PDA

View Full Version : Max has played well...

BB2W
12-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Max has played well, and as bad as our o-line has been you couldn't help but notice his play. He actually looks better on the left side.

As if we didn't have enough questions on the o-line going into next year... now he is playing well, and is looking like one of the stronger links on the line.

Any thoughts of keeping him?

BlitzburghNation
12-05-2007, 08:16 PM
I say yes,,,,,,,,Let's keep him,maybe he's been playing on the wrong side all this time :dunno:

But he's been playing great thus far,,,,,,,:bigthumb:
I just hope we find a way to keep Faneca :crossfingers:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-05-2007, 08:27 PM
It's not out of the question for him to comeback especially if he gets more playing time this year and does well. I think it will be a matter of simply how much money he is willing to take to take to stay here. Willie Colon has not been stellar this year so it may be another open competition come next camp.

BB2W
12-05-2007, 08:33 PM
I think one factor that may help him is Colon could always move back to guard. :dunno:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Yeah and with Faneca gone there may be an opportunity for Colon to try his hand at LG and then Starks could move back to RT or even Marvel Smith could move to RT and Starks to LT...

K Train
12-05-2007, 08:51 PM
this week should be a good chance to judge his play

BlitzburghRockCity
12-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Yeah I'd say so, Belicheat is a mastermind at scheming for a team on any particular week so I fully expect our OL to have their hands full this week..but at that the same time it is their time to step up and be counted on. If there was a ever a time for them to come together and start putting a string of consistent performances together, it's right now.

Stlrs4Life
12-05-2007, 10:13 PM
I think one factor that may help him is Colon could always move back to guard. :dunno:

What I was thinking. Since Faneca will be gone. We also need to pick up a new Center.

DIESELMAN
12-05-2007, 10:34 PM
Yeah I'd say so, Belicheat is a mastermind at scheming for a team on any particular week so I fully expect our OL to have their hands full this week..but at that the same time it is their time to step up and be counted on. If there was a ever a time for them to come together and start putting a string of consistent performances together, it's right now.

Don't know about you guys but I'm a little worried about the Mahan-Wilfork matchup, he's only got 1 sack but he is a big boy, Mahan has problems with big DT's, hell he's got problems with everybody :lol:

yinzer
12-06-2007, 10:38 AM
Max has played well, and as bad as our o-line has been you couldn't help but notice his play. He actually looks better on the left side.

As if we didn't have enough questions on the o-line going into next year... now he is playing well, and is looking like one of the stronger links on the line.

Any thoughts of keeping him?

I agree with you. I also read that Smith practiced and might start on Sunday. I don't know if I like that or not. Max looks good on the left and Ben hasn't been blind sided since Max has been in there.:dunno:

GoBenGo
12-06-2007, 10:51 AM
still searching for that CHEMISTRY. Getting better every week. I think Max should stay. Blind side is important.