PDA

View Full Version : The ratbirds vs the "best team to ever grace the gridiron"

steelcitysfinestXL
12-03-2007, 02:22 PM
So in tonights game what outcome do you think best suites the steelers!?!?! I only ask because you have Ray Lewis, Bart Scott, Ed Reed and company, a bunch of guys who pride them selves on Hard nosed D and hate to lose!!! They are playing at home in a game that really means nothing to the outcome of their season agaisnt the undefeated Patsies in which there will be more shiat talking than ever!!! (both teams run their mouths more than most) My personal opinion is (same as Larry Foote) i dont care who wins but i would like to see Baltimore "legally" put a whoopin on these pansies and tender them up for us on sunday!!! I wanna play them at full strength so i dont wanna see Brady or Moss carted off the field, but i wanna see a knockdown drag out affair... i remember the last 2-3 years everybody talked about how wore down they were after playing the Ravens!!! They dont have that effect anymore this year but it may help us if they got back to it!!!! So how do you want tonights game to go!!!????

K Train
12-03-2007, 02:29 PM
this will be the second time i wanted the raven to win....they lost the last time

LatrobePA
12-03-2007, 02:56 PM
Let the Pats steam roll the worthless Ravens, but I would like to see the Raven D bang a few key players up....

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Let the Pats steam roll the worthless Ravens, but I would like to see the Raven D bang a few key players up....

:iagree: Im sure the rats will play a physical game and get after them but their defense is undermanned and getting old just like their OL so they would have to play an inspired game of their lives in order to beat the Pats. I don't expect that to happen but I'd like to see them rough them up and beat them down atleast alittle.

K Train
12-03-2007, 03:31 PM
eagles suck too, they manhandled them...ravens can win this game

yuck

Koopa
12-03-2007, 03:35 PM
i want brady and moss to get hurt just cause i hate them, and it would be nice to see them in pain lol..........plus that's the only way we can beat them

ppl (mainly train lol) are looking way to much in to the eagles game, the pats are allowed to have off games, hell we've had 3 of them, and those 3 games didn't define us, and either did the eagles game, they will destroy the ravens tonight, and then destroy us next sunday..............

K Train
12-03-2007, 03:46 PM
im telling you, that defense is so vulnerable its not even funny....old ****ing scumbags, i hope that little plug in bruschis heart pops out or something lol.

their oline couldnt handle an overload blitz at all, philly would send 3 guys blitzing on the left side and brady is slow as ****...he just couldnt handle it.

I have so much faith in our guys stopping moss and stallworth, the key is our LBs being athletic enough to hang with welker underneath....were winning this game....i have that feeling lol

steelcitysfinestXL
12-03-2007, 03:49 PM
This is true train... like many people say we havent played a good team they havent played a good D... The Colts were starting to feel the effects of what its like NOT to be healthy for the first time in a few seasons... and kept it close... the Cowboys are a good offensive team and put up 27 points on them... but they're secondary is slow and better on the run!!!! They havent saw a defense like ours all year (you can say the Eagles are a JV version of us with their style of play) its a matter of being able to run the rock and sustain drives to keep brady out of rhythm and off the field!!!

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]

they will destroy the ravens tonight, and then destroy us next sunday..............

You're killin me Koop... you're really killin me!!!

Forged in Steel
12-03-2007, 05:16 PM
At first I wanted the Ravens but now that I think of it, if they win they will be bragging the rest of the year about this crap so...

SteelerFan87
12-03-2007, 06:55 PM
No, I don't want the Ravens to win. Unless they injure some key Pats, all a loss tonight will do is make the Pats play harder next week. Ideally, I think it would be best if the Ravens play physical and beat the Pats up a little bit, not enough to keep their players out against us next week, because then they could use that as an excuse, but enough to make them sore, and for the Pats to win big, so they feel nice and overconfident next week.

P4E*
12-03-2007, 06:59 PM
No, I don't want the Ravens to win. Unless they injure some key Pats, all a loss tonight will do is make the Pats play harder next week. Ideally, I think it would be best if the Ravens play physical and beat the Pats up a little bit, not enough to keep their players out against us next week, because then they could use that as an excuse, but enough to make them sore, and for the Pats to win big, so they feel nice and overconfident next week.

Tonight is gonna be a tough game,there is no doubt about it,the ravens still have a decent D that can make plays,Ed reed,lewis,bart scott,suggs and mcallister...that is a tought D they have,The reason the pats will win,and win big is because the ravens have zero Wepons on O.

31-10 Pats

SteelerFan87
12-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Ah, nice of you to drop by P4E. Welcome! Have fun with your appetizer tonight, because the real game is next sunday.

P4E*
12-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Ah, nice of you to drop by P4E. Welcome! Have fun with your appetizer tonight, because the real game is next sunday.

Haha..dont worry man,we will.the game next week is gonna be good,i think we will win due to the fact that we are at home and at the moment are playing good football,the steelers need to play there best game of the season without a doubt,and then,it may not even be enough

SteelerFan87
12-03-2007, 07:15 PM
Haha..dont worry man,we will.the game next week is gonna be good,i think we will win due to the fact that we are at home and at the moment are playing good football,the steelers need to play there best game of the season without a doubt,and then,it may not even be enough

Well, the way I figure, nobody expected the upstart Pats to beat the mighty Steelers in 01, so why can't the same thing happen again this week, only switch the teams?

Should be a great game. :tt02:

P4E*
12-03-2007, 07:19 PM
Well, the way I figure, nobody expected the upstart Pats to beat the mighty Steelers in 01, so why can't the same thing happen again this week, only switch the teams?

Should be a great game. :tt02:

Should be a good game.yeah,have to agree that us beating you in 2001 was a little bit of a shock,im stlll a little pissed that this game wasn't on SNF schedule..i hope Troy and santanoi are back for this game,we dont want you moaning on patsp[lanet that we beat you without your best players:bigthumb:

PS:i just had to do this:tt02:

SteelerFan87
12-03-2007, 07:29 PM
PS:i just had to do this:tt02:

That's totally natural. Don't worry, we'll make a Steeler fan of you in no time!

:greengrin:

K Train
12-03-2007, 07:35 PM
34-10? wow someones feeling saucy....#1 offense vs. #1 defense and top 10 offense vs. top 10 defense.....should be alot closer than you think.

I dont think the pats defense can stop us....i just dont see it happening, can stop them? or at least slow them down? we will see but that old ****ing defense is not that good

SteelerFan87
12-03-2007, 07:44 PM
34-10? wow someones feeling saucy....#1 offense vs. #1 defense and top 10 offense vs. top 10 defense.....should be alot closer than you think.

I dont think the pats defense can stop us....i just dont see it happening, can stop them? or at least slow them down? we will see but that old ****ing defense is not that good

Pssst... he was talking about the Pats/Ravens game.

:lol:

DIESELMAN
12-03-2007, 07:49 PM
The Pats will win but they will know they were in a fight. The Ratbird D still has playmakers and they still have their pride.

SteelerFan87
12-03-2007, 07:54 PM
The Pats will win but they will know they were in a fight. The Ratbird D still has playmakers and they still have their pride.

Agreed. Then again, if the Pats win, Ray Ray will be telling everyone how it's not his fault, and Trevor Pryce will be talking about how "they didn't do anything. They just got lucky." :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2007, 08:32 PM

We will indeed have to play our best game of the season..no turnovers, score on every chance we get, tackle the hell out of every ball carrier and get in Brady's face to disrupt that offense. If we can do that we'll stand a good chance but we falter in any one of those phases it will be bad news.

K Train
12-03-2007, 08:45 PM
Pssst... he was talking about the Pats/Ravens game.

:lol:

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/K-Train89/sadbanana-1.gif

K Train
12-03-2007, 10:16 PM
:woot: go ravens....they let me down the only other time i rooted for them

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2007, 10:22 PM
so far the Ratbirds have shown up tonight and are leading 7-3 at the end of the 1st. It was looking pretty bad for Balt on the first drive when they had combined 15 yd personal foul, 12 men on the field, and then encroachment all on the same drive but they held Brady to a FG.

They drove down and got a TD of their own and are playing pretty well so far against Brady and company.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2007, 10:33 PM
That Pats can be had by playing ball control offense and having a solid running game. Their defense is old at LB and if you can control their DL and get some push you can run on them pretty efficiently. Teams haven't been able to do that because Brady and that offense score so fast that teams end up behind by double digits before they know it and then have to play catch up thus becoming one dimensional.

If you let yourself be one dimensional you might as well hang it up but if we can run on them with some consistency we greatly increase our chances.

K Train
12-03-2007, 10:33 PM
i feel dirty rooting for the ravens

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2007, 10:35 PM
I know, that's why I try and think of it as just rooting against the Pats instead of rooting for the ratbirds...LOL

steelcitysfinestXL
12-03-2007, 10:41 PM
LOL, i try to look at like this... they arent gonna make the playoffs so it doesnt effect us!!!

K Train
12-03-2007, 10:45 PM
dumb ****ers let them score..this is why i hate them

2.25 hours till my birthday....dont let me down you dumb baltimore ****ing scrubs

steelcitysfinestXL
12-03-2007, 10:52 PM
They need to hold them here... LETS GO RAY-LEW!!! Oh my god thats not natural!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2007, 11:00 PM
just had a chance to hold onto the ball and run out the clock going into halftime but they blew it :nonod:

K Train
12-03-2007, 11:02 PM
****ing reed

steelcitysfinestXL
12-03-2007, 11:04 PM
Holding the ball like a loaf-a-bread!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2007, 11:13 PM
Considering it took the Pats 25 minutes to score a TD I'd say so far the Ratbirds must be pretty content with how things are going...but we'll see if they can hold on.

steelcitysfinestXL
12-03-2007, 11:28 PM
17-10 Ratbirds... regardless of how this game ends... one of my points has been proven!!! There are a few Defenses in this league that you are gonna have a hard time putting huge numbers up on... we are one of them and the Ravens ae showing that they can still be one of them!!! Hope they hold on to atleast keep this one close!!

K Train
12-03-2007, 11:46 PM
this game is giving me chills...since when is mcgayhee talented?

steelcitysfinestXL
12-03-2007, 11:59 PM
lol he is the 3rd leading rusher in the league... he may pass FWP for second the way he is running tonight.. dont act like you didnt know he had game K... he just talks like he's Payton which makes people question him!!! Dude has one of the meanest stiff arms ever seen, power, moves and speed!!! He isnt my favorite guy either but he can play and always has been able to!!!

[AutoMerged Post Below]
He totally embarassed "Jr" on that catch out of the backfield!!!

Randall
12-04-2007, 12:09 AM
20-24 Ravens right now. I want the Ravens to win. But kinda not. Cuz then they brag like you guys said. But if the Ravens beat em. And the Steelers dont. I am giving up on the Steelers. But thats just me.

K Train
12-04-2007, 12:11 AM
hes a ****ing joke....he would be AMAZING if he was half as good as he says he is....HALF!

i love that kind of attitude, but im crediting sean taylor with his inspired runnning tonight

steelcitysfinestXL
12-04-2007, 12:15 AM
20-24 Ravens right now. I want the Ravens to win. But kinda not. Cuz then they brag like you guys said. But if the Ravens beat em. And the Steelers dont. I am giving up on the Steelers. But thats just me.

Nah man, you have to know even if NE pulls this one out... belicheck will have NE coached up to play much better after a **** poor performance in all phases of this game!! Im not trying to take anything away from the Ravens, they have humbled the Pats with a good/physical game but the pats have left alot of plays out there tonight!!!

K Train
12-04-2007, 12:49 AM
i hate them...way to get a game handed to you

rex ryan lost it....by himself

LatrobePA
12-04-2007, 01:30 AM
Tom Brady is a COCKY POS, I hope we crush his ***. #92 please take him OUT!!

Can we get #67 back for one more game???

K Train
12-04-2007, 01:31 AM
it was handed to them, i dont throw that around.....i just cant belive the series of events that had to happen for them to win....ridiculous

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-04-2007, 01:37 AM
ratbirds self destructed. they lost it themselves...

LatrobePA
12-04-2007, 01:43 AM
IMO a little help came from the officals...May just be me, some very close calls that could of went either way. Still the Ravens are in our division so I'm pleased they lost.

But thinking about upsetting the apple cart the pats will take this as a loss and will work all week to improve for Sunday against us. So look out, could be an even more than normal fired up team...

RW318
12-04-2007, 01:51 AM
Can the Patriots get any luckier?

4th and 1..the Ravens stop them but the coach called a timeout...next play they get stopped again but there is a flase start on New England....Next play they get stopped again but there is a holding penalty...next play is a bobbled TD catch.

I honestly think defenses should be allowed to decline offsides. How come only the offense can decline em and keep the play at hand. I hate when teams get rewarded for ****ing up...every penalty in the NFL should be able to be declined if the coaches wanted.

Needless to say the Steelers better beat tham and that O-line will need to show up. Parker better get rid of those stupid *** sleeves too. You're gonna have to revert back to the old days when you had a back that could pound the hell out of a team for the whole game to win it. I hope Holmes is playing...he will be a key factor.

black an gold 4 life
12-04-2007, 01:52 AM
the rat birds r who we thought they were lol !!!!!!!!!!!

K Train
12-04-2007, 02:01 AM
Can the Patriots get any luckier?

4th and 1..the Ravens stop them but the coach called a timeout...next play they get stopped again but there is a flase start on New England....Next play they get stopped again but there is a holding penalty...next play is a bobbled TD catch.

I honestly think defenses should be allowed to decline offsides. How come only the offense can decline em and keep the play at hand. I hate when teams get rewarded for ****ing up...every penalty in the NFL should be able to be declined if the coaches wanted.

Needless to say the Steelers better beat tham and that O-line will need to show up. Parker better get rid of those stupid *** sleeves too. You're gonna have to revert back to the old days when you had a back that could pound the hell out of a team for the whole game to win it. I hope Holmes is playing...he will be a key factor.

we are gonna beat them....they are very beatable, now more than ever.....they were lucky as **** and it made me sick. Hobbs and Harrison are hurt for them now....that defense really misses colvin and willie will have a bounce back effort....we come into that game with a vengeance

:markit:

Prosdo
12-04-2007, 04:25 AM
The Patriots got handed that game. I've never seen such BS on the 4th and 1. I can't wait till we stomp on their asses!

RW318
12-04-2007, 05:36 AM
Oh I also forgot to ask if Roughing the passer applied for the Patriots at all. I swear I've never seen a QB get slapped upsode the helmet so many times in a football game...and all the hitting the QB in the knees. I hate these rules as much as anybody...but every game I watch the Patriots are getting away with it time and time again.....the hell is up?

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-04-2007, 09:46 AM
The Patriots got handed that game. I've never seen such BS on the 4th and 1. I can't wait till we stomp on their asses!

If you think we are going up to Foxoboro and stomping them? I disagree. If our linebackers do not get pressure consistently on brady it will be a log day for the secondary.

GoBenGo
12-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Magayhee had a good game, Dline for the Pats, was pretty generous to the run. If FWP can hold onto the ball...
And they did not really pressure Boller all that much. I like our chances on Offense. Our D , well they have the tools, and the personnell, if they execute as they can, it can happen. Baltimore exposed a lot of chinx in the armour.
Slap those girls around a little and they soften right up.

SteelerFan87
12-04-2007, 12:58 PM
What one sided officiating. There were like 15 calls against the ravens, and like 2 against the Pats, and one of those 2 actually HELPED them. And yet, you hear Pats fans talk about how the Steelers get help from the refs, and the Colts get help from the refs, but when the Pats get help from the refs, it's no big deal and nobody should talk about it. :rolleyes:

You know, I was thinking that a bad game by the Pats would just motivate them to play their best against us, but I'm not sure that's going to be a problem. I mean, they almost lost to the Eagles, and so you'd think "well, they're going to take it out on the Ravens", but they didn't. They had the exact same problems. I don't think it's a matter of motivation. I don't think it's a matter of the Pats not playing well, I think it's just that the Eagles and Ravens exposed some weaknesses the Pats have, and no amount of adjustments will fix that. I mean, Belichick is supposed to be the master of halftime adjustments, but did his adjustments work the past 2 weeks? They got exposed in the same areas, the same way, 2 weeks in a row. If Belichick can't fix it in 2 weeks, then it probably can't be fixed. So, on offense, we have to run the ball. Screen passes should work, passes to the TE should work, and routes over the middle should work. On defense, we need to overload one side of the line and blitz from there, the Pats haven't been able to stop it the past 2 weeks. Lots of movement from the front 7, exotic packages with just 1 or 2 down linemen and a bunch of guys standing up, moving around, confusing Brady and the Pats O-line. And we have to be physical with their WRs. The Eagles were close, but Feeley threw a bad INT to cost them the game. The Ravens were close, but Boller threw a bad INT to cost them the game. Neither Feeley nor Boller is HALF as good as Ben, so hopefully Ben won't make the same mistakes they did. I still think this game depends on Holmes being able to play, but if he does, I see no reason why we can't win this game.

LatrobePA
12-04-2007, 01:04 PM
3rd time's a charm...

Eagles, close / Ravens, close / Us, just maybe??..??..??

K Train
12-04-2007, 01:09 PM
even when they got good pressure...boller did a good job getting away...which is bens game, escaping pressure..we can beat them

steelcitysfinestXL
12-04-2007, 03:53 PM
1). Kaczur was eaten alive by Barnes the rookie out of FIU on a straight speed rush MULTIPLE times... James Harrison should be able to do the same but deliver a much bigger hit on Brady.
2). Overload Blitzes (like mentioned here before) have been killing the pats... Corey Ivy was taking shots at will on Brady early on!!!
3). Their Front 7 is soft and in the Colts and Ravens games running room was found by getting to the second level then breaking to the outsides... with a lil vision (and ball security) FWP could run all over these old men!!!
4). Baltimore kept this game close losing the TO battle, which says alot!!! We hold on the the pill... we can win!!!!

GoBenGo
12-04-2007, 04:11 PM
even when they got good pressure...boller did a good job getting away...which is bens game, escaping pressure..we can beat them
That's Right K, Ben will be able to do even more. Magayheehee was able to get into the secondary on runs a lot. FWP does a lot of damage ( to the other team, not like vs Bengals) when he gets into the secondary, and carries more speed than Magayheehee. I hope we have Najeh back from his "foot" injury. Big Musa was even able to rumble off yards.
all in all- Patriots D is Soft