PDA

View Full Version : Ben will play

BlackGold4vr
12-15-2007, 02:18 AM
Roethlisberger returns to practice for Steelers
Friday, Dec 14, 2007 12:50 pm EST

http://f3.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_rumors/ept_sports_rumors-934640371-1180024909.jpg?ymOR1i9C8_ycQB35

There is joy in Pittsburgh Friday afternoon. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger returned to practice after missing two days with a sore right shoulder.

His return means he likely will start Sunday against Jacksonville.

Charlie Batch had been working with the first team.

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

I was starting to get a little worried about this. We need this game. A loss here followed by 2 wins to losing teams would not leave any confidense going into the playoffs. We need to show we can beat a good team!

Iron City South
12-15-2007, 09:45 AM
Here's my prediction ... and rememeber, you heard it here first:

Ben Roth always pulls this "I've got a sore (insert body part here) every time we're facing an extremely tough and physical defense. My feeliing is that he does this as a way to plan his "out" ... his departure from the game should things not be going very good for us and we're getting our asses beat. Strangely enough, if we are doing well and kicking their ***, a miracle happens and he forgets all about what he complained about the entire week leading up to the game.

you watch .... when it happens you can come back here and thank me for tipping you off on his flair for the dramatic. This is how BR rolls ....

BlitzburghRockCity
12-15-2007, 09:57 AM
Ben is as tough as they come, the dude played last year when he really shouldn't have played at all until atleast the mid way point in the season. I blame Cowher for letting him play but still Ben was out there toughing it out. I don't question his toughness at all the dude gives everything he's got every play trying to avoid sacks and making plays for us. If he needs to take off a couple days from practice here and there to rest up then so be it as long as it doesn't affect his performance on the field. Players like Marvel take off every wednesday ( or is it thursday) just to rest up and many veterans get an extra day off just because. If Ben is hurt and needs extra treatment to get ready for the game then I have no problem with it.

LatrobePA
12-15-2007, 11:54 AM

Ben Roth always pulls this "I've got a sore (insert body part here) every time we're facing an extremely tough and physical defense. My feeliing is that he does this as a way to plan his "out" ... his departure from the game should things not be going very good for us and we're getting our asses beat. Strangely enough, if we are doing well and kicking their ***, a miracle happens and he forgets all about what he complained about the entire week leading up to the game.

you watch .... when it happens you can come back here and thank me for tipping you off on his flair for the dramatic. This is how BR rolls ....

By far the dumbest POST ever IMO!!:nono:

$teeler$guy
12-15-2007, 02:02 PM

lol wat :bluelol::bluelol:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-15-2007, 02:04 PM
When was Ben complaining?.....Dude were do come up with some of your crap?....lol

Iron City South
12-15-2007, 02:21 PM
By far the dumbest POST ever IMO!!:nono:

Yeah, Ben never used these before in critical game weeks:

- I have a sore toe
- My ribs are sore
- I have a sore hand
- I have a sore wrist
- I have soreness in my knee
- My ankle is tender
- I have a sore shoulder

C'mon, the kid loves drama! What's funny is that he throws these out there like "bones" to the media early in the week, but they never kept him out of the game.

Sometimes I think he just likes to give the media something to write about. Then, if the Steelers win, it makes him look like he managed through the pain and should be hailed as a hero for being tough.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I like the "gamer" in Ben Roeth, I'm just say'in ... it is what it is .... I'm not going to polish his balls like some of you just because he's a fan favorite.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c312/torrespizza/LebowsiBallPolish.gif

Black@Gold Forever32
12-15-2007, 02:25 PM
Nobodies washing his balls......All I want know how is Ben complaining like you stated.....Well Tomlin had to think there was something to Ben's shoulder injury to keep him out of practice for two days this week....

JB 67
12-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Yeah, Ben never used these before in critical game weeks:

- I have a sore toe
- My ribs are sore
- I have a sore hand
- I have a sore wrist
- I have soreness in my knee
- My ankle is tender
- I have a sore shoulder

C'mon, the kid loves drama! What's funny is that he throws these out there like "bones" to the media early in the week, but they never kept him out of the game.

Sometimes I think he just likes to give the media something to write about. Then, if the Steelers win, it makes him look like he managed through the pain and should be hailed as a hero for being tough.

Hey, don't get me wrong, I like the "gamer" in Ben Roeth, I'm just say'in ... it is what it is .... I'm not going to polish his balls like some of you just because he's a fan favorite.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c312/torrespizza/LebowsiBallPolish.gif

you my friend are a moron

BlitzburghRockCity
12-15-2007, 03:50 PM
Maybe Ben should keep some injuries to himself and maybe he shouldn't but either way if the dude is hurt, he's hurt. There's a difference being injured and hurt. Playing hurt is something that every single player does every week, the aches and pains, residual effects from healing up from previous injuries, bumps and bruises, etc. Ben plays hurt and guts it out every week because he's a tough guy and a trooper. He's been injured too, to the point where you just can't go on the field because it will hamper your performance and set back the healing process.

Ben is far from perfect and trust me he drives me nuts almost every game with something that he does on the field but one thing I never questioned was his toughness.

Iron City South
12-15-2007, 04:06 PM
you my friend are a moron

Yeah, well pardon me for ruining your BR circle jerk cheerleading session. Those who truly watch Steelers football know what I'm talking about. The dude has a penchant for drama .... no biggie, it is what it is. Like Top said, perhaps he should suck up the "bumps and bruises" and not tell the media. This may help the perception of some that he sometimes comes across as a whiney beyotch.

Like I said, I like Ben as much as the next Steelers fan, I hope they're finalizing that extension, but I'm also willing to talk about things that go outside the scope of general homerism. Sometimes things "are what they are" not "how you would like them to be" :yesnod:

GoBenGo
12-15-2007, 05:34 PM

http://i6.tinypic.com/wkg02t.jpg
I had to re- read , I was sure this was sarcasm. You believe this?
This might be true on opposite day.
No one who has seen Big play would agree. Coaches have complained he does not tell them enough about ailments, so that he won't sit.
Cmon, dude. I mean , decision making, holding the ball, playcalling are some shortcomings he is improving. BUT EXCUSES, WAYS OUT.:willybs::bluelol::bluelol::bluelol::bluelol:: bluelol::bluelol::bluelol:
You're projecting your feelings onto him. Your post says it all, got your easy-outs should the game go south. Already win-win for you , huh?
This is why I can't stand Eagles fans.

Iron City South
12-15-2007, 05:42 PM
http://i6.tinypic.com/wkg02t.jpg
I had to re- read , I was sure this was sarcasm. You believe this?

Coaches have complained he does not tell them enough about ailments, so that he won't sit.

Your post says it all, got your easy-outs should the game go south. Already win-win for you , huh?

says Ben Roeth cheerleader #1 ..... as proof in his s/n.

http://i11.tinypic.com/4g6rtqt.jpg

Coaches have not complained that he doesn't say enough about his injuries, you totally prefabricated that to serve your defense of your idol.

Nice try though .... :bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-15-2007, 07:17 PM
Ben normally deals with the media pretty well, he's not a trash talker and doesn't usually give them much to write about that is controversial but he also wears his emotions on his shirt sleeve. He's not afraid to take the blame for a loss and not afraid to dish out the credit to his teammates whenever possible. Sometimes he may say too much but that's just the way he is, he's not afraid to let on that he's hurt but to my knowledge he's never made it an excuse for not playing well and that shows me his toughness, his class, and how serious he takes his job.