PDA

View Full Version : wasn't just the o-line on sunday

downsince90
11-21-2007, 02:10 AM
I was at the game,did anyone else notice it was a damn curtis martin tribute night? when was the last game any team lost when they had a tribute for some player or coach etc.? I tell ya that nba referee that got caught cheating must have made his way to the nfl cause there were 4 completely bogus calls that night that broke whatever little momentum we had.

BlitzburghNation
11-21-2007, 02:40 AM
We just layed an egg and played bad,,,,,,,,,,Happens to every team and it'll
happen again !

I personally don't blame this game on the ref's,,,,,,,,,They came out and wanted it more then we did,,,,,,,,,:popcorn:

I'm done with this game and moving on to the fin's,,,,,,:gs:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-21-2007, 06:04 AM
We get BS calls against us every week, I hate them too but that's what the NFL is today and we need to do a better job of putting ourselves in a position to not let those affect the outcome of the game.

AZ_Steeler
11-21-2007, 11:18 AM
I was at the game,did anyone else notice it was a damn curtis martin tribute night? when was the last game any team lost when they had a tribute for some player or coach etc.? I tell ya that nba referee that got caught cheating must have made his way to the nfl cause there were 4 completely bogus calls that night that broke whatever little momentum we had.

First... :welcome:

Second... I think the tribute had a little something to do with the Jets winning. Go back two/three weeks when the Steelers had their 75th Anniversary tribute on Monday night and look at what they did the Ravens. I had actually touched on this in another thread because there is definitely something about tributes! :bigthumb:

Not Alone Anymore
11-21-2007, 11:38 AM
I agree with Blitzburghnation, need to let this tough lose go and move on. It was one game and we need to focus on what's ahead... "The Patriots".

I think this lose will help the team and coaches focus on the rest of the season.:tt02:

NOVA STEELERS
11-21-2007, 12:42 PM
The game against the cards was pumped up with the former coaches hype that had the cards fired up :evilshake: then when we played the MNF game against the broncos it was a tribute to (Darrett Williams) R.I.P. that had them pumped up :banging: then the jets with c-mart :doh1: I hear the rams are going to have Marshall Faulk night Dec 20th :bsflag: and the ratbirds are going to have tribute for their Super Bowl XXXV team :rats: thats my :2cents: :haha:

Stlrs4Life
11-21-2007, 05:08 PM
The tribute had nothing to do with it. And bogus calls or not. This loss was a team thing. We blew chunks everywhere.

Ambridge
11-21-2007, 05:54 PM
Yeah! Taking out Casey Hampton on a few plays especially on a 3rd and 1 that Thomas Jones converts for a first down late in the game is another stroke of genius.

Iron City South
11-21-2007, 10:44 PM
Sorry, anyone trying to give our pathetic OL a "free pass" I'm calling bullshit. This group is bad ....real bad. Most of us saw it early in pre-season and called it out then. If it continues, our season will end much earlier than most had planned on. :yesnod:

black an gold 4 life
11-22-2007, 12:27 AM
HONESTLY WE NEED AN NEW FRONT LINE AN SPECIAL TEAMS COACH WE HAVE 2 WORTHLESS BUMS AN THEY SHOULD GIVE THE ROONEYS BACK THERE MONEY BECAUSE THEY R ROBBING THE ROONEYS,ALSO THAT JOKE 4 AN O-LINE COACH SHOULD DO THE SAME, OUR O-COORDINATOR SHOULD GET THE BOOT ALSO WE HAD ENOUGH OF RUN RUN PASS,4 THE LAST 15 YEARS WE WANT 2 GET 1ST DOWN AN PUT TEAMS AWAY N THE 4TH QUARTER.................

$teeler$guy
11-22-2007, 11:17 AM
too be honest i thought it was going to be a blow out but i was wrong and lost 100 dollars

snowman79
11-23-2007, 12:27 PM
Hey lets forget this one guys n' gals. They turned up for the game we didnt its as simple as that its over, finished, capoot ! Lets look ahead to the next game THATS the important one we had a bad day at the office thats all and we still only lost by three c'mon people lets get back on track with a win over the fish !!

BELIEVE PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE ARE THE STEELERS REMEMBER THAT AND DONT LET ANYONE EVER FORGET IT !1 Comprende !!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL MY STEELER FAMILY ON THAT SIDE OF THE BIG POND MAY YOU ALL HAVE A FANTASTIC ENJOYABLE TIME WITH YOUR
FAMILIES !!!! GOD BLESS YOU ALL !!

:happythanksgiving::towelwave: "SUPPORT OUR TROOPS"

BlackGold4vr
11-23-2007, 01:44 PM
Sorry, anyone trying to give our pathetic OL a "free pass" I'm calling bullshiat. This group is bad ....real bad. Most of us saw it early in pre-season and called it out then. If it continues, our season will end much earlier than most had planned on. :yesnod:

:plus1:

Sometimes we do agree! They are pathetic and IMO should all be replaced. We are allowing bad teams to look good! Look at what the Cowboys did to the same team. That is what you are supposed to do to bad teams. The Patriots will make short work of us and should be able to get some reps for their back-ups by the second half. The O-line will be our achilles for the entire season.

This years day one draft picks have not lived up to expectations. We passed up on a bunch of O-lineman who are currently starting for the teams that drafted them. Meanwhile our kick coverage teams which field our future linebacking corps are so bad we are pooch kicking to avoid other teams returners. Next years draft had better be heavy on day 1 O-lineman!