PDA

View Full Version : Does the Steeler "D" Play better without Polamalu?

Iron City South
12-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Hey, don't shoot the messenger here .... I'm just say'in cause the question needs to be asked since we're undefeated every game he's been out. Yep, that's right .... every single one. :yesnod:

Ty Carter has been playing solid football in his absense and seems to be covering a lot of real estate on the field. The corners seem to have more confidence knowing Carter isn't up on the line and all over the place trying to confuse the offense. He's playing a straight-up Safety role the way it's supposed to be played.

Discuss.

LatrobePA
12-03-2007, 10:28 AM
I've said it a hundred times, Troy is a great ball player, but I do believe he confuses our D as much as he used to the other team.

DIESELMAN
12-03-2007, 10:34 AM
It makes you wonder.....

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-03-2007, 10:42 AM
The rest of the D backfield should know what their assignments are no matter what Troy is doin. Maybe the D just steps it up a notch when they know he ain't out there. Troy is doing what the defense is designed to do, they are only playing what Lebeau is calling,:2cents:

Stlrs4Life
12-03-2007, 10:47 AM
I don't know if we play better, but we do play more disciplined.

K Train
12-03-2007, 10:49 AM
thats not true...our defense knows its assignments, they just get left out on an island when troy plays...which is ok sometimes since he is a dynamic player, but hes got to play with some discipline

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Do you honestly think that Troy isn't doing what his assignments are? Lebeau wouldn't stand for it. I agree with Dom they definitely play more disciplined.

Prosdo
12-03-2007, 11:02 AM
I think Troy was playing hurt for a bit. I will agree he has not had the impact this year that he has in previous years.

NOVA STEELERS
12-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Troy has been playin pretty much every game he took the field banged up so I think he was hurting them because he wasn't the Troy we know.......... Once he comes back 100% we will have all but forgotten those games :2cents:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Let's no mistake about it, Troy is a pro bowl type of player and he didn't get that big *** contact extension for nothing. He has been playing hurt virtually all year long but even putting that aside the guy is a top flight safety and one of the best in the league hands down. He has been over playing the ball carrier and missed some tackles this year that he hasn't done in the past. Perhaps Lebeau puts so much on him to make plays that he ends up out thinking himself instead of just playing the game like he's done in the past. Regardless though we need him to get healthy and be rady for the post season because we'll need every available body to be out there for us for this stretch run.

BlitzburghNation
12-03-2007, 11:38 AM
Cannot believe this Question was even asked,,,,,,,,,,, :cursin:

Troy is the man and he's a steeler through and through,,,,,,,His intensity is incredible :towelwave:

Too many experts such as Madden,x-players on NFL network,Sirius commentators etc....... That brag on his play and savy !

Top Gun's comment says it all ~~~~~~ :clap:

K Train
12-03-2007, 11:43 AM
you all need to take off the black and gold sunglasses for a little bit and realize that he is out of position 90% of the time, we cant be having a safety out of position next week that would mean touchdown patriots

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2007, 11:45 AM
That's what makes me scratch my head about Troy this year so much, he seems to always be either blocked right out of position, missing tackles, or just generally trying to do so much that he plays himself right out of the game. He has made some great plays for us this year but his production is down, the problem is we don't know if it's his injuries that affect his play so much, the new scheme, or if he's just having an off year.

We still need him big time for the games coming up and we need him to step up and bring his A game because the Pats will try to stretch us out and we'll need every DB available to play with them. I am worried though that since Carter has been starting the last few weeks that maybe he should be in there regardless and let Troy play sparingly to see how he does for a bit.

AZ_Steeler
12-03-2007, 11:52 AM
It would be interesting to compare the stats side by side to just see how much better, if at all, the D is without Troy. I think it's closer than a lot of people think. You go back the Cardinal game though and I think the D really missed him in that second half.

K Train
12-03-2007, 11:56 AM
i think the cards lined up and beat us plain and simple. the defesne actually played decent....but ben threw a pick in the endzone and breaston scored on the PR....we buried ourselves

Dee Mca
12-03-2007, 12:03 PM
Troy doesn't have an exact positon to be in his job is to confuse the offense. So they don't know wether his blitzing or not. Last time i checked we still running the 3-4 with the crazy blitz package. So Troy is having an off year. He was also playing hurt.

BlitzburghNation
12-03-2007, 12:08 PM
It would be interesting to compare the stats side by side to just see how much better, if at all, the D is without Troy. I think it's closer than a lot of people think. You go back the Cardinal game though and I think the D really missed him in that second half.

Well said AZ ~~~~ :clap:
Troy is Troy and we are not better without him "no-way in hell"
Just ask his teammates and dick labeu and Mike Tomlin,,,,,,,,,,

K Train
12-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Troy doesn't have an exact positon to be in his job is to confuse the offense. So they don't know wether his blitzing or not. Last time i checked we still running the 3-4 with the crazy blitz package. So Troy is having an off year. He was also playing hurt.

troy needs an exact position, we might run crazy blitzes but come on, hes not blitzing on every play. He doesnt confuse offenses anymore, they just dont look at him, thats the secret to reading our defense.....

i love troy but you gotta see him for what he is...hes become to dedicated to roaming on every play. You cant say no way in hell, when the stats are right there.....21-0, 3-0, 24-10 without him...im not calling for him head or saying he should be cut, but damn, other teams have players similar to troy and they just go out there and play safety and they are great at doing it...which makes them great safeties...until troy does that he will just be a great athlete and a good safety/linebacker thing

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2007, 12:26 PM
i think the cards lined up and beat us plain and simple. the defesne actually played decent....but ben threw a pick in the endzone and breaston scored on the PR....we buried ourselves

Their defense did play well that game and they just generally executed better than we did, even with all of the we still had a chance to tie late in the game but that's just one of those games where they just outplayed us one more time than we did them and it costs us. Credit their team that day, they showed up ready to play.

troy needs an exact position, we might run crazy blitzes but come on, hes not blitzing on every play. He doesnt confuse offenses anymore, they just dont look at him, thats the secret to reading our defense.....

i love troy but you gotta see him for what he is...hes become to dedicated to roaming on every play. You cant say no way in hell, when the stats are right there.....21-0, 3-0, 24-10 without him...im not calling for him head or saying he should be cut, but damn, other teams have players similar to troy and they just go out there and play safety and they are great at doing it...which makes them great safeties...until troy does that he will just be a great athlete and a good safety/linebacker thing

I don't know that Troy needs an exact position because he's been doing this type of thing for the last few years now and he's become a beast at it. I think there are times when he needs to stay home as you mentioned and not always try to out think the offense and put our other players in a bad position. We have the #1 defense this year overall both when he's been in and out of the lineup so that's a tribute to all of the players and Lebeau/Tomlin calling the right plays. Troy just needs to work himself out of his funk and get back to what got him here IMO.

SteelerSal
12-03-2007, 12:33 PM
you all need to take off the black and gold sunglasses for a little bit and realize that he is out of position 90% of the time, we cant be having a safety out of position next week that would mean touchdown patriots

:plus1: 80% of the time Troy is on the field, he is an extra linebacker and not a defensive back, when he is lined up out of his proper position.
If Troy does not make or disrupt the play, the rest of the defensive backs are left vulnerable to a big play (ex: third and longs that they give up)
Dieselman stated in an earlier post that they play more disciplined without him and you know what.....it's working.
Love Troy and I'm glad he's on our side,but, he needs to stop taking chances and leaving the rest of the team naked.

K Train
12-03-2007, 12:33 PM
if hes gonna be an all pro safety he needs to play like one, plain and simple. You all rip Bruce arians and willie parker to pieces, but stick up for troy sooooo much, personally i expect great things from the highest paid safety ever and our #1 draft pick in 03 and i havent seen it, especially this year. People have figured out his unorthodox style and now maybe going a little more conservative would be the way to go...look at the other premiere safeties in the league...they all play safety like the rest, they just do it better....troy needs to play the position and quit trying to revolutionize it

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2007, 12:36 PM
I think revolutionizing it is what got him to be where he is today, I do agree that he needs to take a step back and work on the fundamentals again before trying to go ape **** on the defense by running around like a mad man. He does confuse the offense though which is a good thing and the premise of the 34, confusion. He has some work to do there is no doubt but I have faith in him to get back to form and just chalk this up to an off year. He's been hurt and the defense has changed by adding new schemes this year and he's just not taken to it fully yet but he will... knock on wood :lol:

Arians play calling has been suspect at times and Willie, well after that crap last night he deserves to get knocked :greengrin:

DIESELMAN
12-03-2007, 12:58 PM
His instincts are off this year too. I've noticed in games where he'll be in coverage and go for what he thinks will be an INT, but the QB threw to the middle, then Troy has to run and make the tackle after a big gain. Whereas if he would've just kept his assignment there would be no big gain. I'm not trashin him, he's just having a off year.

steelcitysfinestXL
12-03-2007, 01:06 PM
This has been a good arguement by both sides... i really think our defense could lose any ''ONE" player and be just as effective as it is. Before this season if we would have taken a poll asking "who is the one player the D CANTafford to lose?" the hands down winner would be troy w/ his votes being in the 95% region if not all. That right there tells you he is having an off year. He is injured, opposing qbs arent suprised by him anymore, and the reality is our secondary is playin MUCH better w/ and w/out him this year!!! He helps in the run game as much as any saftey in the league, he helps enforce the deep middle w/ big hits and lightning like breaks on the ball and he must be accounted for on his blitzes which frees up another blitzer!!! He has missed way too many tackles this year but he hasnt given up the deep ball (which he did in the past) so he IS doing what a normal safety SHOULD do!!! He keeps plays infront of him when in coverage!!! Plain and simple i wouldnt want any other safety on this team at this point and we should be thank full to have a very capable back up in sawed-off carter!!!!!!

K Train
12-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Carter is very bob-sanders like in his play, hes a midget, like sanders, but hes a good tackler and a big hitter. Plus his intensity is great, he gets everyone going, and theres nothing like seeing a midget get fired up lol. I say keep him in there until troy is 100%, because we dont need any liabilities in the secondary, especially next week. I want to see carter play more anyway, the dudes always been a beast for us and hes healthy this year

Iron City South
12-03-2007, 01:59 PM
if hes gonna be an all pro safety he needs to play like one, plain and simple. You all rip Bruce arians and willie parker to pieces, but stick up for troy sooooo much, personally i expect great things from the highest paid safety ever and our #1 draft pick in 03 and i havent seen it, especially this year. People have figured out his unorthodox style and now maybe going a little more conservative would be the way to go...look at the other premiere safeties in the league...they all play safety like the rest, they just do it better....troy needs to play the position and quit trying to revolutionize it

+1
:bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2007, 02:03 PM
This has been a good arguement by both sides... i really think our defense could lose any ''ONE" player and be just as effective as it is. Before this season if we would have taken a poll asking "who is the one player the D CANTafford to lose?" the hands down winner would be troy w/ his votes being in the 95% region if not all. That right there tells you he is having an off year. He is injured, opposing qbs arent suprised by him anymore, and the reality is our secondary is playin MUCH better w/ and w/out him this year!!! He helps in the run game as much as any saftey in the league, he helps enforce the deep middle w/ big hits and lightning like breaks on the ball and he must be accounted for on his blitzes which frees up another blitzer!!! He has missed way too many tackles this year but he hasnt given up the deep ball (which he did in the past) so he IS doing what a normal safety SHOULD do!!! He keeps plays infront of him when in coverage!!! Plain and simple i wouldnt want any other safety on this team at this point and we should be thank full to have a very capable back up in sawed-off carter!!!!!!

That's a good point about our defense, I'd normally say Troy is the one guy we couldn't do without but the more I think about it you could make a big case for Farrior, Hampton, and Taylor as well. We just play great team defense and everybody contributes, knows their role, and steps up when called upon. That's what it's all about with us and that's what it will take to keep this going in 2007.

SteelerSteve
12-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Troy just needs to work himself out of his funk and get back to what got him here IMO. :plus1: Thats what I am thinking, I think that he needs to get back to the way he was playing in the past. I don't know, but it seems like he has been playing almost to freely.

steelcitysfinestXL
12-03-2007, 02:10 PM
I really think if anyone, yes, probley Farrior would be the guy we would miss most... but troy when playing at the level he can is "THE BEST" and he played at a very high level for a few years until the second half of last year and the first half of this year. So i really think it is an injury thing!!!

K Train
12-03-2007, 02:24 PM
theres no one player our defense would live or die by...especially a LB

Koopa
12-03-2007, 02:29 PM
i haven't read any post in this thread aside from the original post, i think we do play better without him, the evidence is clearly there, 3 games without troy and three very good secondary play, and it's not like we played scrub offenses, seahawks are pretty good and we shut them out, and the bengals are good and we shut them down..........and we shut out the dolphins even though they have no offense we still played good without troy.........

i like troy, but i think he's highly overrated, if he didn't have a steelers jersey everyone here would see the same........ his style of play is best suited playing close to the line of scrimmage, and that hurts our secondary cause troy rarely gets a sack, and he plays so undisciplined that he misses easy tackles and makes it harder for our D........at least with tryone he plays like a safety should

tyrone carter is probably the best back up safety in the league, i don't know if he'd be good full time, but when he's called upon he produces..........

also, i'm not saying this just cause he's having an off year, i've been saying it since 2005

steelcitysfinestXL
12-03-2007, 02:30 PM
theres no one player our defense would live or die by...especially a LB

Just due to the fact that we are thin their and dont have a proven back up like Carter/Smith at safety and Gay/McFadden at DB... i like Kriewaldt but i think we would have a huge drop off replacing Farrior w/ him!!! I agree though i think we have the kind of D that can play through injuries!!!

K Train
12-03-2007, 02:34 PM
Just due to the fact that we are thin their and dont have a proven back up like Carter/Smith at safety and Gay/McFadden at DB... i like Kriewaldt but i think we would have a huge drop off replacing Farrior w/ him!!! I agree though i think we have the kind of D that can play through injuries!!!

are you completely disreagarding timmons and woodley?

keep in mind, farrior went down for a few and a little known james harrison filled in for hi and dominated

Iron City South
12-03-2007, 02:34 PM
I really think if anyone, yes, probley Farrior would be the guy we would miss most... but troy when playing at the level he can is "THE BEST" and he played at a very high level for a few years until the second half of last year and the first half of this year. So i really think it is an injury thing!!!

:willybs:

I think whatever injury he has ....has very little to do with it. I think that's more of an excuse at this point for those that invested good money on an official #43 game jersey. Think about it, our "D" has given up 10 points in the 3 games Troy wasn't starting! .... 10 freaking points!! Rooney's must be having an brain anurysm over his contract right about now.

My thoughts on TP:

Firstly, I don't like where his playing weight is right now. I thought then he came to us from USC @ 210-215 lbs. he was strong as an ox from working out, his hitting was being compared to the likes of Ronnie Lott and his speed was well above average at that weight. Now that he has become this earthy green vegetarian that sees himself as this deep-thinking philosopher, he changed his diet, refuses to lift weights, and "whiffs" on tackles as a result of going in waaaay too low because he knows he'll get absolutely "trucked" if he goes in high playing at his current weight (which I'm guessing is about 200lbs ... even though his player profile says 207 lbs. (don't all player profiles embellish the truth a little?:yesnod:)

I blame 2 people for where TP is right now:

1) Dicky Lebeau - Uncle Dick's idea to build his scheme around the Safety position is bullshit. The staple of Pittsburgh Defense has always been the LB position and the D should be built around this core group of guys ... NOT A SAFETY.

2) Tomlin and his training staff - They should, in no uncertain terms, demand that Pola get his *** back into the weight room and pack on 10-15 lbs of muscle to get him up to his USC playing weight again. Watching TP trying to pull all this "herkey-jerkey" fancy **** at the line then try to blitz on an interior offensive lineman is almost funny to watch. They make him look like a child amongst men.

Lebeau needs to get Troy back into a conventional Safety role (like Ty Carter plays) which would 1) Allow the corners to know where he plans on being on the field and 2) Give the corners some confidence that he will be there to help them out when needed. I don't think they have that with him right now.

I'll close by saying, If you read this and think I'm a Pola hater, I'm not .... I really like TP and think he's a special talent. Definitely amongst the leagues elite as far as Safeties are concerned. I just don't like his weight and how he is beind used right now. As a result, I don't think he's living up to the billing of being the highest paid Safety in the league, or deserving of the richest contract in Steelers history.

That's how I see it ... :popcorn:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2007, 02:35 PM
Timmons and Woodley are still unproven. Timmons has little experience on the field except on ST and Woodley is coming off a hamstring injury so right now any injury at LB at any of the 4 positions and we'd more than likely have a drop off of some degree. We do have very solid players though and I'd fully expect them to step up when called upon.

K Train
12-03-2007, 02:40 PM
i know they arent exactly proven, but thats just how it goes sometimes...they are both obvious quick studies, and we know the skills they have...they would do fine, we can plug LBs in and have success...they just have to be familar with their assignments

steelcitysfinestXL
12-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Trust me train, i want nothing more than to see Timmons and Wood (espeacially Wood) getting more snaps because i think they will be the next great pittsburgh LB's!!! But Farrior and Harrison are having probowl type seasons, Footes not far behind and Haggans is playing like he wants a new contract!!! Still unproven, i would hate to see Farrior or Foote go down cause i dont think we would be playing at the same level!!!

TEEMONT
12-03-2007, 03:05 PM
I think whatever injury he has ....has very little to do with it. I think that's more of an excuse at this point for those that invested good money on an official #43 game jersey. Think about it, our "D" has given up 10 points in the 3 games Troy wasn't starting! .... 10 freaking points!! Rooney's must be having an brain anurysm over his contract right about now.

My thoughts on TP:

Firstly, I don't like where his playing weight is right now. I thought then he came to us from USC @ 210-215 lbs. he was strong as an ox from working out, his hitting was being compared to the likes of Ronnie Lott and his speed was well above average at that weight. Now that he has become this earthy green vegetarian that sees himself as this deep-thinking philosopher, he changed his diet, refuses to lift weights, and "whiffs" on tackles as a result of going in waaaay too low because he knows he'll get absolutely "trucked" if he goes in high playing at his current weight (which I'm guessing is about 200lbs ... even though his player profile says 207 lbs. (don't all player profiles embellish the truth a little?:yesnod:)

1) Dicky Lebeau - Uncle Dick's idea to build his scheme around the Safety position is bullshiat. The staple of Pittsburgh Defense has always been the LB position and the D should be built around this core group of guys ... NOT A SAFETY.

2) Tomlin and his training staff - They should, in no uncertain terms, demand that Pola get his *** back into the weight room and pack on 10-15 lbs of muscle to get him up to his USC playing weight again. Watching TP trying to pull all this "herkey-jerkey" fancy shiat at the line then try to blitz on an interior offensive lineman is almost funny to watch. They make him look like a child amongst men.

Lebeau needs to get Troy back into a conventional Safety role (like Ty Carter plays) which would 1) Allow the corners to know where he plans on being on the field and 2) Give the corners some confidence that he will be there to help them out when needed. I don't think they have that with him right now.

I'll close by saying, If you read this and think I'm a Pola hater, I'm not .... I really like TP and think he's a special talent. Definitely amongst the leagues elite as far as Safeties are concerned. I just don't like his weight and how he is beind used right now. As a result, I don't think he's living up to the billing of being the highest paid Safety in the league, or deserving of the richest contract in Steelers history.

wow, we actually agree on something.

For those of you who don't think Troy needs to pack on some pounds, go to youtube and take a look at some of his USC clips. The dude was a beast, he would be so much better if he packed on 10-15 pounds of muscle.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm sure they are quite capable and yes both have proven to be quick learners but there's no substitute for experience and both of them lack that right now. Trial by fire is the best way to learn but this late in the season I'd prefer to say with what we have now since it's been working for us so far.

Next year though Haggan's contract is up and I'm not so sure he'll be back with both of the young guys looking to get on the field more.

As far as Troy goes we are fortunate to have Carter back there, the dude has been playing great and was key for us during the SB run too. Troy will get back to form, he is a professional and I have little doubt he'll work on getting himself back but this year between injuries and trying to outthink the offense so much he's taken himself right out of his game. I keep harping on the outthink term but I think it has real merit in this case. Troy has proven to be a disruptive force for us on defense and he has to be accounted for but in the process of that his fundamentals have lacked and need to get sured up first IMO.

steelcitysfinestXL
12-03-2007, 03:09 PM
:willybs:

My thoughts on TP:

1) Dicky Lebeau - Uncle Dick's idea to build his scheme around the Safety position is bullshiat. The staple of Pittsburgh Defense has always been the LB position and the D should be built around this core group of guys ... NOT A SAFETY.

2) Tomlin and his training staff - They should, in no uncertain terms, demand that Pola get his *** back into the weight room and pack on 10-15 lbs of muscle to get him up to his USC playing weight again. Watching TP trying to pull all this "herkey-jerkey" fancy shiat at the line then try to blitz on an interior offensive lineman is almost funny to watch. They make him look like a child amongst men.

I think Mr. Rooney is sleeping just fine at night knowing he has Troy locked up!!! the fact of the matter is that since being a starter he has earned the right to be the highest paid safety in the league. His body of work has been nothing short of spetacular... from the ints to the sacks to the tackles in the box... TROY DOES WHAT NO OTHER SAFETY CAN!!!

I agree that our d has always revoled around the LB position... but going into this season, besides RB, where was the question mark on this team.... LINE BACKER!!! You mean to tell me you knew for a fact that James Harrison could shoulder that load and be what Peezy was for so many years!?!?! BULLSH*T, Dick and Mike had to go with what they knew and that was Troy!!!!

My final point we are all suspect of the "what have you done for me lately" trap that is the NFL. Its not like he is getting old, or that he has had a career threating/changing injury!!! Compare it to Big Ben '06 to '07... Troy is having a bad season!!! If it happens again all next year then im still gonna be on his D*ck cause i remember the first three years when he balled out and earned his contract!! he is owed that respect i believe and in no way is this D better with out him!!!

K Train
12-03-2007, 03:14 PM
TROY DOES WHAT NO OTHER SAFETY CAN!!!

!

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/K-Train89/FF_154265_s.jpg

steelcitysfinestXL
12-03-2007, 03:16 PM
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n45/K-Train89/FF_154265_s.jpg

LOL, i may have my steeler stunna shades on but thats the way im am!!! ill be the first to admit when im being homerish and now is one of those times!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2007, 03:18 PM
I have those shades, only mine are the old school Oakley style :lol:

steelcitysfinestXL
12-03-2007, 03:18 PM
All im saying is that i in no way want to see troy being benched, nor do i want to him rushed back!!! Ty Carter is a beast and is capable of starting the rest of the regular season until troy is healthy...i agree w/ how ever said "let troy rest until he is healthy"

Iron City South
12-03-2007, 04:42 PM
LOL, i may have my steeler stunna shades on but thats the way im am!!! ill be the first to admit when im being homerish and now is one of those times!!!

:lol:

I think Mr. Rooney is sleeping just fine at night knowing he has Troy locked up!!! the fact of the matter is that since being a starter he has earned the right to be the highest paid safety in the league. His body of work has been nothing short of spetacular...

Contracts aren't negotiated on what you've done in the past. They're negotiated on how you are expected to perform in the future using your past as a benchmark of your ability.

It's the old "what have you done for me lately" thing.

DIESELMAN
12-03-2007, 07:12 PM

:plus1: Confidence in each other is a very big factor. They have to know they can count on each other in every situation.

steelcitysfinestXL
12-03-2007, 09:39 PM
:lol:

Contracts aren't negotiated on what you've done in the past. They're negotiated on how you are expected to perform in the future using your past as a benchmark of your ability.

It's the old "what have you done for me lately" thing.

Well, when you're talking about guy like porter, then yeah you gotta look at his age, diminishing play and other negative factors that he may or may not have played on this team!! You cant fall in love w/ a guy becauseof what he did in the last 8-10 years. But Troy is a young vet and until this season has not shown signs of letting up!!!

TheButt
12-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Does the Steeler "D" Play better without Polamalu?

Ummm - No

LOL- Tyrone Carter..... a beast huh. You guys havent been watchin him to closely. He makes a good tackle once in a blue moon and runs his mouth every play.

We need Troy back ASAP.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-04-2007, 08:44 PM
He does run his mouth, he and Anthony Smith are definitely big trash talkers but he's made some good plays for us and we definitely need him right now. For a guy who only plays in spot duty up until now he's filled in pretty nicely IMO.

TEEMONT
12-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Does the Steeler "D" Play better without Polamalu?

Ummm - No

LOL- Tyrone Carter..... a beast huh. You guys havent been watchin him to closely. He makes a good tackle once in a blue moon and runs his mouth every play.

We need Troy back ASAP.

Funny,

Ty has only 10 less tackles then Troy and has started far fewer games, and to this point still has far less PT. But he only makes a tackle once every blue moon. Ty also has one more assist then Troy. Like KTrain said, take off the BG colored glasses, until then your opinion will be just like your screen name.

$teeler$guy
12-04-2007, 10:10 PM
they don't play better wit out troy

Mike Tomlin
12-04-2007, 10:31 PM
Hellll Naw!!

K Train
12-04-2007, 11:03 PM
yes we do...lol

but here, back to the previous argument...look how big troy is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac-JYp25Bx0&feature=related

1:45 in is the best veiw

Koopa
12-04-2007, 11:34 PM
yes we do...lol

i just think troy was on steroids and then got off them, that was roid rage, and a couple of years ago he had some roid rage and got stupid penalties

steelersgal86
12-05-2007, 05:18 AM
I think Troy was playing hurt for a bit. I will agree he has not had the impact this year that he has in previous years.

:iagree:

Iron City South
12-05-2007, 08:19 AM
yes we do...lol

Now THAT'S the Polamalu I remember when he played @ 215 lbs. of muscle! :bigthumb:

TheButt
12-05-2007, 05:58 PM
He does run his mouth, he and Anthony Smith are definitely big trash talkers but he's made some good plays for us and we definitely need him right now. For a guy who only plays in spot duty up until now he's filled in pretty nicely IMO.

Yup.

But he should not be starting in front of Troy. Anyone who thinks so is just like my name. Troy brings dimensions to the game that the beast that is Tyrone could not, can not and will never be able to bring. Troy is all-pro. The beast is all-mouth. Cant believe there're people here who thinks he should be starting over Troy.
Silly stuff.

GoBenGo
12-05-2007, 06:22 PM
Polamalu is a monster on D. Teams know they have to gameplan for him, offenses design plays to avoid him, QBs have nightmares of him, and recievers fear him.

...and that is the word on that!

K Train
12-05-2007, 06:27 PM
No, plays are designed to avoid champ bailey and ed reed....troy doesnt get that kind of respect and for good reason

TheButt
12-05-2007, 06:40 PM
No, plays are designed to avoid champ bailey and ed reed....troy doesnt get that kind of respect and for good reason

They dont have plays to avoid Troy cause he doesnt play one position...or one side of the field. Champ lines up and plays one position mainly. If in fact Troy did , there would be plays to avoid him. You cant compare Champ with Troy.

Who would you rather in your backfield ??? Champ or Troy ?

Thought so.

GoBenGo
12-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Beg to differ K, when troy is in he is the top priority for the offense to identify. Pregame interviews postgame interviews, it is number 43 who is always mentioned as the one they must account for. He has been easy to find lately, true, on the sidelines.
But Troy 100% and in the game alters a teams itinerary. IMO AS is a better cover guy, but I need to see him running around blowing sheet up like TP. I want to see that!:bigthumb: