PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Smith

StlersGuy
12-10-2007, 08:47 AM
Do you think he will show his face around the locker room today....

I hope he has learned from this not to open his mouth and just let his game do the talking on the field because all he did was just feed the fire and make him self look like a jackass....

Steelersfan
12-10-2007, 08:57 AM
Did anyone else see the interview where Smith said it was a guarantee? All the kid said was that we would win IF we played our game and didn't make mistakes and all. It wasn't like he just said I guarantee a win. The media has really blown this out of the water and it's really ridiculous!
And I'm sure Smith wished he could forget that game!! Carter also!

StlersGuy
12-10-2007, 09:03 AM
no he came out and said this

"We're going to win," Smith said. "Yeah, I can guarantee a win. As long as we come out and do what we got to do. Both sides of the ball are rolling, and if our special teams come through for us, we've got a good chance to win."

He also said

"People keep asking me if we're ready for the Patriots," Smith said. "They should be asking if they're ready for us."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3142456

P4E*
12-10-2007, 09:06 AM
Smith will have learned one big lesson,DONT **** WITH THE PATS

Steelersfan
12-10-2007, 09:07 AM
And you wouldn't agree with his first statement? Watch the video and you get a whole different take than what they wrote.

He also said:

"If we don't give up the big plays"

I'm not defending him, just saying it was blown way out of proprtion by the media.

StlersGuy
12-10-2007, 09:16 AM
Smith will have learned one big lesson,DONT **** WITH THE PATS

um you guys won yes however you really did not look that good, we could have won this game and should have, we just beat our self's..

Stairwayto7
12-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Smith needs to shut up, and put up! He got abused yesterday! Welcome to the NFL, now get your head out of your jock!

StlersGuy
12-10-2007, 09:26 AM
Smith needs to shut up, and put up! He got abused yesterday! Welcome to the NFL, now get your head out of your jock!:bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-10-2007, 10:11 AM
Smith has been solid for us all year and he is the future for us at Safety, he and Troy. This was a case of him getting sucked into the media's grasp for something to talk about. Tomlin and several members of the team talked to him about it so I would imagine that, while he'll always be a trash talker, he'll steer clear of any more guarantees for awhile.

He got owned yesterday, humbled in front of millions of people, it's a tough lesson to learn but he'll bounce back.

BlackGold4vr
12-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Didn't matter whether he made the guarantee or not, he got burned deep twice on plays where it didn't even take a Tom Brady pinpoint pass to complete it. In fact on both plays the receiver had to wait on the ball and still caught it with 10 yards of separation. In most games it is hard to lay the blame entirely at the feet of one player but in this game it comes close. Take away the 14 points given up by Smith on those two long plays and it is a 20-13 game. Without such a huge point deficit perhaps we don't go for it on those fourth downs and turn the ball over on downs. Either way AS let his team down on this day. He talked like a champion but he played like a goat. Maybe next time he will let his play do all the talking.

:helmet:

StlersGuy
12-10-2007, 10:24 AM
He is still young and all I want is for him to have learned something and that is to keep your mouth shut and let your game play do the talking come sunday.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-10-2007, 10:24 AM
He had to know he was going to get picked on today but he jsut wasn't up for the challenge. The defense showed up big at times but when it came right down to it they took advantage of his inexperience and his hot head and when right after him on those long plays.

Ike got burnt at times yesterday as well but both times he should have had safety help.

SteelCityPride08
12-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Anthony Smith, if your going to guarantee a win verse the PATRIOTS and fire their team up, then you better play your best. He got burned on two huge plays that were an easy 14 points for the patriots. One to Randy Moss and one to Jabar Gaffney. Even though the patriots did that trick play, he shouldnt have started running in towards the ball. THE PATRIOTS DON'T RUN. I think they had just 9 rushing attempts.

Before the Game:
"We're going to win," Smith said after practice yesterday. "Yeah, I can guarantee a win."
After he Game:
"If I had been quoted right, it wouldn't have come out the way it did," he said

So now he's taking back what he said to the press??? Either it didn't come out right or he just feels like an idiot like guaranteeing a win. I don't know if you heard but the whole stadium starting chanting,"GUARANTEE"....thats embarassing

But its not this game that counts, its the next time we see them in he playoffs. This was just practice for the real important game

Blitzburghpete
12-10-2007, 11:07 AM
I hope he has learned from this not to open his mouth and just let his game do the talking on the field because all he did was just feed the fire and make him self look like a jackass....

I hope Smith, keeps his confidence, and meets the Pats in the playoffs, and lays the wood on Moss and Brady in a Steeler win in the AFC championship in a driving blizzard.

from now on he just needs to let his play do all the talking.

GoBenGo
12-10-2007, 11:21 AM
It is what it is. He said what he said. He got owned like he got owned.

What he does from here on out will show his character. I hope he builds from it , learns, and goes into cyborg anihilation mode. No more talk just total workman effort. Or does he regress, and let this haunt him.
I gotta feel with the team around him, we see a better AS.
Glad it happened in a meaningless, "test-run" game.
Just searchin' for a positive to start my Monday with. ( oh, thanks, Ratturds)

BlitzburghRockCity
12-10-2007, 11:23 AM
It is what it is. He said what he said. He got owned like he got owned.

What he does from here on out will show his character. I hope he builds from it , learns, and goes into cyborg anihilation mode. No more talk just total workman effort. Or does he regress, and let this haunt him.
I gotta feel with the team around him, we see a better AS.
Glad it happened in a meaningless, "test-run" game.
Just searchin' for a positive to start my Monday with. ( oh, thanks, Ratturds)

This is a pivotal time for Smith, I think with the team he's got around him and Tomlin who is a good teacher he will bounce back. I gotta think he feels terrible how he played yesterday and he will want to redeem himself asap so I look for him to have a great game this coming weekend.

StlersGuy
12-10-2007, 11:24 AM
I look forward to seeing how he comes back from this next week...

DIESELMAN
12-10-2007, 11:30 AM
What I don't get, well really I do, is how does a S in our D bite on play action? Our D stops the run with the line and LB's, not the S's, yeah the S's support the run but thats in a defense that can't stop the run. After all the attention his comment brought, he knew he had to back it up, he tried to hard to be the one to make the big plays and got burnt for it big time.

yinzer
12-10-2007, 11:38 AM
Smith has been solid for us all year and he is the future for us at Safety, he and Troy. This was a case of him getting sucked into the media's grasp for something to talk about. Tomlin and several members of the team talked to him about it so I would imagine that, while he'll always be a trash talker, he'll steer clear of any more guarantees for awhile.

He got owned yesterday, humbled in front of millions of people, it's a tough lesson to learn but he'll bounce back.

I think that's what he needed.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

Didn't matter whether he made the guarantee or not, he got burned deep twice on plays where it didn't even take a Tom Brady pinpoint pass to complete it. In fact on both plays the receiver had to wait on the ball and still caught it with 10 yards of separation. In most games it is hard to lay the blame entirely at the feet of one player but in this game it comes close. Take away the 14 points given up by Smith on those two long plays and it is a 20-13 game. Without such a huge point deficit perhaps we don't go for it on those fourth downs and turn the ball over on downs. Either way AS let his team down on this day. He talked like a champion but he played like a goat. Maybe next time he will let his play do all the talking.

:helmet:

Tom Brady's long ball has always been suspect.

AZ_Steeler
12-10-2007, 01:04 PM
It's sad that the Media had to take someone's comments and blow them out of proportion and come up with what THEY think Smith meant to say. I feel sorry for Smith now, I hope he declines all interviews with them and tells them all where to stick it!

P4E*
12-10-2007, 01:31 PM
um you guys won yes however you really did not look that good, we could have won this game and should have, we just beat our self's..

What drugs are you on??..and where can i get some??...the pats owned your *** on sunday,the steelers are frauds and will prolly get knocked out in the wildcard round..For you to say that you shoulda beat us is insane

NOVA STEELERS
12-10-2007, 01:42 PM
What drugs are you on??..and where can i get some??...the pats owned your *** on sunday,the steelers are frauds and will prolly get knocked out in the wildcard round..For you to say that you shoulda beat us is insane

The patsies made the plays that won the game, while our super genius O coordinator played it to safe against a suspect D. I have nothing but praise to Brady & the O, but the STEELERS let a suspect D dictate the game instead of the other way around. And if the STEELERS had a reliable option other then Hines and Heath (Holmes definately was not ready 2 play) washington :banging: wilson :cursin: and reid :dunno: cannot carry us deep in the playoffs :2cents:

seth_westover
12-10-2007, 01:52 PM
and ur pats are perfect? lol i still dont get you guys! brady's playin lights out! moss is ballin! ur o-line is giving brady 15 minutes to read the d! those are true! thats all! hell i could throw 25 touchdowns to randy moss if i had 15 minutes to find an open reciever! u barely beat the eagles ravens colts and put a whoopin on us! the game could and should have been much closer!

you won! congrats! no one is taking that away from u or making excuses! the game could have been a lot better if our players showed up and we didnt make bonehead mistakes! u have a good team, not a perfect team! not yet! until you go 16-0 and then win the superbowl, ur not perfect! no one is an elite team until the final gun on the first sunday in feb. until then we wont know who's perfect or not! theres only one game in the entire season that matters! thats the last game of the year! until ur holding that lombardi above ur head, you are not elite!

Greygrizzly
12-10-2007, 02:54 PM
Look garranting a win is OLD. it was news when Joe Willie namath did it way back in 1968 0r 69,but it's been done so many times since then I'm suprised any one pays any attension to it any more.
I even do like the fact that Smith did it. That at least showed that he believed in his team.

SteelerFan87
12-10-2007, 03:54 PM
The whole guarantee thing was so overblown. Tomlin put it best, saying that a team like the Patriots doesn't need something like that to motivate them. The inference is that they SHOULDN'T need something as trivial as Smith's guarantee to motivate them, and that if that's what does motivate them, something's wrong there.

The only way Smith's guarantee affected the game was the way that Smith got into his own head. Whether he was trying to hard, or just was distracted by his guarantee, Smith did not bring his A game, and the Steelers lost because of it. If Smith is at the top of his game, the Pats don't get those 2 big plays that broke the game open. Hell, maybe on one of those plays Smith flies over and crushes Moss, setting the tone for the game and making Moss think twice about going over the middle. Who knows?

I think talent-wise, the Steelers were good enough to win that game. Look at the 1st half. We didn't play our best football, but we were still just down by 3 points. Then in the 2nd half, we get ready to try a trick play that would have been a huge play to Ward, but Mahan gets owned by Wilfork and the play is blown up. If Mahan does his job there that could have been a dagger to the Pats heart, but instead the offense gets derailed, and then the Pats respond with a dagger of their own. That trick play they ran (which was exactly what we used to beat the Bengals in 05) really took the wind out of our sails. After that, the Steelers threw in the towel. And I can't blame them for that. We kept it close for a while, and had a chance to win. Once the Pats started to take control of the game, why empty the bag of tricks trying to get back into a meaningless game? Let them have round 1. The real game is in the playoffs. Just like the Colts in 05. And really, we got our asses beat much worse by the Colts that year, than we did by the Pats this year, even though the Pats won by (I think) 2 more points than the Colts did. In that game, our defense got torched, and our offense got totally overwhelmed. Yesterday, our defense got torched in the 2nd half, but our offense was able to move the ball pretty well.

BlackGold4vr
12-10-2007, 04:32 PM
I work with a Patsy fan who was upset about the first play where they burned AS for the long touchdown and Brady was up in Smiths face when James Harrison came up behind Tom and gave him a little "back off" bump. He thought it was a cheap shot. No cheaper than the in-your-face little head butt he gave Anthony Smith. I loved it when Harrison did that and I laughed at Brady's hasty retreat when he turned to see who nudged him. That was one of the highlights of the game for me. :lol:

SteelerFan87
12-10-2007, 04:47 PM
I work with a Patsy fan who was upset about the first play where they burned AS for the long touchdown and Brady was up in Smiths face when James Harrison came up behind Tom and gave him a little "back off" bump. He thought it was a cheap shot. No cheaper than the in-your-face little head butt he gave Anthony Smith. I loved it when Harrison did that and I laughed at Brady's hasty retreat when he turned to see who nudged him. That was one of the highlights of the game for me. :lol:

Couldn't agree more. That crap might be ok against the Jets, Bills, or Dolphins, who won't stand up to it, but if you want to talk **** against the Steelers, (a QB no less!) we aren't going to put up with that ****. He's lucky Harrison didn't pick him up and slam him like that Browns fan. :lol:

Now THAT would have been awesome. Totally worth the fine. :lol:

floodcitygirl
12-11-2007, 12:22 AM
I work with a Patsy fan who was upset about the first play where they burned AS for the long touchdown and Brady was up in Smiths face when James Harrison came up behind Tom and gave him a little "back off" bump. He thought it was a cheap shot. No cheaper than the in-your-face little head butt he gave Anthony Smith. I loved it when Harrison did that and I laughed at Brady's hasty retreat when he turned to see who nudged him. That was one of the highlights of the game for me. :lol:I've got to say that beyond the stop on their first possession and our first score, that was the highlight for me too. As I mentioned in another thread seeing Brady face planted would have topped it all but since I didn't get that, this was good. lol

TampaSteelGirl
12-11-2007, 01:24 PM

I agree!!! To be honest though, I don't know what you would ever "guarantee" a win over the best team in the NFL! Seems very silly to me! We could have won that game but again we didn't bring our best. That's the way it's been for several years. We just need to keep playing our physical smart football and we can get places!! :tt02:

[AutoMerged Post Below]

See this is the thing I hate about the Pats fans! you guys are never humble! Yes you beat us and badly but your team has lots of flaws and the Ravens, a team we humilated and you almost lost against showed them! Why can't you freakin Pats fans just accept your win humbly! We would have won that game IF we would have played like we know we can play, unfortunately we didn't play the game we all know we can play, too bad for us. Yes you embarrassed our defense ok, but it makes me not even want to extend any type of congrats your way. I would laugh my *** off if you all lost to the Jets and if they play well they could! Your team is not invincible because any team having a better day than you can and will win!! :tt02:

DIESELMAN
12-11-2007, 02:27 PM
See this is the thing I hate about the Pats fans! you guys are never humble! Yes you beat us and badly but your team has lots of flaws and the Ravens, a team we humilated and you almost lost against showed them! Why can't you freakin Pats fans just accept your win humbly! We would have won that game IF we would have played like we know we can play, unfortunately we didn't play the game we all know we can play, too bad for us. Yes you embarrassed our defense ok, but it makes me not even want to extend any type of congrats your way. I would laugh my *** off if you all lost to the Jets and if they play well they could! Your team is not invincible because any team having a better day than you can and will win!! :tt02:

:plus1: What she ****ing said!!!!! :cope::cope::cope::cope::cope: