PDA

View Full Version : Where do we go from here?

Blitzburghpete
11-23-2007, 03:57 PM
7-3 .... what do you think of that?

In all truth we really should be 10- 0 fella's let be honest. 1 slip up maybe but 3!! mmmm

Running game slowing down..
Ben stepping up
Dee number 1
and tomlin....fallen into a job where he doesn't have to do much ....

to be honest i have no idea just how good / bad we really are. I'm really confused?????!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!

part of me thinks bring on Brady and the Pat's they don't scare me
part of me thinks how can we loose to the Jets....

what's going on, where and what are we really?

someone help!!!!

:helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet:

K Train
11-23-2007, 04:03 PM
7-3 .... what do you think of that?

In all truth we really should be 10- 0 fella's let be honest.

what the hell are you basing that on? if you play like girls, you lose....they were all WINNABLE games, but when you make dumb mistakes you deserve to lose

BlitzburghRockCity
11-23-2007, 04:09 PM
Based on our schedule we should be 10-0 on paper because every one of the games so far was winnable by us but we all know the Steelers decide to play like a pop warner team every so often and we end up getting our butts handed to us when we should win.

$teeler$guy
11-23-2007, 04:38 PM
7-3 isn't bad but we could do better

Blitzburghpete
11-23-2007, 05:30 PM
what the hell are you basing that on? if you play like girls, you lose....they were all WINNABLE games, but when you make dumb mistakes you deserve to lose

Thats exactly my point K train, as you so eloquently put it they play every 3rd week like "girls" so despite the fact we're 7-3, i'm still not a happy steeler fan as we should really be 10 - 0, but then i think, for crying out loud i'm not happy with top of the division 7 - 3 !!

as i said

what's going on, how good are we really right now??

Friday133
11-23-2007, 05:45 PM
We're 7-3, most of the experts put us at bets 10-6 this year. Its the first year of a new coaching staff, I'd say we're above expectations.

TEEMONT
11-23-2007, 05:56 PM
until our O-line play improves, and our D plays a little more consistently, I'll be happy with 7-3

BlitzburghRockCity
11-23-2007, 06:34 PM
Most of the media experts I read about had us either in 3rd or 4th place in the division either just below or just slightly better than the Clowns. 7-3 right now we're doing pretty good as far as records go but damn I'd like to have the Denver and Jets game back again. The cards game being in the NFC and how hyped they were to play us that loss is the least of my worries but those 2 AFC losses really stink !

BB2W
11-23-2007, 07:10 PM
I expected a similar record, but I did not anticipate losing to the teams we did. I thought those were three games they would when despite playing on the road.

I think we'll be alright...

Stlrs4Life
11-24-2007, 12:55 AM
Well at worst, we need to go 4-2 the rest of the way out. I don't believe the Stains win out.

BlitzburghNation
11-24-2007, 01:02 AM
I said we would go 11-5 and I still believe that's gonna be our record :gs:

steelersgal86
11-24-2007, 06:58 AM
:crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

yinzer
11-24-2007, 11:40 AM
that's interesting. by the looks of our schedule, how could the "experts" put us at 10-6 at the beginning of the year? what 6 games were they figuring we were going to lose? The three that we lost surely couldn't have been assumed...

steelcitysfinestXL
11-24-2007, 02:49 PM
Thats exactly my point K train, as you so eloquently put it they play every 3rd week like "girls" so despite the fact we're 7-3, i'm still not a happy steeler fan as we should really be 10 - 0, but then i think, for crying out loud i'm not happy with top of the division 7 - 3 !!

as i said

what's going on, how good are we really right now??

How good are we!?!?! We're as good as we play week in and week out!!! We are good enough that I believe if we play to our potential i dont think there is a team that can hang w/ us even he almighty pats... If you look at the pats the only game they didnt play to potential was against the colts!!! We have not played a game to our potential yet!!!! Even the BAL blow out our rush O was terrrible!!! I just hope this team can forge an identity in the final 6 games and play with some consistancy!!!! Have you ever heard the expression "you're as strong as your weakest link"!!?!?! Well we are as good as our o-line and speacial teams at this point... which is shakey with glimpses of brilliance and moments on total embarassment!!! Hope that helps

GoBenGo
11-24-2007, 03:53 PM
until our O-line play improves, and our D plays a little more consistently, I'll be happy with 7-3
True , true! Consistency is the key. The O line just needs to get un-horrible.
Ben will get the job done, given the opportunity, and the time.:cope::cope:
And screw Brady. Heck I could find an open reciever with 7 seconds of protection.
How bout just a breath for Ben , O line? It is like having an M-16 machine gun and trying to club people with it instead of shoot.:banging:

NOVA STEELERS
11-26-2007, 07:17 AM
Before the start of the season had someone told me we would be sitting at 7 - 3 after 10 games and in first place in the Divison I would have said SWEET!!!
But after seeing how the schedule has played out and watched all of the games except for last week I am concerned with the remaining schedule and being that the 3 out of the remaining 5 (not counting tonight) and the home game againt the jags could be trouble if the o-line and running game doesn't get going. The lowly rams are playing better as of late and the way we have played on the road...... well don't need to :deadhorse:

Anyhow I still see 12 - 4 or 11 - 5 a very respectable finish to a season that I predicted 9 - 7/10 - 6 before it started.............

LETS GO STEELERS!!!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-26-2007, 09:14 AM
Where do we go from here??? A big win tonight is where we go !! Let's kick some dolphin *** and get back on the winning track tonight ! :cope:

TampaSteelGirl
11-26-2007, 01:42 PM
We win! win!!! win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tt02:

LatrobePA
11-26-2007, 02:13 PM

If that's the case the Stains are liable to end the season 12-4....Uh Oh!!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-26-2007, 02:22 PM
The stains will lose atleast 1 more game so we just need to take care of business and win as many of the games as we can...no way we can let the Clowns do anything other than take 2nd place in the division :crossfingers: :cope: Their downfall will be their defense, look at their record they've given up nearly as many points as they've scored.

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-26-2007, 02:40 PM
Let's not worry about anyone else and just play up to our capabilities week after week. If they play their best that's all you can ask for !!!:tt02::tt02: