PDA

View Full Version : Ward at RB

ARKIESTEEL
12-05-2007, 04:12 PM
Hines Ward played RB and QB in college anyone think he could be used at that again? I was thinking maybe do some of that "wildhog" stuff that Arkansas was doing with D Mac let Hines and Willie line up back there and Hines could either run it, throw it, hand it off, or run the option. Just to throw teams of balance, we could even line up Ben at WR or TE and run a trick play from that. I am not talking all the time but ever now and then would might work:dunno:

I know goofy but sometimes you have to think out of the box.:scratch:

JensK
12-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Randle El anyone? It sounds like a nice trick play, and hell.. It worked against Seahawks in 05 :P

Stlrs4Life
12-05-2007, 05:34 PM
I guees anything is possible, but highky unlikely.

K Train
12-05-2007, 05:35 PM
:scratch:

steelcitysfinestXL
12-05-2007, 05:37 PM
um... i think NFL defenses are WAY too fast for that ... dont you think Vick and Dunn woulda been doing that for years.... sounds nice maybe when Hines was 23-24...

K Train
12-05-2007, 05:41 PM
this isnt college ball

GoBenGo
12-05-2007, 05:59 PM
SLASH!!
http://i15.tinypic.com/81q8e4z.jpg
:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:
While we're at it, Heath and Ced both were QBs in HS, and Ike, Smith, and Troy all did time in offensive backfield, succesfully.:popcorn:

BlitzburghNation
12-05-2007, 07:00 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing some trick plays,,,,,,,, :bigthumb:
Just as long as we win :towelwave:

Dee Mca
12-05-2007, 07:34 PM
How about the old swing gate play. Break the cuddle(Boomers old huddle 2 yards off ball) with like 10 secs on 30 sec clock. Line 3 to the left everyone else to the right and did a screen and just swing the gate open.

BB2W
12-05-2007, 07:43 PM
The more touches for Ward the better, but I don't see him lining up at runningback or taking snaps. Although, I'm not opposed to the idea.

Might be some nice trick plays... I doubt he would get stopped on a QB draw near the goaline. :helmet:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-05-2007, 08:19 PM
It's been awhile since we saw him take some direct snaps or do a reverse and throw it so that would be something that would be cool to see him do again.

steelcitysfinestXL
12-05-2007, 10:25 PM
i dont think that would be a good dea unless we had a nice lead... we would have to have them down late, in a desperate state for them to fall for a trick play!!! As much as i hate BB this team is too well coached to fall for some Boise State Bullish

ARKIESTEEL
12-06-2007, 06:32 AM
Was just a thought

memphissteelergirl
12-06-2007, 10:21 AM
It's been awhile since we saw him take some direct snaps or do a reverse and throw it so that would be something that would be cool to see him do again.

:iagree:

dick rasile
12-06-2007, 12:33 PM
Hines Ward played RB and QB in college anyone think he could be used at that again? I was thinking maybe do some of that "wildhog" stuff that Arkansas was doing with D Mac let Hines and Willie line up back there and Hines could either run it, throw it, hand it off, or run the option. Just to throw teams of balance, we could even line up Ben at WR or TE and run a trick play from that. I am not talking all the time but ever now and then would might work:dunno:

I know goofy but sometimes you have to think out of the box.:scratch:

Are you nuts, why would any coach expose Hines Ward to the impact that the running back position would put him in. He's performing his job quite well. The young backs need to step up and show the front office why we drafted them.

ARKIESTEEL
12-06-2007, 12:56 PM
Are you nuts, why would any coach expose Hines Ward to the impact that the running back position would put him in. He's performing his job quite well. The young backs need to step up and show the front office why we drafted them.

I bet the hits the WR take are ever bit as bad as running one up the middle ever now and then...........

BB2W
12-06-2007, 05:15 PM
The young backs need to step up and show the front office why we drafted them.The Steelers didn't draft any of the runningbacks on this team. :scratch:

SteelerFan87
12-13-2007, 04:11 PM
Most Ironic. Thread. EVER.