PDA

View Full Version : Gut feelings for the Bungles game?????

LatrobePA
11-27-2007, 11:46 AM
Anyone feeling we are due for a "good" "clean" game??

AZ_Steeler
11-27-2007, 11:49 AM
Yeah... but this series has been weird lately. The visiting team seems to have the upper hand :dunno:

LatrobePA
11-27-2007, 12:07 PM
True, but maybe this is where this trend changes.

The Palmer gang bounced back last week and looked good...

We need the Stains to lose.

AZ_Steeler
11-27-2007, 12:15 PM
The Steelers are definitely due for a breakout game... they lost to a pathetic Jets team and barely squeaked out a win against the winless dolphins. Either they have played down to their opponent, or the Steelers really have issues, or the Jets and Dolphins are close to turning the corner and being really competitive.

This game against the Bengals can't be taken for granted because the Bengals built up a lot of confidence last week, plus the Steelers have the Pats the following week... there is a lot riding on this game this weekend because we can't rely or count on the Cardinals to beat the Browns!

LatrobePA
11-27-2007, 12:20 PM
We need for Willie to get back to over 100 per game. this wek will be a good time for that to happen. If we keep Palmer and crew off the field we will stand a good chance.

Greygrizzly
11-27-2007, 12:33 PM
The way we are playing right now we shouldn't take anything at all for granted. Our play calling on offense is totally predictable. Parker hasn't had a big gain in quite some time. And without a good running game the passing game suffers and add to that the predictability of when we are running or passing and we will be lucky to sqeek by the Bungles.

TampaSteelGirl
11-27-2007, 12:38 PM
My gut is sick so far. I'm trying to be positive but our inconsistency makes me think otherwise unfortunately! The Bengals are determined to beat us this week and they'll do anything to make sure they do. We've got to be consistent, determined and we have to stop with the crappy penalties and our special teams has to step up and the O line needs to protect Ben!!! I'm so impressed with the Pats O line! Brady has all day to throw the ball!!! :tt02:

LatrobePA
11-27-2007, 12:40 PM
The way we are playing right now we shouldn't take anything at all for granted. Our play calling on offense is totally predictable. Parker hasn't had a big gain in quite some time. And without a good running game the passing game suffers and add to that the predictability of when we are running or passing and we will be lucky to sqeek by the Bungles.

True, very true. We need a new fresh game plan, but that won't come from BA. Well here's to hoping we find a way :cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-27-2007, 01:14 PM
We always seem to get up for the big games from above average teams and just barely squeak by with the other ones. When it's a divisional game though all the records go out the door because these games are physical and anybody can win. It's up to us to stick it to them early because the field conditions will nullify any speed advantages so it's going to come down to who can take care of the ball and not make the big mistake, IMO.

BlackGold4vr
11-27-2007, 01:23 PM
True, very true. We need a new fresh game plan, but that won't come from BA. Well here's to hoping we find a way :cope:

I am hoping that Mike Tomlin recognizes that Bruce Arians is not the best that we can do. Lots of brilliant young minds out there just waiting for their shot. Would be nice to find the next Bill Walsh. A brilliant offensive minded coach who can revolutionize the way the next couple of decades are played across the league. Those types of people are out there. Just need to look in unorthodox places to find them.

K Train
11-27-2007, 01:43 PM
i hate you guys saying we suck because of last nights game...just ridiculous

BlitzburghRockCity
11-27-2007, 01:49 PM
I don't personally think we suck as a team overall, and last nights game was just a continuation of previous problems in some areas...I do know for a fact that we are underachieving in a big way in certain areas and we need to rectify that. the OL has to play better, Ben has to get rid of the ball quicker, the DB's have to tighten up coverage at times, etc. Overall this team has the potential to be great, and I mean downright unstoppable but to date we are failing in 1 area or another every week and until we get consistent we will struggle.

dkanna
11-27-2007, 01:53 PM
I don't personally think we suck as a team overall, and last nights game was just a continuation of previous problems in some areas...I do know for a fact that we are underachieving in a big way in certain areas and we need to rectify that. the OL has to play better, Ben has to get rid of the ball quicker, the DB's have to tighten up coverage at times, etc. Overall this team has the potential to be great, and I mean downright unstoppable but to date we are failing in 1 area or another every week and until we get consistent we will struggle.

I agree, but the defense really stepped up. That gave me hope through the whole game.

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-27-2007, 01:54 PM
Last nite's game was an anomaly. It was far from ideal conditions, that basically took away the passing game of both teams. Remember we did win 3-0 how much different is that from 27-24?? It is still 1 for the win column, that's all that counts !!

Gut feeling for the cincy boys? Get ready for a good old fashioned football game,
we will play to the ability of our opponents and score at least one more then them !! That's all it takes !!!:tt02::tt02:

Mike Tomlin
11-27-2007, 02:06 PM
I guess no one saw the bullshit that we played in. I was just glad we got the win, but your precious Patriots were in great weather and almost took their first L to the second string QB. hell be complete over 80 percent of his passes in that mess.We will beat the Patriots on the 9th.

LatrobePA
11-27-2007, 03:28 PM

Not sure where you saw those words, "suck"??? :dunno:

Lets see what happens this weekend with hopefully better field turf conditions.

We left alot out there on the field, should of scored a few more times...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-27-2007, 03:30 PM
I agree, but the defense really stepped up. That gave me hope through the whole game.

Indeed they did, the defense played a helluva of a game last night and really stepped up big time to keep them out of the endzone especially late in the game when they were driving and had the ball in our end of the field.

LatrobePA
11-27-2007, 03:57 PM
Our D played very good, I cannot take anything from them at all.

AZ_Steeler
11-27-2007, 05:25 PM

It's hard to say the Steelers suck because the field conditions were absolutely horrid! I understand letting High Schools use the field for their championship games but something needs to be done to preserve the field a little better than it has been. I'm all for the natural grass but it can't take the abuse that it's taken at Heinz Field and expect to make it to December still looking good... especially during the winter when the grass just wants to go dormant anyways.

:imho: the field conditions played a huge role in the game last night.

K Train
11-27-2007, 05:55 PM
It's hard to say the Steelers suck because the field conditions were absolutely horrid! I understand letting High Schools use the field for their championship games but something needs to be done to preserve the field a little better than it has been. I'm all for the natural grass but it can't take the abuse that it's taken at Heinz Field and expect to make it to December still looking good... especially during the winter when the grass just wants to go dormant anyways.

:imho: the field conditions played a huge role in the game last night.

not just in your opinion...thats they way of it, i said so and my word is law...write it in stone lol

the field played a bigger role than any of could possibly understand.

Field turf, **** grass, the players prefer field turf and it will conserve water/energy in pittsburgh lol...

GoBenGo
11-27-2007, 06:20 PM
Hey, at least we will have the home field advantage!:lol: Yeah, we get to play them on our turf!:rofl::rofl:

Mike Tomlin
11-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Anybody that's ever been on turf know that it's a speed advantge, guys like Parker and Holmes would kill. That turf gives you an extra spring in your step, that's why I think Rooney never wanted it. I think he feels that it's an advantage an you know the Rooneys love hard nose dirty football. He prolly enjoyed the game more than we know lol!

AZ_Steeler
11-27-2007, 06:44 PM
not just in your opinion...thats they way of it, i said so and my word is law...write it in stone lol

the field played a bigger role than any of could possibly understand.

Field turf, **** grass, the players prefer field turf and it will conserve water/energy in pittsburgh lol...

Kyle's going green! :lol: :bigthumb:

Ambridge
11-27-2007, 06:50 PM
I hate to say it but this game sets up well for the Bengals.
With Chris Henry back he'll add extra pressure in the Steelers secondary and Cincy is coming in pretty confident after taking out Tennessee.

The Steelers offensive line needs to wake-up and protect Ben and open up some damn holes for Willie...and that includes keeping Dan Krieder in as the lead fullback!!

The Steelers lose if they play anything remotely close as they have the last two weeks.

GoBenGo
11-27-2007, 06:54 PM
I gotta believe our boys are in for a break out game . After the last two stinkers, I don't see how the true Steelers don't show up! Gaps will be addressed, assignments evaluated, and guts checked. Tomlin will have the boys ready to roll!!

Stairwayto7
11-27-2007, 07:27 PM
We`ve been playing Cowher type football latley?????????????????

Tomlin needs to open things up like earlier in the season!

If it ain`t broke , don`t fix it!

Mike Tomlin
11-27-2007, 09:46 PM
I gotta believe our boys are in for a break out game . After the last two stinkers, I don't see how the true Steelers don't show up! Gaps will be addressed, assignments evaluated, and guts checked. Tomlin will have the boys ready to roll!!
I wouldn't say last night was a stinker because of the field ,but I thought we did very well. Willie looked like '05 Monday and he will do the Bengals bad. I hope Holmes plays but if not I want to see more of Reid , this cat has the potential to be a faster Hines. Remember that crucial third down when he caught that screen and picked up the first, hell he saved the game.Let's not even talk about our D......................................

P.S. Carson is afraid of us:cope:

LatrobePA
11-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Henry needs a quick and often dose of #27 nuff said!!

F the bungles...

floodcitygirl
11-27-2007, 11:07 PM
I can tell you that Cincy is really gearing up for this one. Every time they play the Steelers it's like their SB. This time Cincy radio is talking about how bad we looked the last two games and how good they've looked and improved. They believe that its time for an upset in this division and based on play in recent games, they're gonna get it. Our boys better be ready to bring it. Don't you know that they would love to play a part in taking us out of the playoffs?! :bengalssuck:

DBR96A
11-27-2007, 11:21 PM
This game has me dry-heaving. If we play too much zone defense, we lose. It's that simple.

black an gold 4 life
11-28-2007, 12:01 AM
FU** THE BUNGIRLS,THEY CAN'T DO 2 US WHAT WE DO 2 THEM, I JUST HOPE WE DON'T TAKE THEM LIGHTLY, WE NEED 2 RUN MORE 3-4 ON DEFENSE, THIS TIME AROUND, ONCE WE HIT THAT STATUE(CARSON PALMER) AN COUPLE OF TIMES,THAT'LL TAKE THAT GIRL RIGHT OUT OF HER GAME I'M SURE FAG CHAD JOHNSON WILL HAVE SOMETHING STUPID 2 SAY, THAT'LL ADD SOME FIRE 2 THE FUEL,AN T.J WHO'S UR MOMMA WILL B LOOKING 4 ANT THE ASSASIN SMITH,AN CHRIS GET OUT OF JAIL EARLY HENRYNEEDS SOME OF THE ANT THE ASSASIN SMITH ALSO, I HEARD THAT SANTONIO,AN TROY MIGHT PLAY THIS WEEK IF SO THAT'LL B NICE.............COME ON PITTSBURGH, KICK THE SHIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT OUT OF THEM STANKING BUNGIRLS.........GO STEELERS:bengalssuck::bengalssuck::bengalssuck::be ngalssuck::bengalssuck:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-28-2007, 05:57 AM
I can tell you that Cincy is really gearing up for this one. Every time they play the Steelers it's like their SB. This time Cincy radio is talking about how bad we looked the last two games and how good they've looked and improved. They believe that its time for an upset in this division and based on play in recent games, they're gonna get it. Our boys better be ready to bring it. Don't you know that they would love to play a part in taking us out of the playoffs?! :bengalssuck:

They were saying the same things earlier in the year too when we played them, about how great they were and how much they were going to win...they'll never learn. :nonod:

AZ_Steeler
11-28-2007, 10:11 AM

Let em think that... they will in over confident and smacked in the mouth!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-28-2007, 09:25 PM
Let em think that... they will in over confident and smacked in the mouth!

You can bet your last dollar they'll be coming into this game with the confidence they always do thinking they will beat us because they are the better team :blah: yet we smack them in the mouth and then they make excuses when they lose.

floodcitygirl
11-28-2007, 09:56 PM
You can bet your last dollar they'll be coming into this game with the confidence they always do thinking they will beat us because they are the better team :blah: yet we smack them in the mouth and then they make excuses when they lose.You know that I would like...no love...the scenario that you present here to become the reality on Sunday. I just shared earlier the hype that is going on here this week. After the way we played the last two games I'd be lying if I didn't admit to being a bit concerned. I still remember last years game at Heinz....and it was on my birthday.....uggghhh!

frijune62004
11-28-2007, 09:59 PM
Steelers will be lucky to beat cincy the way they are playing now.. they will lose to JAX and IND. CLE is going to win out and take the division see you in cleveland baby!!!!!

floodcitygirl
11-28-2007, 10:06 PM
Steelers will be lucky to beat cincy the way they are playing now.. they will lose to JAX and IND. CLE is going to win out and take the division see you in cleveland baby!!!!!however.....I'd like to add to my last post by saying that's what they said about "coming to their house" just weeks ago...and we all know where that got them. lol btw...didn't we already play the brownies this season???? how'd that work out for them? :tt02:

frijune62004
11-28-2007, 10:17 PM
you were getting blown out in your own house until our defense started blowing!! when the playoffs come around and it actually matters we will see who wins!!!!! GO BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LatrobePA
11-28-2007, 10:53 PM
you were getting blown out in your own house until our defense started blowing!! when the playoffs come around and it actually matters we will see who wins!!!!! GO BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to your little **** stain forums and post your bullshit, the browns suck and this fluke with DA will die down and you fags will be chanting for brady the queen queer again:banana:!!

Go about your business fruitcake....

Forged in Steel
11-28-2007, 11:24 PM

FLASHBACK: NFL PLAYOFFS 2002-2003: And the Browns and their defense blow the lead and loose to the Steelers 36-33 (I was there)!

What happened on Friday, June 6, 2004 (your username)?

floodcitygirl
11-28-2007, 11:43 PM
What happened on Friday, June 6, 2004 (your username)?I believe June 6th 2004 was a Sunday???? :scratch:

SteelerSteve
11-29-2007, 12:27 AM
I hate to say it but this game sets up well for the Bengals.
With Chris Henry back he'll add extra pressure in the Steelers secondary and Cincy is coming in pretty confident after taking out Tennessee.

The Steelers offensive line needs to wake-up and protect Ben and open up some damn holes for Willie...and that includes keeping Dan Krieder in as the lead fullback!!

The Steelers lose if they play anything remotely close as they have the last two weeks.Our line should be able to handle the bengal cream puff defense. When Ben gets good protection, we are an elite team. I think the line will be able to handle their task and we should beat them easy like we did the first time around. The main thing I want to see is our guys play with the attitude of going out and be violent and just try to kill these guys. Were playing the Bengals, so the desire should be there.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

you were getting blown out in your own house until our defense started blowing!! when the playoffs come around and it actually matters we will see who wins!!!!! GO BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!We swept you guys this year. So STFU. God, I cant believe this dude, trying to talk **** after we swept his sorry *** expansion team. We were getting blown out? oh well, lucky for us your sucky *** team proved they cant finish. Oh wait a minute, I am gonna be sorry when our teams play in the playoffs:hail: HAHAHA good luck making it through the first round of the playoffs, or even making it to the playoffs with that sorry *** defense. Your team is just like the Bengals, a flashy O but no D. When will you learn that the balanced offense, with a dominating D is the only way to the Lombardi.

steelersgal86
11-29-2007, 05:23 AM

:lol::lol: All that matters is the final score!!!! :banana:

BR7
11-29-2007, 09:27 AM
Steelers will be lucky to beat cincy the way they are playing now.. they will lose to JAX and IND. CLE is going to win out and take the division see you in cleveland baby!!!!!

Cool.. they added a 17th game huh? Now we got Indy on the schedule!!

I believe June 6th 2004 was a Sunday???? :scratch:

lol.. whats up with that? I think that was the date he was born, so that explains his stupidity..

http://www.eacustomcovers.com/_misc/time.PNG

ARKIESTEEL
11-29-2007, 10:46 AM
Wow that was a little rough:nono:

GoBenGo
11-29-2007, 11:45 AM
I believe June 6th 2004 was a Sunday???? :scratch:June, Must be talkin' about Indians / Pirates. Stains games ( both wins for us by the way) were 10/10/04 and 11/14/04. Staley had over a Hundy! Hell the only blemish on that reg season was Baltiwhore. Maybe it was his parole date, or the original day he had to register under Megan's law.
Hard to listen to a crap team fan getting on the bandwagon for another crap team.
The Steelers will open up a can on these guys. Our monsters on D will punish their light-in-the-loafers finesse style.

steel-tex
11-29-2007, 02:48 PM
really, they call me bruce has shown nothing but run run pass- run run pass- punt punt punt no imagination.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2007, 08:56 AM
Why in the hell are we talking about the Clowns in a Bungals thread...didn't we sweep the clowns and prove once again that they can't handle the Black n Gold? :dunno: :cope:

Now as for the Bengals this weekend,

:bengalssuck: :bengalssuck: :bengalssuck: :bengalssuck: :bengalssuck: