PDA

View Full Version : Running Game?

BRICKTOWN BEAST
11-22-2007, 02:07 PM
Ok Our Running game has changed. I really apreciate the attempts at running the ball but we just cant get it done epecially vs. the Broncos and Jets. Like we had some great running games but WTF we can only get 50 yards against the Jets. and how come most of our runs are like statue of liberty plays and stuff. POUND THE BALL and Wilie Parker seems to loose his footing every other play and when he doesnt he runs into a group of defenders. It might Be our o-lines fault but we need to start running the ball and running good like all the other years maybe im just over-reacting because we only ran 50 yards against the Jets but thats just not good at all. AND FIRE THE O-LINE and SPECIAL TEAMS COACH and draft some O-LINEMEN THEY'RE SUCKING THIS YEAR.

AZ_Steeler
11-22-2007, 02:45 PM
I think if the Steelers used the pass to open up the run they would be a little more successful. Right now the run first pass second seems like the play calling from last year which sucked! Pass then run and I think we would see dramatic results.

$teeler$guy
11-22-2007, 05:23 PM
yea if the steelers can pass in a game they it will open up the running game thats the way it always works

steelersgal86
11-22-2007, 06:51 PM
yeah I agree we need to see more passing...the running just is not working....

black an gold 4 life
11-22-2007, 09:11 PM
THIS IS WHAT I THINK IF BIG BEN IS OUR FRANCHISE QB THEN PUT THE GAME N HIS HANDS, SO FAR HE HAS BEEN OK THIS YEAR, HIS NUMBERS R UPFROM LAST YEAR, BUT THIS IS WHAT FRANCHISE Q.B'S DO, I HATE 2 SAY THIS BUT LOOK AT THE CHEATERS,IF THE RUN GAME ISN'T WORKING THEY SPREAD IT OUT BECAUSE THEY TRUST THERE FRANCJISE Q.B,THEY PUT THE GAME N HIS HANDS, THAT'S WHAT WE NEED 2 DO!!!!!! WITH BEN NOWIT'S HIS 4TH YEAR PUT THE GAME N OUR FRANCHISE QB HAND,AN GUESS WHAT IT WILL OPEN UP THE RUN.................................

BlitzburghRockCity
11-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Overall we are throwing a lot more than in previous years and we are doing more passing on first down which is good. Ben's stats show that we area pass to set up the run, the only problem is that you have to be able to run when you need to and for some reason we just cannot do it consistently. With the game on the line our 5 OL and the TE need to be able to just line up and run out the clock or when it's 3rd and 2 in the 4th quarter in a tight game we need to be able to run and more often than not teams are stopping us. I think we pass just fine but when we do need to run we just can't do it.

Greygrizzly
11-22-2007, 09:39 PM
What we need is some one else calling the plays. It's almost always run W.P. in the middle on first down. Run Parker in the middle on second down. Now we are in third and six or seven and we try to pass.
Believe it or not defensive cordinators can catch onto the play calling sequence. And then they can defend accordingly.
What we need to do is to start Davenport. He's a big back and will get the defense tired tackling him. And then bring in Parker as the change of pace back.
Also Parker isn't all that powerful of a runner. So defenses are stoping him with their front seven. He can't force defenses into adjusting and bringing more players closer to the line of scrimage.

$teeler$guy
11-22-2007, 10:06 PM
THIS IS WHAT I THINK IF BIG BEN IS OUR FRANCHISE QB THEN PUT THE GAME N HIS HANDS, SO FAR HE HAS BEEN OK THIS YEAR, HIS NUMBERS R UPFROM LAST YEAR, BUT THIS IS WHAT FRANCHISE Q.B'S DO, I HATE 2 SAY THIS BUT LOOK AT THE CHEATERS,IF THE RUN GAME ISN'T WORKING THEY SPREAD IT OUT BECAUSE THEY TRUST THERE FRANCJISE Q.B,THEY PUT THE GAME N HIS HANDS, THAT'S WHAT WE NEED 2 DO!!!!!! WITH BEN NOWIT'S HIS 4TH YEAR PUT THE GAME N OUR FRANCHISE QB HAND,AN GUESS WHAT IT WILL OPEN UP THE RUN.................................

:plus1::clap::markit:

TampaSteelGirl
11-22-2007, 10:29 PM
WEll like I said in another thread Willie needs some Tiger Woods golf spikes to stay up and the Oline isn't making nice holes for him to run thru and then he's a small guy running into a big pack of guys every week!!

Steelersfan
11-22-2007, 10:45 PM
I'll keep sticking to my original take on Parker........

He is a nice RB, like him on my team. But! Don't like him as the guy carrying the load. Never thought he could do it and still don't. Sure he has his games that he gets a lot of yards. And when he doesn't people blame the Oline. Parker gets most of his yards off one or two big runs per game. You don't run out the clock with a back like that. That's just the truth and not hating on Parker.
Either way the bottom line is you need a bigger back to get those tough short yards on a consistent basis. I really think Parker is better suited as a change of pace back (after a bigger back has worn down the D) and in third and long situations.

DIESELMAN
11-23-2007, 05:58 AM
What we need is some one else calling the plays.
:bigthumb: I agree, might as well bring Mularkey back :lol: I'm just kidding!!!!
Parker is either hurt or scared, for whatever reason on the second option. He's not hitting his holes and hes *** backwards on whether to go inside or outside. We need to pass more, Ben needs to stick with 3-5 step drops, those 7 step drops are getting him killed and the rest of the WR's need to be put on notice.....Step up your game or your headed to the soup line. This is the NFL boys, you show up every week, not just whenever you feel like it. Arians definitely needs to step up his playcalling, no razzle dazzle fancy ****, just be unpredictable.....Dumbass!!!!!

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-23-2007, 08:01 AM
WE still have the number 1 rushing attack in the league. I still think Kreider should be starting instead of Davis. Davis does not compare as blocker, nobody can tell me any different. Most backs have those 1 or 2 big runs to inflate their totals...you have to give them the ball to give them that chance. Najeh and Willie make a great combination... it's just a fact of using them right...:2cents:

Greygrizzly
11-23-2007, 10:36 AM
WE still have the number 1 rushing attack in the league. I still think Kreider should be starting instead of Davis. Davis does not compare as blocker, nobody can tell me any different. Most backs have those 1 or 2 big runs to inflate their totals...you have to give them the ball to give them that chance. Najeh and Willie make a great combination... it's just a fact of using them right...:2cents:

I don't have any inside info or anything like that ,but just my opinion. I think that Davis is starting instead of Krieder because Davis is faster and the idea is that he can run with Parker for a longer time. In order to be in position to block for him.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-23-2007, 11:19 AM
Davis is faster than Kreider and is supposed to have better hands so that's a big reason why he's in there. Dan is still the man though and he's caught passes for us and usually has very good hands plus he's a load to bring down. Besides the fact that Willie runs better behind Kreider and he's a much better blocker than Davis is.

Prosdo
11-23-2007, 03:34 PM
I'll keep sticking to my original take on Parker........

He is a nice RB, like him on my team. But! Don't like him as the guy carrying the load. Never thought he could do it and still don't. Sure he has his games that he gets a lot of yards. And when he doesn't people blame the Oline. Parker gets most of his yards off one or two big runs per game. You don't run out the clock with a back like that. That's just the truth and not hating on Parker.
Either way the bottom line is you need a bigger back to get those tough short yards on a consistent basis. I really think Parker is better suited as a change of pace back (after a bigger back has worn down the D) and in third and long situations.

I'm with you Dan. I love Willie, but to be the grind it out hit them in the face player no. I always thought of his as a change of pace back. You need someone to hit their D-Line and wear them out.

K Train
11-23-2007, 04:01 PM
Davis is faster than Kreider and is supposed to have better hands so that's a big reason why he's in there. Dan is still the man though and he's caught passes for us and usually has very good hands plus he's a load to bring down. Besides the fact that Willie runs better behind Kreider and he's a much better blocker than Davis is.

lol kreiders 2 catches a year and 2 drops gives him good hands?

fact is, willie can do it, hes #1 in the AFC and thats not by accident. When our oline sucks, he sucks. Once the oline gets addressed...look out because he does have more 100 games than anyone in the league, but its either feast or famine depending how the line plays, they arent terrible....just extremely inconsistant.