PDA

View Full Version : HOF: Two former Steelers advance

AZ_Steeler
11-29-2007, 11:16 AM
Link to story... (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07333/837684-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml)

Former Steelers Dermontti Dawson and Kevin Greene are among the 26 modern-era semifinalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, announced yesterday.

Among other semifinalists for the Class of 2008 are former Pitt players Russ Grimm and Rickey Jackson.

The Hall of Fame's Board of Selectors chose the 26 semifinalists from the recently announced list of 124 preliminary nominees. There was a tie for 25th place.

The semifinalists will be reduced to 15 who will join two seniors candidates for a Feb. 2 vote.NFL Hall of Fame semifinalists:
:clap:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-29-2007, 11:44 AM
Dawson deserves it big time, he was an awesome center for us, the best in the league bar none when he was playing.

I wonder if Kevin Greene would go in as a Steeler if he makes it?

Prosdo
11-29-2007, 11:47 AM
I am so happy to hear Dermontti advanced!

GoBenGo
11-29-2007, 12:34 PM
DD definitely deserves it. One of the best centers of all time! He is one of the main reasons we have the rep as a rushing team!
Kevin Green is a nut, I always liked him. I hope he goes in as a Steeler, not a Ram.

steelersgal86
11-30-2007, 06:24 AM
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

DIESELMAN
11-30-2007, 06:42 AM
Sweet!!! I was watching NFL Total Access the other day and they were talking about the HOF candidates and how they should be nominated. One interesting point they brought up was the selection committee, if they were qualified enough to determine who gets in, half if not more of the panel have never played football. So what makes them experts, anyone can look at stats and claim to be an expert.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2007, 06:55 AM
Sweet!!! I was watching NFL Total Access the other day and they were talking about the HOF candidates and how they should be nominated. One interesting point they brought up was the selection committee, if they were qualified enough to determine who gets in, half if not more of the panel have never played football. So what makes them experts, anyone can look at stats and claim to be an expert.

The same reason 3/4 of the sports journalists and media personalities are experts. :lol:

I can still remember Dert snapping that ball and pulling to the right or left to lead the RB down the field; the guy was just so light on his feet and strong as an ox. He was the main reason that Kimo was brought into Pittsburgh because he mentioned to Cowher that Von Olehoffen was the most difficult NT he ever had to block because he is so strong and powerful.

OneSteelSoldier
12-04-2007, 03:27 AM
Dawson all the way!!!