PDA

View Full Version : This Steelers team is a FRAUD ...

Iron City South
12-16-2007, 04:15 PM
Go ahead, somebody tell me that we're truly a #1 defense ... Go ahead, tell me we don't have pass rush and secondary problems? Go ahead, tell me our offense isn't one dimensional and our WR's are good at finding seperation, Go ahead, tell me how Tomlin has this team playing sound fundamental football .... you know, blocking, tackling, wrapping up, and making plays.

FRAUDS!

Disguising who this team really is behind a weak schedule that allowed for us to beat up early on average to below average teams. Now that it comes time to show who this team really is against some better compeition, the Steelers **** the bed worse than an infant with a stomach virus.

Disgusting .... absolutely disgusting. :cursin:

Flame away homers and those wearing rose colored glasses, but they are who they are .... you saw it and I saw it.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2007, 04:23 PM
I said after the Broncos loss that a false sense of greatness was built around this team...I even stated after that loss that the Browns would win the AFC North...Which was laughed at....I also said after last week that this defense isn't the number 1 D in the NFL even if the stats said other wise.....

Many of the things you have mentioned I brought weeks ago but I was laughed at and people couldn't see the truth....I'm not shocked at all that the Steelers are getting their tails handed to them...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-16-2007, 04:29 PM
Regardless of the outcome of this game, as we see the 3rd quarter close out now this team is in a world of trouble right now. We are fortunate to still be in 1st place in the division but losing this game gives us a 2 game skid and clearly the Clowns cake schedule is helping them.

Cleveland still won't do anything in the playoffs because their defense is sub par but none the less we have a lot of issues to work on and the physical, tough, defense has been nothing short of a wimper in crunch time when opportunity knocks like it has so many times this . When you get beat at your own game like the Jags have done to us all day today it tells every other team on your schedule they you aren't who you profess to be. This team used to be one that imposed their will on both offense and defense but when push comes to shove, in games we absolutely have to have we have not been impressive at all.

As I right this the Steelers have just scored on a TD pass to Hines so the game is not over but no matter what we need to rectify the issues that haunt us.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2007, 04:32 PM
I understand that Cleveland's defense can't stop nobody...But that team isn't going away...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Completely agree, their schedule is easy enough that they can win out without a problem and considering our next game is just 4 days away and half way across the country against a team that can throw the ball down the field we are in trouble and at this point have nobody to blame but ourselves.

At this point it's 9:44 left and we just got the ball back, if the offense doesn't score here they can hang it up because it's do or die now.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Credit the resiliency of this team, it's tied up in the 4th quarter. It took us 3 quarters to our heads out of our asses but the opportunity is here and we have to seize it. Win or lose in this game atleast we can say we didn't give up.

Iron City South
12-16-2007, 04:55 PM
Regardless of the outcome, this team has some serious fundamental flaws to address. The problem is, I don't think they can truly address them until after the season is over.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-16-2007, 04:57 PM
They've had these fundamental flaws all year but they've managed to overcome them the majority of the time but the most disheartening thing is seeing Jax. rush for over 200 yds and convert what, 4 4th downs today?

The jags just scored and we have 2 minutes and 2 timeouts left to try and move down the field. At this point win or lose we can credit the offense for not giving up and fighting and fighting. We can credit the defense for the 2 turnovers but other than that, that's it for them. They were manhandled today and beat at their own game, win or lose. You can't fault the play calling by Arians today, you can't fault Willie either. You can fault the offensive line for a horrible display of protection and the defense for not showing up vs the run at all.

Stairwayto7
12-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Our defense is over rated

Iron City South
12-16-2007, 05:04 PM
Our defense is over rated

You think? :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-16-2007, 05:13 PM
A loss is one thing, I can handle that if we show up like I mentioned before but when we get completely man handled and beat at our own game, that's the worse.

Troyisabeast_43
12-16-2007, 05:19 PM
Regardless of the outcome of this game, as we see the 3rd quarter close out now this team is in a world of trouble right now. We are fortunate to still be in 1st place in the division but losing this game gives us a 2 game skid and clearly the Clowns cake schedule is helping them.

Cleveland still won't do anything in the playoffs because their defense is sub par but none the less we have a lot of issues to work on and the physical, tough, defense has been nothing short of a wimper in crunch time when opportunity knocks like it has so many times this . When you get beat at your own game like the Jags have done to us all day today it tells every other team on your schedule they you aren't who you profess to be. This team used to be one that imposed their will on both offense and defense but when push comes to shove, in games we absolutely have to have we have not been impressive at all.

As I right this the Steelers have just scored on a TD pass to Hines so the game is not over but no matter what we need to rectify the issues that haunt us.
Steelers MUST now win Thursday and become big Cincy Bengals fans next Sunday and have them beat the Browns. If that happens Steelers would clinch the North but that is no sure thing either at this point.

Ambridge
12-16-2007, 05:24 PM
Along with Frauds I'd use the word SOFT as well.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-16-2007, 05:26 PM
Along with Frauds I'd use the word SOFT as well.

That's the most disheartening thing to see this team give up, being man handled and totally dominated at the point of attack. The Jags are no slouch, they have the best tandem RB's in the league but that's no excuse, we didn't show up today to stop them.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2007, 05:27 PM
Everybody say it with me now Congrats To The 2007 AFC North Champs The Cleveland Browns.......lol The Browns have a cake walk the rest of the way and the Steelers can't win on the road....Even though the Rams and The Ravens suck ***....We lost to the Jets on the road enough said....I think it would be very funny if this team even didn't even make the play-offs....lol

I will always be a fan but when they play like stiffs then I will call them out on it.....The only heart on this team is Ben and Willie...Those guys come to play every week....

Ambridge
12-16-2007, 05:31 PM
Steelers MUST now win Thursday and become big Cincy Bengals fans next Sunday and have them beat the Browns. If that happens Steelers would clinch the North but that is no sure thing either at this point.

Don't hold your breath thinking it's going to happen.

Cleveland has been pulling Grapefruits out of their *** this year and I'll predict that they win the Division outright.

Besides that ridiculous FG they got earlier this season against Baltimore did anyone see that FG Phil Dawson made today in a blizzard that doinked off the crossbar for a good score??

The Browns have all the funky positive mojo now.....and all the Steelers can do recently is keep pissing on their own shoes.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-16-2007, 05:37 PM
St. Louis may not be having a good year this year but they still have Stephen Jackson and that guy is every bit as good as any back in the league. After today I wouldn't put it past us to let a pee wee team run for 200 yds against us.

Iron City South
12-16-2007, 06:18 PM
You know what sucks the most about all this? The fact that I can't even get excited about post-season play because I already know that if it does happen ..... we're going to blow it down our leg and **** the bed once we get there.

This team has too many things wrong with it .... sure they're capable of playing great football now and then, but make no mistake about it .... they're not a great or good football team. They're an "AVERAGE" team that happens to have the ability to find a nut once in awhile.

StlersGuy
12-16-2007, 06:23 PM
I think the time has come for us to fire the whole coaching staff after all we SUCK..... :cursin:

j/k I am not giving up on this team and I do still think we can make a run for the championship, Give Tomlin another year and he will have us where the pats are this year... :cope:

K Train
12-16-2007, 06:25 PM
bengals suck, ravens suck....we just arent "there" yet where everyone thinks we are

matt89
12-16-2007, 06:26 PM
got worried there for a sec,lol. considering big ben was only about 75% w/ the injury,he played pretty well. i wouldn't be all that worried,w/ the injury and field conditions,i'm not that concerned.

SteelCityPride08
12-16-2007, 07:19 PM
fire the whole coaching staff??? come on now
dude its Tomlins first year, hes doing surprisingly good, maybe not as good as he should be and the players got some problems they need to fix by next year

i can't wait till next season, tomlins going to get smarter as he keep coaching

TampaSteelGirl
12-16-2007, 07:39 PM
got worried there for a sec,lol. considering big ben was only about 75% w/ the injury,he played pretty well. i wouldn't be all that worried,w/ the injury and field conditions,i'm not that concerned.

I thought Ben played well this week also. His damn receivers dropped and missed alot of key passes! Willie looked good as well. Our receivers need to step it up some!

LatrobePA
12-16-2007, 07:56 PM
Play calling once again SUCKED! Come on coach T you have to see this.
Let Ben run the O more, it works!

4th and 7 and you throw a TE screen for 4 yrds???Good job BA!

I thought they waited too long to put Starks on the left side and take the worthless pos that was giving up every down.

We used to depend on the D now we can't even count on them!! WTF!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2007, 08:37 PM
I thought Ben played well this week also. His damn receivers dropped and missed alot of key passes! Willie looked good as well. Our receivers need to step it up some!

Ben's a warrior.....I thought he was solid considering the field conditions and the lack of protection like always.....Hines dropped a big one today....But Hines made up for it on his TD catch.....Willie is the man also....With a better Oline he would easily be over 1600 yards on the season...

Iron City South
12-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Ok, I've had a chance to cool off and get a drink or two under my belt.

Here is my most recent take on things:

1. We are a good team this year. Not a great team, but a good team nonetheless.... slightly above average. This team should make the playoffs. All things considered, a big improvement over last year (for those that even care to remember last year).

2. We have been exposed in terms of the scheme of our defense. LeBeau's scheme no longer frightens good teams, as they are able to find the holes and beat it. The scheme simply fails to generate pressure on opposing QB's without bringing a huge overload. I fault our aging and average LB corps as some of you may have seen from the other threads. All in all, this is not a swipe at LeBeau, as the man has designed some incredible defenses. Just a statement of reality. The "elite" of the league have know what to expect from us and now have our number in how to beat it.

3. The offensive line is atrocious. There are no other words to describe it. There is only one player that I would keep, and that is Colon. Not because he has been dominant or anything, but because this is his first year as a starter and he seems to have a lot of upside. The rest of the line needs to be replaced. Some of you may think I'm kidding or embellishing a bit, trust me .... I'm not. I'm as serious as a heart attack.

4. If Roethlisberger is going to entertain the thought of an extension to play in Pittsburgh, he better look Rooney straight in the eye and tell him, "You better get me one of the best mother ****ing offensive lines in the league and another decent WR and you better do it fast ... .because I'm tired of either being on my *** or running for my life!" Every elite team in this league now has the standard minimum of:

A) A very stout offensive line
B) 3 very good (quality) Wide Receivers ...
C) A good Running back

currently .... we have "C" to offer Roethlisberger.

This is my current playoff prediction: We eke into the playoffs as division champs, beat Cleveland in the wild card round, then get our asses handed to us by the Colts in the divisional round. Sorry, I didn't mean to disappoint some of you, but that's the reality of where we are as a team.

Here's another prediction from your favorite SA prognosticator:

- Next year Heinz Field has a synthetic surface
- Next year we will switch to a 4-3 and move to a Tampa-2 style defense.
- Next year LeBeau will announce his retirement in the summer which will pave the way for the previous point of instituting the 4-3/Tampa-2
- Next year we will also begin the major rebuild of our offensive line.
- Next year we find out we have two STUD LB's in Woodley and Timmons
- Next year, much to by chagrin, Arians will still be our OC

Ambridge
12-16-2007, 09:25 PM
This is my current playoff prediction: We eke into the playoffs as division champs, beat Cleveland in the wild card round, then get our asses handed to us by the Colts in the divisional round. Sorry, I didn't mean to disappoint some of you, but that's the reality of where we are as a team.

Wow!! How many cocktails have you had???:greengrin:

Right now my gut tells me that Cleveland takes the Division and maybe the Steelers get the Wildcard.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-16-2007, 09:27 PM
Ok I don't think next year this team will switch to the 4-3......Its going to take longer then one off-season to make the switch to the 4-3.....If they do switch then Woodley wouldn't be a LB...He would be a DE........

With the amount of film teams watch anymore...I don't think any scheme scares any team anymore....You need the play makers and its that simple.....This defense lacks big plays big time.....If Woodley and Timmons are the real deal....Then that would do wonders on upgrading this defense next year....

The Offensive line is just terrible....I would keep Colon also but move to an OG......I think Smith still can be solid as a RT....This team needs a LT and center big time....

BlitzburghRockCity
12-16-2007, 10:17 PM
No way this team switches the 43 next year, it would take drafting more quality DL for atleast depth in that dept before we would entertain doing so. If Tomlin wanted to switch to the Tampa 2 he would have done so, he knows this team is built for the 34 and he's ok with that. We've mixed in cover 2 this year a lot, more than most may realize. He wants to run the 34 and Cover 2 and be a dominant defense but it's clear that we have issues that we need to address. The 34 still works and works great when it's executed properly. You can't blame Lebeau for the missed tackles, dropped interceptions, and poor coverage. The players have to execute and get off blocks and make the tackles. We've run more cover 2 and exotic formations than ever before and that's thanks to both Lebeau and Tomlin.

Will we run more cover 2 next year, yeah probably so but we all expect that but Tomlin isn't going to suddenly abandon what this team has done so well for so long. We do need to do some house cleaning and get some fresh blood on the team on defense. We have young players waiting to get time on the field like our Rookie LB's for example, we do need more depth at the DL. Our starting 3 are as good as it gets and Hoke is top notch as a backup but after that we need some more big, new bodies in there to mix things up.

The secondary plain and simple just has to tackle better and be more disciplined. The guys we have back there can do the job I think but they are just not disciplined enough at this point. We've got a lot of money wrapped up in our secondary so it's not like we will see wholesale changes there either.

Iron City South
12-16-2007, 11:26 PM
I didn't see it, but another board is talking about how they caught Tomlin roll his eyes at LeBeau when the Jags were steamrolling our defenses and went down for the score ....

I think ol man LeBeau may call it quits at the end of this year. I'm not quite certain Tomlin ever fully bought into his system being such a strong proponent of the more modern 4-3 Tampa 2 hybrid. I think it was strongly "recommended" Tomlin retain LeBeau on staff so not to upset more of the apple cart than needed in his 1st year as HC.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2007, 12:09 AM
Tomlin was visibly pissed off during the game and during the post game press conference. A reporter mentioned that this was the first time they actually saw him get upset about a loss and he said that he's always upset and angry but just doesn't always show it. I don't blame any of them for being angry, they have a right too but neither Tomlin nor Lebeau can make the players tackle better, not drop interceptions, or what have you. We left 4 sure interceptions on the field today among all the other problems.

Woodson_DownUnder
12-17-2007, 12:55 AM
I didn't see it, but another board is talking about how they caught Tomlin roll his eyes at LeBeau when the Jags were steamrolling our defenses and went down for the score ....

I think ol man LeBeau may call it quits at the end of this year. I'm not quite certain Tomlin ever fully bought into his system being such a strong proponent of the more modern 4-3 Tampa 2 hybrid. I think it was strongly "recommended" Tomlin retain LeBeau on staff so not to upset more of the apple cart than needed in his 1st year as HC.

Whether DLB calls it quits or not, the responsibility always falls on the HC to accept the blame. DLB has been there, done that... the bottom line, when players leave plays on the field as I am reading (only watched highlights) then it's barely the coaches fault. You can replace players, change the tactics. If all fails, just live & learn from that. Luckily Anthony Smith got a pick return.. gave back something. I saw he got torched on that Garrard bomb ...barely DLB fault.

Prosdo
12-17-2007, 12:56 AM
They are a fraud. I mean where was the run defense? Anthony Smith on the one touchdown did not even attempt to put his hands up and knock it away. What was that???

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2007, 10:20 AM
They are a fraud. I mean where was the run defense? Anthony Smith on the one touchdown did not even attempt to put his hands up and knock it away. What was that???

He was playing very well up until that Pats game and now it seems like his confidence has been rattled. I think the Int. helped him get some of it back but that NE game definitely took him down a notch.

LatrobePA
12-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Smith (27) redeemed himself a bit with the pick, but did look like crap most of the game. Taylor broke that big run off and Smith didn't know wtf to do, he just kinda hung on and allowed him an extra 15 yds. Why not wrap his legs up, I was always tought to hit low on the bigger dudes!!

K Train
12-17-2007, 01:16 PM
Smith (27) redeemed himself a bit with the pick, but did look like crap most of the game. Taylor broke that big run off and Smith didn't know wtf to do, he just kinda hung on and allowed him an extra 15 yds. Why not wrap his legs up, I was always tought to hit low on the bigger dudes!!

he was running taylor to the sidelines, taylor was carrying guys with him all day....he did the right thing the not jump on him till they were close to the sidelines

TampaSteelGirl
12-17-2007, 01:18 PM

One INT does not grant full redemption in my book! He got burnt again this week and he just needs to shut his mouth and play ball!! :cursin:

memphissteelergirl
12-17-2007, 03:28 PM
What really frustrates me is-with the exception of Troy-the defense overall just gave no effort whatsoever. J-ville's OL just steamrolled them the whole afternoon. I just hope the guys realize that need to get that killer instinct back...they are quickly going from the most feared in the league to the biggest beyotches in the league. :dunno:

K Train
12-17-2007, 03:34 PM
i saw troy get steam rolled quite a bit, but thats cause he wants to take on guards and get destroyed

DIESELMAN
12-17-2007, 04:11 PM
You can only blame the coaches for so much. They can sit there and accept resonsibility but ultimately it comes down to the players executing and playing fundamental football. As far as the Steelers being "frauds", rankings are stat driven nothing more and nothing less. Yeah we've played against pushover teams but the Steelers didn't make the schedule, they just play the teams that are on it. Every Steeler fan knew before the season that our OL was a problem, I guess we didn't know how big of a problem it really was, neither did the coaches. Tomlin is in his first year with Cowher players, players that are motivated by flying spit and yelling. Tomlin has done well with what he has but it's going to take a few years for him to find the teams identity and his players to play the he wants them to. If you want someone to blame and to point fingers at, do it to the players. They are the ones not playing Steelers football.

Troyisabeast_43
12-17-2007, 04:28 PM
When the players go out and do their job like they are suppose to we are a great football team and the Steelers can compete and beat anybody in the league and that includes the Colts and Pats.

I think Thursday night people will see a whole different team out on the field.

As bleak it looks and jeez you get depressed just reading these posts on here. I firmly still believe that the Steelers will be in the playoffs and we will win the Division. Got to stay true till it comes down to those two things wont happen.

$teeler$guy
12-17-2007, 05:05 PM
i starting to believe that and i have been a steelers fan since Jerome Bettis was traded to the steelers

memphissteelergirl
12-17-2007, 05:16 PM
You can only blame the coaches for so much. They can sit there and accept resonsibility but ultimately it comes down to the players executing and playing fundamental football. As far as the Steelers being "frauds", rankings are stat driven nothing more and nothing less. Yeah we've played against pushover teams but the Steelers didn't make the schedule, they just play the teams that are on it. Every Steeler fan knew before the season that our OL was a problem, I guess we didn't know how big of a problem it really was, neither did the coaches. Tomlin is in his first year with Cowher players, players that are motivated by flying spit and yelling. Tomlin has done well with what he has but it's going to take a few years for him to find the teams identity and his players to play the he wants them to. If you want someone to blame and to point fingers at, do it to the players. They are the ones not playing Steelers football.

:plus1:
Can't add much else, Diesel!

yinzer
12-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Go ahead, somebody tell me that we're truly a #1 defense ... Go ahead, tell me we don't have pass rush and secondary problems? Go ahead, tell me our offense isn't one dimensional and our WR's are good at finding seperation, Go ahead, tell me how Tomlin has this team playing sound fundamental football .... you know, blocking, tackling, wrapping up, and making plays.

FRAUDS!

Disguising who this team really is behind a weak schedule that allowed for us to beat up early on average to below average teams. Now that it comes time to show who this team really is against some better compeition, the Steelers shiat the bed worse than an infant with a stomach virus.

Disgusting .... absolutely disgusting. :cursin:

Flame away homers and those wearing rose colored glasses, but they are who they are .... you saw it and I saw it.

you won't hear me disagreeing with you. i'm just as angry.

Iron City South
12-17-2007, 05:35 PM
heat of the moment post ... sorry.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Diesel hit the nail right on the head, this team has no identity. It's week 15 and we still don't know who we are. It's going to take a couple years for this team get into the mentality on offense and defense that it wants to be. In years past we were a smash mouth, run first, play action team that played good, solid, physical, defense and knew how to tackle.

This team is still not sure who they are yet but one thing is for sure, they won't find that out this year. Tomlin will mold this team into his own in time but along the way he's got a lot of great pieces to work with and some he'll have to get and develop on his own.

yinzer
12-17-2007, 05:47 PM
heat of the moment post ... sorry.

no need to apologize, my friend. i've been ranting and raving all friggin day!! i hate mondays when we lose!

K Train
12-17-2007, 05:49 PM
Diesel hit the nail right on the head, this team has no identity. It's week 15 and we still don't know who we are. It's going to take a couple years for this team get into the mentality on offense and defense that it wants to be. In years past we were a smash mouth, run first, play action team that played good, solid, physical, defense and knew how to tackle.

This team is still not sure who they are yet but one thing is for sure, they won't find that out this year. Tomlin will mold this team into his own in time but along the way he's got a lot of great pieces to work with and some he'll have to get and develop on his own.

they arent a bunch of lost scred little children, and to say we in for years of rebuilding is ridiculous....we just have some injuries and personel issues that need to get resolved and we will be back to that dominate level we are used to...couple bad games doesnt mean were fallign apart and have to start over...were in a funk...in a funk at the worse possible time to be in one, but thats just how it goes sometimes

memphissteelergirl
12-17-2007, 06:20 PM
When the players go out and do their job like they are suppose to we are a great football team and the Steelers can compete and beat anybody in the league and that includes the Colts and Pats.

I think Thursday night people will see a whole different team out on the field.

As bleak it looks and jeez you get depressed just reading these posts on here. I firmly still believe that the Steelers will be in the playoffs and we will win the Division. Got to stay true till it comes down to those two things wont happen.

Good post! Gotta keep the faith in spite of how it's lookin' now! :bigthumb:

DIESELMAN
12-17-2007, 09:06 PM
they arent a bunch of lost scred little children, and to say we in for years of rebuilding is ridiculous....we just have some injuries and personel issues that need to get resolved and we will be back to that dominate level we are used to...couple bad games doesnt mean were fallign apart and have to start over...were in a funk...in a funk at the worse possible time to be in one, but thats just how it goes sometimes
Your right, no way we need to rebuild. The team as a whole is good, not great but good. We solve our OL problems and we solve our biggest problem, I'm sure both Ben and Willie are a little bit apprehensive getting back there in the backfield :lol: thinking to themselves "Oh ****.....which side of the line is going to fold today" :lol: We solve our OL with the first 2-3 picks, draft DL, MLB and WR and we're good. :bigthumb:

K Train
12-17-2007, 09:09 PM
just a little slip....not a catastrophic breakdown.

go over to a bengals website and tell me your not thankful when you get back, not just cause its dirt and smells over there but because everyones depressed....theyve sucked for millions of years

Black@Gold Forever32
12-17-2007, 09:19 PM
just a little slip....not a catastrophic breakdown.

go over to a bengals website and tell me your not thankful when you get back, not just cause its dirt and smells over there but because everyones depressed....theyve sucked for millions of years

But the Steelers are not the Bengals.....The expectations are way different for both teams...To them winning the AFC North in 2005 was like winning the Super Bowl....:lol: To us winning the AFC North is no big deal....I have experienced enough division titles under Cowher...lol

As for this season....This season isn't a failure by no means....even if this team somehow continues to implode and doesn't make the play-offs....With this Oline its amazing this team even won 9 games out of 14...lol

But still seeing this play like total crap like yesterday is a kick in the nuts....:lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2007, 10:12 PM

I never said we were in for years of rebuilding, you clown :greenkick: ;) I just said that we do not have an identity and we need to find it but it won't be this year. We have most of the pieces in place to get back to the Super Bowl but Tomlin does have some tough decisions to make this offseason and some of the pieces of this puzzle are left to be determined.

I've always been someone who believes that the personnel on the team can do the job if they apply themselves, prepare, and play to their potential. Some changes will need to be made but to say we need to completely rebuild is ridiculous.