PDA

View Full Version : Better get our minds on the Jags

ARKIESTEEL
12-10-2007, 10:16 AM
We need to shake this one off and get our mind set on just winning the AFCN.

To do that we need to win a couple more games and the Jags aint no joke. **** on the pats that game is now history we have 3 more to play and need to win all of them to stay in the hunt for a bye week.

StlersGuy
12-10-2007, 10:17 AM
I think we will be more then ready for the jag's

LatrobePA
12-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Look at what happened to the Bungles after they got it handed to them by the pats....Downhill from there.

I too hope we can rebound and win out the rest of the season.

StlersGuy
12-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Look at what happened to the Bungles after they got it handed to them by the pats....Downhill from there.

last I checked we are the STEELERS and not the BUNGALS :scratch: and we will be ready for the jag's.

BlackGold4vr
12-10-2007, 10:23 AM
We need to shake this one off and get our mind set on just winning the AFCN.

To do that we need to win a couple more games and the Jags aint no joke. **** on the pats that game is now history we have 3 more to play and need to win all of them to stay in the hunt for a bye week.

I believe the bye week is a foregone conclusion. We will be playing on wildcard weekend, the question is now will we host a game or have to travel?

This weeks game is an important one because it pits us against a similar team to ourselves. The Jags are also a smash mouth running football team with a strong defense. We need a win against a good team to inject some confidense into this team before we head into the playoffs. :yesnod:

DIESELMAN
12-10-2007, 10:24 AM
We should be pissed the **** off right about now. If this *** whoopin doesn't leave a bad taste in our mouths and fires us up...nothin will. The Patsies are arrogant and they talked it during the game, our guys need to remember how bad we played and come out these last 3 games with a vengeance.

LatrobePA
12-10-2007, 10:26 AM
last I checked we are the STEELERS and not the BUNGALS :scratch: and we will be ready for the jag's.

We sure as hell played like the bengals yesterday!

I hope we show up...

yinzer
12-10-2007, 10:43 AM

---k the Bungels! If the Steelers feel anywhere close to how I feel about the Pats game right now, they will feed them their spoon! I'm furious about this loss!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-10-2007, 10:49 AM
We should be pissed the **** off right about now. If this *** whoopin doesn't leave a bad taste in our mouths and fires us up...nothin will. The Patsies are arrogant and they talked it during the game, our guys need to remember how bad we played and come out these last 3 games with a vengeance.

Right on, we need to come out and just completely dismantle the Jags and get back on the winning track. The Jags are no joke and they always give us fits, they are in the wildcard playoff scene as much as the clowns are. The Colts have already clinched the wildcard and can clinch the 2nd seed with a win next weekend I believe. We need to be focused on playing for the 3rd seed and getting that all important home game in the first round. If the colts falter and we continue to win then so be it but right now realistically we are looking at best, the 3rd seed.

This team knows it let a golden opportunity slip away yesterday and based on how we perform after a loss I'd say our chances are good this weekend but at the same time we better show up pissed off and ready to kick some serious *** but you can't let the Jags hang around and steal one from us.

LatrobePA
12-10-2007, 11:04 AM
What it looked like to me is the D just gave up the second half. They ended the game with NO FIRE. I'm worried that will carry into this weekend.

I agree, we need to come out PO'd and lay the wood.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-10-2007, 11:19 AM
We normally respond pretty good after a loss so if next weekend follows suit then we should win but the Jags are one of the tougher teams we play on our schedule so it's imperative that we get out on them early and stick it to them because if we don't it could be trouble.

Had we won yesterday I'd say we'd be prime for a letdown this coming weekend but based on our performance yesterday I would imagine we'll be nothing short of embarrassed and looking for revenge!

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Definitely embarrassed !! We need to go back to STEELERS football and take it one game at a time :tt02: All of the focus should be on the jags. Not the rams or ratbirds just the jags !! We are playing at home and that bodes well, but to even overlook them a little bit would be a huge mistake !!

AZ_Steeler
12-10-2007, 11:35 AM
I'v said this before and I'll say it again... Tomlin knows how to get this team to rebound after a loss. All of their wins following a loss have even been impressive. The only downfall with that is you don't get a second chance come playoffs so hopefully he can get them fired up for a run here soon!

StlersGuy
12-10-2007, 03:12 PM
I happen to feel sorry for the Jags... I mean would you want to face us after all we just lost a game we should have won and now we have something to prove.

Silverback 92
12-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Im glad we at least have the jags at Home !

steelcitysfinestXL
12-11-2007, 03:20 PM
I happen to feel sorry for the Jags... I mean would you want to face us after all we just lost a game we should have won and now we have something to prove.

Well, w/ Maurice Jones Drew, Fred (im not dead) Taylor, Gerrard, and the Front 7 they have on D... im sure you may be the only one feeling bad for this team... THEY ARE GONNA BE A TOUGH OUT!!!! If we dont form tackle both those dudes are capable of putting up HUNDO's on our D on the ground!! Jones-Drew runs posessed, Taylor is runnng like he did when he went for over 200 on us at home, and Gerrard has thrown only 1 maybe 2 INTS all year!!! (i know he missed time but he is still VERY smart with the ball) And last week against CAR... they found a passing game, Taylor had a 80 yards TD run, and their D played solid!!! We need to get back to stopping the run against a team that is gonna have more thna 9 attempts. With Jones, Wilford and Mercedes Lewis... our DBS better get ready to be physical or they will get bullied!!! This game will for sure test our D.

GoBenGo
12-11-2007, 03:25 PM
We will be ready for the Jag-offs. Always ready for these boys. Going to get those frusties out this week? or gonna let them fester?

TampaSteelGirl
12-11-2007, 03:40 PM
To simplify things...we better win! :tt02:

StlersGuy
12-11-2007, 04:11 PM
we will win :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2007, 09:28 PM
This is a huge game for Jax, they are looking so solidify that wildcard spot and possibly look to overtake Cleveland for a higher seed so you know they are going to be torqued up for this game so we better be ready for their best shot.

DIESELMAN
12-12-2007, 09:38 PM
we will win :tt02:

You guaranteeing that? :hilarious:

This is a huge game for Jax, they are looking so solidify that wildcard spot and possibly look to overtake Cleveland for a higher seed so you know they are going to be torqued up for this game so we better be ready for their best shot.

For them and for us, this is going to be a very physical game from the beginning to the end. Like steelcitysfinestXL said they're going to be a tough out. We need to come in, focused and prepared like we've ever been this year. Its going to be a war and our guys better BRING IT!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2007, 09:41 PM
The Jags don't have the weapons in the passing game like we do so we need to use that our advantage and score early and often and get up on them. If it becomes a grind it out close affair it could go either way.

DIESELMAN
12-12-2007, 10:18 PM
I'm really hoping Tomlin made the players watch the NE game tape every day...over and over again. We see the calm cool Tomlin in public, I wonder if he went the **** off on them behind closed doors or at least went off on Arians or at least did something that goes against his character to wake our guys up.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2007, 10:21 PM
He was displaying some emotion in the Pats game, I saw him pumping his fist and a few times I caught him saying WTF and running towards an official on some calls. I hope he called out everybody in the secondary in the meetings and challenged them and then called out everybody on the team and challenged them too, to step up and show what they're made of this weekend because lets face it, if we lose to the Jags and Cleveland wins we'll be in for a battle in a division that we should win outright.

Koopa
12-12-2007, 10:28 PM
He was displaying some emotion in the Pats game, I saw him pumping his fist and a few times I caught him saying WTF and running towards an official on some calls. I hope he called out everybody in the secondary in the meetings and challenged them and then called out everybody on the team and challenged them too, to step up and show what they're made of this weekend because lets face it, if we lose to the Jags and Cleveland wins we'll be in for a battle in a division that we should win outright.

he does that **** all the time, it's just the media has made him to be some monotone statue and everyone has pretty much believed it

SteelCityPride08
12-12-2007, 11:03 PM
don't worry, we'll beat the jags

if we don't beat the jags then this will still be a good first year for mike tomlin

steelersgal86
12-13-2007, 05:26 AM
To simplify things...we better win! :tt02:

:iagree: :tt02::tt02:

patriot774
12-13-2007, 09:21 AM
Steeler's = JV Football Team
Patriot's = NFL Dynasty

Jag 35
Steelers 10

ARKIESTEEL
12-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Patriot's = NFL Dynasty

Jag 35
Steelers 10

Shut up stupid.....

Pats 3 and 1 in super bowl

Steelers 5 and 1 in super bowl

Deal with it! When you think about the great teams the 49ers come to mind as do the Cowboys and the Steelers. The pats are not even on the rader yet.

floodcitygirl
12-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Patriot's = NFL Dynasty

Jag 35
Steelers 10Your team will have to be successful a few more times
before you can claim a Dynasty, junior. lol

steelcitysfinestXL
12-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Patriot's = NFL Dynasty

Jag 35
Steelers 10

WOW!!! If the Pats Dont win the SuperBowl mark my words ill be on their forum 4 hours a day for a month stright talking mad sh*t!!! Pats fans are a bunch of Co*k gobblers!!!

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
Nothing's guaranteed in NFL
ADVERTISEMENT

By Mike Bires
Published: Thursday, December 13, 2007 12:27 AM EST
PITTSBURGH — There will be no guarantees coming from any of the Steelers this week.

Not even free safety Anthony Smith will dare predict victory.

Smith learned a valuable lesson in humility on Sunday when he and the Steelers were trounced by the New England Patriots. In a game Smith guaranteed the Steelers would win, the red-hot Patriots rolled, 34-13.

This Sunday, the Steelers (9-4) return to Heinz Field and play another of the NFL’s better teams in the Jacksonville Jaguars (9-4).

In a game that could preview a wild-card match-up in the AFC playoffs, both teams could clinch a playoff berth with a win.
“We’re just trying to win our 10th game,” Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward said. “We’re not worrying about who’s behind us or who’s ahead of us and what seed (we might get). We’re just worried about the Jacksonville Jaguars.”

The Steelers, who lead the AFC North, should be worried about the Jaguars.

They have lost two straight to the Jaguars, 23-17 in overtime in Pittsburgh two years ago and 9-0 last year in Jacksonville.

Beyond that, Jacksonville seems to be peaking at the right time. They’ve won four of their last five games, including a 37-6 blowout over Carolina on Sunday. Their only loss in the past five weeks was a narrow 28-25 decision on the road against the AFC South-leading Indianapolis Colts (11-2).

“That’s a big, physical football team,” Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said of Jacksonville.

Offensively, the Jaguars are led by running back Fred Taylor, who’s tied for ninth in the NFL with 944 rushing yards, and quarterback David Garrard, whose 103.3 passer rating ranks second to only New England’s Tom Brady (123.5).

Defensively, the Jaguars are banged up. Defensive end Marcus Stroud was placed on the injured reserve list Monday with an ankle injury. Defensive end Reggie Hayward (groin) and middle linebacker Mike Peterson (broken hand) aren’t expected to play Sunday.

Still, the Jaguars have plenty of defensive firepower with tackle John Henderson and cornerback Rashean Mathis, who both played in the Pro Bowl last year.

“It’s all about getting back on the right track,” Ward said. “For us, it’s a home game. We’ve been playing pretty well at home.”

Yes, the Steelers do play well at home. They might only be 2-4 on the road, but they’re a perfect 7-0 at Heinz Field.

And when the Florida-based Jaguars show up Sunday, they’ll be greeted with typical chilly December temperatures on the North Shore.

“We’re pretty excited about that,” Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio said of the weather forecast. “We’re down here in 80 degree weather this week. So it will be a nice change. We look forward to going up there and competing in those elements. That’s part of football.

“We pride ourselves in being the type of team that can play in any type of weather and any type of conditions.”

“It’s going to be a slugfest,” Garrard said. “We wouldn’t want it any other way.”

[AutoMerged Post Below]
Im calling it now... if we win sunday

1. We hold 3rd place and host the 6th seed
2. The Brownies sneak in at the 6th and well play them at home in the AFCWCG
3. The Jags will take the Chargers in the other WCG and have to travel to still undefeated NE
4. The Jags knock them off !!!

LOL, One can only wish!!!