PDA

View Full Version : No excuses, we had our chances

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2007, 07:56 PM
-Twice we had to settle for FG's on drives deep in the redzone
-We got stopped on 4th and goal from inside the 5
-The secondary bit on every single big play and got burnt every time
-We had no answer in the 2nd half for Brady, Moss, and Welker.

Plain and simple we did not show up to win this game today when the pressure was on. We had them at half time right where we wanted them but those stalled out drives were killer and in the 2nd half the secondary got torched 9 ways to sunday.

Smith talked the talk and the entire secondary got owned today. When it came right down to it the front 7 had a pretty decent day. We held them to no running game to speak of, we got some pressure on Brady, but when it came right down to it we couldnt stop the big play and we had no answer for Brady in the clutch.

seth_westover
12-09-2007, 07:58 PM
let us get them in the playoffs! im tellin you, we will win!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2007, 08:10 PM
At this point we better not guarantee anything the rest of the year except that we guarantee we won't make any more guarantees that we don't know for sure we can back up.

seth_westover
12-09-2007, 08:12 PM
but thats the thing man! we could have backed this up! our defense played like ****! we know we can move it on them! if troy is out there we dnt make those ****** bites that smith and carter made!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-09-2007, 08:15 PM
but thats the thing man! we could have backed this up! our defense played like shiat! we know we can move it on them! if troy is out there we dnt make those shiatty bites that smith and carter made!

I don't what games you been watching this year? But Troy isn't the same player he was a few seasons ago.....I don't think he would have had any difference in the out come of this game....

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2007, 08:18 PM
I don't what games you been watching this year? But Troy isn't the same player he was a few seasons ago.....I don't think he would have had any difference in the out come of this game....

I don't know that Troy would have made a difference either. The entire secondary was just torched all day. Maybe Troy wouldn't have bit on those plays Tyrone and Anthony did and maybe he would have. We just had way too many big plays allowed and the defense overall had no answer for Brady.

seth_westover
12-09-2007, 08:18 PM
its all opinions man! all opinons! i think it would have been different! u may not feel that way! either way we will not know the answer unless we meet them again!

GoBenGo
12-09-2007, 08:19 PM
THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE

P4E*
12-09-2007, 08:19 PM
let us get them in the playoffs! im tellin you, we will win!

Im sure you will

GoBenGo
12-09-2007, 08:21 PM
you put the game in the hands of nate? twice?

seth_westover
12-09-2007, 08:23 PM
hate away man! hate away! i love it! its wonderful!

Ambridge
12-09-2007, 08:30 PM
THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE

That's for sure!!

Brady practically having a career day......over 400yds passing. :anon:

Steelers Secondary-:anon:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2007, 08:31 PM
That's for sure!!

Brady practically having a career day......over 400yds passing. :anon:

Steelers Secondary-:anon:

We had a secondary today?? I wasn't away they caught the flight and made it to the game...

Troyisabeast_43
12-09-2007, 08:32 PM
Yea this was a game that just got away from the Steelers the second half TG no question the Steelers had chances to take the lead in this game and gain some momentum but they just couldnot do it. Settling for 3 to start the game instead of a TD set the tone pretty much for this game. The Steelers at least got to see how they measured up against the Pats and they did some good things like moved the ball and ran the ball well with Parker, and some bad things like have too many breakdowns on defense. The bottom line is the lead is down to one once again in the division the with the Browns the Steelers need to take care of the Jags next week here at home and get this division wrapped up and the 3 seed. The Steelers just have to play this thing out and who knows maybe they will get a chance to see this Pats team again in about 5-6 weeks.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2007, 08:37 PM
Yea this was a game that just got away from the Steelers the second half TG no question the Steelers had chances to take the lead in this game and gain some momentum but they just couldnot do it. Settling for 3 to start the game instead of a TD set the tone pretty much for this game. The Steelers at least got to see how they measured up against the Pats and they did some good things like moved the ball and ran the ball well with Parker, and some bad things like have too many breakdowns on defense. The bottom line is the lead is down to one once again in the division the with the Browns the Steelers need to take care of the Jags next week here at home and get this division wrapped up and the 3 seed. The Steelers just have to play this thing out and who knows maybe they will get a chance to see this Pats team again in about 5-6 weeks.

Yeah that first drive of the second half when we did nothing was just killer too. All in all there were some positives on offense but the secondary was just horrific today, I've never seem our guys bite so much on big plays, every single time they were caught looking in the backfield.

If we don't take care of the Jags it's going to get ugly.

steelcitysfinestXL
12-09-2007, 08:42 PM
Yeah that first drive of the second half when we did nothing was just killer too. All in all there were some positives on offense but the secondary was just horrific today, I've never seem our guys bite so much on big plays, every single time they were caught looking in the backfield.
If we don't take care of the Jags it's going to get ugly.

Yea you have... when the colts handed us our @ss in th SBXL year... first play: playaction Manning to Marvin Ike posterized looking in the back field... we'll move on and adjust!!! And hopefully we'll get a chance to go back there like we did in indy

seth_westover
12-09-2007, 08:44 PM
yup thats what im talkin about XL!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Yea you have... when the colts handed us our @ss in th SBXL year... first play: playaction Manning to Marvin Ike posterized looking in the back field... we'll move on and adjust!!! And hopefully we'll get a chance to go back there like we did in indy

Exactly.....We can just hope the Coaches adjust things and maybe make a run in the play-offs.....It sucks losing but I'm excited about the rest of the season no matter what...

seth_westover
12-09-2007, 08:49 PM
yep and will see how a tomlin coached team does in the playoffs! i love coach t! anyone see his post game conference?

BlackGold4vr
12-09-2007, 09:23 PM
At this point we better not guarantee anything the rest of the year except that we guarantee we won't make any more guarantees that we don't know for sure we can back up.

Just an observation. Most of the time the team that made the guarantee gets it broke off in their ***! Case in point.

NO MORE GUARANTEES!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2007, 09:29 PM
Just an observation. Most of the time the team that made the guarantee gets it broke off in their ***! Case in point.

NO MORE GUARANTEES!

Can someone please explain that Anthony Smith???? I know he's young and he's a trash talker, that's part of his game but watch your mouth dude and just play the game.

DIESELMAN
12-09-2007, 09:31 PM
I'm sure Smith has learned his lesson from both the game and what he's gettin in the locker room right about now. The only thing to do now is respond, wake the **** up and get to playin Steeler football next week.

MDSteel15
12-10-2007, 12:56 AM
Can someone please explain that Anthony Smith???? I know he's young and he's a trash talker, that's part of his game but watch your mouth dude and just play the game.

He was doing so well when NOT in front of the camera. Tomlin should relegat him to No-media Interviews!

Prosdo
12-10-2007, 12:04 PM
They also kind of misquoted him. The media blew it way out of proportion.

AZ_Steeler
12-10-2007, 12:43 PM
The Steelers definitely had their chances... have they even come out of the locker room yet since half time, because I haven't heard anything yet? :dunno: