PDA

View Full Version : Member Spotlight: AZ_Steeler

AZ_Steeler
12-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Steeler Addicts Member Spotlight:
AZ_Steeler

Member Spotlight Questions:

How long have you been a Steeler fan? For as long as I can remember (30+ years). Watching the Steelers is something my Dad and I use to do every weekend when I was little... those were the days!

What made you become a fan of the Steelers? Growing up in the part of Ohio I lived, you really had to choose between the Steelers and Browns. Being my Dad was a Steelers fan is what made me one as well.

Who is your favorite Player currently on the Steelers roster? For defense it's really a toss up between Anthony Smith and Troy Polamalu, probably more Troy though. Then for offense probably Holmes.

Why are they your favorite player? I like Smith and Palamalu just because of what they bring to the defense. Two guys lurking on the other side of the ball just waiting to knock you into next week! I'm more of a defensive guy, but I like Holmes just because of his Ohio State connection :D

Who is your favorite Steeler of the past? My all-time favorite Steeler is Rod Woodson

What is your favorite Steelers memory? My favorite Steeler memory isn't really about any of the games... it's watching all the games as a kid with my Dad

What is your favorite sport to watch other than football? Basketball - Doesn't matter if it's college or NBA, it's always been my favorite but I excelled personally on the football field

How did you find Steeler Addicts? I had just joined another board and a guy by the name of BlitzburghRockCity had just left there and Prosdo had posted a link to where he had went... so here I am! I stuck around here at SA because it had more to offer than just a forum and it was fairly new and I wanted to be a part of something I could tell was going to be awesome!

Sum up your thoughts on Steeler Addicts in a few sentences? The staff is great! We all seem to be on the same page, have the same goals, and sometimes we even are thinking the same things which is scary. However, the staff can only take a site so far. Once a place reaches a certain point that's when the members of the board take over and really help a site take off which is why SA has become what it is today.

What do you do for a living? I am a Software Engineer for one of the biggest computer companies... A lot of the NFL stuff is sponsored by them :D

What is one thing that might surprise people to know about you? don't know... I need to think about it

What is one thing that everybody knows you for? My friends outside of SA know me as being very laid back, easy going, and when asked to get something done it's done.

What kind of car or truck do you drive? Honda Accord

If you could change 1 thing about yourself what would it be? I'm taking the 5th on this one...

What are your hobbies & interests outside of posting on SA? I have a motorcycle that I don't ride much since my son was born, playing sports and trying to teach my son how to throw a football :D

Favorite TV show? Lost, Amazing Race, The Office, My Name is Earl, SportsCenter and American Chopper

Favorite video games? The Splinter Cell Series, followed by 2K Football

Does your family enjoy watching football with you or do they run and hide when the game is on? It depends... sometimes my wife will watch the game with me. My cats aren't around much when I'm watching a game

What type of Steelers game day rituals do you do? I try not to get into any rituals, but in 05 during the playoffs and Super Bowl I started getting a #7 meal from Taco Bell. That will continue once they get back to the playoffs.

Your favorite gametime food & beverage? Mountain Dew with Wings, Pizza or chips and dip. Can't go wrong with any of those...

How many Steeler games have you attended in your lifetime? 2... A preseason game in 2006 against the Cardinals in Glendale, then this season (2007) for a regular season game against the Cardinals again in Glendale. I still need to make the pilgrimage to a game at Heinz Field... one day!

Three Rivers Stadium or Heinz Field? I always thought Three Rivers was a better baseball field than a football field, so I would have to say Heinz Field... besides HF has real grass.

Immaculate Reception or "The Tackle" "The Tackle" because I can remember watching that game

BB2W
12-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Cool... always enjoy reading these. :redcool:

PsychoWard
12-06-2007, 08:16 PM
great read az!!!!! rod was my favrorite as well!!!:bigthumb:

Deb
12-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Very cool Reading Chris

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Nice read AZ !! Thanks for sharing, try staring your boy with a nerf ball ,he might be able to hold it better !!

DIESELMAN
12-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Nice!! I like these too, great interview. :bigthumb:

Prosdo
12-07-2007, 03:15 AM
Pretty interesting

BlitzburghNation
12-07-2007, 03:35 AM
Great read AZ,,,,,, :clap: Love that pizza also,,,,,,,,:bigthumb:

Interesting playoff ritual,,,,,,,I started getting a #7 meal from Taco Bell. That will continue once they get back to the playoffs.

What's in a #7 anyways ~~~:haha:

SteelerBee43
12-07-2007, 03:52 AM
Nicely done A_Z and glad to know more about you.:yesnod:

steelersgal86
12-07-2007, 06:57 AM
Very nice!!! Got to love that Mountain Dew:bigthumb:

AZ_Steeler
12-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Great read AZ,,,,,, :clap: Love that pizza also,,,,,,,,:bigthumb:

Interesting playoff ritual,,,,,,,I started getting a #7 meal from Taco Bell. That will continue once they get back to the playoffs.

What's in a #7 anyways ~~~:haha:

The #7 here is the Chicken/Steak Quesadilla with a taco and Mt Dew :D I usually throw in a spicy burrito or a fiesta burrito :bigthumb:

AZ_Steeler
12-10-2007, 07:54 PM
I guess I should have got a #7 this past weekend instead of my Spicey Garlic wings at BWW :(

floodcitygirl
12-11-2007, 12:04 AM
"What is one thing that might surprise people to know about you? don't know... I need to think about it"

What do you mean you need to think about it??? Didn't you make up the questions for this interview back at the beginning???? lol

Good to read more about you AZ.

NOVA STEELERS
12-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Nice Read Chris, good to be able to find out more about the CO-WINNER in Survival Football :clap: :cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-13-2007, 06:17 PM
The #7 here is the Chicken/Steak Quesadilla with a taco and Mt Dew :D I usually throw in a spicy burrito or a fiesta burrito :bigthumb:

I bet your wife just loves that dragon breath you have after eating that :lol: