PDA

View Full Version : It's not time to panic just because we lost.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Let's put this in perspective here. Yes it sucks, yes our secondary got owned, yes the offense came up short too often and yes we lost the game but let's just remember the big picture here.

We have 3 big games left this year, we still have the lead in our division and we can still get the 3 seed if we play the way we're supposed too. We could very well see this team again so let's hope we learned something from this loss that we can tuck away till later...

Let's face it the Pats took advantage of what we gave them today and that's what good teams do.

DIESELMAN
12-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Bright side: We did move the ball on their D
Down side: Gave up to many big plays and to many mental mistakes

We got Jax coming in next week.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2007, 08:11 PM

Very true Tom, we had our chances today and we made some good plays but in the end the big plays killed us. The offense settling for FG's and the secondary biting on every single opportunity that Brady gave them.

DoucheWaffle
12-09-2007, 08:13 PM
Wow...losses to Broncos, Cards, Jests, and the Patriots! Good luck in you division. The Browns are beating the Jets.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
Pats fans chanting. "Guarentee"

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Today wasn't our day, we didn't have the answers that we thought we had and Smith needs to stfu but all in all today you guys made the plays and we didn't.

steelcitysfinestXL
12-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Wow...losses to Broncos, Cards, Jests, and the Patriots! Good luck in you division. The Browns are beating the Jets.

[AutoMerged Post Below]
Pats fans chanting. "Guarentee"

Hey @ss hole we beat the Browns twice and we about have our division locked up... ya'll had a good game, your big plays worked great!!! Hope you take 16-0 then eat sh*t in the playoffs

Black@Gold Forever32
12-09-2007, 08:19 PM

The Jags play us tough all the time......So I'm very worried about this upcoming game...Plus Cleveland isn't going away.....I know its still a long shot for them to win the division.......But its not impossible for the Browns to win out and the Steelers to lose 2 out of their next 3 which then would give the Browns the AFC North......

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2007, 08:20 PM
This games with the Jags is absolutely crucial. We MUST win this game and if we do we lock up the division but if we don't it's going to come down to the wire.

DIESELMAN
12-09-2007, 09:01 PM
The Jags are going to be really tough, they put a whoopin on Carolina today.

matt89
12-09-2007, 09:04 PM
we can own garrard and stop the run. if we see pats again in playoffs,we'll have polamalu back,and not smith,who should have his mouth taped shut,lol.

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-09-2007, 09:10 PM
I had this game marked down as a L since the schedule came out. Hated the ****ing idea of going into Foxoboro in Dec. We took our lumps today. Review the game tapes correct our mistakes. Lets get ready to go back up there in the divisional playoffs in January when it really ****ing matters.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-09-2007, 09:15 PM
we can own garrard and stop the run. if we see pats again in playoffs,we'll have polamalu back,and not smith,who should have his mouth taped shut,lol.

No Anthony Smith is starting in place of Ryan Clark at FS........Tyrone Carter is starting at SS in place of Troy....Plus it just wasn't Smith's fault...The whole D sucked....:lol:

steelcitysfinestXL
12-09-2007, 09:15 PM
Smitty is replacing clark who is on IR... Get used to seeing him... one bad agame and a statement he ouldnt bak up arent enough to boune him from the starting ine up

Troyisabeast_43
12-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Browns need to worry about beating the Buffalo Bills next week TG before they can worry about catching the Steelers for the division title. The Bills are 7-6 and the Browns are 8-5 so if the Bills beat them next week they both go to 8-6 and the Bills then jump then for the number 6 seed in the AFC and own the tiebraker. The Browns still lost the tiebraker to the Steelers so they still need the Steelers pretty much to lose at least 2 out of these last 3 games which I still dont think will happen. Like you said TG if the Steelers beat the Jags they have this division pretty much locked up because they will not lose to the Rams with Brock Berlin as their starting QB.

steelctybltzer
12-09-2007, 09:22 PM
Smitty is replacing clark ....one bad agame and a statement he ouldnt bak up arent enough to boune him from the starting ine up

Honestly, the media set up Smith. They asked him whether or not he thought they could win, he replied 'Yes'. They then asked him if he could guarantee it, he said "Yea, I guarantee it". Do you want someone on your team not confident enough to say that they think we can win? Jeeze, the Pats outplayed us, screw the controversy. Do you think the Pats needed motivation???

DIESELMAN
12-09-2007, 09:24 PM
Yeah well Brady and the Patsies made it a point to shut Smith up personally, he was bitin on play action all night. They also made our #1 ranked D look pretty average, from the middle of the 2nd period until their last drive they only ran the ball twice and one was a QB scramble. If and when we do meet them in the playoffs, we had better be a whole different team.

steelctybltzer
12-09-2007, 09:30 PM
Yeah well Brady and the Patsies made it a point to shut Smith up personally, he was bitin on play action all night. They also made our #1 ranked D look pretty average, from the middle of the 2nd period until their last drive they only ran the ball twice and one was a QB scramble. If and when we do meet them in the playoffs, we had better be a whole different team.

I agree, but the media totally blew it out of proportion to have something to talk about this past week. Brady's play actions were absolutely sick.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Honestly, the media set up Smith. They asked him whether or not he thought they could win, he replied 'Yes'. They then asked him if he could guarantee it, he said "Yea, I guarantee it". Do you want someone on your team not confident enough to say that they think we can win? Jeeze, the Pats outplayed us, screw the controversy. Do you think the Pats needed motivation???

Smith should have just bit his tongue and known better. He could have said,

media: "do you think you can win?"
Smith - "well of course I think we can win, we just need to go out and play our game see who's left standing at the end." and then left it at that.

steelctybltzer
12-09-2007, 09:38 PM
Yeah, but it would have been a totally different sitaution if Ben, Ward, Miller, Harrison, Polamalu, etc... would have made the remarks. And again, what team really NEEDS motivation? Pats were coming to whoop our *** regardless of any comments...

Stlrs4Life
12-09-2007, 09:43 PM
Let's see how this team responds after todays loss. Another tough team coming to town next week.

portcityblackandgold
12-09-2007, 10:47 PM
If we can take anything positive from this, a young ball player learned you let your play do the talking for you. Its a well learned lesson and it will serve the team well.

DIESELMAN
12-09-2007, 11:00 PM
If we can take anything positive from this, a young ball player learned you let your play do the talking for you. Its a well learned lesson and it will serve the team well.

:bigthumb: I'm thinking he's learned it and learned it the hard way. That should stick in his head for the rest of his career.

Hawk Believer
12-10-2007, 12:56 AM
Kinda reminds me of the whole Jeramy Stevens incident before XL...

floodcitygirl
12-10-2007, 01:01 AM
Pats fans chanting. "Guarentee"Come back when you learn how to spell.
(Hey! whattaya want...I got nothing else here!) lol

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-10-2007, 01:09 AM
Come back when you learn how to spell.

that's why your queen of the trash talkin round here !!:lol:

AZ_Steeler
12-10-2007, 12:47 PM
The team will respond after this loss... that is one thing Tomlin has showed he can do. The key down the road will be to look at the positives of the game and try and build on them should there be a rematch later in the playoffs. I don't want to look that far ahead but after seeing what the Pats did yesterday I am finally convinced they are the team to beat now.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-10-2007, 01:13 PM
Come back when you learn how to spell.

Math isn't his strong point either so yeah I'd say with a name like Douche he doesn't have much going for him at this point :bwah:

NOVA STEELERS
12-10-2007, 01:46 PM
Tomlin needs to get this game behind them and focus on the jags, this game has always been a knock em' sock em' lay em' out game. and I believe the jags have a winning record against us :scratch: time to focus and get back to business

GO STEELERS!!!!! :cope: