PDA

View Full Version : Parker

ARKIESTEEL
12-10-2007, 11:25 AM
FWP seemed to run the ball real well in this game! I was glad to see him get back to form. I know there is alot of folks that dont like him too well but he is racking up some yards. I really expect big #'s out of him in the up coming rams game playing indoors on turf.

Just thought I would add something good instead of just looking at the bad

Prosdo
12-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Willie played a good game. A good rebound from the Cincy game.

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Hopefully the field has had a chance to settle down and we don't get any rain later in the week. We don't have the luxury of having a back that can only run inside out of the weather.

AZ_Steeler
12-10-2007, 11:36 AM
Parkers performance was a breath of fresh air... not only did he get a lot of yards he did it on the road. I was a little disappointed though that they didn't keep feeding it to him because we quite effective.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-10-2007, 11:39 AM
See that's what happens when we have a playing surface that is something other than a damn swamp ! Our team is not the smash mouth, mud, blood, and guts of old..this is a team that is built with not only the toughness of Hines Ward and Big Ben but also around the speed of FWP, Santonio, Nate and the rest of our WR's that can run fast. We used to never have fast guys at WR or RB. Now we do and it takes playing on somebody else's field for us to have a good game running the ball.

Congrats to FWP he was a bright spot yesterday and definitely redeemed himself.

BlackGold4vr
12-10-2007, 12:45 PM
FWP seemed to run the ball real well in this game! I was glad to see him get back to form. I know there is alot of folks that dont like him too well but he is racking up some yards. I really expect big #'s out of him in the up coming rams game playing indoors on turf.

Just thought I would add something good instead of just looking at the bad

I believe he could have a lot more performances just like this one if he didn't play on the worst field in the NFL. Playing in the slippery bog that we call Heinz field negates Willie's speed. On field turf Willie would have another 3 to 400 yards easy! Willie on our field is like putting a NHRA funny car on an ice skating rink and expecting it to get some traction. Our field negates the speed we have that should be an advantage in a lot of games. :yesnod:

Ambridge
12-10-2007, 01:30 PM
It was nice to see Willie have a good game and hopefully he can have another strong day against a stingy Jags defense next week.

yinzer
12-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Willie played great! I'm proud of him! He has to keep this momentum for next week.

SteelCityPride08
12-10-2007, 01:42 PM
Yup Willie played a good game. He promised that little kid he wasn't going to wear those arms sleeves anymore, he didnt, and he played a good game. He leads the league with 1,217 yards and average yards per gain with 23.5. He only has 2 touchdowns to show for it but thats ok.

Koopa
12-10-2007, 02:34 PM
willie played alright, willis mcgahee tore em up too, so i can't put to much stock into last night

also, if we had beautiful field turf just like the pats i think willie could do more of that at home late in the season

and next week parker will get 30 yards on 40 carries

black an gold 4 life
12-10-2007, 11:08 PM
the jags r gonna blitz us like they did last year,we have 2 bring back the screen pass arians..............an step up our blocking we have 2 win 2 out of our next three games 2 win the divison............

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2007, 12:26 PM
The jags are very tough to run against and they always seem to get up for playing us so Parker will be a big factor in this game for us to keep the pass rush off Ben. If Willie can't run then they'll just tee off and blitz like crazy to get to the QB.