PDA

View Full Version : Ward smiles about Smith comment.....

DIESELMAN
12-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Hines Ward took the comment with a smile. The game’s most physical receiver craves that kind of respect.

“I feed off that,” Ward said. “I’m a little screwy up in the brain I guess. I just take a different mentality: I expect to get hit. There are guys that want to knock the smile off my face so bad, but when I catch it, after they hit me, I still get up smiling.”

And Ward’s opinion of the Steelers’ defensive backs?

“They want to see me on another team so they can come out and hit me,” he said with a laugh. “They really want to hit me in practice. We’ve got some hitters on this team: Anthony Smith, Troy (Polamalu), Ike, T.C. Those guys live and die for hitting somebody. I’m glad to have them on my team.”

Smith and safety Tyrone Carter (http://pit.scout.com/a.z?s=68&p=8&c=1&nid=3269487) had the Cincinnati receivers looking over their shoulder last week. Ike Taylor (http://pit.scout.com/a.z?s=68&p=8&c=1&nid=2981470) and McFadden are big-hitting cornerbacks while Deshea Townsend (http://pit.scout.com/a.z?s=68&p=8&c=1&nid=2981471) is a smaller cover corner who just might be the best form tackler of the bunch. Until Smith became the focal point of the game by agreeing to a reporter’s question, Moss remains the focal point in the Steelers’ film room, as he was for the Eagles and Ravens the last two weeks. Carter was asked if the Steelers’ secondary can match the physical example set by the Eagles and Ravens.

“As a secondary? Can WE be more physical than Baltimore? What? Are you talking about Baltimore? Can OUR secondary be more physical than Baltimore’s?” Carter asked as he grew more upset with each word.

“Look man, I think our secondary IS physical and I think we’re more physical than Baltimore on the back end. The Eagles were physical. They’ve got (Brian) Dawkins back there and (J.R.) Reed. They were pretty physical. They laid some hits on Moss in that game as well. But our guys, we’re always physical, man. Since Day One we’ve been physical.”

Carter confirmed what Smith made so obvious on Wednesday: The Steelers’ secondary can’t wait for Sunday’s game.
“No doubt. I know I can’t,” Carter said. “Guys are ready. We like the challenge and we know every week it’s got to be up to us. We always know that. We go into every game thinking that. Shea always emphasizes that it always starts with us. What more can you ask for?”

We all knew Hines would like his comment, and its good to hear our secondary is amped up for this game. Prediction or not, we're gunning for ya Moss and Co. :helmet:

P4E*
12-07-2007, 01:02 PM
BRING IT!!!!

AZ_Steeler
12-07-2007, 01:09 PM
Let's just hope they don't focus too much on Moss because there is still Stallworth and Welker...

P4E*
12-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Let's just hope they don't focus too much on Moss because there is still Stallworth and Welker...

And dont forget Gaffney,Watson and faulk bro..there are so many options for us..Gaffney is a very dangerous WR..he seems to get no attention from teams because of Welker,Moss and Stallwoth but,he is one dangerous costumer,the patriots have so many wepons it's SCARY

BlackGold4vr
12-07-2007, 01:36 PM
Those that don't respect history are doomed to repeat it. We stopped their last winning streak and there is no reason to believe that we can't stop this one as well. I believe we match up well against this team and we can beat them. They are a good team and without a doubt the class of the NFL right now. They are not Gods and they are not invincible. The longer we are in this game the more the players will feed off of that and start believing they can win. We jump on them early and get a lead....it's game on! We fall behind early by multiple scores.....we could be in trouble. Regardless of who wins this game these two teams will still have a great chance of seeing each other again in January.

:towelwave: :gs:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-07-2007, 01:58 PM
And dont forget Gaffney,Watson and faulk bro..there are so many options for us..Gaffney is a very dangerous WR..he seems to get no attention from teams because of Welker,Moss and Stallwoth but,he is one dangerous costumer,the patriots have so many wepons it's SCARY

Don't forget we have Heath, Hines, Santonio, Fast Willie, Nate, Matt Spaeth, and Cedric too so it's about dead even in terms of who has to guard who on each others defense. It all comes down to execution, tackling, and turnovers.

SteelerFan87
12-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Don't forget we have Heath, Hines, Santonio, Fast Willie, Nate, Matt Spaeth, and Cedric too so it's about dead even in terms of who has to guard who on each others defense. It all comes down to execution, tackling, and turnovers.

Exactly. Nate is better than Gaffney. Wilson is probably about equal to Gaffney.

Looking at it from the bottom up,

Wilson = Gaffney
Spaeth > Kyle Brady (in terms of receiving)
Nate < D.Stallworth
Miller = Watson
Ward > Welker
Holmes < Moss

So the weapons in the passing game aren't nearly as big of an advantage for NE as people think. Add to that the fact that our defense is better than theirs, and it becomes even closer.

K Train
12-07-2007, 03:01 PM
ok i would like to point out that stallworth is garbage.....hes a #3 WR behind Moss and Welker...hes very fast but hes really does suck *** Brady looks to him 4th or 5th and i would like to think hes not gonna have time for a 4th or 5th read

kgreen
12-07-2007, 03:31 PM
BRING IT!!!!

Oh.........we will, don't worry!:tt02::tt02::tt02:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

Yes.........however the Mad Scientist will have something for you and it will be pretty!

steelersgal86
12-08-2007, 08:44 AM
BRING IT!!!!

It's on....and tomorrow we will win!!!:bigthumb:

:gs:

DIESELMAN
12-08-2007, 08:50 AM
It's on....and tomorrow we will win!!!:bigthumb:

:gs:

Yeah Baby!!!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!
:cope::cope::cope::cope::cope:

steelernewb50
12-08-2007, 09:03 AM
GO STEELERS!

yinzer
12-08-2007, 12:05 PM

who, who, and who?? moss is a wimp who is scared to get hit, stallworth couldn't catch a cold in alaska, and welker can't do anything unless tom gaydee throws one of his infamous 5 yard passes. your team is soft. real soft. if tom brady isn't perfect tomorrow, a lot of Patsies receivers are gonna be helped off the field.

BlackGold4vr
12-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Could somebody PLEASE remind me which of these two teams has more recently won a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP! Last I checked 2005 comes after 2004 or maybe I'm just crazy....

:hilarious:

yinzer
12-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Could somebody PLEASE remind me which of these two teams has more recently won a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP! Last I checked 2005 comes after 2004 or maybe I'm just crazy....

:hilarious:

yep. and i think 5 rings is more than 3 rings. but who's counting?

steelcitysfinestXL
12-08-2007, 03:02 PM
yep. and i think 5 rings is more than 3 rings. but who's counting?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!:tt02: They didnt even know what football was is Mass. in the 70's!!!!! It was all Celtics, Clam Chowder and "damn-it, why the hell did we trade Babe Ruth to the Yankess"

dick rasile
12-08-2007, 03:20 PM
We all knew Hines would like his comment, and its good to hear our secondary is amped up for this game. Prediction or not, we're gunning for ya Moss and Co. :helmet:
The Steeler backs are all great tacklers and they should be when you play off the players like they do that's all you can do is tackle. Now if a few of these big mouths were good enough to cover a player and could pick off a halfway decent number of passes they could blab to the press.