PDA

View Full Version : Skins honor Taylor

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Found this interesting, even though I did not see it with my own eyes.

The Washington Redskins have honored safety Sean Taylor by using only ten defensive players for the first snap of Sunday's game against the Bills.

steelernewb50
12-02-2007, 05:24 PM
yeah, i heard of that, and i thought it was very honorable for them to do that. i really respect their team.

DIESELMAN
12-02-2007, 07:12 PM
Found this interesting, even though I did not see it with my own eyes.

The Washington Redskins have honored safety Sean Taylor by using only ten defensive players for the first snap of Sunday's game against the Bills.

Yeah it was a gentleman's agreement between the 2 HC's. The Bills would do a run play on the first play. I thought that was pretty cool too. :bigthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Yeah that was very cool of them to do that, plus with putting him on the ring of honor his legacy will be cemented for all to see for a long time to come.

RW318
12-02-2007, 07:56 PM
I truly don't believe that is the way to honor him. You want to honor him by winning the game in his memory...but going with 10 allowed the Bills to break off a pretty big run right off the bat.

I mean I would like the move in another situation...but it just wasn't good here.

GoBenGo
12-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Yeah it was a gentleman's agreement between the 2 HC's. The Bills would do a run play on the first play. I thought that was pretty cool too. :bigthumb: It gave me chills when they reported it on ESPN. It does the heart good to see that some things are more important.
Here is the other end of the spectrum: Classless fans, well they are not true fans, are selling #21 tribute towels on ebay. People would sell their mother to make a buck. I don't know what is worse, the media circus, or the idiots that use a time like this display their lack of etchics.http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225700

NOVA STEELERS
12-03-2007, 11:15 AM
Ya and the rookie ran for 22 yards

BlitzburghNation
12-03-2007, 11:25 AM
That was great,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :clap: :bigthumb: Class acts from class coaches !

AZ_Steeler
12-03-2007, 03:02 PM
It would have been better if the Redskins had won but who knew calling back to back timeouts resulted in a 15 yard penalty... Honest mistake on Gibbs part which let the Bills kick a 36 yarder instead of 51 :(

The ebayers trying to make a buck though... that's classless!

GoBenGo
12-03-2007, 04:26 PM
It would have been better if the Redskins had won but who knew calling back to back timeouts resulted in a 15 yard penalty... Honest mistake on Gibbs part which let the Bills kick a 36 yarder instead of 51 :(

The ebayers trying to make a buck though... that's classless!
I agree AZ
Gibbs stated in his press conference he did not know they had 10 on the field, D coordinator did it without his knowing. Not that it was wrong or anything , it was one of the classiest tributes I've seen, just that you think the head coach might be in on it. Now in the same sense, the two timeouts, Gibbs said he asked the ref before calling it and the ref said, " just tell me when". Not that the ref should have said anything else, if he does he is biased. My shovel goes to the Washy asst coaches. They have like a dozen coaches their who should know also, hell , I know, and none of them spoke up. I give Gibbs the BOD on this one for having a little more on his mind. He has handled this tragedy with grace , class, and good wholesome all-american morals.