PDA

View Full Version : Hey B. Arians and Willie Parker! Tomorrows Weather Forecast.

Ambridge
12-15-2007, 02:38 PM
Sunday Forecast-Pittsburgh:

Sleet and freezing rain in the morning...then snow in the afternoon. Snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches. Ice accumulation of less than one quarter of an inch. Brisk with highs in the lower 30s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph...becoming west 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

Arians needs to be very smart with his play calling(it would be nice for a change)...........and please Willie hold onto the ball and not have multiple fumbles like you did against Cincy in similar wet/slick conditions.

Looks like another slop-fest tomorrow. It should be fun.

Prosdo
12-15-2007, 02:44 PM
It's snowing like crazy in the Burgh right now. Tomorrow is gonna be really interesting!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Arians isn't afraid to have Ben throwing in these bad conditions. In both the ratbird game and the Dolphin game Ben had very good days throwing the ball, using the short to intermediate passing game as an aid to the running game and it worked out well. Unless visibility is near zero I would expect us to still use the passing game...that being said it will be vital for Willie to be smart with the ball and help us out by moving the chains and keeping the Jags off the field. Both teams will try to run but both are excellent against the run so it's going to be interesting to say the least.

Iron City South
12-15-2007, 04:11 PM
If the field has some ice/snow, any trench-war mismatches should be nuturalized. This bodes well for the Steelers who are going up against a much bigger and physical D-line .... (case in point ...last years dominating effort by the Jags D)

While I'm not a fan of FWP running between the tackles, this is one game that I'd try to keep willie running in a northward direction. I think if Arians tries to kick him outside, footing will be a problem and he won't be able to make the necessary cuts.

K Train
12-15-2007, 04:40 PM
quit bitching about play calling, seriously, its execution that blows the play calling isnt the problem. he called a perfect game in the bog versus miami so im not to worried

Iron City South
12-15-2007, 05:47 PM
quit bitching about play calling, seriously, its execution that blows the play calling isnt the problem. he called a perfect game in the bog versus miami so im not to worried

Not completely true. Arians screwed the pooch in his playcalling selection in a few games this year. I'm not implying it's ALL his fault, but he certainly isn't making a case that he is one of the elite OC minds in the league.

When it's 3nd and goal from the 1 foot line, you don't call a mother ****ing fade pass to a 5'10" WR ... then follow it with an empty back set WR motion shovel pass to Ward..... that's just idiocy.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-15-2007, 07:12 PM
Running between the tackles is going to be extremely difficult if both Stroud and Henderson play because they will just eat Mahan alive and blow up everything before we can even get started. It's all about a hat on a hat and see who's getting the better push. If we can atleast stand our ground then Willie will have a chance but if they start pushing our guys around up front Willie won't be able to do anything but try to bounce it outside; and then the traction on the field comes into play.

Najeh could play a big role in this game...

MDSteel15
12-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Isn't Stroud out for the season?

Iron City South
12-15-2007, 09:41 PM
Isn't Stroud out for the season?

yeppers, he's been placed on IR ...

Jaguars Place Stroud On IR; Sign Orr
12/12/07

The Jacksonville Jaguars today place three-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle Marcus Stroud on injured reserve and signed fifth-year veteran linebacker Shantee Orr to a contract. Orr was released by the Houston Texans on Nov. 28, 2007.

Stroud suffered an ankle injury in the Jaguars’ win on Sunday against the Carolina Panthers. The seventh year veteran had started nine games this season and recorded 35 tackles, three sacks and one fumble recovery. The Jaguars’ first-round draft pick from 2001 has started 84 of his 100 career games with 457 tackles, 22 sacks and seven forced fumbles.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-15-2007, 09:45 PM
Oh that's right, I did hear that..my bad. So now they just plug in another giant in Grady Jackson who's as big as a mountain; not quite on the talent level as Stroud but still the guy is a mammoth.

K Train
12-15-2007, 09:54 PM
yeah...2 earthquakes in there regardless and hes gotten playing time lately with strouds suspension

Iron City South
12-15-2007, 10:10 PM
Grady Jackson is a fat tub of **** that will flounder like a beached whale on the playing surface ..... Steelers will likely have Starks on him and Starks is by far the stronger of the two.

Steelerlyn
12-15-2007, 10:39 PM
I am a little nervous about this game and as far as Willie is concerned he seems to fall down if someone blows on him.....but they will work it out

Iron City South
12-15-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm feeling good about this game .... the time has come to get down to business.

STEELER FOOTBALL BABY! ... PITTSBURGH STYLE

K Train
12-15-2007, 10:45 PM
i dont, reports say ben cant throw the ball with any velocity further than 15 yards....

Iron City South
12-15-2007, 11:32 PM
i dont, reports say ben cant throw the ball with any velocity further than 15 yards....

Roethlisberger has thrown well in bad weather throughout his career. Unlike Gerrard who not only hasn't thrown in many cold/bad wx games, but it's his first time playing in Pittsburgh.

I run my normal game plan. Let the Jags worry about the cold, the crowd, and the field conditions.

Use short, high percentage passes and we'll be fine.

K Train
12-16-2007, 12:11 AM
Roethlisberger has thrown well in bad weather throughout his career. Unlike Gerrard who not only hasn't thrown in many cold/bad wx games, but it's his first time playing in Pittsburgh.

I run my normal game plan. Let the Jags worry about the cold, the crowd, and the field conditions.

Use short, high percentage passes and we'll be fine.

doesnt matter, if ben is hurting and cant throw the ball well, theres no in between for him...either great or terrible and when he sits out of practice he throws 3-4 picks the next game...gonna be a long day imo

SteelerFan87
12-16-2007, 12:47 AM
I really hope it snows. Remember 2005, when we played the Bears and it snowed like crazy and we won and that jump started our winning streak all the way to the SB? Does anybody else get the same feeling now? I mean, it's eerily similar. Bad loss to the top team in the AFC in their house? Check. Home game against a good defensive team, in the snow? Check. Road games to finish the season? Check.
If I see Willie Parker running over half the Jags' D on the way to the endzone, I'll be making some Super Bowl reservations. lol (Well, if I had the money, lol)

Steelersfan
12-16-2007, 01:02 AM
The "Bus" running for us in that bad weather? NOPE!

Sorry, but just not the same to me. I always had faith in Jerome taking care of a game for us. Just not so with Willie. He has a lot to prove to me to be honest. You can all blame the line and such but having a RB like Bettis can take care of the line. Willie needs the line to take care of him. Big difference!
But, I still think we can beat the Jags and most any team if we play well as a team.

Koopa
12-16-2007, 01:38 AM
if we lose tomorrow, might as well stick a fork in the season, going to the playoffs is just gonna **** up our draft position, and at this point it really matters cause we need serious oline help, no one in the afc is beating the pats no matter how many times ppl want to deny it

K Train
12-16-2007, 01:40 AM
jets will in this blizzard tomorrow lol...they kinda owe it to us creating that monster and all

Dee Mca
12-16-2007, 09:42 AM
Any kind of Moisture at all today they need to take the "Rubber sleeves off Willie. Don 't need any reason for the ball to sli out.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-16-2007, 11:09 AM
I'll be interested to see if Willie has those sleeves on today too. There's alternatives to the protection they offer so perhaps somebody has talked to some sense into him. :lol:

Iron City South
12-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Total bullshit about the sleeves being slick when wet .... that whole story and perception was created by Madden on MNF. He has zero idea what effect they have.

If anybody has ever worn athletic sleeves or felt them before, they're similar to the same feel as a neoprene wet suit that deep-sea divers wear. They dont' get slippery .. if anything, they would provide more traction (i.e., friction) when in contact with a wet leather football.