PDA

View Full Version : History repeating

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-09-2007, 10:24 PM
Keep in mind

During our run to super bow XL we got beat soundly in Indy on a Monday night. Then no one outside the steelers organization or steelers nation gave us a snowball chance in hell going back into indy in January. We all know how that turned out :yesnod:

Keep the faith. The ride is just starting.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-09-2007, 10:26 PM
Keep in mind

During our run to super bow XL we got beat soundly in Indy on a Monday night. Then no one outside the steelers organization or steelers nations gave us a snowball chance in hell going back into indy in January. We all know how that turned out :yesnod:

Well I hope your right....The play-offs are a different animal....I'm not giving up at all.....But the Pats are going to be mighty tough to beat....

DoucheWaffle
12-09-2007, 10:26 PM
Pwned!

DIESELMAN
12-09-2007, 10:30 PM
Pwned!
Is that you mumbling "owned"? Get Brady's dick outta your mouth and say something intelligent.

DIESELMAN
12-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Keep in mind

During our run to super bow XL we got beat soundly in Indy on a Monday night. Then no one outside the steelers organization or steelers nation gave us a snowball chance in hell going back into indy in January. We all know how that turned out :yesnod:

That was then this is now. I'm not giving up and have plenty of faith but the Steelers of 2005 wanted "IT"

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-09-2007, 10:37 PM
That was then this is now. I'm not giving up and have plenty of faith but the Steelers of 2005 wanted "IT"

Different animals yes. But Patroits are vulernable and can be beat. The Patroits are not a balanced team. We did not play to our potential today. We go back fix the errors. Head up there in January and kick there teeth in.

seth_westover
12-09-2007, 10:58 PM
exactly!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2007, 11:20 PM
Im not giving up and throwing in the terrible towel, none of us are. We got beat tonight and they took advantage of our secondary in a big way. We need to learn from this and get ready to stick it to em if we get another chance.

black an gold 4 life
12-09-2007, 11:39 PM
we prove we can hang with the best, the steelers beat themselves 2 night ben has arm strength problems,:cursin:he missed santonio an couple of times:cursin: he had bad throws 2 night:cursin:..........................our defense was great, but u can't expect the defense 2 play the whole game:cursin:,why do we try 2 get an touchdown every play?:scratch:what's wrong with 5-10 yards gain on 1st an 2nd down:scratch::cursin:we have 2 take these last three games an play them like they r playoff games we have 2 finish at 12-4.............................

Iron City South
12-09-2007, 11:49 PM
Sorry, but it chaps my *** more than a little when people play the "Hey, we did it in '05" card ....

Guess what? .. IT AIN'T '05

The 2005 team captured lightning in a bottle. They WERE NOT the best team in the league, but they were the best team for the final 9 games.

It only took how many years to pull something like that off? It NEVER happened in league history before '05 and it could very likely never happen again.

Bad arguement ....

Troyisabeast_43
12-10-2007, 12:17 AM
This Steelers team will be a better team from this loss today and they will learn from it and live to fight another day. The main focus right now should be winning these last 3 games and it starts with the Jags next Sunday at Heinz Field. The Steelers are probably going to win the division here, probably going to win a wildcard game at home here in the playoffs as well. So if with those 2 things having a better then 50 percent chance of happening I think at this point the Steelers I feel are one win away at Indianapolis in the playoffs a team who has never beat the Steelers in the playoffs let me remind you, but they are one win away in Indy from getting another shot at the Pats. So the bottom line is they need to get better from this and move on and hopefully 6 weeks from tonight were sitting here talking about how this Steelers team came down to New England and won when it really mattered. As I been saying here all along Id rather beat them in the playoffs then now when it really counts and there is still I think a pretty good shot for the Steelers to get that chance again.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-10-2007, 12:34 AM
I used to love the fact of going on the road in the playoffs because for so long we stunk at home in January. We were road warriors under Cowher but this year we are just terrible on the road and unless we suddenly turn it around it's only going to get worse.

Iron City South
12-10-2007, 12:53 AM
Somebody asked me what the biggest difference I saw with this team compared to the '05 XL team, I told him "ATTITUDE" ....

Starting with the Bears game we played with a chip on our shoulder, kicking *** and taking names leaving everyone in our wake and laughing while we did it ....

This group is lacking "ATTITUDE" .... a mean disposition that says to the other team in no uncertain terms, "we're here to kick the living **** out of you so just know the beat-down is about to commence" ....

This group is soft ... living off of the media hype of years past that we are a physical bunch. :yesnod:

#92 is the only player that earns the right to call his game physical.

Troyisabeast_43
12-10-2007, 02:15 AM
OK...here it is...our offense wasn't horrible today. We could have played better in the redzone but that is correctable. Our defense gave up a huge play on the early Moss TD. We have a good idea now on what the Pats are about and have some film on them vs our defense. With that said we lost to them by 21 points much like we lost by 19 to the Colts in Indy during the regular season in 05' by 19 points. In that game I remember an early TD pass to Harrison JUST LIKE the Moss pass. SO...the question is can we go back in there in the playoffs and beat them like we did to the Colts in 05' ? For arguments sake lets say we have a healthy Polamalu for the playoffs as well.... This team is beatable. Anthony Smith needs to get his act together. He blew two TDs for us. The long bomb to Moss was all him on play action and the trick play (bad word)ed him in too. You have to play pass first against them, they barely ran it all game.

If Anthony Smith breaks up one of those two plays, instead we are talking 27-13. If we dont turn the ball over on downs in the red zone, twice, then we are talking 27-27. This game swung huge on big plays. Unfortunately for us, and I guess this is one mark of a good team, those big plays went the way of the Pats.

This does feel eerily similar to the Colts game in 05. They were rolling as a practically unbeatable force that year too. It will not be easy, but the Steelers can win the SB.

Ambridge
12-10-2007, 07:30 AM
Somebody asked me what the biggest difference I saw with this team compared to the '05 XL team, I told him "ATTITUDE" ....

Starting with the Bears game we played with a chip on our shoulder, kicking *** and taking names leaving everyone in our wake and laughing while we did it ....

This group is lacking "ATTITUDE" .... a mean disposition that says to the other team in no uncertain terms, "we're here to kick the living shiat out of you so just know the beat-down is about to commence" ....

This group is soft ... living off of the media hype of years past that we are a physical bunch. :yesnod:

#92 is the only player that earns the right to call his game physical.

Excellent Post :plus1:

The Steelers have grown SOFT particularly on Offense.
Bruce Arians "Semi-Finesse/Non-Physical System" flat out blows and has turned this once proud unit into a group of frilly Girlscouts. His offense also doesn't help pathetic players like Sean Mayhan and Willie Colon as well.

Tomlin needs to put his foot down and test the waters of trying to unload Arians at the end of the season.
Too bad that Ben likes Arians and his offense............it's just not working.

P4E*
12-10-2007, 09:11 AM
Keep in mind

The pats didn't play a perfect game yesterday,and if you WHERE to play us again,beleive me,you would need to play 100% better,the pats have your number,enjoy your wild card match,it will prolly be your last:bigthumb:

StlersGuy
12-10-2007, 09:14 AM
The pats didn't play a perfect game yesterday,and if you WHERE to play us again,beleive me,you would need to play 100% better,the pats have your number,enjoy your wild card match,it will prolly be your last:bigthumb:

:lol: keep thinking that Big boy, I just want to know how will it feel to go 16-0 in the regular season and 0-1 in the playoff's :tt02: so make sure you come back and let us know :bigthumb:

Ambridge
12-10-2007, 09:20 AM

Too bad "Hoodie" can't dish out a piece of Humble Pie to some of their fans.

P4E*
12-10-2007, 09:26 AM
Too bad "Hoodie" can't dish out a piece of Humble Pie to some of their fans.

Funny you should say that,i believe you and the rest of the steeler nation where the ones requiring a little BB pie

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

:lol: keep thinking that Big boy, I just want to know how will it feel to go 16-0 in the regular season and 0-1 in the playoff's :tt02: so make sure you come back and let us know :bigthumb:

I aint going anywhere bro,your steelers should be the ones worrying about going out of the playoffs first up..the pats will be more than fine,i mean,have you seen are team,DAMN IT'S AMAZING

Stairwayto7
12-10-2007, 09:27 AM
We need to worry about the AFCN first, we are not a lock with Jax up next!

StlersGuy
12-10-2007, 09:30 AM
Funny you should say that,i believe you and the rest of the steeler nation where the ones requiring a little BB pie

[AutoMerged Post Below]

I aint going anywhere bro,your steelers should be the ones worrying about going out of the playoffs first up..the pats will be more than fine,i mean,have you seen are team,DAMN IT'S AMAZING

knowing the others teams plays helps http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u26/wpfaffenberger/PatriotsLogo1.gif also please go back to grammar school :hilarious:

Ambridge
12-10-2007, 09:41 AM

You might want to check out your facts there Chowda Brain!!
There was nothing resembling any kind of trash talk from me on this board.

StlersGuy
12-10-2007, 09:45 AM
You might want to check your facts there Chowda Brain!!
There was nothing resembling any kind of trash talk from me on this board.

Keep in mind he is a pats fan and any evidence showing any such facts has been destroyed, there for you are guilty and ordered to forever love the pats :lol:

AZ_Steeler
12-10-2007, 01:00 PM
To add to the history repeating itself go back to 2004 when the Steelers went 15-1... the Steelers beat them at Heinz field pretty easily then the Pats came back for the AFCCG and returned the favor... maybe the Steelers could return the favor this time around! :bwah:

P4E*
12-10-2007, 01:28 PM
knowing the others teams plays helps http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u26/wpfaffenberger/PatriotsLogo1.gif also please go back to grammar school :hilarious:

CRY ME A RIVER..your team got jacked up,BIG TIME

Iron City South
12-10-2007, 01:31 PM
CRY ME A RIVER..your team got jacked up,BIG TIME

Yes, we did .... the better team won.

Anything else to offer before you leave?

P4E*
12-10-2007, 01:34 PM
Yes, we did .... the better team won.

Anything else to offer before you leave?

Well at least one steelerfan is honest

we have a shitload of you steelers on our board,we havent seen much of them today,i think there staying away for some reason.i cant think why.

StlersGuy
12-10-2007, 04:09 PM
To add to the history repeating itself go back to 2004 when the Steelers went 15-1... the Steelers beat them at Heinz field pretty easily then the Pats came back for the AFCCG and returned the favor... maybe the Steelers could return the favor this time around! :bwah:

you are a very wise man :yesnod:

PS*
12-10-2007, 05:42 PM

Yeah, you're right. I mean, the Pats have a history of coming up short in the playoffs, don't they...especially against the Steelers?

SteelerFan87
12-10-2007, 07:00 PM
This game was pretty reminiscent of that game against the Colts. Going into a seemingly unbeatable team's house, big passing plays where one of our DBs got caught looking into the backfield, inability to get pressure on the QB, blowout loss. But it really felt like we got our asses kicked more by the Colts than by the Pats. I mean, we just got flat out owned by the Colts that year. We only had, what, 7 points? On offense it was 3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out, all day. But against the Pats, we were giving as good as we got in the 1st half, but then collapsed in the 2nd half. The 05 Colts game wasn't as close as the score indicated, and this Pats game was closer than the score indicated. We learned from our mistakes in 05. Now we just have to do the same in 07.