PDA

View Full Version : **UPDATE** Ben sits out practice a 2nd straight day...other injury notes

Troyisabeast_43
12-13-2007, 07:13 PM
I know everybody is ready to go nuts over this but you gotta wonder now if Ben's shoulder is really bothering him and since Batch took all the snaps again in practice today does that mean he will end up starting and playing on Sunday. The Steelers really do need Ben to play in this game I think to win because of how good the Jags D is and how much Ben is going to have to do to win this game in terms of moving around and avoiding sacks with as bad as this oline has played so far this year. They could just be sitting him out also because Tomlin knows how physical of a game this is going to be and he knows they got a Thursday game next week in St Louis so he is just being cautious and giving Ben as much rest of possible. Will find out more tomorrow I guess on what Ben's status is. If he sits out practice tomorrow then this becomes a serious problem and it then indeed may look like Charlie Batch will possibly start on Sunday.

Koopa
12-13-2007, 07:15 PM
batch sucks *** so especially in the redzone so if he plays put a fork in the season casue the browns will win the division lol

kgreen
12-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Batch is a servicable back up who can play and in case you've forgotten he did pretty well in his last start. I won't be worried if Batch is in, I know we will be in good hands.:helmet:

K Train
12-13-2007, 07:25 PM
batch is undefeated as a steeler and wouldve beat jacksonville if ben wasnt such a retard and forced himself to play last year

steelcitysfinestXL
12-13-2007, 08:41 PM
I think we are reading a lil too much into this.. im sure he's gonna play, i read in an article yesterday he was nicked (along with a bunch of other starters) bthey xpect them all to play but they said Santonio and Ben were likely to miss weds and thurs practices!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-13-2007, 08:43 PM
Yeah I read that as well, that they were holding out some players from practice but also that Holmes and Polamalu are expected to play along with Ben. He's been banged up this year a lot but it's crunch time so unless there is risk of some type of major damage by him playing Ben will be out there this weekend.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-13-2007, 08:44 PM
I think we are reading a lil too much into this.. im sure he's gonna play, i read in an article yesterday he was nicked (along with a bunch of other starters) bthey xpect them all to play but they said Santonio and Ben were likely to miss weds and thurs practices!

I'm with you...Ben and Santonio will play...Steelers take care of business against the Jags and Rams....These guys can sit out the Ravens game to rest up....

BlitzburghRockCity
12-13-2007, 08:47 PM
It's going to be a rough stretch because we play next thursday as well so it's good we're at home this weekend...let's hope we come out of this game as healthy as possible because there won't be much time to recover before we play the Rams.

Koopa
12-13-2007, 08:48 PM
Batch is a servicable back up who can play and in case you've forgotten he did pretty well in his last start. I won't be worried if Batch is in, I know we will be in good hands.:helmet:

his last start was against the **** *** dolphins

BlitzburghRockCity
12-14-2007, 06:02 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07348/841657-66.stm

Holmes healing

Santonio Holmes missed the two games before the loss Sunday at New England with a high ankle sprain and said his inactivity -- combined with the fact that he is not fully healed -- contributed to him not being a factor in the passing game. Holmes, who had only one catch for 13 yards, said he expects to be a much bigger factor this week.

He said, however, that his ankle continues to be troublesome because it is the kind of injury that takes some time to heal.

"I'm going to play this week and I don't think I am going to miss another game," Holmes said. "When adrenaline starts rushing during games, it really isn't a factor. But it is tough to go on and, if it wasn't such a short season for us, I would probably be out for at least a month. But the season is short in football, so you have to get back and get healthy as quick as you can."

DIESELMAN
12-14-2007, 09:40 AM
High ankle sprains take a long time to heal right, there have been players to miss damn near the whole season because of it. If he can be at least 90% and the Jags have Mathis covering Ward, he should be good.

AZ_Steeler
12-14-2007, 10:40 AM
Regardless if it's Batch or Ben the Steelers need this win. Although I would like to see Ben in there if it's Batch then so be it. I like Batch, he can get the ball downfield and he's fairly accurate... at least during the preseason he was. Batch isn't as bad as most people think and he can carry this team for a couple of games if need be.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-14-2007, 11:30 AM
High ankle sprains take a long time to heal right, there have been players to miss damn near the whole season because of it. If he can be at least 90% and the Jags have Mathis covering Ward, he should be good.

It ruined Kendrell Bell for us, he was never the same since he got that injury. He tried to come back too early several times and he just never was the explosive guy we saw in the first 2 years.

Iron City South
12-14-2007, 12:27 PM
Don't look now, but our vaunted, fierce, and feared team known as the Pittsburgh Steelers has now turned into a soft bunch of candy asses who nurse more injuries than your local hospital.

What can Ben complain and be overdramatic about next? Wonder if the foot massage and manicures had anything to do with San-Antionio Holmes' ankle injury.

Soaking those feet that long might be softening them up ....:hilarious:

AZ_Steeler
12-14-2007, 02:01 PM
Link to story (http://kdka.com/steelers/Roethlisberger.injury.practice.2.611120.html)

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) ― Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger practiced today at the team's Southside practice facility.

Roethlisberger was not expected to practice on Wednesday as a precaution due to a sore shoulder from last Sunday's game against the New England Patriots.

On Thursday, back-up QB Charlie Batch took all of the reps.

That caused some fans to speculate that Big Ben might not play this Sunday against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

However, KDKA's Mike Zappone was there as Ben took part in individual drills.

Roethlisberger was seen throwing the ball.

The final word on Ben's appearance in Sunday's game will come later today after the practice session when the team announces the injury report.

If Batch were to start, all is not lost.

He is 3-0 in the three times he has had to start since taking over as backup.
Looks like Ben will be under center come Sunday!

BringTheWoodley
12-14-2007, 02:42 PM
I think this game will be the determining factor for who is the real Pittsburgh Steelers.This is the first year in along time i remember them being so inconsistant.You usually always know what your gonna get from Pittsburgh..but not so quite this year.One week we can come together and shut out a Seattle team with key players out.And then of course get out played at the Jets.
This game reminds me of when we played Chicago late in the year and after that game the team really pulled it together and headed into the playoffs, hopefully a win this weekend will do the same.It's time to step up and show everyone this team is for real.Nobody beats us at the Ketchup Bottle and Jacksonville is no exception...We Must Protect This House!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-14-2007, 03:06 PM
If there is a team in the NFL that's the mirror image of us, it's the Jags. They can stop the run, they run the ball, they play tough and win or lose you walk away knowing you played a tough game.

Iron City South
12-14-2007, 04:06 PM
Jags are much more physical than we are. Folks, the Steelers 9-4 record is EXTREMELY misleading. Their schedule is one of the softest, if not thee softest, in the league.

I gaurentee you .....they aren't who you think they are.

Dee Mca
12-14-2007, 05:03 PM
Ben worked out this morning but still cant find anything if he playing or what not this weekend. Injuries has been a problem for us this year as well as rest of NFL. IMO camp should open earlier and the starters should play alot more in preseason then they do now. Which isnt really that much. Don't get me wrong im not saying we 9-4 b/c on injuries, but it plays a part as well as choaching change and bad decisions on wether or not to resign or sign certain players.

Ambridge
12-14-2007, 06:13 PM
I gaurentee you .....they aren't who you think they are.

Careful......or you might have to pay Denny Green a small fee since he's trying to Copyright the "They are who we thought they were" and it's variations. :greengrin:

It would be nice if the Steelers win-Cleveland loses-clinch the division and rest some of these "Weenies" so they can get off the injury report.

John
12-15-2007, 03:03 AM
The difference between pain and injury is one of the toughest calls to make. I myself hope they proceed with caution. Look what happened last year when Ben was thrown back in too soon.