PDA

View Full Version : NFL Network

Randall
12-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Ok. I looked around and didnt see anything. And figured the only section this could go was NFL lol. Anyway, who here has the NFL network, and who doesnt for starters. And how many of you havent known that the NFL Network has Thursday night games after Thanksgiving. The NFL Network has been doing this for 3 years, or since there has been a network anyway. Ive never had the NFL Network, I dont even have satellite anymore. But they schedule the games before the year not knowing who is going to be good and what not. And everyone getting mad this year that the Packers vs Cowboys ended up being a good game and was on NFL seemed a little crazy for me. Because like I said its been happening for a couple years at least now. So just wondering what some of you guys think on the deal.

BTW - I can understand if they were a Packer or Cowboy fan in one of those respective markets that didn't in turn offer NFL network on the cable provider. As can I with any team market with games on NFL Network. We as Steeler fans come Thurs Dec 20th will need the NFL Network to see the Steelers play the Rams. But thats my take.

Forged in Steel
12-01-2007, 12:26 PM
I have NFL Network. It's not the greatest thing in the world, it gets boring often. It's also very stupid that we have to pay for it and all of that. The only reason I have it is because it's dirt cheap here!

Randall
12-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Yeah thats what people say. That it is in the upper tier packages. But where I am at and most my friends and when we had it we had satelitte. And its on the basic package there. I think its a big speil for nothing more then not seeing a game. And I agree the programming on the NFL Network gets repetitive and boring. If anything, they should have more games on NFL Network lol.

murtuc
12-01-2007, 01:25 PM
For $1.99 Comcast gave me six months of NFL Network and other nonsense sports networks that I never would think of using. It's a shame that the NFL that makes billions from FOX, CBS,NBC and ESPN has to dig deeper into the pockets of fans! What's worse, the NHL is following suit, and NHL TV is not offered anywhere. I subscribed to CenterIce and on 11/29, NHL TV removed the Penguin game to cyber space. What a Rip-Off

DIESELMAN
12-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Where I live, we don't have cable so I got Directv. I like it, yeah it gets boring but so does ESPN, showing the same show hour after hour. What I like most is, they show replays of games without commercials, timeouts and all the other time killers.

GoBenGo
12-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Where I live, we don't have cable so I got Directv. I like it, yeah it gets boring but so does ESPN, showing the same show hour after hour. What I like most is, they show replays of games without commercials, timeouts and all the other time killers.
Same here, dude. I got the NFL ticket pkg also, did that since in my area we end up with Eagles, Skins, or Ratbird games on all day.I never miss a game. any. NFL network is behind on the times as far as talent in the booths, you woul;d think that the network bearing the marquee name would have the best coverage. I am glad they finally went to HD, quality sucked big before that.God Bless :hail:HD
God bless:hail: direct tv and my gazillion channels, with my sports pack I get like 12 Fox sports Nets, Masn, 8 Comcast sports nets, and dozens of others. Whether it is Div III, II, IAA, football, hockey, darts, I get it.:cabbagepatch:

Prosdo
12-01-2007, 02:49 PM
NFL Network is alright during the season. I actually prefer it during the off season. They have shows on like America's Game, Super Bowls, Greatest of, and others like that.

BlitzburghNation
12-01-2007, 03:31 PM
I love the NFL network,,,,,,,,,I'm such a football nut,I even watch alot of replays :haha:
Watching Americas game right now " Steelers '79'' and I have it on DVD :haha:
Like prosdo said,it's great in the off-season,also Sirius keeps me up to date with all the happenings in the greatest sport known to man :banana2:
Ooooooooops and Woman :haha: :bigthumb:

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-01-2007, 03:56 PM
For $1.99 Comcast gave me six months of NFL Network and other nonsense sports networks that I never would think of using. It's a shame that the NFL that makes billions from FOX, CBS,NBC and ESPN has to dig deeper into the pockets of fans! What's worse, the NHL is following suit, and NHL TV is not offered anywhere. I subscribed to CenterIce and on 11/29, NHL TV removed the Penguin game to cyber space. What a Rip-Off

YOU DO NOT NEED A CABLE PROVIDER TO ACCESS THE NFL NETWORK . T1 LINE AND A INTERNET CONNECTION. IS ALL IT TAKES. SAME WAY I GET TO SEE THE STEEELERS GAMES WHEN THERE NOT TELEVISED IN PHILLY. :bigthumb:

SteelersWoman
12-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Where we are, NFL network is provided in all the Directv packages, so I had it even before I upgraded to the middle level package.

We're fortunate enough to live close to Pittsburgh--we see all the Steelers games on local channels, so I don't need NFLN for that.

I'd die without access to football stuff year round however...I'd say that NFLN is on a minimum of 2 hours a day--sometimes much more lol I even listen to it when I'm on the computer...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-01-2007, 06:04 PM
NFL Network is alright during the season. I actually prefer it during the off season. They have shows on like America's Game, Super Bowls, Greatest of, and others like that.

:plus1: I watch it during the season for the NFL Replays and the Total Access but the offseason is where I watch it alot more because they have great draft coverage, combine, mini camps, etc.

It's always going to be listed in the sports tier packages for cable and satellite companies otherwise they'd have to jack up the rates even more for basic cable.

Hburg
12-02-2007, 02:16 AM
Ok. I looked around and didnt see anything. And figured the only section this could go was NFL lol. Anyway, who here has the NFL network, and who doesnt for starters. And how many of you havent known that the NFL Network has Thursday night games after Thanksgiving. The NFL Network has been doing this for 3 years, or since there has been a network anyway. Ive never had the NFL Network, I dont even have satellite anymore. But they schedule the games before the year not knowing who is going to be good and what not. And everyone getting mad this year that the Packers vs Cowboys ended up being a good game and was on NFL seemed a little crazy for me. Because like I said its been happening for a couple years at least now. So just wondering what some of you guys think on the deal.

BTW - I can understand if they were a Packer or Cowboy fan in one of those respective markets that didn't in turn offer NFL network on the cable provider. As can I with any team market with games on NFL Network. We as Steeler fans come Thurs Dec 20th will need the NFL Network to see the Steelers play the Rams. But thats my take.

I got NFL Network at my apartment at school, but not at home. I pay $5 extra a month for NFL Network, NBA TV, some soccer channels and college sports channels. It definately is worth it for me just having a channel I can turn to at any time of the day and have it be entirely about football. I don't like that they are broadcasting games solely on that channel however, especially when it is not even offered in many markets. Thursday Dec. 23rd I'm supposed to be home, but I may have to make a trip to my apartment to see the game.

BuFu

Koopa
12-02-2007, 02:44 AM
nflnetwork is fagged out, it's easy for some to say just get satellite, but what some fail to realize all some ppl, like me, can is afford cable, and our cable company is fagged out and won't offer it

and i don't hate on the network cause i don't have it, cause when i'm at my grandmas i do get to see it, and that station is full of scrub *** analyst, i'll be at my grandmas the day the steelers play the rams, but i don't even want to listen to it cause the commentators suck donkey dick, i rather have a broadcast with madden and kornhieser or however his name is spelled as teh only two calling the game

nbatv sucks *** too, but i'd rather watch taht then nflnetwork, i rather watch pbs then nflnetwork..........it's the farm league for analyst, the rejects espn, fsn, cbs, and nbc didn't want

K Train
12-02-2007, 02:54 AM
thursday night games were new last year....i like them lol

AZ_Steeler
12-02-2007, 01:02 PM
:D http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1080 From September of 2006

Randall
12-02-2007, 02:22 PM
^^Thats exactly what I am talking about. They started the Thursday night games last year or whatever. So everyone freaking out about it this year about the Cowboys Packers is just wasted breath. But I only have my trust bunny ears. Gets me a whooping 5 channels. I am getting tired of the Chiefs and the Vikings.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-02-2007, 02:34 PM
The NFLN is the fast growing network in television history and it's only going to continue to get bigger and bigger. The Customer Service people at my work were 300 customers in que all day long the day of the Cowbody/Packers game because everybody wanted to add it at the last minute.

Koopa
12-02-2007, 04:30 PM
they've had games on thursday nights before, just not on nflnetwork

K Train
12-02-2007, 04:38 PM
that was just thanksgiving and opening kickoff game

Koopa
12-02-2007, 05:20 PM
they still had them lol, it's just gay that they are only allowing ppl with money to watch these games

SteelersfaninPhilly
12-02-2007, 05:57 PM
they still had them lol, it's just gay that they are only allowing ppl with money to watch these games

All you need is an internet connection to watch the games. Either dsl, broadband, or t1. I would not recommend it over dial up. Oh and it is free :greengrin:

Koopa
12-02-2007, 06:07 PM
i have dsl, i just don't know where to watch the games, except for that site that makes you install something, and i don't want to install anything i don't trust on my new computer