PDA

View Full Version : Sean Taylor Dies...**Update 11/30 - Arrests made in case**

Prosdo
11-27-2007, 07:22 AM
AP: Redskins safety Sean Taylor has dies

MIAMI (AP) Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor has died, a day after he was shot in the leg, said family friend Richard Sharpstein.

He said Taylor's father called him around 5:30 a.m. to tell him the news.

"His father called and said he was with Christ and he cried and thanked me," said Sharpstein, Taylor's former lawyer. "It's a tremendously sad and unnecessary event. He was a wonderful, humble, talented young man, and had a huge life in front of him. Obviously God had other plans."

He said he did not know exactly when Taylor died.

Doctors had been encouraged late Monday night when Taylor squeezed a nurse's hand. But Sharpstein said he was told Taylor never regained consciousness after being transported to the hospital and that he wasn't sure how he had squeezed the nurse's hand.

"Maybe he was trying to say goodbye or something," Sharpstein said.

The 24-year-old Redskins safety was shot early Monday in his home in the upper leg, damaging an artery and causing significant blood loss.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/redskins/2007-11-27-obit-taylor_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

What an extremely sad tragedy. I can't believe he passed away. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Taylor family, Redskins organization, and his friends. RIP Sean Taylor.

steelersgal86
11-27-2007, 07:29 AM
How sad...my thoughts and prayers are with his family and team...

DIESELMAN
11-27-2007, 07:43 AM
Damn.....this is some sad ****, I was reading he turned his life around after the birth of his daughter. Another useless, tragis loss. My thought and prayewrs out to his family. 'RIP'

snowman79
11-27-2007, 10:12 AM
The news that Redskins safety Sean Taylor has died as a result of gun shot wounds sustained in a break in at his Miami home is devastating, this young man had his whole life and future in front of him, this is such a tragic and needless loss.

Our thoughts and sympathy's must surely go out to his family, friends and team mates, may God bless them and comfort them in this their time of need.

From everyone within the "Steelers Family" our thoughts and prayers are with you.

God Bless You All

G89Newitt13
11-27-2007, 10:40 AM
wow....:cope: thats messed up...he was one of my favorite safties...right after troy of course

TampaSteelGirl
11-27-2007, 10:45 AM
It's just terrible!! I don't understand that! God Bless his family and his little baby! I don't understand why these NFL guys don't get alarm systems. I have one and i'm not even rich!
I just feel so bad for them. Don't know him but my heart just sunk when I saw that on tv.

snowman79
11-27-2007, 10:47 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with this young mans family.

May the Lord comfort thee and keep in thy our of need

R. I. P. Sean you are now with the greatest team of all "God's Team"

You will be sadly missed

"SUPPORT OUR TROOPS"

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-27-2007, 10:55 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. it is always a tragedy when something like this happens. RIP

Hburg
11-27-2007, 11:13 AM
I smell foul play from the story I have heard from Taylor's girlfriend and the previous report of a breakin to the house a week prior to the event last night.

-A breakin was reported at Sean Taylor's house a week prior to the event last night and a machete was left on Taylor's bed.

-Taylor's girlfriend reported hearing loud noises in the house, followed by someone barging in their bedroom door and firing two shots hitting Taylor in the leg once; piercing a major artery and causing a lot of blood loss.

This does not seem like an attempted burglery, the intruder cased the house a week earlier and left a sign of death on the bed. The intruder knew where Taylor would be and aimed to kill at least him, if not his girlfriend as well.

There is quite a story behind this murder that is going to unravel in front of us as the weeks go on and the investigation continues.

BuFu

TampaSteelGirl
11-27-2007, 11:15 AM
God Bless his family! I can't even imagine such a tragedy!!! My thoughts and prayers to his family!

Stlrs4Life
11-27-2007, 12:06 PM
How sad, prayers out to him and his family.

GoBenGo
11-27-2007, 12:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHQH8TuWJWohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj0rEv6Gfk8&feature=related
Keep the positive memories closest. God Bless the Taylor family.

$teeler$guy
11-27-2007, 12:42 PM
thats messed up i can't believe that.

Prosdo
11-27-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm gonna post up at http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/ once my account is approved. Thought I would pass it along in case you guys wanted to post up as well.

floodcitygirl
11-27-2007, 01:10 PM
How tragic for his family. God's blessings to them. Such a loss for his team too.

I pray they will be able to get to the bottom of what happened and help bring some resolution to this and at least social justice.

Deb
11-27-2007, 01:16 PM
it was very cool of you guys to go over there. Prosdo just represented you in fine steelers fashion. Just touched me. They are good people just grieving and one more reason SA is so special

PennSkinsFan
11-27-2007, 01:20 PM
Guys and Gals of the Steeler Nation

I want to extend mt thanks from hailRedskins.com. We are not the official Redskins forum, but we are the largest, independent fan website of the Redskins and several of us have read your comments, thoughts, and prayers, and truly appreciate the genuine sympathy, kind words, and comfort you all have provided.

At times like this, were all human, were all football fans, and you guys have great class here! The kinds words some of our members have read here have been very comforting and we thank you, football fans to football fans.

Mark
hailRedskins.com

Deb
11-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Mark we have spent a lot of time together today LOL

But this board is a lot like yours. CP. You are a good man for taking the time to do all of this today despite your pain

floodcitygirl
11-27-2007, 01:35 PM

I want to extend mt thanks from hailRedskins.com. We are not the official Redskins forum, but we are the largest, independent fan website of the Redskins and several of us have read your comments, thoughts, and prayers, and truly appreciate the genuine sympathy, kind words, and comfort you all have provided.

At times like this, were all human, were all football fans, and you guys have great class here! The kinds words some of our members have read here have been very comforting and we thank you, football fans to football fans.

Mark
hailRedskins.comI extend my sympathies to you and the Redskin fan base as well. Even though we may never meet the players, when you are a fan there is a bond of sorts that you form. This really is a tragic loss of a young life with great talent and promise. You don't even have to be a football fan to recognize that. Very sad.

It was great of you to come here and post up your thanks.

PennSkinsFan
11-27-2007, 01:44 PM
I think it is critical, even when in grief, to thank those who have extended nice words.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-27-2007, 02:05 PM
Sean's family, his teammates, and you all as fans are all in our prayers. We appreciate you stopping by and it's pleasure to let all of your members know that all of us here at SA are thinking of you in this time of loss and tragedy.

TampaSteelGirl
11-27-2007, 02:37 PM

Mark
hailRedskins.com

God Bless you all and I hope you all find comfort in your loss. We just can't imagine how you all feel and Thank you for stopping by. You'll always have the support of the Steeler nation here!

BB2W
11-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Nice pic from Redskins Park in Ashburn, Virginia...

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/4e/fullj.e30b66bd0b836e412655e0c4fc47c8c4/e30b66bd0b836e412655e0c4fc47c8c4-getty-78087183wm005_washington_re.jpg

Forged in Steel
11-27-2007, 03:19 PM
This is shocking! Sean Taylor made millions, he could have had fancy security system. What was he thinking?

Blitzburgh55
11-27-2007, 03:58 PM
I cant belivie he died from one shot in the leg Porter got shot and he was right back on the field

K Train
11-27-2007, 03:59 PM
you know, ive always liked watching him play, through college he was a beast...always thought he was a little overrated in the pros but he was still a big time playmaker and fun to watch.

the whole story sounds a little iffy so we'll see where it goes, taylor was a thug, so who knows what he mightve been doing. the reports were all encouraging last night, i was pretty surprised this morning

K Train
11-27-2007, 04:00 PM
I cant belivie he died from one shot in the leg Porter got shot and he was right back on the field

im surprised he made it to the hospital....he got shot in an artery near the groin, that specific artery bleeds so much, they say you have about 5-6 minutes to stop it from bleeding....porter got shot in the ***

Koopa
11-27-2007, 04:07 PM

but they didn't hit an artery when porter was shot so it's retarded to compare the shootings

this sucks ***, taylor was a beast as ktrain said, and it sucks that he was maturing since the birth of his daughter, and this isn't a case were you can call him an idiot for being out late at night, the dude was at home, and hoe *** bitches came and took his life........... thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family

BlitzburghRockCity
11-27-2007, 04:33 PM
Listening to his former coaches and teammates talk about him today just really makes you feel for his family even more. The kid may have gotten into some trouble in the past but his family was his priority and he was really growing up mentally and getting his life on the positive track from what he might have been into before. He seemed to be a very misunderstood person as well and generally a quiet, shy, individual off the field. I just can't imagine sitting in your bed at night and having this happen in the blink of an eye; it's just a terrible and senseless loss :(

They were saying that those initial reports of him responding to doctors and squeezing their hands may have been premature and should never have been released.

K Train
11-27-2007, 05:26 PM
Live press conference now, **** dan snyder, hes embarrassing himself, he should bit his ****ing tongue and let gibbs talk

Deb
11-27-2007, 05:30 PM
this was posted at CP by Pennskinfan and I know he won't mind me posting it here.

By PennskinsFan
HailRedskins.com

Deb asked that I post this thread. Here is a link (http://hailredskins.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=43918) we have to Opposing Team fans to help you all understand a little more about Sean Taylor.

Quote:
We truly thank you for the sympathies and condolences. These kind of tragic and senseless acts put life in perspective and just don't come into play regarding football.

Of course we mourn the loss of Sean Taylor the football player. He gave us terrific highlights, added spark to our defense, and became the premier face of the Redskins, dare I say, the new Mr. Redskin. Shy to the media he was, he had his reasons and we the fans also supported him in that regard.

Sean had a troubled past, but overcame that and all words, indications and comments from people who knew him as a friend and teammate clearly has shown he overcame the troubles. If there is one thing you can take from here, and feel free to share it with your fans, is that the reputation and troubled past of Sean Taylor were indeed in the PAST and Sean really did turn his life around. His 18 month old daughter was a huge part of that transformation along with his close friendships with Clinton Portis and Santana Moss. Does it make a difference? No, in the reality of life, no, Sean was a human being and Sean was one of us. BUT, please feel free to pass on that the reputation Sean developed early, was not who Sean was yesterday. Sean was a friend of many, a great football player, a terrific son, and a father to an 18 month old daughter.

We weep and mourn his loss, not as a player, but as Sean the person. We extend our gratitude and appreciation to each one of you in our time of grief. You as fellow football fans know how we as fans can become attached to our players. It's a sorrowful day in Redskins Nation and your kind thoughts and words have helped many here and for that, we say, THANK YOU!

PsychoWard
11-27-2007, 05:46 PM
this is very sad and tragic!!! my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family not to mention teammates and fans!

Koopa
11-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Live press conference now, **** dan snyder, hes embarrassing himself, he should bit his ****ing tongue and let gibbs talk

why is dan snyder saying??

SteelerSteve
11-27-2007, 05:59 PM
A tragic loss for sure, he was one of the best at his position and he had alot going for him.

K Train
11-27-2007, 06:01 PM
why is dan snyder saying??

hes just being a retard, trying to verbally suck taylors dick but hes making taylor look like a fool, this dude is the joke of the nfl. Gibbs said some nice stuff, **** snyder though

K Train
11-27-2007, 06:03 PM
its been reported that if allowed, portis wants to change his number to 21 to honor his best friend

Mike Tomlin
11-27-2007, 07:05 PM
its been reported that if allowed, portis wants to change his number to 21 to honor his best friend

I hope they allow that for the fans,the team and Taylors family especially his daughter. Just imagine how many years this will be talk about on the tv.She'll grow up and know that her dad was loved and and missed by miliions of people and she's not alone in that grief.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
------------------------------------------------------------

Just be greatful that the lord spared his life that night. It was just like The Crocadile hunter died not because he was stung but where he was stung. I read in the paper today a family here in MN came home from Church sunday morning to find that a bullet had come through the house and upstairs through their daughters pillow. A Hunter had been shooting in the area with a .50 black powder muzzle loader. That just shows you the power of GOD.

Koopa
11-27-2007, 07:29 PM

i guarantee that'll be a big N-O........godell is a dick

Prosdo
11-27-2007, 07:31 PM
I would like to see them retire the number.

SteelCityMan786
11-27-2007, 07:35 PM

I was seeing that Portis wants to wear his number

A video tribute.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5N2ERPZRpLY

Ambridge
11-27-2007, 08:15 PM
im surprised he made it to the hospital....he got shot in an artery near the groin, that specific artery bleeds so much, they say you have about 5-6 minutes to stop it from bleeding

Yep! A bleeding artery shoots out blood with every beat of the heart and the femoral artery which runs through the groin and the leg can be hard to stop the bleeding even if caught in time.

Definately a tragic and sad death at age 24!!
RIP-Sean Taylor

Koopa
11-27-2007, 08:54 PM

it's hard to retire numbers in the nfl when there is a need for 53 jersey numbers, i rather them give it to portis to honor him every week

Mike Tomlin
11-27-2007, 10:54 PM
it's hard to retire numbers in the nfl when there is a need for 53 jersey numbers, i rather them give it to portis to honor him every week

:clap:

K Train
11-28-2007, 12:53 AM
It's rumored that coach Joe Gibbs and the Buffalo Bills have been working on a "gentleman's agreement" that would allow the Redskins to honor their fallen teammate on the first play of the game. Washington would line up with 10 defensive players, minus the free safety, and the Bills would simply run the ball.

thats something meaningful imo

BlitzburghNation
11-28-2007, 03:46 AM
How sad...my thoughts and prayers are with his family and team...

:ditto:

SteelerBee43
11-28-2007, 05:03 AM
It's a tragic loss to his family and the Redskins...my prayers are with them all...

Prosdo
11-28-2007, 07:17 AM
In case any of you are interested

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4505739#post4505739

SteelCityMan786
11-28-2007, 05:01 PM
I would also invite you to Redskins Warpath at Redskinswarpath.com. I joined the site as soon as I had found out about the shooting.

SteelerFan87
11-29-2007, 08:15 PM
Such a horrible tragedy. I pray for Sean Taylor and his family.

I hope they catch the bastard who did this.

floodcitygirl
11-30-2007, 03:41 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,314223,00.html

DIESELMAN
12-01-2007, 07:36 AM
I was wondering this the other day, that someone just wanted to scare Taylor, not kill him. Its a cryin shame they actually shot him and on top of that hit him in the biggest artery of the body. What a waste, he was turning his life around, walked away from his past and was doin good. I believe in an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. They need to put these people in a room with Sean's family and let them have at it.

DIESELMAN
12-02-2007, 10:16 AM
3 denied bail.....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3136414

Only 3 were charges with unpremeditated murder

floodcitygirl
12-02-2007, 12:55 PM
"They're terrified," said Sawyer Smith, who along with his father, Wilbur, represent Rivera and Mitchell. "These are young boys who are absolutely terrified about the position in which they find themselves."

This infuriates me. I guess they weren't terrified enough all of the other times they were involved with our criminal justice system. Regardless, they should understand the terror that a parent feels having to bury their child or a partner feels knowing that she will have to live and raise their child on her own...a child that is so young she won't even be able to remember her father beyond pics and what others tell her.

I have no empathy for those murderers whether it was originally their intent to do it or not. If the potential that they would use violence in their crime wasn't a thought for them ahead of time, then why did they have guns with them to begin with? They should suffer the same fate as their victim.

And that's another thing..."find themselves"????? They didn't "find themselves" in that situation. Nobody forced them. It wasn't an accident. They purposed to put themselves in that position! I agree with you TG. It was premeditated. They should pay for that.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-02-2007, 01:02 PM
Hell no I have no empathy, sympathy, or anything else. If you break into someone's house and you have a gun then you are premeditating something ! Throw the book at them and make them pay for what they did ! Give em the maximum sentence, they deserve ATLEAST that much.