PDA

View Full Version : Porter prepares for homecoming

SteelersWoman
11-23-2007, 05:35 PM
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20071123/SPORTS/711230519/-1/RSS06

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

When linebacker Joey Porter played for Pittsburgh, his teammates say he welcomed them to his home for holiday dinners, provided a spark in the locker room and was a friend to anyone on the Steelers' roster.

Of course, that history likely won't completely silence Porter's famous mouth Monday night, when his winless Miami Dolphins visit his former team.

"It's Joey Porter," Dolphins defensive tackle Vonnie Holliday said. "I'm sure he'll be fired up and have a lot to say."

His former teammates agreed, saying they were prepared for Porter's fiery trash talk.

"There's going to be some trash talking. I don't know if Joey's got that much firepower, them being 0-10," Steelers' linebacker Larry Foote said.

However Porter disagreed, saying he doesn't plan to run his mouth as much as usual -- but not because of his friendships with former teammates.

"You can't talk mess now. They'll just say, 'Look at the score.' That's kind of how it's been," Porter said. "But at the same time, we're getting better. We're starting to jell together and play together as a team."

Porter -- a three-time Pro Bowl linebacker and one of the NFL's most outspoken players -- received a guaranteed $20 million in March to sign with Miami. He spent his first eight seasons with the Steelers.

The Dolphins are still searching for their first win under first-year coach Cam Cameron.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-23-2007, 07:38 PM
That first win better not come this weekend :banging:

It's just not the same seeing Porter in Teal with a dolphin on his helmet..LOL

Prosdo
11-23-2007, 09:48 PM
I bet Joey is booting himself in the *** for leaving. Granted he got a nice pay day, but who wants to be 0-10. He really can't talk too much **** with the way things are going for Miami.

SteelerFan87
11-23-2007, 11:40 PM
I feel bad for Joey. You can tell he misses being a Steeler, and wishes he was still wearing black and gold. Here he was a leader, loved by his teammates, and feared by his opponents. There, he just doesn't seem to fit in. His emotional style of football doesn't seem to fit on a team that has no emotion, and the fans don't like him. And I'm sure all the losing is killing him. If he could come back to Pittsburgh, I'm sure he'd do it in a second, even if it meant a pay cut.

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-24-2007, 12:37 AM
I just hope they are telling him "Man just look at the score..." if they have to tell him that, then they are winning !!! If he has something to talk about then that's the bad news...

BlitzburghNation
11-24-2007, 02:12 AM
That first win better not come this weekend :banging:

It's just not the same seeing Porter in Teal with a dolphin on his helmet..LOL

:ditto:

black an gold 4 life
11-25-2007, 02:19 AM
man if we lose monday i hope we lose out i'd rather get the hjelp we need 4 next year than 2 keep winning an get out azzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz handed 2 us n the playoffs.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-25-2007, 02:26 AM
Porter is one of my favorite Steelers players but this weekend I hope he gets completely man handled and doesn't even get within sniffing distance of Ben.

floodcitygirl
11-25-2007, 03:50 AM
Porter is one of my favorite Steelers players but this weekend I hope he gets completely man handled and doesn't even get within sniffing distance of Ben.I couldn't agree more.

steelersgal86
11-25-2007, 08:47 AM
Porter is one of my favorite Steelers players but this weekend I hope he gets completely man handled and doesn't even get within sniffing distance of Ben.

:ditto: we better be ready for him!!!! I wish we didnt have to wait for Monday night for this game!!!!:cursin:

NOVA STEELERS
11-26-2007, 02:16 PM
7.25 hours till kick off :cope: then its :helmet: smash mouth football time...... I am one of many who owns a Porter jersey and hope he has the worst game of his career tonight :yesnod:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-27-2007, 12:50 AM
Did anyone else see all the references to Joey tonight by Foote, Farrior, Smith, Carter, and the others who did the famous Joey "boot" tonight? :lol:

BlitzburghNation
11-27-2007, 03:27 AM
Did anyone else see all the references to Joey tonight by Foote, Farrior, Smith, Carter, and the others who did the famous Joey "boot" tonight? :lol:

Missed it,,,,,,, :cursin:
Had to take a :whiz: