PDA

View Full Version : Drafting What?

Prosdo
11-19-2007, 11:37 AM
Okay just curious what positions you think we will address in the draft. Here is what I think.

Round 1 - Offensive Tackle
Round 2 - Defensive End
Round 3 - Wide Receiver
Round 4 - Offensive Guard
Round 5 - Inside Linebacker
Round 6 - Cornerback
Round 7 - Offensive Guard

Dee Mca
11-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Round 1 - Offensive Tackle
Round 2 - Offensive Guard
Round 3 - Wide Receiver
Round 4 - Defensive End
Round 5 - Defensive Back
Round 6 - Trade Up
Round 7 - Trade Up

SteelerSteve
11-19-2007, 06:21 PM
Heres what it should be: Rounds 1-7-Offensive Line

SteelerSal
11-19-2007, 09:34 PM
I'm all for drafting a couple early round O-lineman but for a quick fix at that position the Steelers need to find some vets via free agency and trades. Most O-line rookies are projects and take time to adjust to the next level.

K Train
11-20-2007, 09:59 PM
Top Tackle available in the first round trade, reach whatever
Top center/guard in the second
A WR good enough to make cedric wilson go bye bye
Another tackle
Maybe a middle linebacker
D-line
Trade this one away cause its worthless

BB2W
11-21-2007, 07:45 PM
O-line
O-line
WR
CB

BlitzburghRockCity
11-21-2007, 09:07 PM
I'm all for drafting a couple early round O-lineman but for a quick fix at that position the Steelers need to find some vets via free agency and trades. Most O-line rookies are projects and take time to adjust to the next level.

yeah Im hoping our "big splash" in FA this year is atleast 1 or 2 lineman similar to when we picked up Wayne Gandy or Jeff Hartings.

Top Tackle available in the first round trade, reach whatever
Top center/guard in the second
A WR good enough to make cedric wilson go bye bye
Another tackle
Maybe a middle linebacker
D-line
Trade this one away cause its worthless

I think I'd probably swap your Middle Linebacker and Another tackle spots just to help bring in someone to take over for Farrior when he retires but I like where you're going with it. Reid was supposed to make Cedric go bye bye but that hasn't happened yet but we definitely need a new face here, perhaps a FA might be a way to do as well.

K Train
11-21-2007, 11:01 PM
O-line
O-line
WR
CB

CB???? not a big need at all imo

deshea, ike, mcfadden and gay are all beasts in their own right

BB2W
11-22-2007, 01:35 PM
CB???? not a big need at all imo

deshea, ike, mcfadden and gay are all beasts in their own rightI think in todays NFL (especially the AFC) you have to consider taking a CB every draft. Everyone wants to spread you out.

Last year 22 teams selected a cornerback and 6 of those teams took two.

I think we could improve at that position... Madison is a guy that we cut and no other team wanted. Grant Mason and Allen Rossum? I think Gay and McFadden still have a lot to prove.

Ike is pretty darn good and so is Deahea but he isn't getting any younger.

K Train
11-22-2007, 01:50 PM
i really like what mcfadden and gay bring to the table, we have alot bigger needs on defense imo....MLB being a big one

$teeler$guy
11-22-2007, 05:26 PM
i say we should work on the offense

BB2W
11-23-2007, 08:04 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing them select on of the best return men in the draft. :yesnod:

K Train
11-23-2007, 08:29 PM
I liked ali highsmith tonight...he had 16 tackles, stuffed mcfadden multiple times and was in coverage all day.

Second round MLB maybe

MDSteel15
11-25-2007, 12:27 PM
I might get tore up on this but:
1. WR - Washington still sucks and my Favorite Hines is getting older
2. ILB - Someone to mentor NOW
3. OL - weekest point of team is pass protection
4. OL - again
5. OL - again
6. GONE in trade for Rossum
7. OL - again, plus too many departures coming!

K Train
11-25-2007, 02:51 PM
I might get tore up on this but:
1. WR - Washington still sucks and my Favorite Hines is getting older
2. ILB - Someone to mentor NOW
3. OL - weekest point of team is pass protection
4. OL - again
5. OL - again
6. GONE in trade for Rossum
7. OL - again, plus too many departures coming!

WR in the first is a terrible idea, WR is very deep this year, there will be alot of quality players in the second and third.

LB is stacked this year too, and we have decent depth as it is, timmons can play inside , outside and around and harrison/woodley outside and haggans and farrior are still playing great. And foote is locked in. 3rd round pick should be farrior replacement.

going oline in the 3-7th round is a terrible idea, we have enough scrub ****ing olineman walking around our training facility, we need a top round beast

MDSteel15
11-26-2007, 12:13 AM
I'm not worried about OLB, but the ILB age is getting up there and would just like a stud inside. Timmons hasn't shown anything yet but has looked descent on ST. I hope he does move inside and produces. Then I agree on OL 1st round.

I understand we need studs up front on the o-line but we have been good at finding them in later rounds. Get rid of the dead weight we have wandering the sidelines.

How are we deep at WR? We still only have Hines and Holmes. One game doesn't make Washington worth a damn! He's still a bum. Your mom could have made those catches against the Ratbirds.

K Train
11-26-2007, 12:29 AM
WE arent very deep, the draft class is very deep at WR this year, hence the reason i said there will be alot of quality talent in the 2nd and 3rd

Washington is not bad....just watch

MDSteel15
11-26-2007, 12:35 AM
Gotcha. I just would like an excellent compliment to the guys we have.
I have been watching, almost every game the past 33 years!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-26-2007, 01:10 AM
Timmons could move to the inside too since he can play both positions so that's an option to increase our depth at LB but overall the major need by far is the OL, depth at MLB and depth at WR. At some point we're going to need to get some fresh blood on the DL too but this year on day 1 is all about guards and tackles.