PDA

View Full Version : Mario Williams

Black@Gold Forever32
12-13-2007, 11:25 PM
With another 3.5 sacks against the Broncos tonight that gives Mario Williams 12 sacks on the season...With all the heat the Houston Texans took on draft day 2006 by drafting Williams over Reggie Bush its starting to look like the Texans made the right move....

The Texans are now 7-7 on the season and are a long shot for the AFC play-offs but its clear this team is on the right track....The Texans have the makings of a very good young defense....Both DeMeco Ryans and Omobi Okoye are young budding defensive stars as well....This team could start challenging the Colts for the AFC South in the near future.....

Plus the Texans and Mario Williams are getting the last laugh while the Saints have taking a step back this year and Reggie Bush is on IR....:lol:

Koopa
12-13-2007, 11:31 PM
it's good to see him having a good season, i feel bad for him though, cause he could have 30 sacks 3 games and ppl will still cry for reggie bush or vince young

K Train
12-13-2007, 11:34 PM
ive always liked him....i hope he thanks the texans for drafting okoye cause he was huge to his success this year

Black@Gold Forever32
12-13-2007, 11:36 PM
ive always liked him....i hope he thanks the texans for drafting okoye cause he was huge to his success this year

Of course Okoye played a part in his success as well.....But 12 sacks is still 12 sacks...I just remember all that heat that team took for passing on Reggie Bush and its cool to see Williams have a very good season...Plus the future is very bright for that team....

Dee Mca
12-13-2007, 11:36 PM
Well hopefully that Texans def will get in peytons face and win then vince and his boys get some pay back on the colts and we back in at #2 instead of #3.

K Train
12-13-2007, 11:39 PM
Of course Okoye played a part in his success as well.....But 12 sacks is still 12 sacks...I just remember all that heat that team took for passing on Reggie Bush and its cool to see Williams have a very good season...Plus the future is very bright for that team....

oh i know what your saying....the texans did a good thing doing it again this year getting okoye over lynch...granted, they arent in great shape RB wise right now, but taking the substance over style and pissing the fans off to bolster the defense is gonna pay off for them really quick

Koopa
12-13-2007, 11:42 PM
oh i know what your saying....the texans did a good thing doing it again this year getting okoye over lynch...granted, they arent in great shape RB wise right now, but taking the substance over style and pissing the fans off to bolster the defense is gonna pay off for them really quick

they can get hart this draft but htey should go oline......which they won't

Black@Gold Forever32
12-13-2007, 11:44 PM

Yep....

Do you think the Texans go offense in this upcoming draft?...Or do they continue to build that defense with the idea of stopping Peyton and the Colts offense.....You would think offense....But at the same time they could use some help in the secondary or another beastly pass rusher to really make things rough on Peyton....

K Train
12-13-2007, 11:45 PM
they just better pass on Oline cause we want to have a choice of those guys when we pick in the late 20s lol

Black@Gold Forever32
12-13-2007, 11:46 PM
they just better pass on Oline cause we want to have a choice of those guys when we pick in the late 20s lol

Agree......:bigthumb:

Koopa
12-13-2007, 11:49 PM
Yep....

Do you think the Texans go offense in this upcoming draft?...Or do they continue to build that defense with the idea of stopping Peyton and the Colts offense.....You would think offense....But at the same time they could use some help in the secondary or another beastly pass rusher to really make things rough on Peyton....

i'd go secondary, get robinson some help.......and a good secondary would give mario williams more time to get more sacks lol

K Train
12-13-2007, 11:50 PM
Yep....

i think its about time they focus on getting an offense that can score points with indy...they got a good defense, and a beast corner (whos name i cant think of, but hes on IR now). A RB makes sense, shaub is a beast and Andre johnson IS the best WR in the league, people will realize this soon enough. Hart, slaton, rice...all options for them this year.

And i kinda think randy moss is gonna get a big offer from one of these non colts AFC south teams...maybe not houston, but tennessee or jax are definitely options that moss would consider since they are in a good situation with a good QB and just on the bubble of making the playoffs...he wont leave NE for miami or atlanta...lol my point is this is a very competitive division with all these teams on the rise

Black@Gold Forever32
12-13-2007, 11:52 PM
i'd go secondary, get robinson some help

Dunta is a bad ***.....Another corner would be a smart move or a athletic ball hawking safety....I would think hard on drafting another pass rushing DE.....Team him with Williams and Okoye on that Dline that would be great....Plus I would just love to see Peyton get the crap kicked out of him.....:lol: I still can't stand that goof.....

K Train
12-13-2007, 11:52 PM
i'd go secondary, get robinson some help.......and a good secondary would give mario williams more time to get more sacks lol

**** secondary, there isnt and hasnt been a first round worth corner since cromartie....maybe a safety, but i think its time to go offese

Koopa
12-13-2007, 11:55 PM
**** secondary, there isnt and hasnt been a first round worth corner since cromartie....maybe a safety, but i think its time to go offese

well **** the running backs you named in another post lol, cause their oline still sucks *** and any running back they draft would suck lol.....i think we should trade them willie and get a good running back with their pick lol

K Train
12-13-2007, 11:57 PM
well **** the running backs you named in another post lol, cause their oline still sucks *** and any running back they draft would suck lol.....i think we should trade them willie and get a good running back with their pick lol

nah there oline isnt that bad, and they are a zone blocking team, something that guys with slatons and rices speed would excel in regardless...hit the hole and go, get the 4 yards the play is designed to get and then your on your own

Black@Gold Forever32
12-14-2007, 12:02 AM
i think its about time they focus on getting an offense that can score points with indy...they got a good defense, and a beast corner (whos name i cant think of, but hes on IR now). A RB makes sense, shaub is a beast and Andre johnson IS the best WR in the league, people will realize this soon enough. Hart, slaton, rice...all options for them this year.

And i kinda think randy moss is gonna get a big offer from one of these non colts AFC south teams...maybe not houston, but tennessee or jax are definitely options that moss would consider since they are in a good situation with a good QB and just on the bubble of making the playoffs...he wont leave NE for miami or atlanta...lol my point is this is a very competitive division with all these teams on the rise

I agree with on you on Andre Johnson...That dude is a monster with his combination of size and speed.....I also like Jacoby Jones...The WR the Texans drafted in the 3rd round this year....I think the kid could be a star.... They have their QB with Schaub.....

I also agree with you on the AFC South division....Very competitive division....All four teams will compete for the play-offs next year also....I just want to see the Colts get knocked out from winning that division every year....:lol:

K Train
12-14-2007, 12:03 AM
I agree with on you on Andre Johnson...That dude is a monster with his combination of size and speed.....I also like Jacoby Jones...The WR the Texans drafted in the 3rd round this year....I think the kid could be a star.... They have their QB with Schaub.....

I also agree with you on the AFC South division....Very competitive division....All four teams will compete for the play-offs next year also....I just want to see the Colts get knocked out from winning that division every year....:lol:

Jacoby jones=beast

if he didnt get hurt he would have had that #2 spot taken away from that little white guy

Black@Gold Forever32
12-14-2007, 12:10 AM
Jacoby jones=beast

if he didnt get hurt he would have had that #2 spot taken away from that little white guy

little white guy....:lol: Kevin Walter or something like that...I agree with you Jones would be number 2 right now....

Johnson and Jones will be one of the better combos at WR in the near future...

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

nah there oline isnt that bad, and they are a zone blocking team, something that guys with slatons and rices speed would excel in regardless...hit the hole and go, get the 4 yards the play is designed to get and then your on your own

Great point on the zone blocking scheme....Gary Kubiak and his Denver influences.....I could see Slaton being like a Clinton Portis in that zone blocking scheme like you mentioned.....Portis is still a good back but he fit that Denver scheme to the T......

K Train
12-14-2007, 12:15 AM
slaton is a fast little dude, zone blocking teams dont usually take RBs in the first round, but slaton, hart or rice might tempt them....they arent really going anywhere with dayne, a broken green, samkon in gado we trust and wali lundy lol.

Packers, another zone blocking team passed on lynch, a very good RB and really lucked out finding grant but their running game was just sad for the first few weeks....people think anyone can run in that scheme just because denver does it, but i think they take a RB this year regardless...lots of quality guys to choose from

Black@Gold Forever32
12-14-2007, 12:18 AM
slaton is a fast little dude, zone blocking teams dont usually take RBs in the first round, but slaton, hart or rice might tempt them....they arent really going anywhere with dayne, a broken green, samkon in gado we trust and wali lundy lol.

Packers, another zone blocking team passed on lynch, a very good RB and really lucked out finding grant but their running game was just sad for the first few weeks....people think anyone can run in that scheme just because denver does it, but i think they take a RB this year regardless...lots of quality guys to choose from

Do you think its for sure that both Hart and Slaton go in the first round?.......They could but at the same time it all depends on what teams need RBs really bad....McFadden will go in the top five no doubt...But after that the rest of the group of top RBs all look like mid to late first round picks....Plus RBs always fall in the draft....So it wouldn't be crazy to think if maybe a Slaton or Hart would fall to the Texans in the 2nd round....I don't think Rice will be there in the 2nd when the Texans pick....

K Train
12-14-2007, 12:29 AM
with so many RBs its hard to tell, not alot of great seniors...but it could be all these guys fighting for the potential first rounds after dmac

Hart, slaton, rice, charles, (dmacs backup??? hes a ****ing animal)

Black@Gold Forever32
12-14-2007, 12:34 AM
with so many RBs its hard to tell, not alot of great seniors...but it could be all these guys fighting for the potential first rounds after dmac

Hart, slaton, rice, charles, (dmacs backup??? hes a ****ing animal)

Felix Jones is a bad *** also......The Texans will have a nice selection of RBs to choose from especially if these underclassmen do declare....

K Train
12-14-2007, 12:36 AM
Felix Jones is a bad *** also......The Texans will have a nice selection of RBs to choose from especially if these underclassmen do declare....

Ahhh felix jones..i knew that lol

Koopa
12-14-2007, 01:00 AM
they cut gado a long time ago, he's with the dolphins now lol

K Train
12-14-2007, 01:03 AM
they cut gado a long time ago, he's with the dolphins now lol

did you miss the point of the thread? lol

Koopa
12-14-2007, 01:07 AM
did you miss the point of the thread? lol

no, i already said mario williams has had a very good season but no matter what he does ppl will always cry about bush and vince young lol

K Train
12-14-2007, 01:09 AM
how could they cut samkon in gado we trust? hes the owner of the second best spin move ever

Koopa
12-14-2007, 02:46 AM
this is funny.........

Williams' performance made him Houston's career sack leader with 17 1/2. He's had a sack in a team-record five straight games and has 13 for the season and nine in the last five games.

i know they haven't been around long but the dude is making history lol

K Train
12-14-2007, 02:48 AM
the dude is a badass lol...he was taking sage down with authority tonight

$teeler$guy
12-14-2007, 07:50 PM
he is good but will get better