PDA

View Full Version : Are thursday night games really a good idea?

BlitzburghRockCity
12-13-2007, 08:51 PM
These Thursday night games sometimes concern me because the amount of time that a team has to prepare and heal up from injury is only a few days. This year we are seeing more players hurt when they play games so close together and personally I don't really think it's worth it to play on thursday nights...especially with the playoffs so much giving teams less time to get ready can have an adverse affect down the road for the rest of their games.

The next thing you know they'll start having teams play on a Sunday, then Thursday night game and then the following Monday...you laugh but at the rate the NFL is going and talking about overseas super bowls, more overseas regular season games and God knows what else I wouldn't put it past them.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-13-2007, 08:58 PM
I personally love Thursday night games...I know it has to suck for the players to have a short week....But the more NFL the better.....I would even watch the Texans/Broncos game tonight but I have a Pokerstars tourney tonight and I can win some nice cash....So I'm doing that instead...lol

MDSteel15
12-13-2007, 09:13 PM
They could make it Friday nights if they want an extra day but I like it!

Koopa
12-13-2007, 09:17 PM
i hate that they are on that reject of a network nfl network, i don't mind next week cause i'll be at a place that has nfl network, but the commentating is horrible

DIESELMAN
12-13-2007, 09:19 PM
I'm watchin the game right now but what sucks is you have to have NFL Network to watch it. Its not on ESPN or any regular channels, so most fans are probably screwed outta gettin their NFL fix.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-13-2007, 10:02 PM
Fortunately Bryant Gumble isn't commentating tonight because he's sick...but they said he'll be back next week :nonod: That man has to be the worst I think I've ever heard. How many times can you possibly mispronounce a players name or get your facts wrong about a team in a single broadcast !

Dee Mca
12-13-2007, 10:24 PM
To hard on the players if they want thursday nite games do it in begining of season when teams still have their byes so they can go bye week thursday game then back to regular schedule. While on subject should get rid of it on NFL network. Not many people have it.Stupid how the nefl continues to take stuff away from the working class. Odds are a working class family can't go to superbowl. Never going to go to Hawaii for the ProBowl. Regular season games are starting to get a little crazy.

AZ_Steeler
12-14-2007, 12:18 AM
I completely forgot about the game tonight... I don't like them, they mess up my pick em leagues b/c I usually forget to set me picks!

NOVA STEELERS
12-14-2007, 06:13 AM
I don't like the Thursday games due to the hardship it puts on the players, the game is grueling enough without getting that extra day or two of rest. I have DirectTV w/ the TICKET so I have access to all the STEELER games when they are on regular tv. Also have the NFL Network, which I love....... espically the injury report at 1145 on sundays so I can make any last minute changes to my line-ups :bigthumb: there's my :2cents:

ARKIESTEEL
12-14-2007, 07:37 AM
One good thing about it if you come out of a Thursday night game banged up you got a few extra days to heal up

dick rasile
12-14-2007, 10:07 AM
Honestly I never like Monday Night Football and I sure don't like Thursday football.
Thursday football and the NFL Channel is step one towards PAY TO WATCH.
Sure the owners and networks love it and because of the money, they could care less about the true fan. Sometimes you wonder if anyone gets up early to go to work anymore.
When you see who is pushing the NFL channel and how they spread unfavorable stories throughout the areas of the two teams who are playing in their game of the week, you'd be a idiot not seeing what they are doing.
I my area Warner Cable is standing firm and I back them for one important reason,"we pay enough for cable service right now". I've been firing off Emails to my congressmen to put a stop to this problem or come up with a better plan. If I'm going to pay more to watch NFL football then at least allow me to select my game. Every game is televised and I see no problem. Can we simply watch the game we want to watch.
I'm lucky to live near Division 3 Mount Union College and I attend many games. This Saturday they will be playing for another National Champship on ESPN . Do yourselves a favor and watch the top two Div 3 teams play for nothing more then to win and the love of the game.

Forged in Steel
12-14-2007, 10:20 AM
I like them so there's football on, other than Sunday and Monday but I don't like it because it's bad for the teams. But I think they should keep the Thanksgiving Games they way they are. I hope the NFL never changes those.

StlersGuy
12-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Doesn't matter to me I dont have the NFL Network and I am not going to pay extra for it.

SteelerBee43
12-15-2007, 01:12 AM
I personally don't like Thursday night games and alot of football watchers can't get the N.F.L. channel which sucks for them..

RW318
12-15-2007, 01:47 AM
No....it's a trash idea.

Steelerlyn
12-15-2007, 02:22 AM
Probably is hard on them but I enjoy an extra game!~

BR7
12-15-2007, 09:37 AM
I completely forgot about the game tonight... I don't like them, they mess up my pick em leagues b/c I usually forget to set me picks!

I feel ya.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-15-2007, 09:52 AM
I think MNF and SNF are staples of the NFL and I enjoy those primetime games because they really don't screw up the teams too much. Yes you have a short week and if you're a road team traveling cross country you can sometimes be alittle flat the following week after missing the extra day of work but most teams give the players off atleast 1 day anyways after a win. Thursday nights I just think it's a bit unnecessary especially when you start factoring in the saturday night games too.

BR7
12-15-2007, 01:22 PM
I don't mind the Thursday games.. the crap I hate is the flex schedlue games. Why the **** would they show the Skins (6-7) / Giants (9-4)??

Flexible scheduling ensured quality matchups on Sunday night in those weeks and gave surprise teams a chance to play their way onto primetime.

Jags/Steelers or Browns/Bills are more pivital to both teams than watching Eli collapse in the 4th quarter. And no Campbell either.. Wooo!! go Todd Collins..

Browns/Bills.. Loser is pretty much done for the season. And a lot at stake for the Jags/Steelers matchup.

Way to go NFL..