PDA

View Full Version : #27 At it again...

LatrobePA
12-11-2007, 02:06 AM
Anyone see the article on him, basically saying we'll see the pats again in the post season and things will be diffrent???

I read it, and forget where I saw it.

Can he please shut up? Someone needs to stop him, I'm sick of reading/ hearing about this all over the web!!!

Koopa
12-11-2007, 02:13 AM
patrick crayton of the cowboys said the exact same thing after they lost

he's trying to be joey porter........ppl here were crying we don't have his attitude anymore, and now that we do, ppl want it to stop........

K Train
12-11-2007, 02:17 AM
well whats he gonna say? nah, i was wrong...im sure they will kick our *** again next time. Honestly i would rather listen to him talk than listen to all of you bitch about him talking

Silverback 92
12-11-2007, 02:22 AM
I dont think pats game would have turned out differently had Smith said nothing in pre game interview.... pats came to play either way ! They did try to get into smiths head though once they went ahead.... I say let him talk, as long as the team and him can back it up !!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2007, 09:08 AM
That's nothing to be concerned about, he's just upset at how he played and that we lost so he's looking for some redemption. Trash talking is part of his game; as long as he's not guaranteeing wins outright like before just let him have his talking now and then.

DIESELMAN
12-11-2007, 09:52 AM
well whats he gonna say? nah, i was wrong...im sure they will kick our *** again next time. Honestly i would rather listen to him talk than listen to all of you bitch about him talking

I agree, I was tickled the first time he said it, at least he's confident. Everyone hear knows Smith is good and when we see the Patsies again, they will know who he really is. :bigthumb:

LatrobePA
12-11-2007, 09:55 AM
He's the laughing stock of the whole NFL now, lay low.

Look, I love the guy but I hate the **** talking that he's doing, STFU and play!

BringTheWoodley
12-11-2007, 10:06 AM
Anthony definately doesn't have the resume to be talking like that..I love the confidence and attitude,but you have to play better to back it up.
Porter talked smack but had the Pro Bowls to back it up.
As a die hard Steelers fan i miss that intensity the Defense used to have..nobody fears that D anymore..we haven't out physically played anyone in a long time.Our secondary is young and i think will be fine..but we need some speed and youth at Linebacker. Haggins needs to go..you hardly ever here his name in a game. Farrior is consistant but is getting slower every day.
We need to beef up that O line in the offseason and hopefully Woodley and Timmons work there way into the starter slots.
Hopefully we can redeem ourselves with a good solid win against Jville.

DIESELMAN
12-11-2007, 10:16 AM
Anthony definately doesn't have the resume to be talking like that..I love the confidence and attitude,but you have to play better to back it up.
As a die hard Steelers fan i miss that intensity the Defense used to have..nobody fears that D anymore..we haven't out physically played anyone in a long time.Our secondary is young and i think will be fine..but we need some speed and youth at Linebacker. Haggins needs to go..you hardly ever here his name in a game. Farrior is consistant but is getting slower every day.
We need to beef up that O line in the offseason and hopefully Woodley and Timmons work there way into the starter slots.
Woodley and Timmoms are going to be a handful next season. I know Woodley is battling a hamstring right now, but why don't we bring in Timmons on pass situations, I'm sure he could've covered Welker a helluva lot better then Haggans did (7 straight completions WTF). Your right about our D...No swagger, we're still tryin to find our identity, but as we're looking for it, don't laugh it up with the other team, pattin each other on the butt....**** that!!!! We are the Pittsburgh Steelers...you play us, you die!!!!!

Ambridge
12-11-2007, 10:28 AM

Exactly right!!
It's one thing for a proven veteran to speak out but obscure Second year players with minimal playing time need to SHUT-UP!!

Tomlin needs to make it clear to Smith that if he opens his mouth again that it's gonna cost him a fine and or playing time.

TEEMONT
12-11-2007, 10:40 AM
You guys all need to get the **** over it. I love hearing him talk ****. If at first you don't succeed try try again. Like K Train said, what do you want him to say when asked, "we are going to get our asses kicked if we play them again."?

A bunch of hypocrites is what you are, all I have heard since April is we need another Joey Porter, when someone steps up and talks a little ****, you're pissed because it's not Joey Porter. Let's remember one thing, Porter IS washed up, his team is 0 - 13.

floodcitygirl
12-11-2007, 10:48 AM
well whats he gonna say? nah, i was wrong...im sure they will kick our *** again next time. Honestly i would rather listen to him talk than listen to all of you bitch about him talkingThat made me laugh. :lol:

I don't care what he says or doesn't as long as he does his job. He needs to concentrate on the game ahead of him and his team.

Ambridge
12-11-2007, 10:52 AM
what do you want him to say when asked, "we are going to get our asses kicked if we play them again."?

No!! But after he's done removing his own foot from his mouth and wiping away the toe jam.....saying something along the lines of "They were the better football team today and if we see them again hopefully we'll have a much improved performance"!! would be the smart thing to say.

Anthony "Who" has no business saying anything!!

LatrobePA
12-11-2007, 11:02 AM
You guys all need to get the **** over it. I love hearing him talk shiat. If at first you don't succeed try try again. Like K Train said, what do you want him to say when asked, "we are going to get our asses kicked if we play them again."?

A bunch of hypocrites is what you are, all I have heard since April is we need another Joey Porter, when someone steps up and talks a little shiat, you're pissed because it's not Joey Porter. Let's remember one thing, Porter IS washed up, his team is 0 - 13.

His media **** talking is not Steeler style. Porter could back it up, he was pro bowl caliper. I'm sick in f'n tired of hearing the Joey Porter ****, he's not here let him go, and trust me 27 is no Porter! Point being, the other 10 players on D would back him (porter), they didn't 27 on Sunday.

This kid is a second year rookie with no right to talk **** yet. He let our stats get to his head. He is the reason we got torched so bad, he bit on every play fake thus blowing coverage. He sucked that game!!

Keep your f'n *** out of the spot light, you got your *** handed to you move on or the Patriots hangover will destroy ya!!

I don't want this team turning into a **** talking Bengals POS team.

TEEMONT
12-11-2007, 11:10 AM
No!! But after he's done removing his own foot from his mouth and wiping away the toe jam.....saying something along the lines of "They were the better football team today and if we see them again hopefully we'll have a much improved performance"!! would be the smart thing to say.

Anthony "Who" has no business saying anything!!

At least he has the balls to say ****, most of the guys on that D are so ****ing apathetic right it makes me sick. They just put it in that "veteran" cruise control and collect a ****ing paycheck. Look at douchebag Troy on sideline, if you wanna be pissed at someone be pissed at him, his team was out getting their lunch money taken by Tom Brady and Randy Moss and he was yuckin' it up on the damn sidelines.

Anthony Smith can talk **** all he wants, I know Tomlin will have him ready to back it up next time.

And who the hell says our D has no swagger? Can they seriously be any better than number 1 overall? Scoring and yards allowed they are number and people are still not happy. Smith talks and tries to add some "Lee Flowers" swagger, and even more unhhappy.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

His media shiat talking is not Steeler style. Porter could back it up, he was pro bowl caliper. I'm sick in f'n tired of hearing the Joey Porter shiat, he's not here let him go, and trust me 27 is no Porter! Point being, the other 10 players on D would back him (porter), they didn't 27 on Sunday.

This kid is a second year rookie with no right to talk shiat yet. He let our stats get to his head. He is the reason we got torched so bad, he bit on every play fake thus blowing coverage. He sucked that game!!

Keep your f'n *** out of the spot light, you got your *** handed to you move on or the Patriots hangover will destroy ya!!

I don't want this team turning into a shiat talking Bengals POS team.

He isn't the first Steeler to guarantee a win and he won't be the last.

What is Steeler style, please enlighten me, taking roids back in the 70's? Choking in big games under Cowher? Maybe our "style" hasn't worked for us too well in the past, and it's time to head a new direction. Anthony Smith is a beast, and you all want to scapegoat him b/c of a bad game. It's called a learning experience. We weren't supposed to be anywhere near where we are record-wise right now, so our boys have every right to talk ****.

You want SWAGGER? Antony Smith will bring it back, but there is going to be growing pains, your boy Porter ran his mouth before he was established too.

LatrobePA
12-11-2007, 11:24 AM
My boy Porter? Seems you're the one swinging from his sack not me bro!

F, this forum, and F you man, the **** talking is GAY and makes us look stupid. Gurantee a win against the Jets, AZ, Broncos, then actually do it. Don't do it against the team that can use it against you and destroy you with it.

OUT!

TampaSteelGirl
12-11-2007, 11:52 AM
The thing that makes me mad is the fact that he doesn't have the stats to back it up! He's not a pro bowler and hasn't brought alot to our defense to even be talking ****! And what idiot guarantees a win over this undefeated team!! :banging: If anyone with a great resume would have said it then that's different but geez!! THey didn't even know who Smith was!!!
NOW we are the laughing stock of the NFL with his freaking comments! No one is afraid of us now! They all know we can't back up what we say! I'm so frustrated because I feel we have no reason to be **** talking when we've been so inconsistent and can't even play well over the crappy teams!! They just need to shut up and play some freaking football!! They even burnt us on our own play!! The Pats planned that play and burn on Smith!
JUST SHUT UP AND PLAY FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cursin:

SteelerFan87
12-11-2007, 01:28 PM

What is up with all the chicken littles lately? We lost to the Pats. No big deal. We gave it a shot, and then when they started to pull away, we gave up. Better that than reveal all our secrets in a meaningless game. What did this game mean? Pride. That's it. If we won, they'd still be the #1 seed, and we'd still be the #3 seed. This was just for pride, and to see how we match up against them. And yes, we have outphysicaled people recently. How soon we forget why we all loved Smith in the first place, for how he jacked up all the Bengals WRs.

I for one, love the confidence and the swagger he has. No need to run away with our tails between our legs just because we lost that game. That would be worse than losing the game, if we lose our confidence. The Steelers will be back, and so will Smith, and I'm sure he won't forget Brady and Belichick calling him out in the media after the game. And that's where it will matter. Calling a guy out personally will definitely motivate him. Guaranteeing a win, that was totally overblown.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Jeebus, all this controversy over something that none of us can control. It's not like we're the ratbirds or bengals here, Smith's teammates and Tomlin all talked to him about watching his mouth. He's a trash talker and that's part of his game. Porter trash talked from the day he got here and he didn't always back it up but he did more often than not. It's not worth flipping out over, the team will be ready if and when we play them again but we better get used to Smith and his talking because it's part of his style.

DIESELMAN
12-11-2007, 01:46 PM
So what if he somewhat guaranteed a win?!?!?!?!

“Yeah, why not?” said Smith, the Steelers’ free safety. “We’ve got the No. 1 defense. We don’t expect that to change, so why not? We think we’re going to win every game anyway, so yeah.”

Smith was asked if he’s making like Joe Namath and guaranteeing the win.
“Yeah, I can guarantee a win, as long as we come out and do what we’ve got to do,” he said. “If both sides of the ball are rolling and our special teams come through for us, we’ve got a good chance of winning

Yeah he's cocky and inexperienced but the rest of the D shoulda had his back instead of damning him for sayin it. So now everytime someone says somethin like that, everybody is going to get scared, tuck tail and run? "Oh my God you shouldn't have said that, now your going to wake the big bad beast (legs quivering), what are we going to do now?" Give me a ****ing break, that "guarantee" should've fired us up, shoulds lit a fire in our bellies. "Yeah!! we're going into Foxboro and we are going to kick their asses!! **** the Patriots!! We are the Pittsburgh Steelers and we are going to ram it down your throats, like it or not!! You got a problem with that? Get the **** outta my face!!"

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2007, 01:50 PM
"Yeah!! we're going into Foxboro and we are going to kick their asses!! **** the Patriots!! We are the Pittsburgh Steelers and we are going to ram it down your throats, like it or not!! You got a problem with that? Get the **** outta my face!!"

I think if he would have said it like that then maybe it would have fired us up more..LOL..but the fact that the guarantee was brought out in him by the media in a backhanded way it just took a mind of it's own and got blown way outta proportion. I think the defense was fired up and the team as a whole was ready to play but they just didn't pay attention and stay disciplined once the whistle blew and that was the downfall. Take away the 2 big plays and it's a different game but it is what it is in the end; we lost and we have to move on.

Personally I don't like guaranteeing wins because there's too many variables that can happen in a game but I guess if you're going to do it you might as well go all the way.

DIESELMAN
12-11-2007, 01:56 PM
Take away the 2 big plays and it's a different game but it is what it is in the end; we lost and we have to move on.

IMO...We shoulda brought our S's up and popped their WR's in the mouth, let em slide by and the CB's would pick em up, leaving our S's to cover the middle and short routes. By then we might have gotten better pressure on Brady and their WR's routes would've been disrupted.

BR7
12-11-2007, 02:08 PM
His sh!talking can go either way.. either he backs up his talk and 1) we win or 2) we lose. Nobody would say **** had we won, we all woulda been giving Smith his praise. Since we lost.. we all want to say he should have just said nothing. Just like the hole FWP/Bus crap. When the Bus was the man and getting chump change in yardage we all wanted the scat back. When FWP falls over without being touched we all want the bruiser style RB back..

Let Smith run his mouth.. IDC either way. I'd much rather see us on the W column afterwards, but ****.. let someone on the team show some balls. We need someone vocal ala Peezy. Maybe he's trying to light a fire under the other guys asses, who knows.

How much different would it be if it was Fanaca or Hines that guaranteed it? Just cause Smith is a two year guy.. big f-ing deal. Smith got burned. Plain and simple. Even if he didn't say ****, he still would have got burned. It was all magnified and blown out of proportion because of it. IMO.. no need for any saftey to fall for play action when everyone on gods green earth knows they aren't ****ing running. He as well as others blew assignments like pop warner kids.. they will learn from it.

K Train
12-11-2007, 02:57 PM
lol at people saying we are the laughing stock of the nfl for losing to the patriots....take a look around people, theres way more to laugh at in general but as far as guarantees go....porter guaranteed a win a few times this year....0-13....kitna guaranteed 10 wins...theyve dropped 6 straight. Guarantees dont mean ****, he was embarrassed and moved on, i love what this kid brings to the table and what hes all about it was one ****ing game people, on ****ing game against the best team in the league...its not the end of the world and smith isnt some retarded scrub *** player

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Anybody who thinks we are the laughing stock of the league because we lost needs to have their head examined..LOL. Smith may be a laughing stock but by now the Pats have moved on their next opponent and by the time kickoff comes next sunday nobody will be talking about it. The only time we'll ever hear about this again after this week is over is if we meet them in the postseason.

Anthony is the future at Safety for us, he has a lot to learn yet obviously but his upside is huge and he brings toughness and intensity to our secondary and we can always use that.

black an gold 4 life
12-11-2007, 03:03 PM
LOOK I LOVE THE YOUNG BLOOD SOME BODY NEEDS 2 WAKE THE DEFENSE UP, LEAVE THE YOUNG BLOOD ALONE,HE HAS LEARN FROM HIS MISTAKE HE HAD AN BAD GAME IT TOOK TRICKERY PEOPLE 2 BEAT HIM NOT STRAIGHT UP PLAYS, TRICKERY..........................WE R AN AGREESIVE DEFENSE, IT HAPPEN 2 TROY ALSO WHEN HE PLAY THE CHEATERS TWICE U LIVE AN LEARN PEOPLE............................................ GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!

Ambridge
12-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Look at douchebag Troy on sideline, if you wanna be pissed at someone be pissed at him, his team was out getting their lunch money taken by Tom Brady and Randy Moss and he was yuckin' it up on the damn sidelines.

I do agree with you there!! Troy standing on the sideline like he's on the street corner hanging out with his buds was very irritating and I don't know if anyone caught Ike Taylor talking trash with Pats fans behind the Steelers bench instead of doing something better....Like getting ready for the next defensive series was also disappointing!!

Smith and some others need to grow-up fast!!

steelcitysfinestXL
12-11-2007, 04:10 PM
BLAH,BLAH,BLAH!!! Smith as said before, is the future in our secondary and seeing as how Troy just signed a new contract, thats the duo were are banking our D on in the secondary!!! Smith is a proto-typical steeler... He's physical, nasty and he's gonna talk on the field (and off of it too!!) Until this game, the stats on plays down the field against our D were AMAZING!!! Compared to the last few season where with Hope and Troy we were like a siv back there!!! Smith is fast to the ball, all he needs is to learn a lil more discipline on the field!!! Off the field, he's gonna be the person he is... so far he hasnt had a arrest for Public Drunkeness (Santonio, who happens to be one of my fav. players) domestic violence/sexual assalt charges brought on him (Santonio,Najeh and even THE BUS) or any other legal problems that seem to bother young players in this league!!! I'd rather have a guy that plays his *** off on sundays and talks about it during the week that a guy who cant play sundays cause he is commiting/ being acused of crimes during the week!!! My point, get off the kids back, until this week no one (outside of a couple 15 yd PF's) has had a reason to complain about Ant!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Troy hanging out on the sidelines just chillin seemed to irk me a bit too. Now granted we didn't have a camera angle on him the entire game so we don't know for sure what he was doing at all times but it did seem that everytime the camera was on him that he was just hanging out instead of firing up the troops, helping the safeties to see what he could see on the sidelines, etc.

I can remember when Lloyd tore his ACL he was on the sidelines in crutches screaming and cheering on the players. That's what I want to see Troy do. I hate to judge a player when we don't know all the facts but from what I saw when they did show him it wasn't what I was hoping to see.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2007, 04:54 PM
At least he has the balls to say shiat, most of the guys on that D are so ****ing apathetic right it makes me sick. They just put it in that "veteran" cruise control and collect a ****ing paycheck. Look at douchebag Troy on sideline, if you wanna be pissed at someone be pissed at him, his team was out getting their lunch money taken by Tom Brady and Randy Moss and he was yuckin' it up on the damn sidelines.

Anthony Smith can talk shiat all he wants, I know Tomlin will have him ready to back it up next time.

And who the hell says our D has no swagger? Can they seriously be any better than number 1 overall? Scoring and yards allowed they are number and people are still not happy. Smith talks and tries to add some "Lee Flowers" swagger, and even more unhhappy.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

He isn't the first Steeler to guarantee a win and he won't be the last.

What is Steeler style, please enlighten me, taking roids back in the 70's? Choking in big games under Cowher? Maybe our "style" hasn't worked for us too well in the past, and it's time to head a new direction. Anthony Smith is a beast, and you all want to scapegoat him b/c of a bad game. It's called a learning experience. We weren't supposed to be anywhere near where we are record-wise right now, so our boys have every right to talk shiat.

You want SWAGGER? Antony Smith will bring it back, but there is going to be growing pains, your boy Porter ran his mouth before he was established too.

Amen Brother....douchebag Troy.....:lol: Watch out you can't attack Troy Polamalu without upsetting some folks...lol Trust me I know by experience...But for real people are all over Smith and yes he was clueless out there the other day.....But the whole D was clueless and played bad...It just wasn't Anthony Smith.....Yes he ran his mouth which his comments were not that bad....The media made it a bigger deal then it really was.....Don't understand why he is talking again about the Pats...But still I have no problems with it....

As for Troy....I really can't stand that over-rated piece of trash right now......He sucked last year and now after signing the richest contract in team history.......He has been worse......:lol: This spiritual zen master he has been become needs to go.....Some fans have mentioned Troy's lack of weight lifting...I think there is something to that...He sure doesn't have the strength he once did and his tackling is **** poor...For every tackle he has made this season he has blown two...lol He has never been great in coverage and seems to be worse in that area also.....Something needs to happen with Troy....The Steelers brass need to talk with him and see whats up with him.....

Now back to Smith...I don't think he is a beast yet...I think some still over-rate him also...But he is still a talented young player that can hit like a truck....I just hope he learns from his bad performance......The sad thing was he didn't hit much at all against the Pats...Thats supposed to be the best part of his game....But to single Smith out for losing is just retarded....All Steelers fans need to blame it on the whole defense...The whole D didn't show up....I don't think they're as good as their number 1 ranking indicates.....

BR7
12-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Some fans have mentioned Troy's lack of weight lifting...I think there is something to that...He sure doesn't have the strength he once did and his tackling is **** poor...For every tackle he has made this season he has blown two...lol He has never been great in coverage and seems to be worse in that area also.....Something needs to happen with Troy....The Steelers brass need to talk with him and see whats up with him

For once I can agree with you on 'some' things about Troy, lol.

I think it was durring the game.. Simms mentioned something about no weight lifting and that shocked the **** out of me. That there would be reason for his lack luster year. I'm a huge TP fan, but you gotta lift the weights in the NFL. He keeps that **** up his zen-dom will get his *** cut. I'd hate to see that and would love for him to return to his former self. TP and Smith is definately our future.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2007, 05:11 PM
For once I can agree with you on 'some' things about Troy, lol.

I think it was durring the game.. Simms mentioned something about no weight lifting and that shocked the shiat out of me. That there would be reason for his lack luster year. I'm a huge TP fan, but you gotta lift the weights in the NFL. He keeps that shiat up his zen-dom will get his *** cut. I'd hate to see that and would love for him to return to his former self. TP and Smith is definately our future.

Trust me I don't like knocking the guy...He used to be one of my favorites...But when you're a pro athlete and making a ton of money...You owe it to that franchise to always work on your game....I know Troy has his own beliefs and what not.....But somebody has to say Troy its not working....Look at the tapes you're not even close to the player you once were...That was only 2-3 seasons ago....lol Noway he should be in the decline...He should still be in his prime...

Iron City South
12-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Yinz know how I feel about Pola .... I think I made my position extremely clear.

With regard to Tony "the mouth" Smith:

At some point, yinz got to get off of his balls and just let the kid learn from his mistakes and move on. He's young ... and mentally, he's immature .... .that's about all that can be said about him at this point.

As far as his playing goes, I like him as a Steeler, he's got good size, he can hit like a mother ****ing train, and he plays the a physical style of FS that we enjoy. He has a chance to be a very good football platyer in this league .... as soon as he learns to grow up.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2007, 06:01 PM
There has to be a reason why Troy wouldn't be in his usual workout routine that he's used up until this point. He's had issues with his knee and several other injuries that Im sure have limited his workout significantly but I'd curious to know exactly how much he works out and what his daily time is spent doing this year as opposed to previous years.

TEEMONT
12-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Trust me I don't like knocking the guy...He used to be one of my favorites...But when you're a pro athlete and making a ton of money...You owe it to that franchise to always work on your game....I know Troy has his own beliefs and what not.....But somebody has to say Troy its not working....Look at the tapes you're not even close to the player you once were...That was only 2-3 seasons ago....lol Noway he should be in the decline...He should still be in his prime...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac-JYp25Bx0

Look how huge he is in this clip. He is like another linebacker. He needs to give up the Karate Kid zen **** and put on some muscle. He has been doing it for a few years now, so it's not like it's a new thing. They are paying him way too much money for him to be retarded like that.

I agree with you 100% dude. Oh and I know all about how it is when you talk **** on a popular player...lol.

As far as Smith goes, the kid is going to be amazing, and you know that Douche and 85are scared shitless of him.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-11-2007, 07:07 PM
Oh I like Anthony Smith a ton Tee, I just don't think he is at the beast level yet......But he will be there by next year or in 09 for sure....With Troy he needs to start lifting weights again soon...Plus get nasty.......Troy reminds of Pedro Cerano in Major League II right now......If you're familiar with the Major League movies then you know what I'm talking about.......

DIESELMAN
12-11-2007, 07:35 PM
Troy reminds of Pedro Cerano in Major League II right now......If you're familiar with the Major League movies then you know what I'm talking about.......

Bring on the chickens and incense. :lol:

yinzer
12-11-2007, 08:53 PM
forget anthony smith. we have another problem. aaron smith is out for the season!!! what's next? this is ridiculous!

[AutoMerged Post Below]

Troy hanging out on the sidelines just chillin seemed to irk me a bit too. Now granted we didn't have a camera angle on him the entire game so we don't know for sure what he was doing at all times but it did seem that everytime the camera was on him that he was just hanging out instead of firing up the troops, helping the safeties to see what he could see on the sidelines, etc.

I can remember when Lloyd tore his ACL he was on the sidelines in crutches screaming and cheering on the players. That's what I want to see Troy do. I hate to judge a player when we don't know all the facts but from what I saw when they did show him it wasn't what I was hoping to see.

that was bull!! i saw troy doing that crap too!! i know troy is a soft-spoken Christian. you know what, though? in order to be a dangerous safety, there has to be some level of wanting to take somebody's head off! it's not a sin to be a passionate football player. nobody is asking him to blaspheme on the field.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

You guys all need to get the **** over it. I love hearing him talk shiat. If at first you don't succeed try try again. Like K Train said, what do you want him to say when asked, "we are going to get our asses kicked if we play them again."?

A bunch of hypocrites is what you are, all I have heard since April is we need another Joey Porter, when someone steps up and talks a little shiat, you're pissed because it's not Joey Porter. Let's remember one thing, Porter IS washed up, his team is 0 - 13.

joey is washed up. i don't think HE realizes it yet. i, personally don't see anything wrong with what anthony smith said. in his mind, he felt that he could bring something to the table and represent being a stillers safety. i also feel that he was too aggressive and anxious when he got smoked on those 2 long pass plays. he was probably licking his chops the whole game, ready to light somebody up. he got caught up in the moment and got toasted. rookie mistake. i don't see that happening too often in the future. we have to remember that these guys are in the nfl because they are the best of the best. one game is not going to show us what kind of safety he is. the majority of us were on the anthony smith bandwagon when he was lighting up t.j. how'syourmamadoin. now, we want to burn him at the steak. come on, people. the stillers will be fine. anthony smith will be fine. i am looking forward to going back to heinz field and taking on the kittens. who's with me???!!!!!!!!! i love stiller football!!!!

SteelerFan87
12-11-2007, 09:44 PM
In regards to Troy, he's a very quiet guy. He's never going to be the kind of guy who will run around on the sideline yelling and cheering his teammates on. That's just not his personality. He's quiet. To compare him to Greg Lloyd is about the worst comparison you could make. :lol: They are polar opposites, personality wise.

As for the fact that he doesn't believe in lifting weights, he never has. It's not like he used to lift, and now all of a sudden he doesn't, and it's not like he doesn't work out. He doesn't use weights, because he believes all that does is make you bulk up, whereas he's looking for speed, flexibility, and athleticism, not big bulging muscles. I know he has his own method of working out, that doesn't use weights, but I don't know exactly what it is. But he's been doing it for as long as he's been a Steeler, and probably before that.

K Train
12-11-2007, 10:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac-JYp25Bx0

Look how huge he is in this clip. He is like another linebacker. He needs to give up the Karate Kid zen shiat and put on some muscle. He has been doing it for a few years now, so it's not like it's a new thing. They are paying him way too much money for him to be retarded like that.

I agree with you 100% dude. Oh and I know all about how it is when you talk shiat on a popular player...lol.

As far as Smith goes, the kid is going to be amazing, and you know that Douche and 85are scared shiatless of him.

hey **** you thats my clip lol

K Train
12-11-2007, 10:28 PM
In regards to Troy, he's a very quiet guy. He's never going to be the kind of guy who will run around on the sideline yelling and cheering his teammates on. That's just not his personality. He's quiet. To compare him to Greg Lloyd is about the worst comparison you could make. :lol: They are polar opposites, personality wise.

As for the fact that he doesn't believe in lifting weights, he never has. It's not like he used to lift, and now all of a sudden he doesn't, and it's not like he doesn't work out. He doesn't use weights, because he believes all that does is make you bulk up, whereas he's looking for speed, flexibility, and athleticism, not big bulging muscles. I know he has his own method of working out, that doesn't use weights, but I don't know exactly what it is. But he's been doing it for as long as he's been a Steeler, and probably before that.

lol the dude put up 405 at the usc pro day

floodcitygirl
12-11-2007, 10:34 PM

As for the fact that he doesn't believe in lifting weights, he never has. It's not like he used to lift, and now all of a sudden he doesn't, and it's not like he doesn't work out. He doesn't use weights, because he believes all that does is make you bulk up, whereas he's looking for speed, flexibility, and athleticism, not big bulging muscles. I know he has his own method of working out, that doesn't use weights, but I don't know exactly what it is. But he's been doing it for as long as he's been a Steeler, and probably before that.I have loved Troy as a Steeler...my favorite player. I appreciate the humility and toughness that you spoke about here. If he never lifted weights, what do you attribute the obvious loss of mass to?

K Train
12-11-2007, 10:37 PM
he lifted weights lol, you dot bench 405 by not lifting weights...most people cant bench 405 with lifting weights

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2007, 10:39 PM
Im not comparing Troy to Greg Lloyd, Im just making a comparison that Lloyd atleast was over helping his teammates, cheering them on, giving them advice, etc. I don't care if Troy jumps up and down like a mad man or not but atleast do something besides standing there like a statue during the game.

Iron City South
12-11-2007, 11:04 PM
In regards to Troy, he's a very quiet guy.
As for the fact that he doesn't believe in lifting weights, he never has. It's not like he used to lift, and now all of a sudden he doesn't, and it's not like he doesn't work out.

You're not only wrong, you're dead wrong. I followed Pola when he was still a senior at USC and he already had the rap of being a workout and game-study machine. His pro-day results were as impressive as they come. He's was known for an amazing squat for his size .... nearly 600 lbs and his bench was just over 400 lbs if my memory serves me correct.

Polamalu isn't lacking physically. Although he may be an inch or so short (5-foot-10 1/8, 212) for the prototypical strong safety, his 4.35 40 time, 43.5-inch vertical jump and 25 reps on the bench more than compensated in the predraft testing arena.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/s/2003/0609/1565400.html

This was the guy I remember at 212 lbs of muscle, not that little 197lb stick figure zen master that walks around on the sideline now.

http://www.post-gazette.com/images2/20030425polamalu_230.jpg

SteelerFan87
12-11-2007, 11:12 PM
lol I'm not saying the man has never lifted weights, I'm saying he's never wanted to. He doesn't believe in it. The only reason he ever lifted weights is the same reason he ever cut his hair, because his coaches at USC told him to.

K Train
12-11-2007, 11:17 PM
lol I'm not saying the man has never lifted weights, I'm saying he's never wanted to. He doesn't believe in it. The only reason he ever lifted weights is the same reason he ever cut his hair, because his coaches at USC told him to.

coaches at USC knew what was up then...thats what our guys should do, you know, make a professional athlete get to adaquate size

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2007, 11:26 PM
Possibly in his quest to find or continue to develop inner peace he has neglected the "outer piece" that we all want him to get back to. It's all about balance in your personal and professional life and it's very easy to get out of balance if you're not careful. I expect Troy will get back on track, I have no doubt of that but this year is basically tanked due to all the injuries he's been through.

TEEMONT
12-12-2007, 12:25 AM
My boy Porter? Seems you're the one swinging from his sack not me bro!

F, this forum, and F you man, the shiat talking is GAY and makes us look stupid. Gurantee a win against the Jets, AZ, Broncos, then actually do it. Don't do it against the team that can use it against you and destroy you with it.

OUT!

lol...I missed this earlier...holy butt hurt.

Steelersfan
12-12-2007, 01:10 AM
lol...I missed this earlier...holy butt hurt.

I always knew there was something wrong with you Tee! Now we know......:greengrin:

You guys are all too hard on each other!

Smith opens mouth.
Smith gets made to look like a fool.
Smith BETTER have learned a lesson from this and be a better player for it.

Talk all the crap you want but you best be sure to show up for the game! :banging:

Besides, if we needed a second year player to run his mouth in order to get up for that game something is wrong. Our team should of been fired up and ready to go period!

DIESELMAN
12-12-2007, 01:49 AM
Besides, if we needed a second year player to run his mouth in order to get up for that game something is wrong. Our team should of been fired up and ready to go period!
Yeah they should have been and likewise if the "guarantee" is what NE needed to get up for the game then I can't wait to see them in the playoffs.

Steelersfan
12-12-2007, 02:00 AM
Yeah they should have been and likewise if the "guarantee" is what NE needed to get up for the game then I can't wait to see them in the playoffs.

I don't think it was. I think they came out and basically played the way they have all year to be honest. But once they made a fool of Smith I'm sure it was too hard to not rub it in. Smith was trying so hard to make plays and hit someone he took himself right out of the game.
I'd have liked to see the Steelers say nothing and just let it build all week. Then start this game with a passion! Something I haven't really seen from this team since the SB run. The Ravens game was like that a little.
This team just seems to lack any leadership right now. Someone (Ward!, Ben!) needs to step up and take control of this team!

SteelerFan87
12-12-2007, 02:11 AM
Yeah, the Pats shouldn't need a guarantee to get motivated. They should be motivated just by the fact that they're football players, and this is a football game.

But you know it was on their minds. Just look at their reactions during and after the game. You have Belichick and Brady calling out Smith, Harrison talking about how much he loves the sausage (lol, seriously, he compared Smith's guarantee to extra sausage on a pizza, and said that he loves sausage. Maybe he and Palmer can get together? :lol: ) And that's why the Patriots are cowards. That's right, cowards. They're pussies. Any pussy can talk ****, and call people out, after they win and the game is over and the other team can't do anything about it. It takes balls to say what you're going to do before the game, and then go out and back it up on the field. The Pats don't say anything before the game. They asked Brady about the guarantee before the game, and he was just like "that's good, I hope he's confident", but based on what he and Belichick said after the game, you know they were thinking those things before the game too. Why hide it? Why pretend to respect your opponent before the game, so that you don't have to back up your opinions on the field, and then talk **** after the game when it's over and your opponent doesn't have an opportunity to make you eat your words? Pure cowardice. Brady, Belichick, and the Pats are the kind of guys that would never get into a real fight, but would wait until the other guy went down, and then kick him while he's down and they don't have to worry about him getting up and kicking their pathetic, cowardly, asses.

Steelersfan
12-12-2007, 02:19 AM
Well to be honest, I have played sports my whole life and have never been one to talk shiat or anything. I go out, play my game no matter what sport and do my best to win, period.
With that being said, if someone on another team said that about my team I would do the same thing as the Pats did. I would say "good for him", etc, etc. But would be the first to rub it in their face when we won.....lol Not the whole other team. But that one person would get it for sure!
That's just me though. I don't really care how good a player or team is suppose to be. Anyone can be beat on any given day and I've been on both sides of that at times.

Iron City South
12-12-2007, 12:54 PM
I've played sports as well, there are times that I have talked **** and backed it up and there have been times I talked **** and had my *** handed to me in a Happy Meal.

I prefer the former .... :helmet:

Other teams can deny listening to it, but in reality they want nothing more than to serve you some ****-sandwich

SteelerFan87
12-12-2007, 01:04 PM
But the Pats don't talk ****. They're above that kind of stuff. They're so classy. Until they win, and then the **** starts flying so much it would make Joey Porter blush.

They pretend to respect their opponents, when in reality they're just waiting for the game to be over so they can talk **** and not have to worry about backing it up.

Steelersfan
12-12-2007, 01:24 PM
That's why everyone hates the Pats now because they are backing up their ****.....lol
I just hope like hell they don't go undefeated!!!!!!:banging:

BR7
12-12-2007, 01:51 PM
I hope they do go undefeated.. then get the one loss that matters.. in the playoffs.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2007, 02:05 PM
They're afraid of creating bulletin board material themselves, plus they want to look like the victims of all the " punk trash talking" by other players so they can say they took the high road and then if they win they can call everybody out after the fact and if they lose then they can just run and hide. I may not like anybody guaranteeing a win, at all because there are too many variables that can happen in a game to alter the course of the outcome but at the same time he's young, confident, and you live and learn. Guarantee or not he still would have gotten torched on sunday and if he learns from it and it makes him a better player then so be it. Hopefully he gets his chance again in the playoffs to redeem himself.

SteelerFan87
12-12-2007, 02:07 PM
Right on !

they're afraid of creating bulletin board material themselves, plus they want to look like the victims of all the " punk trash talking" by other players so they can say they took the high road and then if they win they can call everybody out after the fact and if they lose then they can just run and hide.

Exactly. Have you seen Belichick after a loss? He just scurries off the field after the game as quickly as possible, and then cuts his press conference as short as he can.

TheButt
12-13-2007, 09:49 PM
But you know it was on their minds. Just look at their reactions during and after the game. You have Belichick and Brady calling out Smith, Harrison talking about how much he loves the sausage (lol, seriously, he compared Smith's guarantee to extra sausage on a pizza, and said that he loves sausage. Maybe he and Palmer can get together? :lol: ) And that's why the Patriots are cowards. That's right, cowards. They're pussies. Any pussy can talk shiat, and call people out, after they win and the game is over and the other team can't do anything about it. It takes balls to say what you're going to do before the game, and then go out and back it up on the field. The Pats don't say anything before the game. They asked Brady about the guarantee before the game, and he was just like "that's good, I hope he's confident", but based on what he and Belichick said after the game, you know they were thinking those things before the game too. Why hide it? Why pretend to respect your opponent before the game, so that you don't have to back up your opinions on the field, and then talk shiat after the game when it's over and your opponent doesn't have an opportunity to make you eat your words? Pure cowardice. Brady, Belichick, and the Pats are the kind of guys that would never get into a real fight, but would wait until the other guy went down, and then kick him while he's down and they don't have to worry about him getting up and kicking their pathetic, cowardly, asses.

Funny when I spouted off just like you, my rant was deleted and sent to a forum in which I cannot even access.....hmmmmm.

But Im feelin ya bro.... F dem mofos.

Classless bastards.

floodcitygirl
12-14-2007, 12:29 AM
So was it deleted or just sent to another forum? If it was sent to another forum that you haven't been able to access, have you asked to access it? I only know of 2 forums here like that and all you have to do to be able to view them is just ask for access. :bigthumb:

TheButt
12-14-2007, 08:33 PM
Why Thankyou....

$teeler$guy
12-14-2007, 08:45 PM
he talks alot but don't walk it out