PDA

View Full Version : Petrino resigns as Falcon's HC.....

DIESELMAN
12-11-2007, 06:46 PM
ESPNews reports Atlanta Falcons (http://www.kffl.com/team/7/nfl) head coach Bobby Petrino (http://www.kffl.com/player/13642/nfl) will resign as coach of the Falcons and is is close to an agreement to be the head coach of the University of Arkansas.

BB2W
12-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Wow! What a loser... he must have hated Atlanta. :scratch:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Can't say I blame him....The whole Vick Dog Fighting Saga set that franchise back......The Falcons are in a terrible state and I would bet that Petrino would have been fired in his 3rd year or even next year if the Falcons were really terrible next year....

DIESELMAN
12-11-2007, 07:13 PM
I'm wondering what week did he give up on Atlanta and start negotiating a contract with Arkansas. Put his name up there right along with Saban....Can't cut it in the nfl. I hope they look at Singletary again :bigthumb:

Koopa
12-11-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm wondering what week did he give up on Atlanta and start negotiating a contract with Arkansas. Put his name up there right along with Saban....Can't cut it in the nfl. I hope they look at Singletary again :bigthumb:

not his fault he couldn't cut it in teh nfl though, he went into a terrible situation, and if i were him i'd bail too, the falcons are going nowhere no matter who they get to coach them, the talent on this team is zero, and there isn't really a player in the draft that could help them turn it around, mcfadden can sale tickets but that's about it............ and i haven't seen any interviews but from what i know now, at least he wasn't a bitch like saban and kept denying it and then bam leaving the dolphins with nothing, he's at least resigning now and giving them time................ maybe they'll hire grimm, i'd love to see that fat *** fail :lol:

Ambridge
12-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Petrino is a Loser and definately not a pro coach!!
He gave Louisville the shaft to go to Atlanta....he doesn't like how things turned out with the Falcons(regardless of Vick)now he's going back to the college ranks.

I'll make a wager that within 3-5yrs he bails on Arkansas.

black an gold 4 life
12-11-2007, 08:07 PM
petrino is an loser 4 real he an saban should b banned from the nfl 4 life they suck..................man it must b nice 2 say hey i don't wanna coach no more n the nfl i'll resign an i'll take the college gig go figure lol

DIESELMAN
12-11-2007, 09:28 PM
not his fault he couldn't cut it in teh nfl though, he went into a terrible situation, and if i were him i'd bail too, the falcons are going nowhere no matter who they get to coach them, the talent on this team is zero, and there isn't really a player in the draft that could help them turn it around, mcfadden can sale tickets but that's about it............ and i haven't seen any interviews but from what i know now, at least he wasn't a bitch like saban and kept denying it and then bam leaving the dolphins with nothing, he's at least resigning now and giving them time................ maybe they'll hire grimm, i'd love to see that fat *** fail :lol:

The situation might have been bad when he got there but he knew that goin in. Petrino had a pretty good draft for a 1st year coach, 8 outta 11 picks are still on the team. Nobody could've predicted the Vick mess, but ok, now we don't have a QB, I'm sure Blank (owner) took that into consideration when the team was losing, plus they had some key injuries throughout the season. So now we're at the rebuilding stage, which thats what his mindset shoulda been going into the job, he would want to make the team "his" team. It would've taken him 3-5 years to turn the Falcons around and if had turned it around he woulda had a better track record, a record of winning and at least trying. I doubt seriously anyone expected him to win the SB in his first year. Now he's setting a track record of quitting, before he got the job with the Falcons, he had just signed a 10 year contract with Louisville.

K Train
12-11-2007, 09:45 PM
hes a terrible coach, he has no relationship with the players at all, they hate him and all he does is watch tape....no interaction with the players at all, how he got the job i'll never understand.....he will never make it in the pros, college coach for life and a mediocre one at that.

now they might draft a talented QB instead of brohm this year lol

Forged in Steel
12-11-2007, 10:34 PM
He was a garbage coach! :yesnod:

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Great move by Petrino. Getting out of that train wreck of Atlanta.

BlitzburghNation
12-12-2007, 02:21 AM
Wow! What a loser... he must have hated Atlanta. :scratch:

:ditto:
That's the coward way out "what a huge :moon: hole "

Black Prowler
12-12-2007, 06:27 PM
I agree..he is a huge coward and a pansy for running out on Atlanta.:cope: Then again they are my division rivals so I can't help but laugh:lol: