PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Kreider placed on injured reserve

Friday133
11-29-2007, 01:35 PM
Steelers' Kreider placed on injured reserve
Thursday, November 29, 2007
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers have placed fullback Dan Kreider on the season-ending injured reserve list and activated tight end Jon Dekker to their 53-man roster.

Kreider, an undrafted free agent who has been the starting fullback since the middle of his rookie season in 2000, injured his knee Monday night against the Miami Dolphins.

Dekker, an undrafted free agent from Princeton, has been on the practice squad each of the past two seasons. The Steelers needed a third tight end after Jerame Tuman was placed on injured reserve last week.

Post-Gazette (http://www.postgazette.com/pg/07333/837782-66.stm)

This can't be good.

K Train
11-29-2007, 01:47 PM
dekker was beast in preseason

LatrobePA
11-29-2007, 01:53 PM
Sucks, time to step up #38....

BlitzburghRockCity
11-29-2007, 02:00 PM
This sux big time !! Kreider was the guy that gave our run game that physicality that it lacks when Davis is in there. This is his time to shine though so he needs to step up his game.

Stlrs4Life
11-29-2007, 07:58 PM
This sux big time !! Kreider was the guy that gave our run game that physicality that it lacks when Davis is in there. This is his time to shine though so he needs to step up his game.

I have been saying that for a few weeks. Makes you wonder if this injury was caused by the field. I wondered why he wasn't back on the field on the possession after he made that catch.

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-29-2007, 08:25 PM
This sucks big time !! The running game s so much better with him in there. Can Dekker play fullback?? lol

Koopa
11-29-2007, 08:30 PM

willie isn't phsyical so it lacks it regardless....... maybe we should activate gary russell cause soft dookie isn't cutting it as a back up, and gary must have talent if they were afraid to put him on the practice squad casue he would've been picked up with a quickness

K Train
11-29-2007, 08:35 PM
russell was a bruiser in preseason, just saying.

and stop hating davenport for a whiffed block the other night, the guy has run very good all year

Koopa
11-29-2007, 08:40 PM
dookie is still soft as what his nickname alludes to...... he's ran well against the weak sure, but he isn't a legit back up

K Train
11-29-2007, 08:43 PM
no hes not a legit starter, hes a more than legit backup....not everyone has marion barber as a #2 guy

Koopa
11-29-2007, 08:43 PM
no hes not a legit starter, hes a more than legit backup....not everyone has marion barber as a #2 guy

i see barber every week (cept for this week cause of fagged out nflnetwork), he's number 1, they just give julius the token starter tag

K Train
11-29-2007, 08:49 PM
not my point....name 5 backups you would say are head and shoulders above najeh

Koopa
11-29-2007, 08:53 PM
not my point....name 5 backups you would say are head and shoulders above najeh

since you consider barber a back up i'll count him

barber
bush (when duece isn't broken)
turner
jones-drew
adrian peterson/ chestor taylor (whoever they consider the starter the backup is still badass)

K Train
11-29-2007, 09:02 PM
since you consider barber a back up i'll count him

barber
bush (when duece isn't broken)
turner
jones-drew
adrian peterson/ chestor taylor (whoever they consider the starter the backup is still badass)
Chester Taylor is a scrub...they learned pretty quick that when the feed the ball to peterson they win.

and if your not counting barber as a backup (even though you did? lol)....MJD doesnt count either...fred taylor is old and dying. Bush is the starter, i was thinking duece (would love him with us) but hes broken so that doesnt count...

I was thinking turner, duece. other than that, i dont see many other guy i would consider by far above davenport...theres certainly alot of backups out there that are good, but davenport is a decent runner and probably falls in that upper 75% as backup RBs are concerned. Theres a handful of starters out there i would rather have davenport than

Being real physical has never been his game, thats always been a knock on him

Koopa
11-29-2007, 09:08 PM
Chester Taylor is a scrub...they learned pretty quick that when the feed the ball to peterson they win.

and if your not counting barber as a backup (even though you did? lol)....MJD doesnt count either...fred taylor is old and dying. Bush is the starter, i was thinking duece (would love him with us) but hes broken so that doesnt count...

I was thinking turner, duece. other than that, i dont see many other guy i would consider by far above davenport...theres certainly alot of backups out there that are good, but davenport is a decent runner and probably falls in that upper 75% as backup RBs are concerned. Theres a handful of starters out there i would rather have davenport than

Being real physical has never been his game, thats always been a knock on him

barber has more carries which is why i don't count him, taylor has more carries then jones-drew

and chestor >>>>>>>>>>>>> soft dookie

bush isn't a starter when duece isn't broken, that's why i counted him as a back up

and i just don't like dookie cause he's so soft for being such a big *** dude

K Train
11-29-2007, 09:09 PM
i understand what your saying....but hes more than a legit backup at least lol, labeling him not a decent backup is a little harsh.

and Taylor is a scrub lol

steelerfan11
11-29-2007, 10:21 PM
The Steelers also added offensive lineman Jeremy Parquet to their practice squad. Parquet was a seventh-round pick by Kansas City in 2005.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-29-2007, 10:35 PM
Dekker doesn't play FB that I know of but he's a good blocker and with the loss of Kreider will need everybody who's a good blocker that we can get cuz Danny is THAT good.

I think Najeh is a legit backup, not necessarily a legit starter but so far he's done what's been asked of him this year and running alot harder and stronger this year than what we saw last year.

BlitzburghNation
11-30-2007, 01:56 AM
Gonna miss big K,,,,,,,,,,Plowing down LB's and his hard :moon: play on the field !

He'll always be a STEELER and I'll never forget him :towelwave:

SteelersWoman
11-30-2007, 03:37 AM
I hate that Dan's out, but I don't think they've been playing him as much this season as they should be anyway.

DIESELMAN
11-30-2007, 05:59 AM
I hate that Dan's out, but I don't think they've been playing him as much this season as they should be anyway.

:bigthumb: You got that right. In case y'all didn't know, Kreider tore his ACL.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2007, 06:01 AM
And on top of that he's a UFA next year so his career with us may very well be over :(

Koopa
11-30-2007, 01:48 PM
And on top of that he's a UFA next year so his career with us may very well be over :(

maybe not, there's not much of a market for full backs anymore, so maybe since he had a ****** year we could resign him on the cheap