PDA

View Full Version : Quit throwing the ball to Nate Washington...

Troyisabeast_43
12-09-2007, 09:33 PM
I personally have seen enough of this guy and am just sick and tired of his inconsistency in terms of dropping passes all the time. Cedrick Wilson when he has had his chance to get in the game has made somethings happen and should be used a hell of a lot more then Nate is right now. Nate dropped 2 balls in this game today on that last drive. I know it was 34-13 and not really significant but still the guy just drops way too many balls and Im just sick of seeing him do it, and sick of Ben going back to him everytime he does drop a ball to see him do it again. The bottom line is they just need to quit throwing to Nate Washington in key situations all the time because the guy just is non consistent enough and you cant trust him at all its getting really old here fast.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2007, 09:35 PM
We need everybody on offense to step up, based on Nate's play the last month he's been better so the team needs to utilize him as a weapon because he's usually single covered. He needs to step up and make those plays but his MO has been inconsistent since he's been here...a circus catch followed up by a drop right in his hands.

Troyisabeast_43
12-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Wilson should be moved ahead of him on the depth chart though TG is all Im saying. Wilson has not had any drops I dont believe at all this season when he has had the ball thrown his way, and was a key part in the playoffs 2 years ago when the Steelers won the Super Bowl making some key TD catches in big games. He is more reliable then Nate Washington is at this point and should be the 3rd receiver ahead of him. Nate Washington is a guy in my opinion that can really **** up a game for you with a drop especially come playoff time and if they keep throwing it too him all the time like Ben likes to do the more likely this is to happen. Put Ced ahead of him and give him some more balls over Nate is all im suggesting.

Koopa
12-09-2007, 09:40 PM
true that, nate is the worse wr on this team, i don't get why they keep throwing his way.......thank god he's a free agent hopefully he'll leave cause he's a bum

Koopa
12-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Wilson should be moved ahead of him on the depth chart though TG is all Im saying. Wilson has not had any drops I dont believe at all this season when he has had the ball thrown his way, and was a key part in the playoffs 2 years ago when the Steelers won the Super Bowl making some key TD catches in big games. He is more reliable then Nate Washington is at this point and should be the 3rd receiver ahead of him. Nate Washington is a guy in my opinion that can really **** up a game for you with a drop especially come playoff time and if they keep throwing it too him all the time like Ben likes to do the more likely this is to happen. Put Ced ahead of him and give him some more balls over Nate is all im suggesting.

hell, willie reid should be moved above him, in his little time, he's at least made some plays, washington is the anti-play

Friday133
12-09-2007, 09:57 PM
Tomlin should be fired after this debacle.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2007, 09:58 PM
Trust me Im not sticking up for Nate that much, the dude has been inconsistent since he got here. I just think the offense got comfortable with him playing better but then he went back to his original MO when we needed him to come through for us. Let's face it behind our 2 starters the quality just drops off significantly and we better get that rectified.

Koopa
12-09-2007, 10:08 PM

ok that's dumb, we lost to the best team in the league, i guess every coach except for the ravens and eagles coach, since they gave them comp, should be fired too huh?? tomlin lets his coaches coach, if anyone should be fired it's arians

Troyisabeast_43
12-09-2007, 10:16 PM
I think he was being sarcastic koop lol...

black an gold 4 life
12-09-2007, 11:52 PM
the recievers didn't do 2 bad 2night, it's ben an his WEAK arm period the line gave him time the recievers were open it's ben fault an were about 2 make him our franchise q,b the rooneys should put an arm strengthen clause n his contract:cursin:

Koopa
12-10-2007, 12:06 AM
the ****?? ben has a nice arm.......nate just can't catch the football

BlitzburghRockCity
12-10-2007, 12:08 AM

ok that's dumb, we lost to the best team in the league, i guess every coach except for the ravens and eagles coach, since they gave them comp, should be fired too huh?? tomlin lets his coaches coach, if anyone should be fired it's arians

I think he was being sarcastic koop lol...

I had to do a double take at first too but I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm at it's finest :redcool:

K Train
12-10-2007, 12:08 AM
the recievers didn't do 2 bad 2night, it's ben an his WEAK arm period the line gave him time the recievers were open it's ben fault an were about 2 make him our franchise q,b the rooneys should put an arm strengthen clause n his contract:cursin:

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/K-Train89/duncegizz.gif

Koopa
12-10-2007, 12:10 AM
I had to do a double take at first too but I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm at it's finest :redcool:

i don't know, he's been saying it for awhile now, i think he has something against tomlin...... i think he's one of those fans that wanted grimm or whiz

BlitzburghRockCity
12-10-2007, 12:16 AM

Can't say I agree with this ya...the WR's dropped some key passes tonight yes but they also made some good plays and Ben's "weak arm" has been carrying the offense all year long especially in the absence of a running game the last few weeks.

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-10-2007, 12:16 AM
If Nate is the option that is open who is he supposed to throw to?? Granted Nate leaves alot to be desired but if he's open ya throw it to him. We all knew at the beginning of the year the WR was not real deep on this team.

MDSteel15
12-10-2007, 01:04 AM
If Nate is the option that is open who is he supposed to throw to?? Granted Nate leaves alot to be desired but if he's open ya throw it to him. We all knew at the beginning of the year the WR was not real deep on this team.

And you wonder why I want to draft a top WR in the next draft.... :crossfingers:

Prosdo
12-10-2007, 12:06 PM
And you wonder why I want to draft a top WR in the next draft.... :crossfingers:

I'm right there with you. Our WR corps is pretty weak. Once Ward retires we have Holmes, Wilson, and Reid if he shows up. I'm not too high on Nate right now.

Iron City South
12-10-2007, 12:14 PM
Not a Nate fan myself .... personally, I expect better pedigree from ANY #2

If you want to be the best, you can't expect undrafted prospects out of Tiffin to be your #2 flanker and perform at the level you need to be successful in this league.

Prosdo
12-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Not a Nate fan myself .... personally, I expect better pedigree from ANY #2

If you want to be the best, you can't expect undrafted prospects out of Tiffin to be your #2 flanker and perform at the level you need to be successful in this league.

Nate reminds me of Plex. Makes a crazy catch but drops the sure thing.