PDA

View Full Version : Are we over rated?

Stairwayto7
12-10-2007, 08:20 AM
I love the Steelers, LOVE the Steelers! But when you sit back and look at things with your head and not your heart, who have we beat? The browns! Big deal! The best team we`ve beat is the brownies, and they haven`t beat anybody with a winning record! We should have easily won 13 games if we were really good. There are very few really good teams this year, and a ton of terrible teams.
One other thing , since I`m venting, Tomlin was praised early on for his success, but a team that won the SuperBowl two years ago should be beating these weak teams. I jump on his bandwagon early, but now I think the jury is still out. I hate the play calling the past month or so. First down Willie is somewhat effective, second down not as much. But third down! He is terrible, we might as well punt if we continue to use Willie on third and short.

I`m pissed off right now, we can`t even lock up the AFCN and we`ve played some lousy teams. Now Jax up next, we needed wins over Den,Ar, or NYJ, teams that should have been beatable!

I want to make the playoffs, but we have alot of off season work this year.

Ambridge
12-10-2007, 08:31 AM
Honestly speaking the Steelers are a slightly better than average football team.

They've benefitted from early season success but the cracks and flaws are obvious.
A lot of factors have contributed: A new head coach who's still getting his feet wet, a new and questionable offensive coordinator who's taken the PHYSICAL aspect out of the typical Steeler attack, no "TOUGH GUY" LEADERSHIP from the players and no "TOUGH GUY" LEADERSHIP from the coaching staff.......this is one area where Bill Cowher is sorely missed.

BlackGold4vr
12-10-2007, 08:31 AM
I agree. We are not as good as our record indicates. We haven't beaten any good teams and we have lost to some horrible teams. We should be 12-1 or 11-2 at worst. We will more than likely win the AFCN, host a wildcard game, and bow out with a whimper against the Patriots or the Colts in the second round. The road to the superbowl for us would have us traveling through both Indianapolis and Foxboro. I can't see us winning in either place and most certainly not in both. Anything can happen and I will still enjoy the ride regardless of how far it takes us.

StlersGuy
12-10-2007, 08:32 AM
I went into yesterday hoping we lost this game, because come the playoff's beating them in there own house will be alot better then doing so in the reg season...

Stairwayto7
12-10-2007, 08:38 AM
I went into yesterday hoping we lost this game, because come the playoff's beating them in there own house will be alot better then doing so in the reg season...

If we lost by a close margin, then we can make adjustments for a future meeting. But when you get your *** handed to you, there is so much to work on. Besides we are not a lock for the playoffs, and if we do host a wildcard team, it may be cleve or Jax, no easy task!

StlersGuy
12-10-2007, 08:40 AM
Ok I agree yeh we looked bad yesterday and yes JAX will be no easy task, however I think we can win that game and I look for us to come out ready to play.

This game to me will show me if we are ready for the playoff's or not and they need to come out and play like it is a playoff game.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-10-2007, 09:07 AM
We played 30 minutes of football yesterday, had we played 60 minutes we could have won that game. It wasn't a blow out until the 4th quarter so it's not like we couldn't hang with them, we just fell apart at the wrongs times yesterday. I still say this team can play with anyone in the league but at the same time Tomlin has areas that need addressed this offseason, that much is clear. Not wholesale changes, we have most of the cogs in place but things do need tweaked at certain areas of this team.

If we didn't have this 3rd place AFCN schedule this year I wonder what our record would have been...perhaps this team still has some Cowher left in them because they looked awfully undisciplined yesterday at times.

Iron City South
12-10-2007, 09:09 AM
Honestly speaking the Steelers are a slightly better than average football team.

They've benefitted from early season success but the cracks and flaws are obvious.

A lot of factors have contributed: A new head coach who's still getting his feet wet, a new and questionable offensive coordinator who's taken the PHYSICAL aspect out of the typical Steeler attack, no "TOUGH GUY" LEADERSHIP from the players and no "TOUGH GUY" LEADERSHIP from the coaching staff.......this is one area where Bill Cowher is sorely missed.

+1 :bigthumb:

DIESELMAN
12-10-2007, 09:09 AM
First off I have a lot of faith, trust, love in the Pittsburgh Steelers, they are my team and I bleed Black and Gold for life. Realistically speaking, does anyone really think we can go to the playoffs and win on the road when we have to with a 1st year HC? Granted we are 9-4, mostly because we have a talented football team but we've got a long ways to go to compete with a team like the Patsies. I'm not hating on Tomlin but he has a lot to figure out to get this team in line for another championship run. He proved last nite (twice) hes got the balls to make gutsy calls, but until he gets a few more of "his" drafts under his belt, builds the OL the way he wants it and actually puts his signature on this team, all I am hoping for is a true Steelers effort in every game from here on out. Win or lose, go out there and play hard for 60 minutes, with no quitting, no sad faces cuz we're losing, a 100% effort every game. Its great he's letting his coaches coach and who's to say he doesn't step in when he needs to cuz things aren't going the way he wants it to, but thats what he needs to do, especially with our O, starting with Arians and working his way through each skill position and get them where he wants them. Thats going to take time but he is off to a good start, whether we lost to the Pats or not. We can't expect everything Tomlin wants to do to, to happen in his very first year.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-10-2007, 09:14 AM
I think what's disheartening for me the most is, Tom...is that we used to be road warriors under Cowher. We thrived on the road, the whole us against the world mentality. We relished going into somebody's house and taking care of business but this year we are a total 180 degree switch from that. We can't win on the road and unless you've got the top seed (which would prove you can win on the road anyways) you're not going to do much when it counts.

DIESELMAN
12-10-2007, 09:24 AM
Yeah but it took 15 years for Cowher to get the Steelers the way he wanted them, granted not everything took 15 years but what I'm sayin is this is Tomlin's first year. All this year we've also been battling an identity crisis, who are we? Tomlin is a smart guy and he's got football smarts, I'd say in 2-3 years, we will be the dominant force in the NFL.

Iron City South
12-10-2007, 09:24 AM
First off I have a lot of faith, trust, love in the Pittsburgh Steelers, they are my team and I bleed Black and Gold for life. Realistically speaking, does anyone really think we can go to the playoffs and win on the road when we have to with a 1st year HC?

No, but I am looking forward to good egg nog for Christmas. :xmascheer:

Its great he's letting his coaches coach and who's to say he doesn't step in when he needs to cuz things aren't going the way he wants it to, but thats what he needs to do, especially with our O, starting with Arians and working his way through each skill position and get them where he wants them.

Arians needs to move on with his life's work. He was not the answer in Cleveland (which is why he was let go) and is not the answer in Pittsburgh. :yesnod:

DIESELMAN
12-10-2007, 09:28 AM
Arians needs to move on with his life's work. He was not the answer in Cleveland (which is why he was let go) and is not the answer in Pittsburgh. :yesnod:
I agree, Arians needs to be replaced, his play calling is below average considering the talent we have on offense. I'm sure Tomlin is regretting that move right about now, hell Tomlin knows defense not offense, I say Arians was recommended by someone higher up the organization. Tomlin is the type of guy who learns his lessons and remembers them very well.

Iron City South
12-10-2007, 09:36 AM
If Chan Gailey showed he were interested in the Steelers OC job, I would not only help Arians pack, I would shovel his driveway, warm his car up, fill it with gas, give him spending money, and drive him to whereever he wanted to go .... outside of Pittsburgh.

LatrobePA
12-10-2007, 09:37 AM
If Chan Gailey showed he were interested in the Steelers OC job, I would not only help Arians pack, I would shovel his driveway, warm his car up, fill it with gas, give him spending money, and drive him to whereever he wanted to go .... outside of Pittsburgh.

LMAO!!!

Great stuff...

Stairwayto7
12-10-2007, 09:42 AM

Funny!

StlersGuy
12-10-2007, 09:44 AM

:yesnod::hilarious:

dick rasile
12-10-2007, 09:56 AM

Thanks to Warner Cable I was forced to watch the Browns/Jets game and for the life of me I can't see how the Jets beat the Steelers.
Oh well, **** happens.
The only good thing that happened this weekend was my hometown Mount Union Purple Raiders won and will be in the Stagg bowl Saturday for a chance to win their third repeat Div. 3 national championship. Watch them on ESPN, I think they are the best football team I ever watched play.

Blitzburghpete
12-10-2007, 09:58 AM
This is probably gonna come out wrong as i am as my avitar says i'm " brooding " over the loss last night, but come on people!!! are we over rated..

F@%K NOOOOOOO.

Even the high and almighty Pats have their weaknesses, just like we do so stop writing us off for our "few" weaknesses, and can't beat good teams. Were top of the division and 9-4 for craps sake, that doesn;t just happen by accident!!

Lets face it we only need our team to click with the coaches in the next couple of games and suddenly you'll all be saying different things!

Let me put it this way, 2 years ago some team sneaked into the playoff's, as the lowest ranked afc, played in everyone elses house and won the Superbowl.

Remind me who was that then? Make the playoffs and anything can happen.

Some things to think about re the Pats,

Brady/Moss gets injured? different team
They have appaling weather and have to use a run game!!
The best team in the regualr season doesn't guarentee a superbowl..

ahem Ben's rookie year with a league best 15 - 1, and nada!

Have some faith people!!! Come on!!!!

GO STEELERS!!!

again i apologize if any of this offends anyone, but my feelings are very raw so needed a rant.

SteelCityPride08
12-10-2007, 10:24 AM
No we'll win our division, even if we do happen to loose to Jacksonville we should win the rest of our games and be on top of the AFC North.

Iron City South
12-10-2007, 10:29 AM
come on people!!! are we over rated..

F@%K NOOOOOOO.

Even the high and almighty Pats have their weaknesses, just like we do so stop writing us off for our "few" weaknesses, and can't beat good teams. Were top of the division and 9-4 for craps sake, that doesn;t just happen by accident!!

Lets face it we only need our team to click with the coaches in the next couple of games and suddenly you'll all be saying different things!

Let me put it this way, 2 years ago some team sneaked into the playoff's, as the lowest ranked afc, played in everyone elses house and won the Superbowl.

Remind me who was that then? Make the playoffs and anything can happen.

Have some faith people!!! Come on!!!!

GO STEELERS!!!

There's no place like home ... there's no place like home.

http://www.rainbowenterprises.com/WizofOzPictures/2062200.jpg

http://images.footballfanatics.com/productImages/_154000/FF_154265_s.jpg

DIESELMAN
12-10-2007, 10:38 AM
No we're not over rated but we have some serious issues, mainly the offensive play calling. ARIANS MUST GO!!!!! 0-3 in redzone efficiency and we lost by 21!! 5/14 3rd down efficiency!!! It wasn't the Patsies D that stopped us it was our lousy ****ing play calling. We went for 2 4th and shorts with Dookie getting them, so someone please explain a 4th and goal and we do a ****ing empty backfield end around. WTF!!!! ARIANS MUST ****ING GO!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-10-2007, 10:52 AM
No we're not over rated but we have some serious issues, mainly the offensive play calling. ARIANS MUST GO!!!!! 0-3 in redzone efficiency and we lost by 21!! 5/14 3rd down efficiency!!! It wasn't the Patsies D that stopped us it was our lousy ****ing play calling. We went for 2 4th and shorts with Dookie getting them, so someone please explain a 4th and goal and we do a ****ing empty backfield end around. WTF!!!! ARIANS MUST ****ING GO!!!!!

From the Post Gazette today...

"We didn't convert down there and get enough points," Arians said. "Even if you're first-and-8 or first-and-9, you have to get it in. When you don't score points, those things kill you."

In the end, the Steelers managed just three points on three drives that ventured inside the Patriots' 20. Two of those came in the second half when, trailing, 31-13, the Steelers failed to score after having first-and-goal at the Patriots' 8 and first-and-10 at the Patriots' 19.

Arians accepted the blame in each situation: He called a play the Steelers use for a 2-point conversion -- a handoff to Ward -- on fourth-and-goal from the 1; and didn't get out of the no-huddle attack and take more time when the Steelers got to the 19.

"There's a couple of those I'd like to get back," Arians said. "I should have gone into the goal-line offense instead of staying in the hurry-up on third and fourth down."

better late than never, huh Bruce? :nonod:

yinzer
12-10-2007, 10:52 AM
I love the Steelers, LOVE the Steelers! But when you sit back and look at things with your head and not your heart, who have we beat? The browns! Big deal! The best team we`ve beat is the brownies, and they haven`t beat anybody with a winning record! We should have easily won 13 games if we were really good. There are very few really good teams this year, and a ton of terrible teams.
One other thing , since I`m venting, Tomlin was praised early on for his success, but a team that won the SuperBowl two years ago should be beating these weak teams. I jump on his bandwagon early, but now I think the jury is still out. I hate the play calling the past month or so. First down Willie is somewhat effective, second down not as much. But third down! He is terrible, we might as well punt if we continue to use Willie on third and short.

I`m pissed off right now, we can`t even lock up the AFCN and we`ve played some lousy teams. Now Jax up next, we needed wins over Den,Ar, or NYJ, teams that should have been beatable!

I want to make the playoffs, but we have alot of off season work this year.

I agree 1000000000000000000000000%, Cleve. The biggest problem that I've had is the play calling. Can't someone else in the organization see this happening and do something about it??!! A few series last night, we ran on first, second, and third downs. Heck, I don't see how hard it is to be a defensive coordinator when you play the Steelers. Their so friggin predictable. I know we all know that. Why aren't WE taking shots down field??!! Ben has the arm to do it. Santonio is fast as hell. At least we can draw a pass interference or something, right?!! Does everybody remember what happened the last time we took some shots down the field? We beat the crap out of the Ratbirds!! Maybe we should start recruiting some die hard Stiller fans to be Offensive Coordinator. At least a die harder would have some friggin passion.

Prosdo
12-10-2007, 11:01 AM
I think the Steelers are not playing up to their potential to be quite honest. On Sunday I have to question a lot of the play calling. The first half was great. Very aggressive attack. The second half the play calling was horrible. I also think the secondary played very undisciplined. They bit on a lot of fakes and were not playing smart football.

yinzer
12-10-2007, 11:01 AM
does anyone think bruce arian reads these thread? man, i hope so.

StlersGuy
12-10-2007, 11:02 AM
:yesnod:

Stairwayto7
12-10-2007, 11:05 AM

Lets start a petition and send it to him

yinzer
12-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Lets start a petition and send it to him

I'll get the address:lol::lol:

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-10-2007, 11:20 AM
It really doesn't matter what we think. Hopefully Tomlin is questioning his choice for OC. I mean after all you have a new head coach who doesn't want to come in and make wholesale changes. Now he has had a chance to evaluate the staff more. If he had come in and changed everything, would we be where we are now? Nobody knows. Ben has stated his love for Arians offense and allowing him more control.
Tomlin came into a good situation, but now he has to make it his team. Hopefully he has a different choice in mind for OC that will make better use of the talent we have.

Prosdo
12-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Honestly I think we will be seeing an new OC next season atleast I hope.

DIESELMAN
12-10-2007, 11:32 AM
Well if he does, I got something for him :bigfinger:first time I've used that on this site and well deserved. C'mon Bruce what are you thinking...pull your head outta your *** for at least these next 3 games and hopefully the playoffs. While your at it, update your resume cuz hopefully you're going to need it.

AZ_Steeler
12-10-2007, 11:33 AM
I don't think the Steelers are over rated. This was a big clash between two great teams one showed up for the entire game and the other showed up for the first half.

Stairwayto7
12-10-2007, 12:05 PM
I don't think the Steelers are over rated. This was a big clash between two great teams one showed up for the entire game and the other showed up for the first half.

Fair enough, but who have we beat?

AZ_Steeler
12-10-2007, 12:09 PM
Fair enough, but who have we beat?

9 other teams! :D After seeing what the Pats did yesterday it's hard to feel pissed about the loss. The Pats have done that to practically everyone they have played this year. The Steelers win don't look impressive but they must be doing something right to have 9 wins. :dunno:

Iron City South
12-10-2007, 12:30 PM
9 other teams! :D After seeing what the Pats did yesterday it's hard to feel pissed about the loss. The Pats have done that to practically everyone they have played this year. The Steelers win don't look impressive but they must be doing something right to have 9 wins. :dunno:

The problem with playing "the Pats are just superior" card is that .... as a competitor ... you're admitting your own inferiority. You might as well have our players manning the stadium concession stands and forfeit the game in lieu of a battle of the bands contest.

Our job as a team is to compete and be the best ... nothing else, ........be the best. Not introduce others as such ....

Dako
12-10-2007, 12:31 PM
No, we are not overrated. But, at the same time, we are not on the same level as the Patriots.

Stairwayto7
12-10-2007, 12:50 PM

I guess my problem is, can we beat a good team?

Greygrizzly
12-10-2007, 01:58 PM
I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with me but I don't think that our on the field personel are over rated. but I do think that the supposed brain trust is way over rated. The Steelers are never going to beat the top AFC teams with the kind of thinking that Arians and Tomlin have shown. They just aren't inovative enough. Our best hope is that belichick retires.

yinzer
12-10-2007, 02:20 PM
who is directly responsible for hiring the O.C? is it tomlin alone?

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

Thanks to Warner Cable I was forced to watch the Browns/Jets game and for the life of me I can't see how the Jets beat the Steelers.
Oh well, shiat happens.
The only good thing that happened this weekend was my hometown Mount Union Purple Raiders won and will be in the Stagg bowl Saturday for a chance to win their third repeat Div. 3 national championship. Watch them on ESPN, I think they are the best football team I ever watched play.

Browns/Jets? that sucks! i had a good friend that went to mount union. i also attended a jack lambert football camp there when i was young too! good luck on saturday!

[AutoMerged Post Below]
it HAS to be the coaches and staff! that's it! we have the talent and everybody knows it. the guys just aren't being utilized properly. let ben throw when he wants to throw. everybody is expecting us to run. i read an article this past week about ben possibly being gun shy. that's exactly what happened in the pats game. i don't want him to ever leave pittsburgh but somebody will offer to pay him what he deserves and will utilize him the way he should be. hopefully it's the steelers.:2cents:

Iron City South
12-10-2007, 03:43 PM
I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with me but I don't think that our on the field personel are over rated. but I do think that the supposed brain trust is way over rated. The Steelers are never going to beat the top AFC teams with the kind of thinking that Arians and Tomlin have shown. They just aren't inovative enough. Our best hope is that belichick retires.

I can't see Arians being part of Tomlin's staff next year ..... I just can't.

Koopa
12-10-2007, 03:55 PM
i don't think we are overrated by the media, we are overrated by the fans.........some ppl here and other sites refuse to look at the facts and just see the steelers with black and gold shades.......... we are an average team, we have been on year, our record is the product of the easiest schedule in the league early on........in a division that has 3 **** *** teams it's easy to win......sure the browns have a winning record but they suck donkey dick........... our oline is what makes us a below average team.........we have good players like ben, holmes, ward, and heath, but no oline makes them worthless in the long run

and ppl blaming tomlin are stupid, he's actually allowing his coaches to coach, all the play calling is on arians, arians is one of the worse oc's in the league......

K Train
12-10-2007, 03:57 PM
we arent below average lol

but i agree....http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/K-Train89/FF_154265_s.jpg

Iron City South
12-10-2007, 04:11 PM
Koopa speaks the truth. Things need to change on the Oline

SteelerFan87
12-10-2007, 04:26 PM
If we lost by a close margin, then we can make adjustments for a future meeting. But when you get your *** handed to you, there is so much to work on. Besides we are not a lock for the playoffs, and if we do host a wildcard team, it may be cleve or Jax, no easy task!

I disagree. IMO, we did lose by a close margin. We kept it close, until a few plays went the Pats' way and suddenly the flood gates were open. IMO, we looked better in this loss than we did in that blowout loss to Colts in the 05 regular season. And we all know what happened after that. :yesnod:

Am I disappointed with the Steelers so far? Yeah. I expected us to be anywhere from 12-4 to 14-2. But we're going through a funk right now, and I think we'll get out of it.

Koopa
12-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Am I disappointed with the Steelers so far? Yeah. I expected us to be anywhere from 12-4 to 14-2. But we're going through a funk right now, and I think we'll get out of it.

wow, you had crazy high expectations.......

K Train
12-10-2007, 04:32 PM
i was thinking 11-5 and were on pace for that....tomlins first season will be considered a success regardless...12-4 is still a possibility

DIESELMAN
12-10-2007, 04:44 PM
Koopa speaks the truth. Things need to change on the Oline

We all pretty much knew our OL was going to suck before the season even started. We were giving ourselves false hope throughout the preseason that these guys could get the job done, but as the season progressed we all knew it wasn't going to happen. We need big changes on the OL and a new OC. Yeah it is great that Tomlin is letting his coaches coach but there comes a time when he needs to step in and make his own changes and say "Look, I don't know what you're doing but its ****ed up, this is how we're going to do it". I'm pretty sure he's had plenty of chances to do that, afterall he is the HC, all game plans should be gone over with him before a game. Once again I'm not bashing Tomlin, he is a first year coach and he's done good so far but he needs to put his sig on this team and let it be coached the way he wants it to be coached.

Infern0
12-10-2007, 05:22 PM
I dont thjink we are overrated. Our defense is one of the best regardless of who we play. Our O is hit-miss, especially the line. Parker could be equivalent to the Bus if the o line didnt suck. Ben, he is doing awesome. Our receptions are clean, he can run too. I really think that this loss has gotten you fans down. We will come back, its only a matter of going back to basics.

SteelerFan87
12-10-2007, 05:49 PM
wow, you had crazy high expectations.......

I fully expected the Steelers to come back this year with a vengeance after last year, kind of like what we did in 04.

Infern0
12-10-2007, 05:54 PM
Wouldnt that be nice. Right now we gotta worry bout te jags, well, not worry, but...

PsychoWard
12-10-2007, 06:43 PM
my thing is not the teams we beat but the teams we lost to besides the pats!!! we should hae been 12-0 going into that game. and really if you ask me we beat ourselves yesterday between the terrible play calling on offense and the biting on the play fakes on defense thats what really killed us, i mean come on i don't care what anyone says randy moss is the best wide reciver in the nfl right now there is now reason we shouldn't be double teaming him!

StlersGuy
12-10-2007, 06:55 PM
we are so over rated we will finish the year at 12-4 or 11-5 when we really should be 5-11.....

I think the whole coaching staff should be fired and we should just pack it up after all we did just get our butts kicked by the god's of football.

BlitzburghNation
12-10-2007, 07:11 PM
Man,,,,,,,,Cannot believe after a loss,everyone on here calling us overrated
:scratch:
We don't apologize for any win or loss that's happened WE ARE STEELERS and WE MOVE ONTO THE NEXT GAME
I agree with alot of points on here and I was pissed at our play calling,but we are not overrated,,,,,,,
Average team*** Your kidding ,,,,, We are 9-4 :towelwave:
Good teams we've beaten,,,,,Destoyed the Hawks & Bills and just look how they've been playing and the clowns twice,bung-ho's and supposingly them overrated RAVENS,,,,,,,,
I predicted 11-5 b4 season started & it looks like that's what we'll probably be
Remember when we won the superbowl,,,,,,,I'm sure "including myself" that no-one really thought we'd go on the road and do what we did :towelwave:
So let's not panic and throw our team under the bus,,,,,,,,
We simply got out coached and outplayed on sunday,but we will rebound and
make the playoffs and we'll give it hell in the post-season and we'll see what happens :gs:
KEEPING THE FAITH
ALWAYS HAVE and ALWAYS WILL
:towelwave: :gs: :towelwave:

StlersGuy
12-10-2007, 07:35 PM
I want it noted mine was all sarcasm I never once said we where over rated

Stlrs4Life
12-10-2007, 07:39 PM

:plus1: Very well put Ambridge.

Greygrizzly
12-10-2007, 09:04 PM
I am disappointed in Tomlin to not just Arians. To beat the Pats you have to think outside of regular football norms. You have to out Belichick,Belichick. When our pass rush was not effective any longer we should have done something much more drastic. Like only rush one or two down linemen and dropped wevery one else back into coverage. Yea I know that sounds drastic but thats the only way you can beat these guys. What they do is drastic only running the ball a couple of times in a half.
We also should have started running the hurry up offense right after half time.
You just can't do things against them like you would against other teams.
I firmly believe that we have the player to beat them, we just don't have the coaching staff to beat them.

Iron City South
12-10-2007, 09:55 PM
I firmly believe that we have the players to beat them, we just don't have the coaching staff to beat them.

Really?

QB
Pats > Steelers

WR's
Pats > Steelers

RB's
Pats = Steelers

OL
Pats > Steelers

DL
Pats > Steelers

LB's
Pats > Steelers

CB's
Pats > Steelers

S/FS
Pats > Steelers

ST's
Pats > Steelers

Coaching
Pats > Steelers

You're kidding .... right?

The Pats level of talent is unparalleled in the league right now ....anyone that believes differently is either lying or beyond homerism.

Greygrizzly
12-11-2007, 10:22 AM
Really?

QB
Pats > Steelers

WR's
Pats > Steelers

RB's
Pats = Steelers

OL
Pats > Steelers

DL
Pats > Steelers

LB's
Pats > Steelers

CB's
Pats > Steelers

S/FS
Pats > Steelers

ST's
Pats > Steelers

Coaching
Pats > Steelers

The Pats level of talent is unparalleled in the league right now ....anyone that believes differently is either lying or beyond homerism.

Well JERK I didn't say that we were better at every position did I?
You don't always have to be. But we are talented enough to beat them if the players we do have were given the oppotunities.
If ya are so in love with the Pats why don't ya go sign up on a Pats board and jump on the band wagon while you have a chance.

TampaSteelGirl
12-11-2007, 11:50 AM
Our inconsistency leads me to believe we are overrated! We can't do well playing bad teams and soemtimes struggle and then blow out teams and then have nailbitters!! We need to be more consistent! :tt02:

Stairwayto7
12-11-2007, 03:41 PM
Really?

QB
Pats > Steelers

WR's
Pats > Steelers

RB's
Pats = Steelers

OL
Pats > Steelers

DL
Pats > Steelers

LB's
Pats > Steelers

CB's
Pats > Steelers

S/FS
Pats > Steelers

ST's
Pats > Steelers

Coaching
Pats > Steelers

I think we our equal at WR/TE! Ward,Holmes and Miller, are very good!

Linebacker! Again At least equal! Harrison, is having a great season, and nobody is as steady as Foote and Farrior,. Now Hagans??? I wish we had a great 1st or 2nd round pick for this past spring, that could step up and bump him. pats LB`s are old!

Iron City South
12-11-2007, 04:30 PM
I think we our equal at WR/TE! Ward,Holmes and Miller, are very good!

Linebacker! Again At least equal! Harrison, is having a great season, and nobody is as steady as Foote and Farrior,. Now Hagans??? I wish we had a great 1st or 2nd round pick for this past spring, that could step up and bump him. pats LB`s are old!

I'll give you TE .... I should have broken it out seperate from the WR's to begin with ....

WR's equal? .... NOT A CHANCE!

Hypothetical question:

Youre' going into the Super Bowl and you have your choice of what WR corps you want to use, which one will you take?

Ward
Holmes
Nate Washington
Ced Wilson
Willie Reid

or

Randy Moss
Dante Stallworth
Jabar Gaffney
Wes Welker
Kelly Washington

yeah, that's what I thought ....

Another Hypothetical question:

Youre' going into the Super Bowl and you have your choice of what LB corps you want to use, which one will you take?

Adalius Thomas
Tedi Bruschi
Mike Vrabel
Junior Seau
Eric Alexander

or

James Harrison (*)
Larry Foote
James Farrior
Clark Haggins
Lamar Woodley

yeah, that's what I thought .....

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2007, 04:43 PM
I'll take our group of LB's over the Pats group of LB's any day. Yeah they may be veterans and all that experience, blah blah blah but I like our group much better. They are faster, stronger, and quicker to the point of attack. The Pats LB's play smart and they are effective in their defense, that much is true but our group is pretty darn good too and I like the make up of our 4 in this area.

As far as WR's go...

I'll take Ward and Holmes any day. They are equal on the field with Moss and Stallworth in terms of their overall impact. Moss may have more TD's than anyone and yes he's a top notch WR but Holmes is pretty acrobatic and is really coming into his own, give him time. Hines Ward vs Stallworth or anybody else?? Please it's no contest, Hines Ward hands down.

As far as Welker & Gaffney vs Cedric & Nate, yes they have us beat there with Welker but it's not like Gaffney is some super star pro bowler any more than Cedric is.

It's not as lopsided as you make it out to be IMO.

Iron City South
12-11-2007, 10:11 PM
I'll take our group of LB's over the Pats group of LB's any day.

As far as WR's go...

I'll take Ward and Holmes any day. They are equal on the field with Moss and Stallworth in terms of their overall impact.

Back away slowly ....

http://weedneeds.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/glass-bong2.jpg

now put your glasses back on ....

http://images.footballfanatics.com/productImages/_154000/FF_154265_s.jpg

BlitzburghRockCity
12-11-2007, 10:29 PM
I don't wear black n gold glasses dude, Im telling you from my point of view I'll take Ward over Stallworth, Moss, or Welker any day of the week and I'd do it a million times over. Moss has big stats and alot of TD's but he wouldn't make it in this offense that we run because he doesn't like to block and he doesn't like to get hit. All of our WR's do those things very well and that's why they are with us on this team.

Do I want more productivity from Nate and Cedric, of course I do and Im not convinced by any means that they will ever do that for us so if we have to cut them then so be it.

As far LB's go you're telling me you'd rather have those over the hill, slow, and admittedly weak link in the defense by their own fans over our 4 guys? No way !

Iron City South
12-11-2007, 11:39 PM
As far LB's go you're telling me you'd rather have those over the hill, slow, and admittedly weak link in the defense by their own fans over our 4 guys? No way !

So you're going to take the Steelers WR's over 5 guys that can put up rediculous numbers? ... ok ... hey, I can show you the water, but I can't make you drink. I like Ward and Holmes, but beyond that .... they shame us.

As far as the LB corp is concerned, Beyond Harrison and maybe Farrior (even though he's getting up there himself in age) ... the others are rather ....pedestrian.

Foote = average at best
Haggens = average at best (where's he been lately?)

These 3 guys alone put our LB's to shame .... all 3 of them .... game changers.

Adalius Thomas
Tedi Bruschi
Mike Vrabel

murtuc
12-12-2007, 12:04 AM
Hi Diddle diddle Parker up the middle 1 yd gain
Snap Pop Crackle Parker off tackle 2 yd gain, 3rd down and 7
Ben's back to pass. It's a ten man rush. He throws high and Hines tips the ball and it's intercepted.
SOS: Same Old Steelers

floodcitygirl
12-12-2007, 12:11 AM
Hi Diddle diddle Parker up the middle 1 yd gain
Snap Pop Crackle Parker off tackle 2 yd gain, 3rd down and 7
Ben's back to pass. It's a ten man rush. He throws high and Hines tips the ball and it's intercepted.
SOS: Same Old Steelers:rolleyes: Same old Steelers? We stand a pretty good shot at the playoffs this year under new coaching and new players. That is different from last year.

K Train
12-12-2007, 12:16 AM
So you're going to take the Steelers WR's over 5 guys that can put up rediculous numbers? ... ok ... hey, I can show you the water, but I can't make you drink. I like Ward and Holmes, but beyond that .... they shame us.

As far as the LB corp is concerned, Beyond Harrison and maybe Farrior (even though he's getting up there himself in age) ... the others are rather ....pedestrian.

Foote = average at best

Adalius Thomas
Tedi Bruschi
Mike Vrabel

bruschi is old and dying, they are better with him in his wheel chair...vrabel is still good and thomas is wayyyyyy over valued.

Haggans has struggled, but foote is very good, he mostly covers though, thats his game...our linebackers are nasty, we can take pride that they are the best group in the league and its not close imo

Steelersfan
12-12-2007, 12:21 AM
I'll take our group of LB's over the Pats group of LB's any day. Yeah they may be veterans and all that experience, blah blah blah but I like our group much better. They are faster, stronger, and quicker to the point of attack. The Pats LB's play smart and they are effective in their defense, that much is true but our group is pretty darn good too and I like the make up of our 4 in this area.

As far as WR's go...

I'll take Ward and Holmes any day. They are equal on the field with Moss and Stallworth in terms of their overall impact. Moss may have more TD's than anyone and yes he's a top notch WR but Holmes is pretty acrobatic and is really coming into his own, give him time. Hines Ward vs Stallworth or anybody else?? Please it's no contest, Hines Ward hands down.

As far as Welker & Gaffney vs Cedric & Nate, yes they have us beat there with Welker but it's not like Gaffney is some super star pro bowler any more than Cedric is.

It's not as lopsided as you make it out to be IMO.

I don't know about that Matt. I love Hines and the way he plays and what he brings to the Steelers, but, when Moss decides to play the guy is the best in the league hands down. Only TO is even close to him on that level. A lot can be said to about how well Brady and that offense is playing too. I'd take out WR's on a running team anyday, but on a passing team or even a 50/50 team I'd take the Pats WR's.
As far as the LB's, I like what we have besides Haggens for some reason. He just hasn't been the type of LB we have all been use to seeing and agree he is average at best. Can I just pick Harrison, Farrior, Thomas and Vrabel??????....lol
And while I'm at it give me Moss, Ward, Welker and Holmes.......:bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2007, 06:09 AM

Foote = average at best

Adalius Thomas
Tedi Bruschi
Mike Vrabel

Take another hit off that Patriot bong you're passing around and come to the realization that their defense is the weak point of their team and that their LB's are not all that and a bag of chips that you make them out to be. They have the benefit of playing with an offense that scores virtually at will so it's not like they have to suck it up and force potent offenses back from the brink of scoring at any given time. I guarantee you if you put the patriot defense opposite any other offense in the NFL except for maybe the Colts, that they are an even more weak point and are even more exposed. Look at how teams ran it down their throats the last 3 weeks, now there's a bunch of solid LB's making tackles that I want on my team, yeah...not !

If you want Adalius Thomas, Tedi Bruschi, Mike Vrabel over our guys, you can have them and I'll take the guys that are younger, stronger, and faster. The only one I would give you is Adalius because he is a game changer but the rest of them are over the hill has beens. Yeah Im sure I want my team to have a bunch of slow linebackers in a blizburgh scheme. Bruschi needs to retire and has done nothing of note since he came back to the NFL, Vrabel is a good LB but there's a reason the dude never gets any noteriety among the NFL great LB's, because he's just better than average but he plays on the Pats where they let him line up and score TD's from the 1 yd line all the time.

As far as WR's go again, I'll still take Ward and Holmes over Moss and Stallworth 10 out of 10 times. Now Welker yes I'll take him over any of the other WR's we have too, that guy is money. There's no way that Moss would survive in our offense, and Stallworth is a good WR but he's not spectactular by any stretch. Beyond our 2 starters the talent level drops off considerably, I agree with you there but our 2 vs their 2 starters, give me Ward and Holmes any day.

TEEMONT
12-12-2007, 10:26 AM

Arains wouldn't be the answer on a pee-wee special olympic team.

SteelerFan87
12-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Really?

QB
Pats > Steelers

WR's
Pats > Steelers

RB's
Pats = Steelers

OL
Pats > Steelers

DL
Pats > Steelers

LB's
Pats > Steelers

CB's
Pats > Steelers

S/FS
Pats > Steelers

ST's
Pats > Steelers

Coaching
Pats > Steelers

You have got to be kidding me.

STs? I agree.
WRs? I agree.
QB? I grudgingly agree.
D line? Eh, maybe. Now that Smith is hurt, yes, I agree.

But SAFETY? Are you kidding me? You would rather have Rodney Harrison and Eugene Wilson than Troy Polamalu and Anthony Smith? Harrison is old. He couldn't hold Polamau's jock. At his best, he wasn't as good as Troy's best. Eugene Wilson, who is he? The same could probably be said about Smith, but I'd still take Smith's toughness and athleticism over Wilson any day.

CB? They have Asante Samuel. That's it. Ellis Hobbs isn't as good as Ike Taylor. Then they have Randall Gay. RANDALL GAY. You'd take Randall Gay over Desea Townsend or Bryant McFadden? I'd take WILLIAM Gay over Randall Gay, because our Gay has potential, lol.

LB? Seriously? Vrabel is good. Thomas is good. That's it. Bruschi and Seau are washed up. They can play pretty well in spurts when they're fresh, but they tire easily. Just look at that team. They can't stop the run. How do you have great ILBs if you can't stop the run? How did the Eagles and Ravens attack them? They attacked the middle of the field. That's the ILBs and the Safeties. The Pats were EXPOSED in those areas. James Harrison, Clark Haggans, James Farrior, and Larry Foote aren't better than 2 very good LBs and a couple of washed up dudes in the middle that the Pats have? Come on.

RB? Which team is leading the AFC, or is 2nd, or wherever we are in rushing? Which team had over 150 yards rushing on Sunday? Which team had like 20?

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2007, 11:14 AM
Arains wouldn't be the answer on a pee-wee special olympic team.

He actually used to be a coach for local teams in my area and then "graduated" to Cleveland :bwah:

GoBenGo
12-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Are we over rated? nope

Iron City South
12-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Guys, the hypothetical question was:

Who would you pick to take to the Super Bowl? .... not built the future around.

Right now....today, if you were going into the Super Bowl, which groups would you take? I stand by my decision to go with the Pats WR's AND ... LB's

They're flat out better and more experienced .... it's indesputable.

2 other points

- Right now ..... Harrison is a better Safety than Polamalu. Troy needs to meet with the the Dali Lama to help him re-find his game.

- Someone mentioned that Adalius Thomas is overvalued. That may be true, but it's not market value we're talking about. His market value has nothing to do with his athletecism or ability. I'd take him over Kiesel any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-12-2007, 11:56 AM
They're flat out better and more experienced .... it's indesputable.

Maybe in your mind :lol: , personally I see it as very debatable. The factors that go into the LB's and defensive performance are greatly influenced by the fact that their offense can score on virtually anyone at any given time ( after adjustments are made at half time if things don't go their way at first). There are always exceptions but if some one asked me, "hey I'm building a superbowl caliber team and I need 4 LB's who do you want, Im taking our 4 vs the Pats 4 anyday of the week.

Either way it comes down to the fact that they are all good on both teams, I just prefer the youth, speed, and experience our guys have vs what the Pats LB's bring to the table.

SteelerFan87
12-12-2007, 12:02 PM
If I'm building a defense for the Super Bowl there's no way in hell I'm letting Bruschi or Seau anywhere near it. Maybe as motivational speakers, lol, but that's it. Certainly not as football players. I don't need my opponents running at will on me in the SB, and I certainly don't need my starting LBs to be worn out by the 2nd quarter.

steelcitysfinestXL
12-12-2007, 02:50 PM
Are we over-rated... NO, i think it is damn near impossible to be overated in the AFC over the past few seasons, the NFC you'll see a team every year thats over-rated ex: the Saints/Bears last year, and this year although they are good teams the Cowboys/Packers are the over-rated teams!!! They are called elite due to phenominal records... But if you moved the Pack from the "Norris Division" into the AFCN (replacing one of the Ohio teams) and Dallas to the AFC East (replacing one of the NY teams) they would be fighting for a wild card right now!!!! The AFC teams, in recent years, have pretty much lived up to the hype/records especially us because in the last 3 seasons (if we win AFCN this season) we have had different divisional champs!!!

Are we over rated, no i dont believe so... i think
1. we are forming a new identity this year with a new coach!!
2.We play a physical style of football which is harder to do week in and week out!
3. This is the NFL, your gonna lose!!! its been over 35 years since a team went undefeated... it hasnt happened since the 16 game format started!! If the Pats go undefeated you can def point at a few games that they lucked out to get there (and our WAS NOT one them)!!!!

Stairwayto7
12-17-2007, 09:13 PM
We are no longer over rated! Nobody thinks we`re any good now! We are dropping in all the power rankings!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2007, 09:16 PM
We are no longer over rated! Nobody thinks we`re any good now! We are dropping in all the power rankings!

That's about where we like to be then, people can just overlook us and expect nothing from us. Then we come in and steal a game or outright kick their *** and they still undermine us so either way being overlooked is fine with me :lol: