PDA

View Full Version : Patriots Vs Steelers

P4E*
12-05-2007, 09:22 AM
So what kinda game do you expect??

DIESELMAN
12-05-2007, 09:57 AM
I think it will be a battle the whole game, it will seesaw with action from both sides. Leaving fans from both teams on the edge of their seats the whole game.

AZ_Steeler
12-05-2007, 10:56 AM
I see it as a statement game for the Steelers.... the Steelers have 2 AFCC games and 1 home loss where the Refs gave the Pats an extra 51 seconds to avenge! Granted most of the guys on the team weren't on the team for the 1st AFCC game, but a lot of them were there in 2004 :cope:

PsychoWard
12-05-2007, 10:59 AM
i think that mr laboue has been paying attention to the last two pats games and how they were so close and we will captilize on that. and we defintaly have the better defence out of the ravens and the eagles. so i think yes we are going to make a statement i say we win 34-3 you heard it here first!

steelersgal86
12-05-2007, 11:01 AM
i think that mr laboue has been paying attention to the last two pats games and how they were so close and we will captilize on that. and we defintaly have the better defence out of the ravens and the eagles. so i think yes we are going to make a statement i say we win 34-3 you heard it here first!

wow 34-3 I hope so....but I think it will be closer than that...but we will win:tt02:

JensK
12-05-2007, 11:26 AM
I don't think we can keep Patriots away from scoring a TD. We can, however, keep it to a minimum.

I say Pittsburgh wins 25-17!

GoBenGo
12-05-2007, 11:53 AM
So what kinda game do you expect??

A very good one! Patriots will make some adjustments from Ratturdland, but I believe the blueprint for a win is there.'Turds lost that game, Pats didn't win it, If the Steelers get the ball with 8 min left and the lead, it's over baby, close it out. FWP should have a good day, carries more speed into the secondary, our O line blocks more into the secondary, and if the Pats tackle like they did monday, Big day for FWP. Pressure on Brady will be key, he is the catalyst.Keep them in 3rd and 12+, and stay out of those situations on offense. Limit them to field goals as much as possible, as the 'Turds did. Pittsburgh will win by 10, and finish the game with a clock -killing drive(unlike the 'Turds).
I expect a very physical game from Pittsbugh, stepping up and taking it to them. Getting their big play guys out of rythm. Jam 'em.
My prediction Steelers 31 Pastries 21
And the Undefeated season:
http://i8.tinypic.com/6khlvuo.jpg

BlitzburghRockCity
12-05-2007, 11:56 AM
I think it will be a battle the whole game, it will seesaw with action from both sides. Leaving fans from both teams on the edge of their seats the whole game.

I agree, I think this is where the Pats luck runs out in close games and we pull out the win.

NOVA STEELERS
12-05-2007, 01:55 PM
DAILY DETAILS for Foxboro, MA

Partly Cloudy High - 35F

Precip 20%

Wind: WSW 5 mph
Max. Humidity: 68%
UV Index: 1 Low

Sunrise: 7:01 AM ET
Avg. High: 42F

Mostly Cloudy Overnight Low 33F

Precip 10%

Wind: S 5 mph
Max. Humidity: 82%

Sunset: 4:13 PM ET
Avg. Low: 25F

Looks like its gonna be cold and dry....... Nice hitting weather :cope:

black an gold 4 life
12-05-2007, 02:00 PM
IF WE PLAY PHYSICAL ALL GAME LIKE THE RATBIRDS DID WE HAVE THE OFFENSE 2 BEAT THESE BUMS, BIG BEN HAS 2 B REAL CAREFUL WITH THE BALL SO DOES WILLIE, MEMO 2 WILLIE GARY RUSSELL IS WAITING 4 HIS TIME 2 SHINE,IF BIG BEN TAKES CARE OF THE BALL WE WILL WIN I THINK IT'S GOING 2 BE US 31-28..................................

Mach1
12-05-2007, 03:00 PM
I picked cheaters in a close one. Simply because the refs will refuse to let them lose. IMO

SteelerFan87
12-05-2007, 03:26 PM
i say we win 34-3 you heard it here first!

I wish! :lol:

I think we can win, but I don't think it will be by THAT much. :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-05-2007, 03:43 PM
I wish! :lol:

I think we can win, but I don't think it will be by THAT much. :lol:

If it is they'll chalk it up to a fluke by the Pats but if we win a close one then they'll be more apt to actually acknowledge we were the better team that day.

K Train
12-05-2007, 03:46 PM
this seems to be an overwhelming majority lol.

If we lose, cant say i would be shocked....but i do think our guys are capable of beating these guys and making the world see that they arent immortal

GoBenGo
12-05-2007, 04:07 PM
this seems to be an overwhelming majority lol.

If we lose, cant say i would be shocked....but i do think our guys are capable of beating these guys and making the world see that they arent immortal

I agree! Other than momentum and psyche, it is a meaningless game, If we win , Pastie will still get 1 seed, and we should get #2, same if a loss. Dosen't effect the big picture much.
I would like to dial them down a few though. A little reality check for them.

K Train
12-05-2007, 04:11 PM
We are capable of giving them a beat down...they REALLY lucked out the last 2 weeks, theyve gotta be shaken up a bit and the pressure is really building, you can tell...teams have been here before and this is where they fall apart a little...win or lose were getting the #3 seed in the playoffs

JensK
12-05-2007, 04:24 PM
You would think Steelers can play under any conditions they may bring after the last two games :P

Pats
12-05-2007, 04:58 PM
I picked cheaters in a close one. Simply because the refs will refuse to let them lose. IMO

Don't be hating. Its was not the refs or the pats who called the timeout.

Dee Mca
12-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Saw that everyone should be able to play except for Davenport didn't see anything on him.If the defense plays like the Ravens and Eagles did we'll shut the offense down.

P4E*
12-05-2007, 06:46 PM
You steelerfans are a trip..you honestly think you come into new england and beat us?..i dont think so,the pats have a big,big point to prove after two poor games,you will feel the backlash on sunday..

im gonna predict that the pats win 37-20

T.Brady 324 Yds 3 tds

W.Welker 11 Catches 123 yds 2 Tds

R.Harrison 11 Tackles 1 Pick(LasT pick Rod had against the steelers went to the house didn't it?..LOL)

M.Vrabel 7 Tackles 2 sacks 1 FF 1 FR

DIESELMAN
12-05-2007, 06:52 PM
You steelerfans are a trip..you honestly think you come into new england and beat us?..i dont think so,the pats have a big,big point to prove after two poor games,you will feel the backlash on sunday..

T.Brady 324 Yds 3 tds

R.Harrison 11 Tackles 1 Pick(LasT pick Rod had against the steelers went to the house didn't it?..LOL)

What? No stats for Moss? Oh yeah, he'll be in the fetal position for most of the game :lol:

K Train
12-05-2007, 07:04 PM

T.Brady 324 Yds 3 tds

interesting stats....

you pats fans are a "trip" thinking the patriots are gods gift to football...i'll just wait for the game rather than come up with completely random numbers.

also, last time rodney played us he blew out his knee in a big way and we have no reason to be afraid of that old mother****er

Blitzburgh55
12-05-2007, 07:26 PM

T.Brady 324 Yds 3 tds

Wait who broke the pats 21 win streak before

PsychoWard
12-05-2007, 07:36 PM

T.Brady 324 Yds 3 tds

thats pretty funny. they funny thing is is that the patriots haven't faced a D like the steelers all year!!! we are going to rattle tom brady so bad he won't know what state he is in!!! and those 3 td that you speak of are going to be 3 picks!!!!!

BlitzburghNation
12-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Most nail biting game of the year for us,,,,,,,,I'm hoping we pull out a winner
in a close nip & tuck game !

Steelers 30

Patzeez 27

steelcitysfinestXL
12-05-2007, 10:36 PM
31-20 steelers...steelers will come out on fire and put up some points early and stuff the "Greatest Offense Ever" in the first half 21-6!! Brady & Co. will mount a comeback in the late 3rd early fourth before Ben makes a big play to put thos one on ice!!! the Don Shula takes a deep breath!!! Bold prediction i could imagine anything could happen in this game... i could see them beaing us down 35-9 or us beating them down the same way!!!

BlitzburghNation
12-06-2007, 12:12 AM
First a rat-turd fan,,,,,,,Now a Patzeez fan on a steeler site :haha:

They know where the best team and best fans are :greengrin: :stirpot:

Steelersfan
12-06-2007, 12:54 AM
I said the Steelers in a close one. Gotta have faith in my team! Plus being up here in Maine I don't want to have to listen to all these damn Pats fans once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But in all honesty I think the Steelers need to play better than they have all year to beat the Pats in NE. We have the players, the potential and all that, now it's time to start putting it all together. I still have some doubts about Tomlin having this team ready. Not saying he is a bad coach, just been seeing too much of the same **** Cowher gave us. If we have to rely on Parker running out the clock I think we lose at the end. He's just not that type of back and the coaches need to see that for once! Davenport was the closes thing we had to that and he is out so I hope they have a plan.

Madden King
12-06-2007, 01:00 AM
To me, that was the most entertaining MNF game since last year's thrilling comeback victory for the Bears over the Cards in the desert. :D

SteelCityPride08
12-06-2007, 03:21 PM
This game is going to be very interesting. We need to open the holes for fast willie and keep the pats off the field as much as possible so they don't in their groove. I have a feeling this is going to be the hardest game offensively for the patriots.

Jeff
12-06-2007, 06:58 PM
I agree with the majority that this will be a close game. I just have the Pats pulling it out.

portcityblackandgold
12-07-2007, 06:46 AM
I predict some key Patriots dont make it to the the end of the game. I see our defense smellin the fear on their WR's and some big drops on big plays all day due to the fear factor and alligator arms. I see the STEELER DEFENSE takin one to the house. I see Big Ben, Fast Willie, and Heath the Hun havin big games. I see our second victory in Dec, en route to another undefeated December.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-07-2007, 06:55 AM
I said the Steelers in a close one. Gotta have faith in my team! Plus being up here in Maine I don't want to have to listen to all these damn Pats fans once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But in all honesty I think the Steelers need to play better than they have all year to beat the Pats in NE. We have the players, the potential and all that, now it's time to start putting it all together. I still have some doubts about Tomlin having this team ready. Not saying he is a bad coach, just been seeing too much of the same shiat Cowher gave us. If we have to rely on Parker running out the clock I think we lose at the end. He's just not that type of back and the coaches need to see that for once! Davenport was the closes thing we had to that and he is out so I hope they have a plan.

Davenport was practicing and should be available this weekend to play last I heard. :crossfingers:

Hopefully you'll be able to listen to them whine and make excuses rather than listening to them gloat :bluelol:

P4E*
12-07-2007, 08:12 AM
Wait who broke the pats 21 win streak before

That would be the steelers..who beat you twice in AFCG??

DIESELMAN
12-07-2007, 09:49 AM
That would be the steelers..who beat you twice in AFCG??

yeah yeah yeah, that was then, this is now. A new coaching staff and new ways of doin things. One thing for sure, its going to be one hell of a game. :bigthumb:

P4E*
12-07-2007, 12:59 PM
yeah yeah yeah, that was then, this is now. A new coaching staff and new ways of doin things. One thing for sure, its going to be one hell of a game. :bigthumb:

I Cant wait bro..im so pumped and it's only freakin friday..it's gonna be one hell of a game

LETS GO PATS!!!!!!

Ambridge
12-07-2007, 07:32 PM
If the Steelers and Willie Parker don't establish and get any kind of production out of the running attack this game will be OVER by half time.

Willie runs well, gets a 100+ yds then they have a chance.....even with that I think it will be a tall task to go up there and pull out a win especially with a suspect offensive line.

New England-31
Pittsburgh-17

Mike Tomlin
12-07-2007, 07:44 PM
If we put good hits on Randy and Welker it should get ugly. The Pats don't run the ball and they can't expect to just turn it on especially against our D. If our O takes care of the ball and special teams hold up it could get ugly for the Pats.

Silverback 92
12-07-2007, 07:47 PM
I think FWP has a Great Game as long as the O-line comes to play...I think our D terrorizes Brady ALL DAY LONG !!

Ambridge
12-07-2007, 07:54 PM
If we put good hits on Randy and Welker it should get ugly. The Pats don't run the ball and they can't expect to just turn it on especially against our D. If our O takes care of the ball and special teams hold up it could get ugly for the Pats.

Even if the Steelers contain Moss, Welker and Stallworth they need to watch Kevin Faulk with the quick draw and the short dump off pass........and the quick pass to TE Ben Watson.

Steelersfan
12-08-2007, 01:41 AM
Even if the Steelers contain Moss, Welker and Stallworth they need to watch Kevin Faulk with the quick draw and the short dump off pass........and the quick pass to TE Ben Watson.

If we contain them, we are in the game. It would be up to our ST's and O to do the rest.
We can't put our D in bad spots. We can't allow big returns on ST's. And we can't turn the ball over! If the Steelers play a solid game like they can this will be a great game to watch, win or lose (WIN!...lol)l But if we start making mistakes it could be a long game. We don't need stupid penalties or plays and can't afford them this game.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-08-2007, 04:37 AM
My God if it comes down to our ST having to make plays for us then we might as well pack it in :lol:

P4E*
12-08-2007, 07:33 AM
If the Steelers and Willie Parker don't establish and get any kind of production out of the running attack this game will be OVER by half time.

Willie runs well, gets a 100+ yds then they have a chance.....even with that I think it will be a tall task to go up there and pull out a win especially with a suspect offensive line.

New England-31
Pittsburgh-17

Great post,honesty is the way to go about these things..everything you said is right,people on here seem to think that because the steelers have the number 1 D and because the pats have had a few lucky games the past few weeks,that this game is for the steelers to lose.people most of forgot the beat downs we put on almost every opponenet we have faced this season,beating the pats in foxboro will be nearly impossible,the steelers have a slim chance of winning,you guys need to remember who you are playing,and where you are playing them.

Lets Go Pats!!!!!!

JensK
12-08-2007, 08:16 AM
Great post,honesty is the way to go about these things..everything you said is right,people on here seem to think that because the steelers have the number 1 D and because the pats have had a few lucky games the past few weeks,that this game is for the steelers to lose.people most of forgot the beat downs we put on almost every opponenet we have faced this season,beating the pats in foxboro will be nearly impossible,the steelers have a slim chance of winning,you guys need to remember who you are playing,and where you are playing them.

Lets Go Pats!!!!!!

*sigh* Oh well, statements like this will just make it more painful when Pats lose.

No really, saying that they got a "slim" chance of winning is rubbish. Steelers got a great chance of winning this game. Pats can be beaten, and as long as the ball is oval everything can happen.

DIESELMAN
12-08-2007, 08:27 AM

Lets Go Pats!!!!!!
The beat downs you refer to have been against mostly less then competitive teams. The past 2 games against Philly and Balt haven't been entirely lucky games where the Pats almost lost. They were against physical defenses which the Pats do have a hard time against. Our D is #1 for a reason, it doesn't guarantee us a victory but it does give us a very good chance at winning. Its great to have confidence in your team, but it borderlines arrogance to think nobody can come in to Foxboro and beat the Patsies. You to need to remember who is coming to town...It is The Pittsburgh Steelers, with the #1 D, a very physical D with a shutdown secondary and LB's with a nasty mean streak in em. Never, ever underestimate your opponent because on any given sunday, any team can win in the NFL.

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!
:cope::cope::cope::cope::cope:

steelernewb50
12-08-2007, 08:37 AM
hmmm, i think that it'll be a close game, one to be decided by probably a field goal. but Reed can handle the pressure, and i hope to SHOVE IT IN THE PATSIES FACES. :)

GoBenGo
12-08-2007, 10:43 AM
I Cant wait bro..im so pumped and it's only freakin friday..it's gonna be one hell of a game

LETS GO PATS!!!!!!:bigthumb: Righto!! It's going to be great! C'mon Sunday! This has the makings of the best game of the year!!:plus1::cabbagepatch: A FOOTBALL FANS GAME!!:banana:

matt89
12-08-2007, 12:00 PM
Its gonna be a close,hard fought game,w/ many lead changes,but big ben leads a game-winning 4th quarter drive

P4E*
12-08-2007, 01:50 PM
The beat downs you refer to have been against mostly less then competitive teams. The past 2 games against Philly and Balt haven't been entirely lucky games where the Pats almost lost. They were against physical defenses which the Pats do have a hard time against. Our D is #1 for a reason, it doesn't guarantee us a victory but it does give us a very good chance at winning. Its great to have confidence in your team, but it borderlines arrogance to think nobody can come in to Foxboro and beat the Patsies. You to need to remember who is coming to town...It is The Pittsburgh Steelers, with the #1 D, a very physical D with a shutdown secondary and LB's with a nasty mean streak in em. Never, ever underestimate your opponent because on any given sunday, any team can win in the NFL.

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!
:cope::cope::cope::cope::cope:

I agree,anyone can beat anyone,just like when you guys lost to the jets and cardinals...tmoz is gonna be close,but everytime the pats play at home,i will take them everytime,if this game was in pittsburgh,it would be a very different story,for me that would be a 50/50 game,foxboro is one hell of a tough place to win at,just like heinz field is,homefield in these big games is huge,as it will prove tmoz when the pats win

It's gonna be a cracker:bigthumb:

Lets Go PATS!!!!

steelcitysfinestXL
12-08-2007, 03:38 PM
I agree,anyone can beat anyone,just like when you guys lost to the jets and cardinals...tmoz is gonna be close,but everytime the pats play at home,i will take them everytime,if this game was in pittsburgh,it would be a very different story,for me that would be a 50/50 game,foxboro is one hell of a tough place to win at,just like heinz field is,homefield in these big games is huge,as it will prove tmoz when the pats win

Lets Go PATS!!!!

I personally think the Pats might be in for a shock... the fact of the matter is the last 2 weeks yinz have had close games against back-up Qbs w/ sputtering-at-best O's!!! Shock may set in when you actually play a team that can put up points!!! The Pats D made Boller and McGahee look like Manning and Addai. I think way too much emphasis is being put on the Pats O (mostly by you!!) and our D!!! In all honesty i think we all might be a lil suprised when its the Pats who may be down multiple scores in the 3rd!!! Just a thought... but maybe you should respect our O a lil... call him Cheeseburger all you want, but if it wasnt for BB and Brady running up the score on defeated opponents... maybe ol'Tommy would NOT be having this Phenominal year, and Ben would be right there in MVP talks!!! I personally dont care about individual awards... i just want a 6th Lombardi !!!

floodcitygirl
12-08-2007, 03:43 PM

Lets Go PATS!!!!You remind me of another English Pat's fan that frequented a Steelers board. Hmmmm......

Blitzburghpete
12-09-2007, 03:53 AM
yep those damm Englsih people get everywhere these days.... DOH!

LOL

I'm expecting the Pitt to come out throwing to set up the run! And our 2ndary will be too good to let the Pats offence get monster yards.

Pitt 24 - Pats 17

P4E*
12-09-2007, 08:23 AM
If we contain them, we are in the game. It would be up to our ST's and O to do the rest.
We can't put our D in bad spots. We can't allow big returns on ST's. And we can't turn the ball over! If the Steelers play a solid game like they can this will be a great game to watch, win or lose (WIN!...lol)l But if we start making mistakes it could be a long game. We don't need stupid penalties or plays and can't afford them this game.

That the only problem playing us,we are pretty awesome on O,and to make it worse,we prolly have the best specila teams unit in the league,watch out for Hobbs on PR nad KR..the guy is a beast,im so pumped for today

Lest hope it's a classic and there are no injuries:bigthumb:

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

LOL

I'm expecting the Pitt to come out throwing to set up the run! And our 2ndary will be too good to let the Pats offence get monster yards.

Pitt 24 - Pats 17

I actually have feeling now that the steelers will only win this by throwing,i think willie will have a decent game,but not a great one,Shoot-out anyone???

im sure new england would like it that way:greengrin:..i know you have the number 1 D guys,but you aint meet any O like this one

Stairwayto7
12-09-2007, 08:34 AM
We will win! But if we lost a close game, this might be in our favor????? Then we could make adjustments for a playoff game!

P4E*
12-09-2007, 08:47 AM
We will win! But if we lost a close game, this might be in our favor????? Then we could make adjustments for a playoff game!

I would so love you guys to get indy in the divisional round and dump there *** out again,im sick of playing the colts in the playoffs

$teeler$guy
12-09-2007, 09:00 AM
i hope to see a blow for the steelers but probably going to be very close

Iron City South
12-09-2007, 09:46 AM
I expect the Pats to blow our doors off.

We're not as good as some of you think we are. Today will prove it.

I guess I should preface my remarks with, "I hope we pull this off" .... I just realize we're not the better team overall.

It can be done.

floodcitygirl
12-09-2007, 11:52 AM

Pete, it has much less to do with where he is from, but more so who he may be. It was just a way of being descriptive not an affront towards the people of England. lol

Mike Tomlin
12-09-2007, 03:41 PM
I personally think the Pats might be in for a shock... the fact of the matter is the last 2 weeks yinz have had close games against back-up Qbs w/ sputtering-at-best O's!!! Shock may set in when you actually play a team that can put up points!!! The Pats D made Boller and McGahee look like Manning and Addai. I think way too much emphasis is being put on the Pats O (mostly by you!!) and our D!!! In all honesty i think we all might be a lil suprised when its the Pats who may be down multiple scores in the 3rd!!! Just a thought... but maybe you should respect our O a lil... call him Cheeseburger all you want, but if it wasnt for BB and Brady running up the score on defeated opponents... maybe ol'Tommy would NOT be having this Phenominal year, and Ben would be right there in MVP talks!!! I personally dont care about individual awards... i just want a 6th Lombardi !!!
:cope:

DoucheWaffle
12-09-2007, 06:51 PM
Patriots! 13-0

P4E*
12-09-2007, 07:04 PM
Great play by our boys so far today,Tom Brady is just amazing,the patriot D outperformed the steeler D.WOW

DoucheWaffle
12-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Where is everybody?? *Crickets*

P4E*
12-09-2007, 07:14 PM
Where is everybody?? *Crickets*

HELL YEAH:bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-09-2007, 07:19 PM
We're in other thread, there are no crickets here...we aren't whiners like the ratbirds are and we don't not show up when we lose.

Iron City South
12-09-2007, 08:06 PM
I expect the Pats to blow our doors off.

We're not as good as some of you think we are. Today will prove it.

I can assure you, This is one thread that I'm not getting ANY satisfaction out of saying, "TOLD YOU SO!"