PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Polamalu, Holmes probably won't play Monday

AZ_Steeler
11-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Link to story... (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07324/835399-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml)

Strong safety Troy Polamalu is unlikely to play Monday night when the Steelers meet the winless Miami Dolphins in Heinz Field.

Coach Mike Tomlin today listed him as doubtful for Monday's game with a knee sprain. He also listed Santonio Holmes, their leading receiver, as doubtful with a high ankle sprain.

Tyrone Carter will step up and replace Polamalu. Tomlin said three players will be involved in replacing Holmes --- Cedrick Wilson, Nate Washington and Willie Reid.

floodcitygirl
11-20-2007, 02:48 PM
Well now this may explain some of why Troy missed so many tackles on Sunday. But Holmes too??? :banging:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-20-2007, 03:07 PM
Oh Great so our leading big play guy is gone on offense and one of the best safety's in the league is gone on defense.... well this just sux ! I'd rather have both of them though miss this game if anything to hopefully be ready for the upcoming big games in December.

Prosdo
11-20-2007, 03:16 PM
This just sucks!

GoBenGo
11-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Great, just great, anything else we can possibly do to lessen our chances against the 0-11 fish?

Koopa
11-20-2007, 03:28 PM
our defense was at it's best when troy was gone, so that might be a good thing, and **** holmes for having injury problems, we got 0 depth at that spot, hines better have a career day to make up for his loss

BlitzburghRockCity
11-20-2007, 03:40 PM
They are going to roll double coverage to Hines side so this is a game where Heath can be huge for us and where Nate needs to show up big time.

Troyisabeast_43
11-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Steelers dont need these 2 to beat the Dolphins and if they do then this team is going nowhere. Its bests that they rest them up and get them ready for the Cincy game and the next 2 games with the Pats and Jags. The last thing you want to do is make these guys injuries worse and not have them for this stretch run or worse the playoffs. Hines and Heath will have big games in Holmes place, and so will guys like Carter and Anthony Smith in Troy's absence.

SteelerFan87
11-20-2007, 05:57 PM
We absolutely NEED Holmes to be healthy for that Dec. 9th game against NE if we are to have ANY chance of winning that game. And if we don't, I'll be so pissed at how lucky NE has been. Chargers? No Chris Chambers. Cowboys? No Terry Glenn. Colts? No Marvin Harrison. Steelers? No Santonio Holmes. Every "good" team they've played has played them without having all their weapons, so all the Pats have had to do is take away 2 guys and they can stop each offense.

Koopa
11-20-2007, 06:47 PM
We absolutely NEED Holmes to be healthy for that Dec. 9th game against NE if we are to have ANY chance of winning that game. And if we don't, I'll be so pissed at how lucky NE has been. Chargers? No Chris Chambers. Cowboys? No Terry Glenn. Colts? No Marvin Harrison. Steelers? No Santonio Holmes. Every "good" team they've played has played them without having all their weapons, so all the Pats have had to do is take away 2 guys and they can stop each offense.

lol a mentioning terry glenn, he's a bum, they still had t.o. who is 8375928475947 times better then glenn, and on the level of all those wrs you mentioned if not better..... pats ain't lucky they are just better then everyone else in the league regardless of who the other teams have or don't have

i wanted holmes to get over 1000 yards receiving but now that won't happen...... why do the injuries have to be to star players on our team, why can't they happen to bum olinemen, i think i rather have practice squad players playing, mainly cause they are cheaper and can't do any worse then what the million dollar guys are doing

$teeler$guy
11-20-2007, 07:46 PM
thats why troy was missing tackles.that sucks though

NOVA STEELERS
11-21-2007, 12:46 PM
We need to get these guys back to as close to 100% as possible for Dec 9th :crossfingers: and :pray: the o-line keeps the d away from Ben for the rest of the season :dunno:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-21-2007, 02:06 PM
Ty Carter is no joke, that dude brings the heat and shows a lot of intensity on the field. He may not be on Troy's level but he's still a good safety for us so I expect there to be a lot of BIG hits this weekend.

jtsteeler
11-21-2007, 03:41 PM
Troy is the least of the problems on this team, what, did you guys miss the Jets game? If the O-line don't start showing up Joey P is gonna have a nice homecoming he'll eat Ben alive & don't forget he knows this team pretty good, while we're at it how about our special teams don't give up a couple hundred yrds. in returns & someone please hire a Pop Warner coach to teach these guys how to tackle. Oh, there's plenty more but I'm tired of typing.

BlitzburghNation
11-22-2007, 12:34 AM
We need to get these guys back to as close to 100% as possible for Dec 9th :crossfingers: and :pray: the o-line keeps the d away from Ben for the rest of the season :dunno:

:ditto:
Well put NOVA ~~~~~ :clap:

black an gold 4 life
11-22-2007, 12:34 AM
WE SHOULD B OK 4 THIS GAME WITHOUT HOLMES,AN TROY BUT WERE GONNA NEED THEM 4 THE CHEATERS, AN JAGS GAME, THE STEELERS JUST HAS 2 GET THERE STUFF N ORDER, AN START PLAYING BALL PLAIN AN SIMPLE CUT OUT ALL THE B.S PLAY CALLING BRUCE, AN GET US SOME 1ST DOWN N THE 4 TH QUARTER!!!!!!!!