PDA

View Full Version : Injury report for this week

BlitzburghRockCity
09-21-2006, 01:12 AM
Injury updates from the Post Gazette

The Steelers issued their first injury report of the week, and no news was good news for Ben Roethlsiberger -- he's not on it.

Roethlisberger, questionable all last week because of an appendectomy, went through a full practice yesterday. So did safety Troy Polamalu, although he again is listed as questionable with a shoulder injury from the opening game. He played in Jacksonville Monday.

Wide receiver Santonio Holmes did not practice. He is listed as questionable after having his foot stepped on Monday night.

The rest of the Steelers on the injury report are listed as probable: linebacker Larry Foote (groin), cornerback Bryant McFadden (quad), wide receiver Hines Ward (hamstring) and wide receiver Nate Washington (finger).

The Bengals' injury report; Out -- Center Rich Braham (knee), safety Dexter Jackson (ankle), linebacker A.J. Nicholson (hamstring), wide receiver Tab Perry (hip). Doubtful -- Wide receiver Antonio Chatman (groin). Questionable -- Wide receiver T.J. Houshmanzadeh (heel). Probable -- Defensive tackle Sam Adams (knee), wide receiver Chris Henry (groin), offensive tackle Levi Jones (ankle), cornerback Deltha O'Neal (knee), linebacker Brian Simmons (knee) and offensive lineman Eric Steinbach (back).

I didn't remember Santonio getting injured. If he's questionable he'll probably play but if not, look for Reid to get a shot because we'll need every WR available for action in case this gets to be a high scoring game.

Steelersfan
09-21-2006, 01:27 AM
I'd like to just see Reid get a shot. Holmes hasn't shown me much so far. He looks like he is struggling with the offense and even the returns at times.
Other than that it looks like we should have everyone which is good. We will need them all.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-21-2006, 01:36 AM
If Nate can play with a bad finger, then TO should too :bluelol:

Steelersfan
09-21-2006, 01:43 AM
TO has a buy this week and i wouldn't be surprised to see him play the game after that.

AZ_Steeler
09-21-2006, 02:16 AM
I don't remeber anything about Holmes either??? Hopefully the Steelers don't need all the WR's though because they will be giving the Bengals a healthy dose of Parker and Davenport!

I'm really surprised by Troy practicing because he was playing with one arm Monday night and everytime he went for the hit he made sure it was with the good shoulder.

suitanim
09-21-2006, 10:44 AM
Holy Christ, that list of injured Bengals players looks more like a prison roster...I'm surprised there wasn't inmate #'s next to the names.

House of Steel
09-21-2006, 10:50 AM
LOL, that is a pretty long list of Bengals players on that injury roster, I hope TJ plays cause I want someone to lay him out flat for last year's mocking.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-22-2006, 01:11 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_471702.html

Wide receiver Santonio Holmes (foot) missed his second consecutive day of practice Thursday. Steelers coach Bill Cowher said, if Holmes doesn't practice today, he won't play against the Bengals on Sunday. Wide receiver Willie Reid would take Holmes' place on the 45-man roster. "He certainly would be back there with Ricardo (Colclough) for kickoffs, and then, we'll see how it is with punts," Cowher said.

Reid has been inactive for the first two games. Holmes was the only Steelers player who didn't practice yesterday.

"I think I'll be all right to play," he said. "I'll probably be back practicing (today)."

I hope Holmes doesnt have this nagging injury all year long, but if he needs to sit out a week we'll all get our chance to see Willie Reid !