PDA

View Full Version : Defense rises to the challenge tonight !

BlitzburghRockCity
12-02-2007, 11:37 PM
4 fumbles by Willie
2 Interceptions by Ben

they were put in the position tonight of covering 3 tough WR's and Carson Palmer pulling the trigger and they rose to the occasion big time. Constantly put in bad situations with turnovers they kept the pressure up and shut down the Bengal offense time and time again. They guys all showed up big time tonight and all of them deserve the credit for an outstanding game tonight.

After the initial drive by the bengals to open the game they sured up their efforts and stuck it to them the rest of the night. Even with guys like Polamalu out Tyrone Carter stepped up with the rest of the secondary and really shut down the WR's and layed some pretty big hits on them all night long. Our defense kicks serious *** and we'll need them big time for this stretch run !

Koopa
12-02-2007, 11:42 PM
3 games, no troy........3 games, great secondary play........... that's tells me, troy is the weak link in our secondary, sure he's great acting like a linebacker but that ****s us up cause it leaves us a man short where we need him

BlitzburghRockCity
12-02-2007, 11:43 PM
Carter has been playing really well in Troy's absence and when you can cover 3 top flight WR's like the Bengals have and a pro bowl QB throwing the ball then that's saying something.

K Train
12-02-2007, 11:43 PM
koop you said our secondary is ***

Koopa
12-02-2007, 11:46 PM
koop you said our secondary is ***

i said that early on when he was throwing on us, and i talk **** play by play, but overall they played great again without troy, the weaklink of our defense, if he comes back next sunday tom brady will have a guaranteed field day

K Train
12-02-2007, 11:47 PM
i think carson was over 30 incompletions....thats awesome

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2007, 12:03 AM
i think carson was over 30 incompletions....thats awesome

17/44 183 yds :bwah: :cope:

LatrobePA
12-03-2007, 12:14 AM
I've said it B4 Troy confuses our D as well...Great playing tonight by our D, way to go.

black an gold 4 life
12-03-2007, 12:19 AM
WE ALLWAYS TRY 2 GIVE THE GAME AWAY,BUT OUR D STEPPED UP 2 NIGHT!!!!

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-03-2007, 12:29 AM
the defense played light out after the first drive !! LeBeau made great adjustments !!

Koop step away from the pipe if you think Troy is our weak link !!

Dee Mca
12-03-2007, 12:38 AM
Wtg D way to take a stand. Had me a little worried in the beginning. Thou in the end you took care of business.

Koopa
12-03-2007, 12:46 AM
the defense played light out after the first drive !! LeBeau made great adjustments !!

Koop step away from the pipe if you think Troy is our weak link !!

the evidence is there, and it's clear, that our secondary plays their best when he's gone

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2007, 12:54 AM
Im not convinced that Troy is a weak link by any stretch of the imagination, we are shorthanded when Troy is gone and playing with fire because if somebody else goes down we're in real trouble so we need to get him healthy. He's still a huge cog in our defense and allows other players to make big plays for us.

That being said his numbers are down this year and he's missed his share of tackles in over pursuing the ball carrier; Carter has been playing great lately and bring the wood as hard as anyone.

K Train
12-03-2007, 12:56 AM
troy could be a great safety if he played safety...hes good in coverage and great at the LOS....he just has to BE THERE where a safety is supposed to be...if he didnt go astray every play he would be just as good as you all think he is...cause he can be that good

SteelersWoman
12-03-2007, 03:42 AM
I agree that our defense was pretty awesome tonight. I also noticed that Ben was getting rid of the ball MUCH more quickly than usual on quite a few of his throws tonight...NO sacks, so I credit him AND the O-line for doing better in those areas as well. And Hines--heck of a game tonight as well! Congrats to him on passing a milestone 4 years ahead of our next-best all-time receiver.

There were many guys who deserve credit in tonight's game.

NOVA STEELERS
12-03-2007, 07:00 AM
The D was spot ON :clap: :cope: need to play that kind of D against pretty boy and the patsies this week to even have a chance to come away with a W. :2cents:

AZ_Steeler
12-03-2007, 11:49 AM
In the 3rd quarter I looked at AZSteelerFan and said this is starting to look like last years game where the Steelers had a lead and let it go in the 2rd quarter. Luckily a few calls went the Steelers way and that comeback was avoided... Give this D credit though because they were able to shutdown one of the top Offenses in the league. At one point they showed a stat saying the Bengals had 70 some yards in that first drive, but on their last 7 had a total of 82 or something like that... that is just awesome! :clap:

BlitzburghNation
12-03-2007, 11:53 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: For the effort by our "D" :bigthumb:

Now let's put that effort into them patzeez,,,,,,,,,Go Steelers :towelwave: