PDA

View Full Version : Ravens loss to Pats last night can be a good thing in 2 ways...

Troyisabeast_43
12-04-2007, 04:32 PM
First one being that they definitely softened the Pats up for the Steelers some playing a very physical game and having to come right back 5-6 days later on Sunday and play another physical team in the Steelers. Also, by the Pats winning it keeps them undefeated and keeps the Steelers motivated just as much to go down there and try to be the first team to beat them this year. Had the Pats lost that game I think the luster of this game might have been taken off some and maybe the Steelers would have lost their edge slightly just some food for thought. I will not be devistated if the Steelers lose this game so much against the Pats as long as they dont get blown out and play them tough and right to the end. If they can do that and show me that they can play with the Pats then maybe they will can beat them and get another shot at them and beat them when it counts and that is in the playoffs in January.

The other reason Im glad the Ravens lost this game last night is that maybe it will motivate them even more to beat the Colts at home on another primetime game Sunday night. Lets face it had the Ravens beat the Pats last night there is no way they would have beat the Colts this Sunday I dont think. Maybe this will motivate the Ravens to come out and play another great game in primetime again and beat the Colts and help the Steelers still have a shot to get that number 2 seed. The Ravens have now lost 6 in a row they are going to beat somebody again at some point this year why not let it be Indy this week and help the Steelers out especially if the Steelers end up beating the Pats somehow it would put the Steelers right back in control of their own destiny for that number 2 seed in the playoffs. So if the Steelers do end up pulling out this game against the Pats Sunday night somehow then the Steelers all of a sudden become huge huge Ravens fans again Sunday night and root for them to beat the Colts.

P4E*
12-04-2007, 04:46 PM
The pats are out for blood this sunday,there is no way we will play 3 average to bad games in a row,im not saying we will walk all over you but,i fully expect the pats to win.

the ravens/colt game is gonna be an intresting match-up ..if they can run the ball like they did yesterday,and boller can make plays downfield,i can see the ravens D doing enough to win the game,should be a good one next sunday

SteelerFan87
12-04-2007, 04:49 PM
The pats are out for blood this sunday,there is no way we will play 3 average to bad games in a row,im not saying we will walk all over you but,i fully expect the pats to win.

the ravens/colt game is gonna be an intresting match-up if they can run the ball like they did yesterday,and boller can make plays downfiled,i can see the ravens D doing enough to win the game,should be a good one next sunday

Nah, I don't think the Ravens will win next week. They're emotionally spent.

As for the Pats, don't be surprised if the Steelers pull off the upset. :bigthumb:

P4E*
12-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Nah, I don't think the Ravens will win next week. They're emotionally spent.

As for the Pats, don't be surprised if the Steelers pull off the upset. :bigthumb:

If the steelers beat the pats i wouldn't be suprised,i expect you to score21-24 points,our D is simply not good enough,teams can run and throw on the pats with ease it seems,they only problem the steelers will have is stopping are high powered Attack..patriots 34 steelers 24

K Train
12-04-2007, 04:58 PM
#1 pass defense, #2 Run defense and #1 overall....at least give it some credit

DIESELMAN
12-04-2007, 04:58 PM
With 2 close, emotional games in a row, the Eagles throwin on them and the Ratbirds runnin on them, I'd say the Patsies psyche and confidence is a little rattled right now, especially with the Steelers next up. This won't be a easy game for the Patsies to win, they will have to bring their A game just like we will have to do. If they thought that was a hard D to play against in Baltimore, wait until they get a load of the Steelers. Steelers 31-Patsies 30

K Train
12-04-2007, 05:01 PM
i dont think this is gonna be very high scoring to be honest....there air game might get grounded in the cold a little bit

DIESELMAN
12-04-2007, 05:01 PM
they only problem the steelers will have is stopping are high powered Attack

Hell if the Ratbirds can do it, we are the #1 overall D in the league. Tell em K!!

#1 pass defense, #2 Run defense and #1 overall

Troyisabeast_43
12-04-2007, 05:06 PM
The Steelers MUST come out and start fast in this game and control the clock and control the game early in the first quarter and first half. If they dare even start this game out like they did the Jets game and Denver game then the Pats will absolutely destroy the Steelers on Sunday. The Steelers cannot afford to come out in this game flat and sluggish, so Tomlin had better have this team ready to come out and play on the road something he has not done at all the 3 games the Steelers have lost so far this year. If the Steelers are even the slightest bit flat or what not this game its going to be a very very long day in New England.

P4E*
12-04-2007, 05:06 PM
Hell if the Ratbirds can do it, we are the #1 overall D in the league. Tell em K!!

The ravens got in brady's face last night,he had a lot of throws where he was on the run or he was throwing of balance..the steelers secondry doesn't worry me one bit,it's there LB that do,Farrior,Haggans,Foote and harrison are head and shoulders ahead of our LB's..the pats will make big play down field,i can see ben watson(as long as he catches the ball)being a big factor,the patriots are so hard to defend due to the fact that anyone can have a big day.

im so excited..."Here we go patriots here we go":cope::cope::cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-04-2007, 05:09 PM
If anything I would have thought they be all pissed after nearly losing to the Eagles but the Ratbirds came out and gave them everything they could handle. 2 close wins back to back all being pulled out in the last minutes of the game I'd say we are right where we want to be. Coming into their house where they are heavy favorites, 14 points last I checked, and nobody expecting us to win. The pressure is clearly on the Pats to "blow somebody out" and reestablish their dominance in the eyes of the league, right now we have nothing to lose because nobody expects us to win so we can go in there and have fun. If we can stop Carson Palmer and his trio of WR's then we can play with Moss, Brady, Welker, and Stallworth too. It won't be easy and it will take a mistake free game but it can be done and I'm looking forward to see what we might be able to do against them.

K Train
12-04-2007, 05:11 PM
dude, we can get pressure, and to be honest...our secondary is pretty nasty this year, something it hasnt been for a while. We got zero pressure on hasselbeck and they didnt do a thing with all day to throw....i know the pats are better than the hawks but its the same idea.

P4E*
12-04-2007, 05:15 PM
dude, we can get pressure, and to be honest...our secondary is pretty nasty this year, something it hasnt been for a while. We got zero pressure on hasselbeck and they didnt do a thing with all day to throw....i know the pats are better than the hawks but its the same idea.

I respect that but,if you dont get any pressure on brady on sunday he will toast your D all day..the seahawks dont have anyone like welker,stallworth,watson or moss now do they?

Troyisabeast_43
12-04-2007, 05:22 PM
The Pats D is not very good at all. The linebackers are old and slow and other then Samuel their secondary gives up a lot of big plays and they are giving up damn near 5 yards a pop when teams run on them. Ben and this offense definitely can score and make some plays on this D and possess the ball for along time to keep Brady and that offense off of the field. So its just going to come down to not really stopping the Pats offense but more or less just containing them. Dont let them go off and start making big play after big play. I disagree with you TG when you say if we can stop Palmer and his receivers they can do the same with the Pats. Brady is much much more accurate then Carson Palmer and just a much better over Quarterback then Palmer, and these receivers Moss,Welker,Stallworth,Gaffney,and even Watson and Faulk all get open and make plays more so then Chad Johnson,TJ,and Henry. Can the Steelers slow them down?? Absolutely but its going to take nothing short of their best effort to do so.

DIESELMAN
12-04-2007, 05:26 PM
The ravens got in brady's face last night,he had a lot of throws where he was on the run or he was throwing of balance..the steelers secondry doesn't worry me one bit,it's there LB that do,Farrior,Haggans,Foote and harrison are head and shoulders ahead of our LB's..the pats will make big play down field,i can see ben watson(as long as he catches the ball)being a big factor,the patriots are so hard to defend due to the fact that anyone can have a big day.

Granted they have a lot of weapons but you might want to be worried about our secondary. Once we knock Moss and Stallworth in the mouth a few times they'll be pulling turf outta their grills cuz they hit the ground so fast. Welker is the only one I'm worried about-he's as tough as they come, he won't be intimidated like the other 2 will be. Don't forget Timmons and Woodley, you'll see them also and not like you want to see them. Your guys will have a tough day and they know it. Good luck!! :cope: :cope: :cope: :cope: :cope:

GoBenGo
12-04-2007, 05:34 PM

NOPE! All the "weapons" on the Patriots start with Brady. Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Watson, JarJar Gaffney. The Ravens had the gameplan, cut off the head and the snake dies. When Brady is being harassed he is not making downfield plays.( he gets up off the turf and whines to the ref). With a token running game, they lose this one to a much better defense and a more balanced team: The Steelers!
I can't type much here at work, Man, i wish I had more time for this right now, we so have this game!
Here we go Steelers! Here We Go!

P4E*
12-04-2007, 05:39 PM
NOPE! All the "weapons" on the Patriots start with Brady. Moss, Welker, Stallworth, Watson, JarJar Gaffney. The Ravens had the gameplan, cut off the head and the snake dies. When Brady is being harassed he is not making downfield plays.( he gets up off the turf and whines to the ref). With a token running game, they lose this one to a much better defense and a more balanced team: The Steelers!
I can't type much here at work, Man, i wish I had more time for this right now, we so have this game!
Here we go Steelers! Here We Go!WOW..You really think you will come into our house and take the W??..Very confident arn't you bro,we are playing poor right now,but we are still winning,beware,we could blow you away if we get it right sunday,i expect the pats to win,the steelers are a very good allround side,but the pats are at home and have a point to prove:bigthumb:

Mike Tomlin
12-04-2007, 05:45 PM
WOW..You really think you will come into our house and take the W??..Very confident arn't you bro,we are playing poor right now,but we are still winning,beware,we could blow you away if we get it right sunday,i expect the pats to win,the steelers are a very good allround side,but the pats are at home and have a point to prove:bigthumb:
The Pats aren't playing poor, they just played 2 teams that aren't scared to send people after Brady, and we're better than both those teams. You better be worried about our secondary look at the stats, their the best in the league. We don't allow the deep ball plus we got hard hitting safeties which mean Randy will be a none factor. Randys tooo soft

DIESELMAN
12-04-2007, 05:46 PM
WOW..You really think you will come into our house and take the W??..Very confident arn't you bro,we are playing poor right now,but we are still winning,beware,we could blow you away if we get it right sunday,i expect the pats to win,the steelers are a very good allround side,but the pats are at home and have a point to prove:bigthumb:

The Pats aren't playin poor, they're still playin good and barely winning. You ever think that the rest of the league is catching up fast on how to beat the Patsies? Don't think you'll go undefeated either....the Dolphins have something that the Patsies don't....CLASS!!!!! Harrison proved that last night.

DIESELMAN
12-04-2007, 05:47 PM
The Pats aren't playing poor, they just played 2 teams that aren't scared to send people after Brady, and we're better than both those teams. You better be worried about our secondary look at the stats, their the best in the league. We don't allow the deep ball plus we got hard hitting safeties which mean Randy will be a none factor. Randys tooo soft

:plus1: Thats what I'm screaming!!!!! :banana: :banana:

P4E*
12-04-2007, 05:58 PM

Doesn't really matter if randy isn't that much a major factor,he will get major attention from the steelers, therefore opening holes for Welker,watson faulk and stallworth,the pats simply have to many weapons..the patriots D is poor,that i agree on,i expect you to score points but,i expect us to score more

Go Pats!!!

yinzer
12-04-2007, 06:54 PM
I respect that but,if you dont get any pressure on brady on sunday he will toast your D all day..the seahawks dont have anyone like welker,stallworth,watson or moss now do they?

First of all, I give you credit for having the balls to come on to a Stiller site and state your OPINION. But let's stop the nonsense right now. Toast our D all day? Look son, we have the number one defense in the league all around. That includes the secondary. You Gaytriot fans also can look forward to having a stadium packed with Black and Gold. I understand you people are bitter since there is a Stiller bar on almost every corner in your little city. Oh, by the way, don't EVER, EVER put your football team's name in our chant again. You're playing with fire.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

Get your own chant. This one is ours.

Mike Tomlin
12-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Doesn't really matter if randy isn't that much a major factor,he will get major attention from the steelers, therefore opening holes for Welker,watson faulk and stallworth,the pats simply have to many weapons..the patriots D is poor,that i agree on,i expect you to score points but,i expect us to score more

Go Pats!!!Ahhh! that's where your wrong our defense scemes on teams not on individual players, that's the first mistake against New England.
What's next? They don't run the ball and it's gettin bad outside quick lol. Did you see what we did to those receivers for the Bengals, we hit on every oppurtunity in our secondary to let you know it's for real. What happened to Randy after the hit J.R. Reid put on him, he just dissappeared.

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-04-2007, 07:27 PM
You gave up 24 point to the freakin ratbirds with Boller at the helm,:hilarious: You will be playing a better offense.I remember hearing bout the weapons that caution palmjob has in cincy. johnson, non factor whosyourmama, non factor henry ,nonfactor., Bud you do have weapons but how many are willling to get hit after the catch?? Moss will get alligator arms just like Johnson and every other superstar WR that plays us. If we are able to take him out of the equation the rest are not all that stellar.As far as watson is concerned he may catch a few but it ain't like he's gonna roam free all day. If we play to the level of our competition like we have been it should be a great game and hopefully we come out on top!!

BTW HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO !! find your own thing :nono:and 3 does not make a dynasty:nono: !!

Hburg
12-04-2007, 07:38 PM

You don't give the Steelers secondary enough credit. Taylor, Townson, McFadden, Smith, Carter, and Polomalu are shutting down receivers this year, and in the case of Smith, causing a lot of pain while doing it. The Bengals came into Pittsburgh with multiple weapons on offense (Johnson, Houshmanzadah, Henry) and they only managed to put 10 on the board. Although the highlight clips may mislead you, the Steelers secondary has actually been more productive this year in preventing big completions, including 3rd down conversions. That doesn't discredit the line or linebackers at all, Blitzburgh is still in full force. Harrison is the phenom this year, but Foote, and Farrior are strong pass rushers. Brady will have to be on the lookout from all sides.

Also, if Kyle Boller's offense can put up 20 on the Patriots, that's saying something.

BuFu

yinzer
12-04-2007, 08:33 PM

the ravens/colt game is gonna be an intresting match-up ..if they can run the ball like they did yesterday,and boller can make plays downfield,i can see the ravens D doing enough to win the game,should be a good one next sunday

"Out for blood"? That was a nice little cliche'. If your offense got any more one dimensional, it would disappear. Just plan on our defense knocking that hole out of Gaydee's chin this Sunday.

SteelerFan87
12-04-2007, 09:05 PM
P4E, I understand you thinking our secondary isn't that good, because they don't make big plays and get alot of INTs. But the highlights miss the fact that they've been doing a very good job of covering people this year. Anthony Smith is a playmaker and he hits like a train. McFadden is a playmaker, but he's the 3rd CB. Taylor and Townsend aren't flashy, but they cover well, hit hard, and don't give up alot of big plays. Obviously the Bengals aren't as good as the Pats, but they're a pretty good warmup. They too have 3 very dangerous WRs, but we shut them down. I don't think we'll shut down Moss, D.Stallworth, and Welker, but I think we can contain them enough to win. Our front 7 should be able to get pretty good pressure, and they're very strong against the run.

As for predictions, I really have no idea how this game is going to go. It could be a Pats blowout, a Steelers blowout (yes, I do think that's a possibility, although slight) a close Steelers win, or a close Pats win. I think the Steelers will definitely be motivated to bring their A game, so it should be a great game. #1 offense vs #1 defense is always fun.

Mike Tomlin
12-04-2007, 10:15 PM
As for predictions, I really have no idea how this game is going to go. It could be a Pats blowout, a Steelers blowout (yes, I do think that's a possibility, although slight) a close Steelers win, or a close Pats win. I think the Steelers will definitely be motivated to bring their A game, so it should be a great game. #1 offense vs #1 defense is always fun.
What the hell kinda prediction is that lol!

SteelerFan87
12-04-2007, 10:16 PM
What the hell kinda prediction is that lol!

A total pussy one. :lol:

Mike Tomlin
12-04-2007, 10:21 PM
Man I took bets a month ago lol!

P4E*
12-05-2007, 09:15 AM
To reply to some posts regarding the pats O..if any of you guys on here think the pats wont put up over 24..you are on more drugs than me,the past will make big plays sunday,there is no doubting that..as i have said several times,i fully expect the steelers to score points on us,the D this year has being poor,i cant hide that,but the pats O has Kicked ***,bottom line,the pats wills score more than the steelers,we are pretty **** on D so,the O will just do what it does,SCORE POINTS

DIESELMAN
12-05-2007, 10:21 AM
Took our song outta your post.....Anyways....yeah the Patsies will score points but it won't be on big plays. Our secondary will dish out the big hits and shutdown anything Brady wants to do, look for a looooong day in Foxboro.

TampaSteelGirl
12-05-2007, 12:59 PM
i dont think this is gonna be very high scoring to be honest

I agree, this will not be a high scoring game at all. I don't see the points being more than 20 for each team. I'd say 17 Steelers 14 Pats. :tt02:

SteelerFan87
12-05-2007, 03:31 PM
If I had to make a prediction, I'd say Steelers 28, Pats 20. But it really could also be Steelers 40, Pats 14, if we really come out and shock them, or if they really are just a better team, it could be Pats 40 Steelers 14. I honestly can see all of those possibilities happening, so I'm really not sure what the final score will be. But I think we definitely have a pretty good chance, especially if Holmes plays.

Mike Tomlin
12-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Fast Willie will have a big game sunday. He looks like 05 Willie and the Pats LB's are slow and beat up. There is know way they can handle our line and the speed of Willie.

P4E*
12-05-2007, 06:41 PM
SF87..You honestly think cheesebrger and that Steeler O could put 40 on us??..i dont think so,reading these posts it pretty clear you guys are confident,and why shouldn't you be,the pats D is pretty poor right now,the pats O will do enough for us to win,im so confident we beat you,cant wait to come here on monday and tell you guys..."I TOLD YOU SO"..you are pretty much making the steelers out to be something they are not..you lost to the freakin jets:lol:..the pats win and if we get it right on D,we win Big

Lets Go Pats!!

is it sunday yet??:bigthumb:

Mike Tomlin
12-05-2007, 07:15 PM
SF87..You honestly think cheesebrger and that Steeler O could put 40 on us??..i dont think so,reading these posts it pretty clear you guys are confident,and why shouldn't you be,the pats D is pretty poor right now,the pats O will do enough for us to win,im so confident we beat you,cant wait to come here on monday and tell you guys..."I TOLD YOU SO"..you are pretty much making the steelers out to be something they are not..you lost to the freakin jets:lol:..the pats win and if we get it right on D,we win Big

Lets Go Pats!!

is it sunday yet??:bigthumb:Your the only one talkin about us puttin up 40, our defense will win this game. We have the #1 defense in the league and you think New England will put up 40? I notice Brady takes a lot of clean hits when teams bring pressure, so when Silverback hits him it might be over for the night.(since they don't run the ball) When Tom can't go deep and the receivers won't go across the middle anymore, it's gone get ugly. Then LeBeau will send the dogs and you might be missing some players after this game. Since you brought up the jets game, they say we play to the level of our opponent sooooo......................................How do you feel about your Pats?

BlitzburghNation
12-05-2007, 07:20 PM
:popcorn:
The patzeez didn't beat the Rat-turds,,,,,,,,,The rat-turds beat themselves !

DIESELMAN
12-05-2007, 07:22 PM
Your the only one talkin about us puttin up 40, our defense will win this game. We have the #1 defense in the league and you think New England will put up 40? I notice Brady takes a lot of clean hits when teams bring pressure, so when Silverback hits him it might be over for the night.(since they don't run the ball) When Tom can't go deep and the receivers won't go across the middle anymore, it's gone get ugly. Then LeBeau will send the dogs and you might be missing some players after this game. Since you brought up the jets game, they say we play to the level of our opponent sooooo......................................How do you feel about your Pats?

:plus1: :cope::cope::cope::cope::cope: