PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins = Jets ?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-20-2007, 01:09 PM
The Jets may have been 1-8 going into our game with them this past sunday but looking at their record it was easy to see that they were competitive in most of the games they lost but just couldn't hold onto the lead in the 2nd half.

Now look at the Dolphins games this year and you can see a similar trend:
at Washington Redskins 13-16
DALLAS COWBOYS 20-37
at New York Jets 28-31
OAKLAND RAIDERS 17-35
at Houston Texans 19-22
at Cleveland Browns 31-41
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 28-49
NEW YORK GIANTS 10-13
BUFFALO BILLS 10-13
at Philadelphia Eagles 7-17

Basically if we don't get out on this team in a big way and keep them from trying to make any comebacks we could be in trouble this weekend. This game is no joke and this team while they are winless is better than their record indicates if you ask me and they could easily be atleast a .500 team right now. The Steelers better take it to them right from the onset and end this game by halftime !

Mach1
11-20-2007, 01:11 PM
This could be the game where joey has a career day if the OL doesn't get it together.

AZ_Steeler
11-20-2007, 01:14 PM
Teams that haven't won any games, especially this late in the season, are always scary because they have nothing to lose! Plus you have the whole emotional thing now with Porter coming back to Pittsburgh... so yeah this is definitely one of those games they need to be prepared for and ready stick it to them!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-20-2007, 01:14 PM
You know he's got to be licking his chops to come back and play us. I wonder how much of the typical Porter intimidation tactics we'll get this sunday from him during the pregame :lol:

AZ_Steeler
11-20-2007, 01:17 PM
I'm actually surprised Porter hasn't been running his mouth yet about this game... I guess when your team is 0-10 there isn't a whole lot you can say! :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-20-2007, 01:25 PM
I'm sure he'd pretty much kill about now to be 7-3 instead of 0-10 so yeah he doesn't have a lot of room to trash talk but I'm betting he's circled this game on the calendar ever since he got signed by Miami.

black an gold 4 life
11-20-2007, 01:51 PM
IF WE LOSE 2 THE DOLPHINS WERE DONE, BUT SINCE IT IS AT HOME WE SHOULD B OK,THE STEELERS REALLY NEED 2 REGAIN FOCUS AN TRY 2 CLOSE OUT THE SEASON AT 13-3WE HAVE 2, I MISS JOEY BUT IT'LL B INTERESTING 2 C IF HE RUNS HIS MOUTH 2 HIS BOYS!!!!!!!!!!

Troyisabeast_43
11-20-2007, 03:54 PM
I agree TG its important we put this game away early much like we did the last Monday night game here against Baltimore. And also like you said Miami is probably not as bad as their 0-10 record indicates but nonetheless they are still 0-10 because they arent very good and they find ways to lose games. There record is what it is and they earned pretty much every loss they have had this year. All the intangibles in this game add up to a Steelers blowout. I dont see them taking 2 teams that have one win combined two weeks in a row for granted much like they did the Jets, I expect them to come out on fire playing in primetime like they always do when they play on Monday night and just pound John Beck and take it to the Dolphins defense early and score quite often. The Steelers are 13-0 on Monday night football at home since 1992 and I dont see a team who is winless with a rookie quarterback, and having a running back returning in Ricky Williams for the first time in 2 years from smoking pot coming in here and beating the Steelers at Heinz Field. I dont expect this game to be close and it shouldnt be close period. But like you said the Steelers had better come prepared to show up and play cause this Dolphins team at 0-10 has nothing at all to lose and definitely will.

Ambridge
11-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Don't forget that there are 4 high school championship games being played at Heinz Field on Friday plus the Univ. of Pittsburgh plays at Heinz on Saturday so the field conditions on Monday should be interesting.

$teeler$guy
11-20-2007, 07:44 PM
how could we give up 7 sacks to the jets COM ON NOW ITS THE JETS

BlitzburghRockCity
11-20-2007, 09:05 PM
Don't forget that there are 4 high school championship games being played at Heinz Field on Friday plus the Univ. of Pittsburgh plays at Heinz on Saturday so the field conditions on Monday should be interesting.

Weren't the field condition less than ideal the last time we played Miami, just after that hurricane? LOL...but yeah you're right Heinz is only going to get worse from here on out and if players like Willie are slipping now they might as well starting playing in golf spikes for the rest of the year. :nonod:

SteelerSteve
11-20-2007, 10:00 PM
how could we give up 7 sacks to the jets COM ON NOW ITS THE JETSCause our line is overrated.

NOVA STEELERS
11-21-2007, 12:51 PM
Our line isn't overrated........ its not rated at all :dunno: smith is a bum and mahan was money thrown away, next year is going to be scarey taking away faneca from there :evilshake:

BlitzburghNation
11-21-2007, 01:53 PM
Well our whole team had a bad game and yes our o-line has been shaky all year,,,,,,,,,,,, But i'm still keeping the faith,that we are gonna get it together

The fin's will go down and go down hard :towelwave: :gs: :towelwave:

Heard on sirius from the fella's especially Solomon Wilcots "he said 25 other teams would love to have our o-line"
So that's a little inspiring,,,,,,,, :bigthumb:

GoBenGo
11-21-2007, 04:08 PM
Well our whole team had a bad game and yes our o-line has been shaky all year,,,,,,,,,,,, But i'm still keeping the faith,that we are gonna get it together

The fin's will go down and go down hard :towelwave: :gs: :towelwave:

Heard on sirius from the fella's especially Solomon Wilcots "he said 25 other teams would love to have our o-line"
So that's a little inspiring,,,,,,,, :bigthumb: Sure they didn't say "...play against our O-Line"...

Ambridge
11-21-2007, 06:00 PM
Our line isn't overrated........ its not rated at all :dunno: smith is a bum and mahan was money thrown away, next year is going to be scarey taking away faneca from there :evilshake:

Not to mention the Steelers extended Kendall Simmons who hasn't played at a very high level this season.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-21-2007, 08:27 PM
Simmons got his RG job back because Kemoeatu couldn't step up and wrestle it away from him when he had the chance...I was really hoping to see a bigger competition but apparently Simmons was head and shoulders above with Chris K was able to do in camp.

$teeler$guy
11-22-2007, 11:15 AM
Cause our line is overrated.

our line is too fat they need to trem down and be faster accept for alan fanica or however u spell he is really good at blocking