PDA

View Full Version : Ted Ginn?...

BB2W
11-22-2007, 10:29 PM
Does Ted Ginn Jr. worry anyone else besides me?

Our kick coverage has been below average to put it nicely, and Ginn is the fastest guy in the stadium... as well as the rest of Pennsylvania once he crosses the border. He also has good moves and vision.

I don't consider him a really big threat as a receiver yet, but he's one of the most dangerous returners in the league.

Steelersfan
11-22-2007, 10:38 PM
Every return guy scares me with our punt coverage. It's pathetic and pretty much has been for a few years now. If Ginn gets in the open he is gone.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-22-2007, 11:05 PM
Im with SF on this one; anybody who is returning a kick scares me at this point. If Reed can't kick it into the endzone he better pooch or squib it from here on out because we haven't proven that we can stop anybody halfway decent in the return game.

Troyisabeast_43
11-22-2007, 11:23 PM
I agree Ginn is going to be one of the only threats the Fins do present on Monday night since they dont have much, but this pooching the kicks every single kickoff is not going to work here every week, and is not the solution to these special teams problems at all. If Tomlin thinks pooching kicks against the Pats so that Welker doesnt return a ball for a TD is a gonna help them then he is dead wrong. There is going to have to be a point where the Steelers kick the damn ball deep with Reed who certainly has a strong leg, and start making plays and tackling the return guys. If the Steelers have to continually keep squibbing the ball each and every week because this return game isnt capable of making tackles when the Steelers play the Pats in 2 weeks or even Cincy next weekend its going to kill them bigtime. The bottom line is for Tomlin FIX THIS RETURN GAME AND FIX IT NOW!!!

K Train
11-23-2007, 12:05 AM
meh, hes shown flashes but hes no devin hester. His WRs ability is less than mediocre. Obviously we can make him look godly, but hes not that great imo

DIESELMAN
11-23-2007, 05:50 AM
Ginn has 1 TD return this year but had 2 called back cuz of penalties. I agree with SF also, the way our ST's are playing, its nailbiting time everytime we kickoff or punt.

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-23-2007, 07:52 AM
I also agree that our ST make every kick an adventure, no matter who is back there !! NOW is the time for the ST to step up and play like STEELERS !!:tt02:

$teeler$guy
11-23-2007, 08:30 AM
he is really fast but won't be able to burn the steelers

SteelerFan87
11-23-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm definitely afraid of Ginn. He's a good returner, and their best WR. He's really come on the past few weeks, kind of like Santonio did last year.

black an gold 4 life
11-23-2007, 02:13 PM
LET ME SAY THIS, I HAD THE OPPURTUNITY 2 C TED GINN JR PLAY FROM HIGH SCHOOL, COLLEGE 2 NOW AN HE IS AN VERY DANGEROUS RETURNER, I WAS HOPING HE HAD NOT CAUGHT ON 2 HIS ROLE YET, BUT IF WE MESS AROUND ON S.T HE WILL MAKE US PAY!!!!!!!!! MEMO 2 THE SPECIAL TEAMS CAOCHES AN MIKE TOMNLIN, GET CHIDI BACK U HAVE PLAYERS ON THE ROSTER THAT JUST PLAY SPECIAL TEAMS WE NEED CHIDI BACK NOW!!!!!!!!!

K Train
11-23-2007, 02:57 PM
Chidi is a ****ing joke, a waste of a roster spot...our ST went downhill when Keisel moved to full time DE

Prosdo
11-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Anytime we kick the ball off I'm holding my breathe because anyone can seem to break one against us. I really want to see Tomlin address this issue as well as the one on the O-line.

steelcitysfinestXL
11-24-2007, 02:22 PM
At this point Colclough is a return threat to the steelers... hell i bet i could make it to the 35 on them!!! In all seriousness we just need to make tackles the coverage is where it needs to be just get the guy to the damn ground!!!!