stated this a while back. WE WILL WIN THIS GAME.

PARKER MUST catch balls out of the back field. Atleast 7-8 catches. Belichick does not respect HB's who can run and catch. Fact.

The Slot NB should be Townsend / Timmons. Covering Welker all game.

The Pats****** RG and RT are poor. Sub in Haggans / Woodley / Timmons even Keisel at LOLB all game.

The two most underrated / important players to the Pats****** O are Welker and Watson.

All Pats****** WR's are scared. HIT HIT HIT ALL GAME. ENSURE THEY DON'T GET BEHIND YOU.

ON O SPREAD THE Pats****** OUT. 3 WR'S 1 TE 1 HB. Make sure you keep Seau and Brushi on coverage. Throw to Parker alot. Make em miss. Throw short / run long.

we win this 24 - 16.

CORRECTION: WITH KREIDER OUT IT MAY BE DAVIS, OR SPREAD EM OUT WITH NO FULLBACK AT ALL.

Willie's catching and YAC and not running is key in this game.

To beat a 3-4 D you need a POWER BACK to break through the 3 D man line and 2 OLB's who obviously are not as strong as Olineman, or should not be. Willie is not a POWERBACK unfortunately. = Davenport.

In this game make Moroney beat you. He won't. Sell out on the pass.

Anyone notice Belicheat's face when the rats only rushed 3 guys. To me it signified you never rush just 3 against the Pats******. BELICHICK'S FACE AND BODY LANGUAGE GAVE THAT AWAY.

I thought when a side is close to your goal line you blitz more as there is less area to cover. It appears Ryan stuffed up. Did opposite to this.

Blitz when side is near goalline / or within 30 yards. Play Coverage at your end of the field?

Rashean Mathis is the best corner in the game. But if we....

Rashean Mathis is the best corner in the game. But if we could get Asomosaga (s.p) from raiders (free agent) next season I wouldn't be complaining. Imagine a true Shutdown corner with Our D. Unstoppable I'll tell ya.

:cope:

:tt02:

:banana:

:nahnah:

:bigthumb:

:cabbagepatch:

:bluelol:

cover 3
12-17-2007, 06:25 AM
FIRST OFF... HAVE A GOOD CHRISTMAS AND A SAFE NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES.

TOMLIN AND LEBEAU LOOKED BACK OVER THE TAPE VS Pats**** AND FOUND...

It was almost all blitz; it was a blitz-a-thon the whole day. REALLY

Here is our breakdown of the Steelers pressure and what the Pats**** did against it:

3-man rush

2 of 2 for 18 yards

3-yard TD pass to Wes Welker came against three-man pressure

4-man rush

6 of 10 for 59 yards

4-yard TD pass to Randy Moss came against four-man pressure

5-man rush LEBEAU'S ZONE BLITZ

18 of 28 for 179 yards - both big plays come out of this package...

Add one play in which RB Kevin Faulk was called for holding

Tom Brady scrambled for 4 yards against a five-man rush

Randy Moss drew a defensive holding call against a five-man rush

The Pats**** ran four quick receiver screens that made it difficult to determine how many players were rushing because the ball was out so quickly ... The team had a quick play-action pass in which the ball was out quickly and had the Steelers playing run, making it difficult to determine how many players were rushing. ... The lateral touchdown play is not included because the ball was out so quickly and defensive pursuit went to Randy Moss instead of Tom Brady.

ANYONE FOR TAMPA 2 ?... EFEECTIVELY A 4 MAN RUSH BY DLINE AND A COVER 3 BEHIND IT.

FARRIOR TO ALMOST GO AS FAR BACK AS SAFTEIES ON PASS PLAY. COVERING MIDDLE FIELD.

I THINK TOMLIN MUST PLAY HIS TAMPA 2 AGAINST THE Pats**** NEXT TIME AROUND...

WOODLEY LDE / HARRISON / KEISEL RDE. TIMMONS ROLB / FOOTE / HAGGANS LOLB. FARRIOR / TIMMONS MLB.

PROBABLY NEED A RDE IN DRAFT TO MAKE IT WORK.

LEBEAU'S 5 MAN BLITZ (ZONE IS USELESS) AGAINST A QUICK THROWER.

AS YOU SEE A 4 MAN RUSH WAS MAINTAINABLE BY OUR D'S LOFTY STANDARDS.

YOU DON'T BEAT THE CHEATS BY RUSHING MORE THAN 4 - YOU REALLY DON'T. ARE YOU LISTENING LE STINK?

TOMLIN COULD CONVERT OUR BASE 3-4 TO TAMPA 2 without subbing

All you would have to do is place the middle backer (2) just say FOOTE / TIMMONS 3-5 YARDS CLOSER to the safeties. FARRIOR ON OUR RIGHT SIDE STAYS THE SAME.

When he reads / knows it is pass he drops back the the safeties level... (TAMPA 2)

IT IS IN ESSENCE THE TAMPA 2 DEFENSE - However it would be better against the run.

If the D line plays 2 gap (WHICH WE DO MOST TIMES) and Harrison IS THE BACKER COMING AFTER THE QB Foote / Timmons plays deeper than the normal MLB 2 does in a base 3-4.

It will stop the INTERMEDIATE ball - safeties do not charge until the ball is over the line of scrimmage AND in a back's hand...

ANTHONY SMITH - FALLS FOR PLAYACTION WHEN Pats**** RUN IT 8 TIMES... STAY DEEP. SAFETIES WILL STAY DEEP ALL GAME.

AN EASY WAY TO STOP PASSING SIDES... AND YOU HAVE BACKERS AND D / LINE ON THE FIELD SO NO-ONE WILL RUN ON US.

AS THE DLINE'S JOB IS TO TIE UP BLOCKERS ANYWAY THE BACKER WHO BLITZES SHOULD COME BASICALLY FREE.

TIMMONS WOULD EXCEL AT THIS SPOT. QUICK / CAN CATCH AND CAN HIT AND STOMP ON BACKS RUNNING THE BALL.

So...

As per normal up front

Farrior. = 2nd level

DLINE. (FIRST LEVEL)

MLB 2 (TIMMONS / FOOTE) 3-5 yards further back of their normal spot at MLB2 (CLOSER TO SAFETIES) FROM FARRIOR.

Simple yet effective.

And oh so easy.

TAMPA 2 MADE EASY. WITHOUT SUBSTITUTING PLAYERS AND THE LIKE... GREAT AGAINST THE NO HUDDLE.

ANY ZONE BLITZES (KEIESEL / SMITH) DROPPING IN TO COVERAGE HAS TO HAVE A SIMILAR RESULT. WHERE SOMEONE COVERS THE MIDDLE PART OF THE FIELD A LITTLE MORE THAN USUAL... 6 - 12 YARDS SHOULD DO IT.

SO IF YOU ARE PLAYING A RUN - ORIENTATED TEAM - BALTILESS - NORMAL 3-4 BASE. MIDDLE BACKERS ON SAME LEVEL.
IF YOU ARE PLAYING COLTS AND Pats**** - PASSING TEAMS - DROP THE MLB2 - Foote and Timmons further back - 5-6 yards. It is effectively the Tampa 2 (ending up the same level as safeties) = cover 3.

However with better run stoppers on the field than a normal Tampa 2, SIDES WILL NOT POWER RUN US like you can do to the colts.

The D / line. Keisel / Smith / McBean could rush just a little more. With the knowledge a run will be supported by Timmons - further back. And a pass will have a cover 2, plus Timmons playing that Tampa 2 'Mike' linebacker role. EFFECTIVELY COVER 3 And or covering the Slot reciever / or third wide out - at a deeper level. E.G WELKER.

Am I correct in saying... That Samuel is not a cover corner

That Asante Samuel is not a cover corner.

Asante Samuel is completely a system cornerback. His role is to play deep zone on the right hand side of the field.

The *** Pats**** - effectively have a cover 3 on everyplay.

Samuel - deep zone, the SS and FS all play a 3 deep zone.

If Harrison comes up to stop the run or play on the Tight end then...

Samuel and Hobbs will play deep zone with the free safety (Wilson , Gay). Effectively a cover 3 deep.

If you notice Samuel really does not care if you catch a 6-8 yard pass on him - the system (BELICHEAT) only asks him to play deep zone. YOU OFTEN SEE HIM CHEATING - JUMPING A ROUTE AS HE IS DEEPER THAN THE WIDE OUT HE IS GUARDING and can make a play on the ball.
Surely comebacks, outs and in routes should be played against him.

Am I correct or wrong on this fact.

Why can't Ike Taylor play the same way... he is just as quick, and a 8 yard completion is better than a 40 yarder.

Simple yet effective.

Why don't sides play 3 WR'S ON THE RIGHT AND MAKE SAMUEL HARRISON AND THE LOLB ACCOUNTABLE.

Obviously the way the Pats**** defend, they cover deep and the sidelines.

THE MIDDLE IS ENTIRELY OPEN.

MILLER AND SPAETH SHOULD HAVE SHREDDED THEM - IF THEY WERE THROWN THE BALL LAST SUNDAY.

Bookmark this post. Lawrence Timmons will be the best backer

If lined up like this he will be the greatest sack leader of all time.

FS deep. Clark / Smith gets wr3.

Pol = wr 4 (lined up with backers 2nd level. With 1st middle linbacker.

Foote = 5th wr = back. 3rd level just behind 2nd level a little more to his right.

Bmac= 2 Wr.

Ike = wr 1.

Timmons, Woodley, Smith, Haggans, Hampton, Farrior / Foote blitz everydown. Timmons plays just a little wider at ROLB. If a TE is not moved there it is SMITH and Timmons VS LT.

The Corners play 7-8 yards of wide recievers.

You get 7-8 sacks everygame. The quarterback is taken out everygame.

It is the Steelers equivalent of the chuck and duck. But as we have Hampton and Farrior inside no-one runs inisde. As the CB's are 7-8 yards off WR's they stop the outside runs. As Timmons is wider at ROLB no side runs to the left of the line. Accordingly Foote Farrior Woodley and Haggans can line up a little wider in their positions to stop the run to the right.

A great Defense. If the quarterback does get a long one off it gives you time to Carson him = out of the game for good.

This week against Carson don't let him throw the deep ball. That is the ball he is most productive at.

Can I be Defensive coordinator. You know you love it.

This is how to get Woodley and Timmons more gametime

On first Down:

RDE - Woodley

NT - Hampton (2 gap scheme) As per normal.

LDE - Haggans

ROLB - Harrison

LOLB - Foote

MLB 1 - Farrior

MLB 2 - Timmons (IN SPACE) until gets more strength.

CB 1 - Taylor

CB 2 - BMac

FS - Clark / Smith

SS - Pol

On second down: replace linebacker with defensive back. Replace Hampton with Smith. (Now nickel)

RDE - Woodley

NT - Smith (More Bull rushing / Stunting / Blitzing than Hampton.

LDE - Haggans

LOLB - Harrison

MLB 1 - Farrior

MLB 2 - Timmons

CB 1 - Taylor

CB 2 - BMac

CB 3 - Townsend

FS - Clark / Smith

SS - Pol

On third down: replace another linebacker with defensive back. Replace Smith with Kiesel. (Now Dime) Farrior gets benched for Timmons.

RDE - Woodley

NT - Keisel (More Bull rushing / Stunting / Blitzing than Hampton.

LDE - Haggans

LOLB - Harrison (Floater) Goes wherever their D line is weak. Blitz or cover area of field.

MLB 1 - Timmons

CB 1 - Taylor

CB 2 - BMac

CB 3 - Townsend

CB 4 - Smith / Clark

FS - Clark / Smith

SS - Pol

This will allow more playmakers on the field. The plan is to play FS and SS deep in a cover 2 scheme. They will clean up the run game.

All corners when they are on the field will cover the WR (everywhere they go - NO ZONE). They get support over the top from the safeties.

With only 1 Dlineman (really) on the line at times it will give Lebeau more ability to Zone blitz the backers and now (Linebackers) at the end spot.
Imagine Haggans and Woodley 'having a zone' the 'other designated blitzers' would have a field day. I love DE's who can cover as well.

You will cover everything and only send 2 or maybe 3 , 4 guys at once. NO MORE.

As we have more speed on the field we will clean up the short passing game. With Hampton / (Smith and Kiesel) on the nose (Keisel on 3rd downs or long yardage situations) we will stop the inside runs. Runs to the outside will be impossible.

Keisel and Smith and even Hampton can drop back into coverage at stages. And Smith and Keisel could QB spy and even run with running backs knowing we have 2 safeties deep.

The Zone blitz here would be amazing. Every guy could drop or rush making the other team having to max protect. Then you can send 2 maybe 3 guys and the rest are covered. And still pressure.

P.S this will work in most situations but would be near on impossible for a team to come back from 1 or more scores down.

The reality with the COLTS and Pats**** not having a 'stud' running back we could limit the passing yards and probably give the back 3 - 3.5 yards a carry.

This scheme makes the running back beat you. They don't against us.

This is great for the cap. Linebackers are less than DE / DT.

I don't know why teams pay over the odds for a DT / DE when they are one dimensional. They don't cover and are shocking against the run.

This would keep the Pats**** / COLTS to 21 to 24 points. Approx 200 yards passing. 85 - 110 on the ground. BECAUSE OF LE STINK

Can we score that against them? YES.

Against the Pats**** / COLTS we must run the football. A.v 3.8 / 4.0 yards a carry. Don't let Belicheat start nickles and Dimes. Pats**** LIKE TO SCORE FIRST. IF WE DO WE CAN WIN THIS FOOTBALL MATCH.

Is Mike Tomlin an X's and O's coach, or more like Cowher - motivator and no-more.

Please tell me it is the former.

WE DO THESE THINGS WE BEAT THE CHEATRIOTS.

That's why Cowher failed for me as he had the sole rights of DE's - OLB's for more than 10 years. No other side played the 3-4 for long periods. He should have 3 SB rings. Cowher never realised the Nickel and Dime Defense - be it the 3-3-5 the 2-4-5 1-4-6 can slow down teams.

That's how Belichick defeated the Giants and Rams. If I was coach against the Pats****** (Not regular game - don't give it away) but in the playoffs I would use the 2-4-5 and the 1-4-6 often. At times rush just 3 out of the 2-4-5. Using the LDE on the Tightend. Playing a cover 3. FARRIOR COVERING MIDDLE / WELKER's dumpoffs and bubble screens. MAKE THE BACK BEAT YOU WHICH RARELY EVER DOES TO PITTSBURGH.
WELKER MAKES THE Pats****** GO. YOU MUST HIT HIM,HIT HIM,HIT HIM, SIMILAR TO BELICHICK DID TO MARSHALL FAULK. (Martz and Levy should have run more) but the Pats****** can't against us even if we are in our nickels as we play the run well. I THOUGHT BELICHICK WOULD HAVE CALLED DILLON AS THEY NEED A BACK WHO THREATENS A D. MARONEY DOES NOT AT THIS STAGE. So you can sell out on the pass.
We can Belichick Belichick against the Pats******. Keep possession (use Najeh) more as a power runner against the 3-4 D.

We would need the ball 34 - 36 mins to win it. We can and will I believe come playoffs.

Why? Don't let em get behind you, and smash the WR's all day. Moss is soft, Welker avoids body contact, Stallworth = yuk.

You need to establish the run game, thats how you beat Belichick's teams. Might refer to Mike Shanahan's PLANS against him. = Good success. MUST USE NAJEH MORE. I think Mahan with Kreider's chop blocks can go ok against Wilfork - opening up the middle.

You pick on Hobbs and Bruschi and Seau in the passing game. Miller and Speath will have big games. Need to run it 40 times to win. Pick your spots. When going deep don't go to Eugene Wilson's side. 40 times = 130 - 150 yards will be enough.

Adalius Thomas is a liability in the run game and does not play like a 270 linebacker.

Believe me its do-able and we will win it. IN the cold FOXBORO. MOSS = LIABILITY.

Belichick and Brady are ego's. Loves throwing the ball - both of them. Maroney can't be trusted to carry the load. FUMBLES:

you don't think they would just run Maroney against that D? Did Faulk? Thurman Thomas? Not enough.

Brady's ego will not allow a back to run it 35 times - Corey Dillon is not there anymore. THIS IS BIG TOM BRADY'S TEAM. BEAT EGOMANIAC QB'S BY MAKING THE BACK BEAT YOU. He can't help himself, with 8 in coverage and using different zone blizes - rushing 3-4 he will get flustered. (SAN DIEGO GAME LAST YEAR)

NEW ENGLAND'S CANT AND WON'T BEAT US if they need a back to do it for them.

Will: Moss, Stallworth and Welker like not being thrown the ball. NO.

NOW... i have stated this a while back. WE WILL WIN THIS GAME.

PARKER MUST catch balls out of the back field. Atleast 7-8 catches. Belichick does not respect HB's who can run and catch. Fact.

The Slot NB should be Townsend / Timmons. Covering Welker all game.

The Pats****** RG and RT are poor. Sub in Haggans / Woodley / Timmons even Keisel at LOLB all game.

The two most underrated / important players to the Pats****** O are Welker and Watson.

All Pats****** WR's are scared. HIT HIT HIT ALL GAME. ENSURE THEY DON'T GET BEHIND YOU.

ON O SPREAD THE Pats****** OUT. 3 WR'S 1 TE 1 HB. Make sure you keep Seau and Brushi on coverage. Throw to Parker alot. Make em miss. Throw short / run long.

we win this 24 - 16.

CORRECTION: WITH KREIDER OUT IT MAY BE DAVIS, OR SPREAD EM OUT WITH NO FULLBACK AT ALL.

Willie's catching and YAC and not running is key in this game.

To beat a 3-4 D you need a POWER BACK to break through the 3 D man line and 2 OLB's who obviously are not as strong as Olineman, or should not be. Willie is not a POWERBACK unfortunately. = Davenport.

In this game make Moroney beat you. He won't. Sell out on the pass.

Anyone notice Belicheat's face when the rats only rushed 3 guys. To me it signified you never rush just 3 against the Pats******. BELICHICK'S FACE AND BODY LANGUAGE GAVE THAT AWAY.

I thought when a side is close to your goal line you blitz more as there is less area to cover. It appears Ryan stuffed up. Did opposite to this.

Blitz when side is near goalline / or within 30 yards. Play Coverage at your end of the field?

Rashean Mathis is the best corner in the game. But if we....

Rashean Mathis is the best corner in the game. But if we could get Asomosaga (s.p) from raiders (free agent) next season I wouldn't be complaining. Imagine a true Shutdown corner with Our D. Unstoppable I'll tell ya.

:cabbagepatch:

cover 3
12-17-2007, 06:34 AM
Blueprint To Beat LeBeau Written In 2002 / base 3-4 to Tampa 2 in a flash. By Dagger | December 11, 2007

http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=1905

Brett Keisel was quoted after the Steeler game saying that the defense was “surprised that the Pats**** threw the ball as much as they did” and that they expected them to mix run and pass. Huh??? Are you kidding me? Keisel also went on to say that “the gameplan we had coming into the game needs to be thrown into the trash” and that the Steelers weren’t prepared for what the Pats**** did on offense.

Brett Keisel was quoted after the Steeler game saying that the defense was “surprised that the Pats**** threw the ball as much as they did” and that they expected them to mix run and pass. Huh??? Are you kidding me? Keisel also went on to say that “the gameplan we had coming into the game needs to be thrown into the trash” and that the Steelers weren’t prepared for what the Pats**** did on offense. uuuummm yeah. Understatement of the year. But how can this be? Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. Your good buddy, Dagger is here to take you back in time with a quick history lesson. Let’s hope this look into the past doesn’t dig up any old ghosts or fall into the hands of any more Offensive Coordinators.

Alrighty….let’s start off with the basics. The Steelers have lost 6 of the last 7 to New England. Wondering why? Well, the Pats**** do what many teams in the NFL are unwilling to do….when they face the Steelers they toss aside conventional wisdom, they often abandon the run, and the attack the Steelers greatest weakness (their pass D). Sure our DLs and LBs are fantastic in the run game. Yes our LBs can blitz and pressure the QB in this complicated defensive scheme, but NO….this defense was not built to stop the spread offense. The spread offense is the Dick LeBeau 3-4 defense’s Kryptonite.

When the Pats**** come out in a 5WR formation at their own one yard line, I think that tells you that they have spotted a weakness in the Steelers defense and they’re hell bent on exploiting it. Screw the running game. Who cares how many times you run the ball? Who says you have to be balanced on offense? If your strength just so happens to be your opponent’s weakness, then you’d be silly not to attack it.

I hate the Pats**** but I LOVE the way they spit in the face of the old-timer “run-run-pass” offensive logic. One week their opponents dictate that they must rely on a passing attack, the next week they give the ball to Maroney all game, the next week Maroney gets 2 carries, etc….I just admire their aggressive nature. (But I hate them) I hope you understand. I guess I respect the fact that they PLAY TO WIN THE GAME by any and all means necessary. There are so many coaches and teams in the NFL that are so ultra-conservative that they almost handicap their own offense. The Steelers sit nearly $10 Million dollars below the NFL salary cap. This past offseason, the Pats**** acquired Moss, Welker, Gaffney, Adalius Thomas, Stallworth, and others. Again, being aggressive and “going for it.” You have to respect that. They build from within just like us, they draft well and all that good stuff, but they compliment their homegrown talent with good acquisitions. While the Pats**** are out acquiring Pro Bowl talent, the Steelers are playing it nice and conservative….picking up Sean Mahan and Cedric Wilson.

To quote myself and a widely-used NHL saying “Safe Is Death” and the Pats**** never, ever, ever play safe.

The Blueprint

The Pats**** invented the offensive blueprint to beat the Steelers way back in week 1 of the 2002 season. Before we get into specifics, let me describe a defense and you tell me how you think you should/could attack it.

OK….so you tell me. How do you attack this defense? Run, Run, Pass? A balanced offense? Play-action? Smashmouth? No. You spread them out and attack in the air.

Week 1 2002— New England opens up the season vs Pittsburgh and Brady goes 29/43 for 294 yards and 3 TDs. Steelers lose.

*very important note here is that in Week 2 of the 2002 season, the Oakland Raiders and Rich Gannon COPY the Pats**** gameplan and come out throwing. Gannon goes 43/64 for 403 yards and 1 TD. Wow. Steelers lose.

2001: Brady/Bledsoe go 22/39 for 217 yards and 1TD. Steelers lose AFC Championship game.

2002: Brady goes 29/43 for 294 yards and 3TDs. Steelers lose.

2004: Brady goes 25/43 for 271 yards and 2TD. Steelers Win.

2004: Brady goes 14/21 for 207 yards and 2TD. Steelers lose AFC Championship game.

2005: Brady goes 31/41 for 372 yards 0TD. Steelers lose.

2007: Brady goes 32/46 for 399 yards and 4TD. Steelers lose.

TOTALS:

The Pats**** have completed 66% of their passes against the Steelers since 2001. The Pats**** have only had a “ton” of offensive weapons at WR for one of those games. It’s not the personnel, it’s the scheme and gameplan that kills the Steelers. This 3-4 scheme CANNOT and WILL NOT beat the Pats**** as currently constructed. The Arizona Cardinals beat the Steelers this year using 4WR and 5WR sets. The Raiders used the blueprint in 2002 and attempted 64 passes in one game against our D! Let’s thank the football gods that so many teams “play not to lose” and play so tight offensively. Let’s also be thankful that some teams can’t find 5 bodies skilled enough to split all of them out wide and use these formations against us.

The Steelers have had 6 or 7 years to come up with a gameplan to beat the Pats**** and their 5WR spread offense and they simply can’t do it. If we see this team again (this year, next year, the year after), then we must come up with a completely different scheme. I don’t care if you drop 10 guys into coverage. I don’t care if you only have one DL on the field, I don’t care if you have 1 LB on the field. Make the Pats**** run the ball. They WANT to pass on you, take away the thing they want to do and make them play to your strength. We’d have a better chance stopping their offense if you put the ball in Maroney’s hands and take it away from Brady.

WHAT IS WORSE...

Actually, the Bengals invented this method of beating the Steelers and LeBeau’s defense in 2001…when the team was coached by…wait for it…

DICK LEBEAU!

This defense is best known as a run-stuffing defense that plays with 4 LBs, gets 0 pressure from the DL. This team has had below average CBs for an entire decade, has “run stopping safeties…not coverage or speedy safeties” and loves to blitz.

TOMLIN COULD CONVERT OUR BASE 3-4 TO TAMPA 2 without subbing [/color]

So...

As per normal up front

Farrior. = 2nd level

DLINE. (FIRST LEVEL)

Simple yet effective.

And oh so easy.

The NFL is so easy.
On offense if the opponent is 3-4 you pass spread em out.
On offense if the opponent is 4-3 you run
On Offense if your opponent is 46 - spread em out pass Delayed runs.

On Defense if your opponent is a pass team - 4-3 cover 2
On Defense if your opponent is a run happy team - 3-4.

This is why I dislike Lebeau - c'mon give it to me..........

The Bengals are taking this retro-cool thing to a completely new level. Their coach is Bruce Coslet, a onetime Cincinnati tight end and offensive coordinator. The backup quarterback is Boomer Esiason, returning for a second tour with Cincinnati, which he guided to Super Bowl XXIII. The offensive coordinator is Ken Anderson, a former Bengals quarterback who in 1981 took the team to its first Super Bowl. The defensive line coach is Tim Krumrie, who played noseguard for Cincinnati from 1983 to 1994. And the defensive coordinator is Dick LeBeau, a native of nearby London, Ohio, and from 1984 to '91 the Bengals' defensive coordinator.
LeBeau is the architect of the wildly popular zone-blitz defense. He spent the last five seasons teaching it to the Steelers but apparently couldn't say no to the Bengals' 1997 Reunion Tour. "It's great to be back," said LeBeau, who played cornerback at Ohio State and for the Lions. "This is kind of a dream come true for me." In fact, most of the team is just now waking from the nightmarish regime of former coach Dave Shula, who went 19-52 in 4 1/2 years with Cincinnati. Shula, now the executive vice president of the chain of steak houses owned by his father, Don, was replaced by Coslet after the first seven games of last season. Then, when the Bengals won seven of their last nine, many players wondered out loud just how good the team would have been if Coslet had been there from the beginning. Now they will find out.

"It's great to be back," said LeBeau, who played cornerback at Ohio State and for the Lions. "This is kind of a dream come true for me."

GREAT PLEASE LEAVE AGAIN. GO NOW!!

Quarterback Jeff Blake certainly improved under Coslet. In his final nine games, Blake, a Pro Bowl starter in 1995, averaged 249 yards passing and threw 16 TDs. He skipped his family's vacation during the off-season to lift weights and work on his throwing skills; he should blossom further under the guidance of his backup, Esiason. Blake was a third-string QB with the Jets in 1994 when Esiason was the team's starter. Neither has a problem with a role reversal, though. "There's no hidden agenda or motive on my side," says the veteran Esiason. "Jeff is going to let me retire to greener pastures without having to take hits."

One player the team desperately wants to see revert to his old form is third-year back Ki-Jana Carter. The No. 1 pick in the 1995 draft, Carter signed a seven-year, $19.2 million contract, promptly injured his knee in a preseason game and sat out his entire rookie season. He scored eight TDs over the final nine weeks in 1996 but reported to the team's first 1997 minicamp "big, slow and soft," according to trainer Paul Sparling, before trimming down to 220 pounds.

Adding to the Bengals' explosiveness is one of the AFC's best receivers, Carl Pickens, whose 100 receptions ranked third in the league last season. He should become the team's alltime leading receiver this fall. "There is no next level for Carl," says Coslet. "He's one of the top three receivers in the NFL. Would I trade him for Michael Irvin? No. Would I trade him for Jerry Rice now? No."

Coslet would probably like to trade a few of his defensive players, though. The Bengals' defense has long been suspect—it ranked 25th in the NFL in 1996. Things don't look much more promising for this year. Left end John Copeland couldn't bench-press 275 pounds even once at a recent minicamp, and linebacker James Francis decided to skip 13 weeks of workouts in Cincinnati during the off-season, thus forfeiting a $250,000 incentive.

Such a lack of conditioning is a problem, considering that LeBeau's aggressive 3-4 defense requires speed, cunning and discipline. But a few Bengals defenders may have the tools to make things work. Linebacker Rico McDonald, who led the team at minicamp with 40 bench presses of 225 pounds, will flourish in the zone blitz. First-round pick Reinard Wilson, who played end at Florida State, will switch to linebacker in the 3-4, and tackle Dan Wilkinson (he had a team-high 6 1/2 sacks in 1996) will move over to end. Inside linebacker Steve Tovar led the team in tackles last season with 94—he has fully recovered from surgery to repair a late-season knee injury—and Ashley Ambrose (eight interceptions in 1996) was the first Bengals cornerback to make the Pro Bowl since 1988, the year the team made its last trip to the Super Bowl.

Now, that's exactly the kind of retro vibe Cincy is hoping to replay this season.

—by David Fleming

Disgraceful Richard.

:nono:

cover 3
12-17-2007, 06:38 AM
1 Superbowl as a player or coach... a little overrated? Like Cowher had some good teams?

HOW ABOUT BUMP AND RUN?

HOW ABOUT COVER 3?

1-4-6

2-3-6

3-3-5

2-4-5

0-5-6

DO THESE ON DIFFERENT STAGES IN THE GAME - DIFFERENT DRIVES.

THE 3-4 BASE D AGAINST 5 WIDE OUTS IS LEBEAU'S SPECIALTY.

ANYTHING DIFFERENT.

THE WORST THING IS I KNOW MORE THAN BELICHICK.

LEBEAU'S IS PATHETIC AND SERIOUSLY WE WERE LUCKY TO WIN THE THE SB IN 05... WE WERE HELPED BY THE REFS NO DOUBT.

TIME TO GO RICHARD... PATHETIC 8 YARD CUSHIONS = BUBBLE SCREENS, SLANTS.

TIME TO GO 4-3 COVER 2 / 3. TOMLIN'S SCHEME.

TAMPA 2. QUICK PLAYERS ON THE FIELD.

LEBEAU'S ZONE D IS THE THING OF THE PAST...

THE FUTURE OF THE NFL = THE PASS.

WHAT DO THE STEELERS DO ... RUN IT... IT'S LIKE IT IS BUILT IN THE CITY OR SOMETHING / PSYCHE.

TOMLIN NEEDS TO STOP THE RUBBISH.

WHAT HAS POUNDING THE ROCK GOT US?

1 SB (LUCKY) IN 16 YRS.

DON'T TELL ME THE STEEL CURTAIN POUNDED THE ROCK. THEY USED A 56 / 44 PASS TO RUN RATIO.

YOU MORONS ARE AS BAD AS LEBEAU AND COWHER... WITH THIS RUNNING THE BALL RUBBISH AND PLAYING A 3-4 BASE AGAINST 4 AND 5 RECIEVERS.

ITS YESTERDAY'S NEWS LIKE THIS SITE...

RUBBISH.

MORONS ARE COWHER / LEBEAU AND MORON POSTERS ON THIS SITE.

PATHETIC... AND PATHETIC KNOWLEDGE OF TAKING AWAY A TEAM'S STRENGTHS.

YOU PEOPLE WHO POST ON HERE SICKEN ME... NEARLY AS MUCH AS LEZONEBLITZ AND COWHER.

PROBABLY MORE.

LEBEAU IS A LIABILITY OF THIS TEAM JUST LIKE COWHER WAS.

TIME FOR CHANGE... HOW MUCH GAMEPLANNING CAN A 72 YR OLD MAN DO ANYWAY. HE stuff HIS PANTS AND PISSES THE BED AT HOME... HOW CAN HE STUDY TAPE?

MORONS...

1 Superbowl as a player or coach... a little overrated? Like Cowher had some good teams?

HOW ABOUT BUMP AND RUN?

HOW ABOUT COVER 3?

1-4-6

2-3-6

3-3-5

2-4-5

0-5-6

ANYTHING DIFFERENT.

LEBEAU'S IS PATHETIC AND SERIOUSLY WE WERE LUCK TO WIN THE THE SB IN 05... WE WERE HELPED BY THE REFS NO DOUBT.

WHAT DO THE STEELERS DO ... RUN IT... IT'S LIKE BUILT IN THE CITY / PSYCHE.

1 SB (LUCKY) IN 16 YRS.

DON'T TELL ME THE STEEL CURTAIN POUNDED THE ROCK. THEY USED A 56 / 44 PASS TO RUN RATIO.

HOW ABOUT BUMP AND RUN?

HOW ABOUT COVER 3?

1-4-6

2-3-6

3-3-5

2-4-5

0-5-6

ANYTHING DIFFERENT.

LEBEAU'S IS PATHETIC AND SERIOUSLY WE WERE LUCK TO WIN THE THE SB IN 05... WE WERE HELPED BY THE REFS NO DOUBT.

WHAT DO THE STEELERS DO ... RUN IT... IT'S LIKE IT IS BUILT IN THE CITY OR SOMETHING / PSYCHE.

1 SB (LUCKY) IN 16 YRS.

YOU MORONS ARE AS BAD AS LEBEAU AND COWHER... WITH THIS RUNNING THE BALL RUBBISH AND PLAYING A 3-4 BASE AGAINST 4 AND 5 RECIEVERS.

RUBBISH.

YOU PEOPLE WHO POST ON HERE SICKEN ME... NEARLY AS MUCH AS LEZONEBLITZ LE STINK AND COWHER.

PROBABLY MORE.

"It's great to be back," said LeBeau, who played cornerback at Ohio State and for the Lions. "This is kind of a dream come true for me."

HOW ABOUT BUMP AND RUN?

HOW ABOUT COVER 3?

1-4-6

2-3-6

3-3-5

2-4-5

0-5-6

ANYTHING DIFFERENT.

LEBEAU'S IS PATHETIC AND SERIOUSLY WE WERE LUCKY TO WIN THE THE SB IN 05... WE WERE HELPED BY THE REFS NO DOUBT.

1 SB (LUCKY) IN 16 YRS.

RUBBISH.

YOU PEOPLE WHO POST ON HERE SICKEN ME... NEARLY AS MUCH AS LEZONEBLITZ AND COWHER.

PROBABLY MORE.

TIME FOR CHANGE... HOW MUCH GAMEPLANNING CAN A 72 YR OLD MAN DO ANYWAY. HE stuff HIS PANTS AND PISSES THE BED AT HOME... HOW CAN HE STUDY TAPE?

MORONS...

HOW ABOUT BUMP AND RUN?

HOW ABOUT COVER 3?

1-4-6

2-3-6

3-3-5

2-4-5

0-5-6

ANYTHING DIFFERENT.

[size=24]THE WORST THING IS I KNOW MORE THAN BELICHICK.

1 SB (LUCKY) IN 16 YRS.
[size=18]DON'T TELL ME THE STEEL CURTAIN POUNDED THE ROCK. THEY USED A 56 / 44 PASS TO RUN RATIO.

RUBBISH.

PROBABLY MORE.

MORONS...

HOW ABOUT BUMP AND RUN?

HOW ABOUT COVER 3?

1-4-6

2-3-6

3-3-5

2-4-5

0-5-6

ANYTHING DIFFERENT.

1 SB (LUCKY) IN 16 YRS.

YOU MORONS ARE AS BAD AS LEBEAU AND COWHER... WITH THIS RUNNING THE BALL RUBBISH.

RUBBISH.

Disgraceful Richard.

HOW ABOUT BUMP AND RUN?

HOW ABOUT COVER 3?

1-4-6

2-3-6

3-3-5

2-4-5

0-5-6

ANYTHING DIFFERENT.

1 SB (LUCKY) IN 16 YRS.

RUBBISH.

LE STINK IS PATHETIC. SIMPLE REALLY.

------------------------------------------------------------
[b][AutoMerged Post Below]
[I][SIZE="7"]We will improve Once Lebeau leaves.

I am sure of it.

Lebeau = Cowher = Losers. Do the math. Plenty of years to get it right for what (A lucky super bowl win).

Think clearly.

We get rid of LeCrap = improvement.

Hopefully it is soon - like after this season.

Go steelers.

:eyecrazy:

:stirpot:

:yesnod:

:scratch:

:lol:

yinzer
12-17-2007, 09:05 AM
Ben is a God and Willie is still the shiat...Both would be better with better Oline play.....As for this draft...There is a ton of OT in this draft....The OG depth isn't that great....But there is some good players at OG....I like Duke Robinson from Oklahoma and Roy Schuening from Oregon State....

There are good lineman coming into the draft. But, we all know how it has turned out when we waste draft picks on lineman...

[AutoMerged Post Below]

Yea Lyn but unfortunately most of those teams are playing better than ours! Can you honestly say you're not disappointed in our boys?? NO one is jumping the bandwagon and I hate when people say that but as hardcore Steeler fans WE deserve more from them! They are not playing to their potential, we have every right to be disappointed in a team who is very good at football BUT not playing it.

I feel exactly the same way! Those guys need to stop being so damn selfish and remember there millions of fans pulling for them! They let us down week in and week out. I've had it with them.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

i cant blame arians, no OC would do anything with the way this oline plays....its so hard to execute without a somewhat solid oline

The offense DOES have to execute. Yes. I agree. But the play calling is so friggin predictable! That's the problem, people. I don't care if your playing the worst defense in the league! If you know what's coming, it's easy to stop! Hence the Jets. Stop trying to analyze it. Arians is horrible. That's just the way it is. the pittsburgh sreelers have an awful offensive coordinator. Just accept it and hope that tomlin has plans of hiring someone to take arians' place. Its not going to get any better this season. You all know that. Arians is going to all of a sudden turn into an offensive genius. We will be LUCKY to win these last two games. Teams are not scared of us anymore. We used to dominate teams because there was some level of fear. Now we're just softies. Soft coach, soft offensive coordinator equals soft team.

AZ_Steeler
12-17-2007, 11:20 AM
it will be Marshall Faulk night and they will be retiring his number.

I hate playing teams that have the "honoring" nights... the Jets honored Martin, remember?

One of two things will happen with this Steelers team.. First, they will implode and not even make the playoffs and look like the Mets... second, they will get their **** together and make some noise in the playoffs. What do I think will happen? Of course I'm rooting for the noise in the playoffs but based on how they have looked these last 4 or 5 games I wouldn't be surprised if they did choke and the Clowns show them up and win the division.

K Train
12-17-2007, 12:04 PM
Ok first of all....okobi and phillips are garbage as weel and capizzi would been molested even worse, hes just a huge *** dude...nothing special.

second....are those long *** posts neccessary....i honeslty didnt read one word from them and got the point still.

and last....stfu about the playcalling, its realy getting old....."wahh, arians sucks, arians is why were losing, wahhhh, fire arians...wahhhhh"...it gets old and its retarded.....hes "predictable"? you mean he either calls a run or a pass? imagine that

memphissteelergirl
12-17-2007, 02:51 PM
cover3,

First, please learn to keep your comments short enough so people will actually want to read them, not that they made much sense anyway.

Second, the comments about LeBeau's age are unnecessary and just plain ignorant-my dad is the same age as LeBeau. I take serious issue with that.

Third....just STFU!

Troyisabeast_43
12-17-2007, 03:12 PM

HOW ABOUT BUMP AND RUN?

HOW ABOUT COVER 3?

1-4-6

2-3-6

3-3-5

2-4-5

0-5-6

ANYTHING DIFFERENT.

1 SB (LUCKY) IN 16 YRS.

RUBBISH.

PROBABLY MORE.

MORONS...

HOW ABOUT BUMP AND RUN?

HOW ABOUT COVER 3?

1-4-6

2-3-6

3-3-5

2-4-5

0-5-6

ANYTHING DIFFERENT.

1 SB (LUCKY) IN 16 YRS.

HOW ABOUT BUMP AND RUN?

HOW ABOUT COVER 3?

1-4-6

2-3-6

3-3-5

2-4-5

0-5-6

ANYTHING DIFFERENT.

1 SB (LUCKY) IN 16 YRS.

RUBBISH.

YOU PEOPLE WHO POST ON HERE SICKEN ME... NEARLY AS MUCH AS LEZONEBLITZ LE STINK AND COWHER.

PROBABLY MORE.

HOW ABOUT BUMP AND RUN?

HOW ABOUT COVER 3?

1-4-6

2-3-6

3-3-5

2-4-5

0-5-6

ANYTHING DIFFERENT.

1 SB (LUCKY) IN 16 YRS.

RUBBISH.

PROBABLY MORE.

MORONS...

HOW ABOUT BUMP AND RUN?

HOW ABOUT COVER 3?

1-4-6

2-3-6

3-3-5

2-4-5

0-5-6

ANYTHING DIFFERENT.

[size=24]THE WORST THING IS I KNOW MORE THAN BELICHICK.

1 SB (LUCKY) IN 16 YRS.
[size=18]DON'T TELL ME THE STEEL CURTAIN POUNDED THE ROCK. THEY USED A 56 / 44 PASS TO RUN RATIO.

RUBBISH.

PROBABLY MORE.

MORONS...

HOW ABOUT BUMP AND RUN?

HOW ABOUT COVER 3?

1-4-6

2-3-6

3-3-5

2-4-5

0-5-6

ANYTHING DIFFERENT.

1 SB (LUCKY) IN 16 YRS.

YOU MORONS ARE AS BAD AS LEBEAU AND COWHER... WITH THIS RUNNING THE BALL RUBBISH.

RUBBISH.

Disgraceful Richard.

HOW ABOUT BUMP AND RUN?

HOW ABOUT COVER 3?

1-4-6

2-3-6

3-3-5

2-4-5

0-5-6

ANYTHING DIFFERENT.

1 SB (LUCKY) IN 16 YRS.

RUBBISH.

LE STINK IS PATHETIC. SIMPLE REALLY.

[b][AutoMerged Post Below]
[I][SIZE="7"]We will improve Once Lebeau leaves.

I am sure of it.

Lebeau = Cowher = Losers. Do the math. Plenty of years to get it right for what (A lucky super bowl win).

Think clearly.

We get rid of LeCrap = improvement.

Hopefully it is soon - like after this season.

Go steelers.

:eyecrazy:

:stirpot:

:yesnod:

:scratch:

:lol:

Wow welcome to the board I appreciate being called a moron even though Ive never even replied or done anything to your posts so thanks good **** man lol...

yinzer
12-17-2007, 05:38 PM
jacksonville didn't have their best defensive people playing yesterday either. as a matter of fact, their D was hurting more than ours. losing aaron smith is bad but let's not use that excuse for the rest of the season and into the playoffs. we didn't lose yesterday because aaron smith wasn't playing.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

Wow welcome to the board I appreciate being called a moron even though Ive never even replied or done anything to your posts so thanks good shiat man lol...

that guy is a douche bag

Greygrizzly
12-17-2007, 07:12 PM
I was unimpressed by the hiring of Tomlin right from the beginning. One year as a defensive cordinator just isn't enough experiance to be a head coach.

Oh and one more thing that bothers me while I'm at it.
The "Tampa Two" was played by the Steelers way back when Chuck Noll was our head coach. Thats where Dungy learned it.

Mike Tomlin
12-17-2007, 07:45 PM
I mean we lost Aaron Smith right before we played the jaguars who have two great running backs, believe it or not it made a difference. Through all the bullshit and mistakes we still got back in the game.One thing that I learned from this Steelers team is never count them out, especially when it near playoff time. Hopefully Holmes and Troy will be at 100% and Eason/Kirshke will settle in. I think Woodely will be an add water pass rush that should work well with Harrison.

Cover 3 you did makes some good points, I always felt Lebeau was a little stubborn iin his playcalling. In stead of adjusting to what is needed he wants to win in his way in his scheme.

DIESELMAN
12-17-2007, 08:41 PM
Blueprint To Beat LeBeau Written In 2002 / base 3-4 to Tampa 2 in a flash. By Dagger | December 11, 2007

http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=1905

Since 2002 our record has been 59-32-1 in the regular season and 6-2 in the postseason with 1 SB ring. I guess no one got the memo. :banana:

SteelCityPride08
12-17-2007, 09:00 PM
if we dont win these last two games then we don't even deserve to be in the playoffs

DIESELMAN
12-17-2007, 09:12 PM
if we dont win these last two games then we don't even deserve to be in the playoffs
If we don't win these last 2 games we won't make the playoffs!! If we win we definitely deserve to be in there just cuz we pulled it together to win.

memphissteelergirl
12-18-2007, 10:16 AM
If we don't win these last 2 games we won't make the playoffs!! If we win we definitely deserve to be in there just cuz we pulled it together to win.

Hear, here!!
:bigthumb: