PDA

View Full Version : Steelers break NFL record tonight in Heinz Quagmire

BlitzburghRockCity
11-26-2007, 11:27 PM
Yes indeed it's been 60 years according to the stats provided by MNF, since the last game went with no points scored that late in the 4th quarter ! It was also the lowest scoring game in MNF history. It was as ugly as you could get tonight but in the end Jeff won it for us. Props to Ben, Hines, Willie, and the offense for that final drive to get us in position. We can't forget the defense tonight as they played a stellar game, aided by the poor field but still this was a team win inspite of all the offensive ineptness !

Koopa
11-26-2007, 11:33 PM
i said it in the the game day thread and i'll say it again

the rooneys need to apologize to espn, us the fans, the dolphins, and the steelers for refusing to have the best possible playing surface.........that was an embarrassment, i hope this doesn't discourage espn from having us on mnf late in teh season again

BlitzburghRockCity
11-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Im right with ya Koopa, our surface is a disgrace and an embarrassment !! Players were sinking in the turf up to the tops of their shoes ! And that punt that sunk 4 inches into the turf in the 3rd quarter, I have never seen that before !

All in all it was ugly game, probably as ugly as you can get in the modern NFL, but it was a win and we're 8-3. Through all the missed opportunities on offense they kept battling so credit them for that.

We survived this game tonight and came up with JUST enough offense late the game to win it in the end but make no mistake about it we survived it.

Mach1
11-27-2007, 12:28 AM
I'm wonder if the NFL doesn't contact the Rooneys about playing conditions.
At least no one was injured from the horrible field.

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-27-2007, 12:31 AM
Y'all bitchin bout the new turf imagine if they hadn't resodded the field ...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-27-2007, 12:33 AM

Honestly IMO at this point because of the downpour they might have been better off leaving it as is until this week and then resodding ?

black an gold 4 life
11-27-2007, 12:35 AM
LISTEN GUYS THAT'S THE WAY THE ROONEYS WANTED IT, I'LL TAKE THIS WIN LOL

K Train
11-27-2007, 12:39 AM

that would have been so much better, you can play football in the rain and mud, that wouldve been muddy, this was slop, 4 inches of mush on top of mud, it was just peeeeeeling up and slushing around holding as much water as it could, the new stuff only made it worse cause it was lie a sponge, then it had to go through the already packed down **** underneath it

Koopa
11-27-2007, 12:41 AM
the players said that it was worse now then before it was resodded

K Train
11-27-2007, 12:46 AM
i think 0-0 ot would have been interesting lol

this is like the first time in 20 games that ben didnt throw a TD

murtuc
11-27-2007, 12:48 AM
Did I have too many? Was this game at the Mellon Arena?

BlitzburghNation
11-27-2007, 01:45 AM
Really proud of our "D",,,,,,,,,They really bounced back :clap:

Guess the "O" can get a pass from horrific field conditions,,,,,,, :scratch:

Still very concerned of our o-line play ~~~~ :cursin:
More friggin sacks~~~:cursin:
On a couple of them I noticed Big Ben could've gotten rid of the ball though !

Hard to get a real gauge on this Mud Bowl Game :scratch:

Koopa
11-27-2007, 01:47 AM
Really proud of our "D",,,,,,,,,They really bounced back :clap:

Guess the "O" can get a pass from horrific field conditions,,,,,,, :scratch:

Still very concerned of our o-line play ~~~~ :cursin:
More friggin sacks~~~:cursin:
On a couple of them I noticed Big Ben could've gotten rid of the ball though !

Hard to get a real gauge on this Mud Bowl Game :scratch:

the oline was bad at times, but some of those sacks were bens fault, he refuses the throw the ball away when there's obviously nothing there

BlitzburghNation
11-27-2007, 01:52 AM
Sure glad we didn't tie the 0-0 record :haha:

NOVA STEELERS
11-27-2007, 06:45 AM
The field conditions were an embarrassment to say the least :banging: The D came up big when it needed to :bigthumb: the O kept shooting itself in the foot with penalties again :dunno: negatiting (sp) a 20+ yard rec to Ward, 10 + yard to Washington and a 8/9 yard run inside the 20 by parker (both passing plays would have resulted in 1st downs, instead ended the drives :evilshake:

But I will take 8 - 3 after 11 games............ now its time to :smashbengals:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-27-2007, 07:23 AM
the oline was bad at times, but some of those sacks were bens fault, he refuses the throw the ball away when there's obviously nothing there

That's something that Ben has been doing all year and last night especially late in the game with about 6 minutes to go he took that sack at the miami 25 yd line or something and I just couldn't believe it. The dude never gives up on a play which is great but he's got to learn to throw it away or at because it's going to continue to haunt us.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-27-2007, 07:47 AM
i think 0-0 ot would have been interesting lol

this is like the first time in 20 games that ben didnt throw a TD

Hey that's a good point, Ben did have a nice streak going of games where he threw atleast 1 TD. I guess we just have to start that streak over..LOL

TampaSteelGirl
11-27-2007, 07:50 AM

the rooneys need to apologize to espn, us the fans, the dolphins, and the steelers for refusing to have the best possible playing surface.........that was an embarrassment, i hope this doesn't discourage espn from having us on mnf late in teh season again

totally agree!! what were they thinking!!!!!! Someone could have been hurt really bad!!

dick rasile
11-27-2007, 09:41 AM

Isn't that what they were doing. Now who in the hell knew it was going to rain like it did. Those people worked their butts off laying all that new turf not to mention taking the gamble on the weather.
We all should be bitching on how Steve Young kept griping how the game was non competitive. I wonder how the big boys at ESPN feel having one of their announcers or whatever you wish to call those know it all, over the hill guys that sit there and tell us things about the game we just watched. I always believed that they get paid to sell the game. So he sits there and more of less tells the viewers who sat through the less then exciting game that the next time the weather is bad you'll be better off not watching ESPN or any other NFL game for that matter.
Most Steeler Fans know how many ex players there are working of NFL shows and what do you think they remember and will never forget about the Steelers. You got it, getting their butts kicked and quite a few of them in playoff games.

Hburg
11-27-2007, 10:05 AM
The field last night evened the play potential between a 7-3 team and a 0-10 team to the point that the entire game was a defensive struggle. Early into the 2nd quarter it became apparent that it would come down to whatever team could put together a single drive to put some, any points on the board. Any team(s) that would have played on that field last night would have had to overcome the challenge of making positive yardage while swamp-wading. Either team could have been the only ones to score, and it shows the drive of the Steelers to find a rhythm long enough to put points on the board and not allow this game to go into OT at 0-0.

On the bright side....the Steelers did get a shutout last night.

BuFu

Stlrs4Life
11-27-2007, 10:54 AM

Totally agree. a classy organization with the worst field in the NFL.

AZSteelerfan
11-27-2007, 11:06 AM
It was some good old, old school football lastnight...haha...was pretty funny watching them mock porter too...:tt02: