PDA

View Full Version : Zero Confidence in Bruce Arians

Iron City South
11-19-2007, 10:07 AM
Run, Run, Pass, Punt ...

Run, Run, Pass, Punt ...

Run, Run, Pass, Punt ...

Wow, I'm floored by your creative genius! Is this the same game planning that ran you out of Cleveland Bruce? WTF? How sheepish and chicken **** can this man get?

Roethlisberger is at his best in the shotgun with four wide. Give him the god damn chance to do it for the love of Christ! If he starts throwing more on early downs he has more options, thus will make more plays.

For some reason, Arians seems to hate the no-huddle. Coincidentally, he also seems to dislike the shotgun and refuses to bring his whole arsonal of receivers on the field like the Pats and Colts do. My question is why? Why are you so afraid to run the no-huddle spread?

Are you so committed to setting up the run that you're turning a blind eye to what's being given to you each game? As far as the running game is concerned, with an OL like this, it's not going to be good folks. And before some of you start telling me how great we are running the ball, I'll need to point out that much of our running yardage this year is "garbage" yardage. Meaning, it's been piled up in the tail-end of blow-out wins for the most part.

Ben Roth gives us our best chance at winning ball games period. I want our OL to block their *** off for him and I want this offense in Roethlisberger's hands throughout a game. I want him to have more chances to audible at the OLine.

How hard is this concept to understand Arians? :cursin:

BR7
11-19-2007, 10:20 AM
Couldn't have said it better myself. **** you Bruce.

3rd and 2, 3 minutes to go.. Pass..
3rd and long in OT.. Draw
3 seconds left in the 4th at mid field.. take a knee.

Good game planning and way to give you team the best chance to win. ****ing moron. Cleveland wont take him back..

Prosdo
11-19-2007, 12:21 PM
I'm so with you on this one. What the hell is his offensive plan? God forbid we mix it up. The offensive line is playing like crap and he keeps running Willie up the middle. I really don't like this guys running the offense.

Ambridge
11-19-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm also tired of seeing Willie running out of an empty backfield with no Full Back leading the way!!

Bruce Arians along with ST Coach Bob Ligashesky and O-line Coach Larry Zierlein need to be shown the door at the end of the season.

The reality of it is that Bruce Arians is probably safe for at least another year
so we better get prepared for more of the same stupid game planning!! :nonod:

NOVA STEELERS
11-19-2007, 01:53 PM
His so called opening the play book must have only been 2 pages, cuz he definatly did not do anything yesterday......... :dunno: did he leave the playbook at the airport and grab a copy of readers digest :scratch:

Iron City South
11-19-2007, 02:19 PM
I'm also tired of seeing Willie running out of an empty backfield with no Full Back leading the way!!

Bruce Arians along with ST Coach Bob Ligashesky and O-line Coach Larry Zierlein need to be shown the door at the end of the season.

One of the biggest travesties going on within our team right now, other than our OL is nothing more than "pedestrian", is the fact that one of the best blocking backs in the league IMO, Danny Kreider, is being kept on the sidelines and out of the game. There is nothing anybody can show me or tell me that can justify the reason this is happening.

Troyisabeast_43
11-19-2007, 02:41 PM
I agree the playcalling yesterday especially in the 2nd half played for FGS and not to lose. Too many draws on 3rd and long, and especially after the Deshea pick when the Steelers had a chance to get one first down to end the game pretty much they never took a chance and went for the Jets throat instead they called two run plays and Ben once again got sacked on 3rd down. Taking a knee at the end of the game with 8-9 seconds on 3rd down with 2 timeouts left I believe left is just flat out inexcusable. The Steelers were at their own 41 yard line if you get a 20-30 yard pass completion over the middle of the field there to Hines or Heath Miller quick you probably have 1 or 2 seconds left there to try a last second long FG of about 50 yards, and hell the way Jeff Reed has been kicking so far this year chances are good he makes it rather then misses it. Tomlin and Arians played not to lose late in that game yesterday, and you combine that with the defense letting the Jets march right down the field on them with 1 timeout left that is why the Steelers lost the game and their whole season now because of this loss is now up in the air.

------------------------------------------------------------
[AutoMerged Post Below]
I agree did you notice the long runs that Davenport and Parker both had yesterday that Dan Kreider was in on both of those runs. I agree with as bad as this offensive line is playing and needs as much run blocking and pass blocking as possible, its time to end the Carey Davis experiment starting and get Kreider's big *** back in there and playing virtually on every down. Its inexcusable for Kreider not to be in there when this running game and oline is struggling as much as it has been the past few weeks. Get effin Carey Davis out of the lineup and get him out of there NOW!!!

Koopa
11-19-2007, 02:46 PM
i knew he was a bum from the start, just seeing his play calling in preseason, i knew he was gonna suck, of course playing **** *** teams this season has masked his inability to call plays..........

BlitzburghRockCity
11-19-2007, 02:55 PM
Tomlin isn't going to can Bruce after this year, I'd bet money on it so yes we are going to have to live with this for awhile yet. Now the ST coaches yes both of them have to hit the road the minute this season is over because they are flat out terrible. I swear we can't have good ST for more than 1 year in a row.

Arians says he wants to pass to set up the run, well that's fine and Im all for that. If you're going to do it then just do it already. If you're in a tight game and the run game isn't working with Willie then for God sakes don't keep running him. Either use Najeh instead, use the no huddle to speed up the tempo of the game and slow down the pass rush or **** anything other than what we did which was basically just give up late in the 4th quarter once we got that lead.

Koopa
11-19-2007, 03:08 PM
arians has actually passed to try to set it up, but he's getting so predictable, adn he does it at stupid *** times of the game, yeah the lack of an oline is making it worse, but he has thrown at stupid times of the game, and you can tell he was on cowhers staff last year, we got the three point lead and he just started running and punting............ and of course arians won't get fired, mainly cause of ben's stats, but the staff as a whole needs to get their **** together, cause our defense sucked *** too last night, they let bum *** clemens drive on them at will the last few drives

BlitzburghRockCity
11-19-2007, 03:14 PM
He has done a good job at times of passing to set up the run. Ben's passing stats are better than ever and he's gotten alot more comfortable not only in the pocket but also he's equally if not more dangerous outside of the pocket so Bruce has done a lot of good things for the offense this year but then there's times like yesterday, the broncos and Cards game when he just goes all to **** and we blow a game because we can't do a damn thing, we get complacent and the OL continues to be a big part of our demise.

I don't like being predictable and teams know at this point we can't run the ball effectively so it's getting increasingly difficult to throw with any consistency. Until we get our toughness back on offense teams will do what the Jets, cards, and Broncos did to us and it's only going to get worse till we prove we can overcome it.

Koopa
11-19-2007, 03:41 PM
ben has done good in the pocket, it's to bad he only has about a second in the pocket before he has to run for his life

arians needs to have more plays that are meant for quick releases, it seems he wants to pick up the yards in giant chunks, 10 yard picks ups are just as effective and it keeps their d on the field and ours off of it

Greygrizzly
11-19-2007, 06:16 PM
Bruce Arians needs to be fired. Not at the end of the year but right now.
We won't lose a thing by doing it right now either. Because Arians is the worst play caller in the NFL. If it were done now some one on staff may be able to make adjustments and save the season.
While I'm at it running Willie Parker inside continually is nothing short of stupid. defenses aren't going to get tired tackling a smaller back like parker the way they used to get tired tackling Bettis. We should go back to what has worked. Use Davenport to tire out the defense and bring in Parker as the change of pace back.
Lets see now what kind of head coach we have. I would like to see him do something to remedy the situation. Maybe even show a little emotion.

black an gold 4 life
11-19-2007, 06:58 PM
i'm with u iron city south,i thought our offense would look more like the colts w.t.f? happend, i don't think they believe n big ben the way they claim 2,our o-line coach sucks, i remember some radio talk show was on an the buffalo fans were sayin good ridance 2 him (our o-line coach) he doesn't know anything, our o-line coach sucks:moon: bruce arians needs 2 b:whiz:on,we need 2 go back 2 the 3-4 tomlin, the 4-3 ain't working dude,that was horrible play calling yesterday, why would u pass on 3rd an 2 when najeh was running very good?:wtf:they sacked ben 7 TIMES last night:wtf::cursin::cursin:we have some of the best talent n the nfl why not use it:cursin:were doing the same thing we done under bill coward, enough is enough open up ur play book arians, i thought big ben could audible when he wanted 2?everybody n the nfl knows how 2 beat us,stop the run why can't we pass 2 set up the run:scratch:where's the no huddle:scratch:where's the hurry up offense:scratch:the st coach sucks:moon:we r the same as we were last year:cursin:

[AutoMerged Post Below]
great point koopa u can tell he was on bill coward staff,we r so got d***predictable:cursin: this is ridiculous, what's the purpose of having an new head coach, if were gonna b the same as last year?:wtf:i like tomlin but n my opinion, we need 2 run the 3-4 on defense with cover 2 with our safeties an c.b's an on offense we need 2 use the no huddle more with the hurry up offense, like ben said this year about last year why practice it if u ain't gonna use it:wtf:an both special teams coaches should give the rooneys there money back because they r robbing the rooneys that so called o-line coach 2

Stlrs4Life
11-19-2007, 08:37 PM
Arians didn't play on the OL yesterday. Play calling will always be second guessed. If it worked, nobody qestions it. Our OL should apologize to the entire team.

Iron City South
11-19-2007, 08:48 PM
Arians didn't play on the OL yesterday.

Perhaps he should have. :hilarious:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-19-2007, 10:30 PM
The OL should indeed apologize to everyone on the team. Play calling will always be second guessed no matter who is in there as Dom mentioned. I've been questioning it as a fan ever year like clockwork but the way that Bruce has called various parts of the game at crucial times just makes you wonder wth he is trying to accomplish. Najeh was having some success running the ball so what does he do but continually put Willie back in ??? Heath is a huge weapon and only get 2 catches in a game like this? Spaeth would have been open all day long because nobody was looking at him as a threat. We had all kinds of options but we never fully utilize them.

Greygrizzly
11-20-2007, 10:28 AM
Look to much of the blame here is going on the offensive line. When the defense knows what the the play is going to be before the snap the line can only be just so effective. My son and law and I watched the game and we were calling the Steeler offensive plays before they were run. And if we could do it I feel absolutly sure that the jets could do it.
Something needs to be done before our next game. Either Tomlin takes over play calling or he replaces Arians.

BBG7
11-20-2007, 11:23 AM
Look to much of the blame here is going on the offensive line. When the defense knows what the the play is going to be before the snap the line can only be just so effective. My son and law and I watched the game and we were calling the Steeler offensive plays before they were run. And if we could do it I feel absolutly sure that the jets could do it.
Something needs to be done before our next game. Either Tomlin takes over play calling or he replaces Arians.

while play calling was **** poor. The o-line deserves every bit of critizism they are getting. They are absolutely horrible and if it doensn't change we won't go far.

LatrobePA
11-20-2007, 11:29 AM
IMO, he's a has been, and is OK at best at his job.

Why in the F did they stop running #44? He was chewing them up pretty good, 3rd and 2 and we pass at the end, run the DAMN BALL!!

MDSteel15
11-20-2007, 12:06 PM
If I have said it once I've said it all dang season, we need to run the darn ball because our O-line sucks at pass protection. We need to do nothing in next years draft but go offensive live. PERIOD. Then once that's done, get rid of Arians. If he was so damn good he'd be in Cleveland still.

Greygrizzly
11-20-2007, 01:28 PM
IMO, he's a has been, and is OK at best at his job.

Why in the F did they stop running #44? He was chewing them up pretty good, 3rd and 2 and we pass at the end, run the DAMN BALL!!

You're right. Parker should go back to being the change of pace back like he was when Bettis was here. And Davenport should be the starter.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

If I have said it once I've said it all dang season, we need to run the darn ball because our O-line sucks at pass protection. We need to do nothing in next years draft but go offensive live. PERIOD. Then once that's done, get rid of Arians. If he was so damn good he'd be in Cleveland still.

Of coarse the O line is going to suck when the defense already knows what the play call is going to be. There is no suprise factor. The D can just T off and run to stop the play.

Friday133
11-20-2007, 03:35 PM
We won't lose a thing by doing it right now either. Because Arians is the worst play caller in the NFL. If it were done now some one on staff may be able to make adjustments and save the season.
While I'm at it running Willie Parker inside continually is nothing short of stupid. defenses aren't going to get tired tackling a smaller back like parker the way they used to get tired tackling Bettis. We should go back to what has worked. Use Davenport to tire out the defense and bring in Parker as the change of pace back.
Lets see now what kind of head coach we have. I would like to see him do something to remedy the situation. Maybe even show a little emotion.

It's post like these that keep me away from Steeler forums after a loss. How in life can this statement even be remotely rational? It obvious you long for the days of Bill Cowher.

[AutoMerged Post Below]

How do you propose running the ball when Parker doesn't have any holes to run in?

Greygrizzly
11-20-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by Greygrizzly

It's post like these that keep me away from Steeler forums after a loss. How in life can this statement even be remotely rational? It obvious you long for the days of Bill Cowher.

Your statement is totally irrational. I never really liked Cowher at all. But he did have some good offensive cordinators. I could see a lose coming with the terrible offensive play calling.

[AutoMerged Post Below]
Originally Posted by MDSteel15

How do you propose running the ball when Parker doesn't have any holes to run in?

Don't you find it funny that in the same game behind the same offensive line that Davenport could find running room? Parker is fast and a good change of pace running back. But that is it. He just doesn't have the power to be a good inside runner.

Friday133
11-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by Greygrizzly

Your statement is totally irrational. I never really liked Cowher at all. But he did have some good offensive cordinators. I could see a lose coming with the terrible offensive play calling.

[AutoMerged Post Below]
Originally Posted by MDSteel15

Don't you find it funny that in the same game behind the same offensive line that Davenport could find running room? Parker is fast and a good change of pace running back. But that is it. He just doesn't have the power to be a good inside runner.

So let me get this straight. You propose firing our offensive coordinator that has our offense putting up record numbers after a loss to the Jets? How do you think it would effect Ben? I bet it would have a negative result. I'm glad you're just a fan and not in charge of anything for the organization.

Greygrizzly
11-21-2007, 09:35 AM
So let me get this straight. You propose firing our offensive coordinator that has our offense putting up record numbers after a loss to the Jets? How do you think it would effect Ben? I bet it would have a negative result. I'm glad you're just a fan and not in charge of anything for the organization.

Ben would just have to adjust,thats the way things are in the NFL. Yea Ben has put up record numers but against an easy schedule.
I also am glad that you don't have anything to do with running the team.
beacuse you seem to be one of those status quo fans.

LatrobePA
11-21-2007, 09:49 AM

[AutoMerged Post Below]

Stay away then know it all...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-21-2007, 10:55 AM
I can vouge for Friday as far as not being a status quo fan, the dude is as calm on the boards as it gets and doesn't get torqued up too easily but he's a fan through and through.

As far as firing Arians, no way would you want to fire him mid season because that would be disastrous to the offense and Ben's development. If a change is to be made it needs to be done after the season is over. Honestly there's no reason to think that Tomlin will can Arians after this year because of the success the team has had and how much improved Ben is. Ken Anderson get a lot of that credit for Ben's development as well but all in all Arians most likely isn't going anywhere.

steelcitysfinestXL
11-21-2007, 12:30 PM

Um, what!?!? Ok we're getting a lil off track here... Parker for sure isnt the pound it inside runner that bettis is. Parker like Tomlinson (Not comparing so dont say i am) is a rhythm back in my eyes. Look at LTs year comparedt to parkers

2. Willie Parker- 212 cars. 23.6 cpg. 873 yards 4.1 ypc 97.0 ypg 2 tds
7. L. Tomlinson- 176 cars 19.6 cpg. 733 yards 4.2 ypc 81.4 ypg 8 tds

I used LT becasue minus Adrian Peterson and Joseph Addai i think these are the top 2 backs in the league and they are having very similar seasons thus far!!! LT has said publically the reason his numbers are down is due to lack of carries. If you average in 4 more carries per game their stats would be identical. The reason neither one of these guys are having a better year is because SD is passing more and so are we. Neither team is finishing games with the run game!!! last year parker would get 12+carries in the end of the game and he would make the most of it. This year the majority of his yards come in the first half and he gets less and les as the game goes on!!! I dont blame Parker for having a subpar year, damn him for being the#2 rusher in the league!!!!!

Stairwayto7
12-30-2008, 05:27 PM
Run, Run, Pass, Punt ...

Run, Run, Pass, Punt ...

Run, Run, Pass, Punt ...

Wow, I'm floored by your creative genius! Is this the same game planning that ran you out of Cleveland Bruce? WTF? How sheepish and chicken **** can this man get?

Roethlisberger is at his best in the shotgun with four wide. Give him the god damn chance to do it for the love of Christ! If he starts throwing more on early downs he has more options, thus will make more plays.

For some reason, Arians seems to hate the no-huddle. Coincidentally, he also seems to dislike the shotgun and refuses to bring his whole arsonal of receivers on the field like the Pats and Colts do. My question is why? Why are you so afraid to run the no-huddle spread?

Are you so committed to setting up the run that you're turning a blind eye to what's being given to you each game? As far as the running game is concerned, with an OL like this, it's not going to be good folks. And before some of you start telling me how great we are running the ball, I'll need to point out that much of our running yardage this year is "garbage" yardage. Meaning, it's been piled up in the tail-end of blow-out wins for the most part.

Ben Roth gives us our best chance at winning ball games period. I want our OL to block their *** off for him and I want this offense in Roethlisberger's hands throughout a game. I want him to have more chances to audible at the OLine.

How hard is this concept to understand Arians? :cursin:

This goes back over a year! I was just reading it again! It still remains true. This is Arians last chance in my book, I hope he sees what everybody else is seeing!

Dean Denton
12-30-2008, 05:35 PM
The guy blows pole, and I'm sure he will be given the boot at seasons end even after we win the SB. He makes life to hard on the players. The Off should be running a lot smoother then this. Downside is that these guys will have to learn a new system again, and that will come with more growing pains. The upside is that anything will be better then what we have....

Scalaid6
12-30-2008, 05:42 PM
Run Run Pass was working in the 2nd half vs Browns. Blame the coach who doesnt fumble or turn the ball over. ITS THE STEELER NATION THEME SONG. Get used to Arians because BEN LOVES him and If Arians gets fired, Ben is going off!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-30-2008, 05:44 PM
I don't know how anyone can look at our offense and feel any type of confidence in Arian's play calling. There have been times when it's been great this year but way too many times it's been so bland and predictable that anybody with half a brain can figure out what we're going to do.

Before anybody starts in, this is not going to turn into a Ben thread, this one is about Arians.

Stairwayto7
12-30-2008, 05:54 PM
I don't know how anyone can look at our offense and feel any type of confidence in Arian's play calling. There have been times when it's been great this year but way too many times it's been so bland and predictable that anybody with half a brain can figure out what we're going to do.

Before anybody starts in, this is not going to turn into a Ben thread, this one is about Arians.

Too Late TG! He is trying again! I lack respect for people that can`t see that arians doesn`t have a clue. Nothing he can do about the talent that he has, it is what it is. But he could call plays that would benefit the players that he does have. A little more play action, little more no huddle, a little more shotgun!

Biggest Fan
12-30-2008, 08:01 PM
My biggest issue with him is that he does not seem to work with what he has got. BR as well as our OL have obvious shortcomings. It seems to me it is not about being predictable. I do not remember where I heard it but the idea was that you get good at what you do and it is up to the other team to try and stop it. I'm not saying that you do not have to keep them off balance but for our team it seems like we need to get better at the basics. It is ironic in that to a degree most of us are calling for a little bit of Cowher ball.

steelers4life66
12-30-2008, 08:09 PM
If they run the no huddle Bruce doesn't get to call the plays. It's a power trip thing with him.

JensK
12-30-2008, 08:46 PM
Run Run Pass was working in the 2nd half vs Browns. Blame the coach who doesnt fumble or turn the ball over. ITS THE STEELER NATION THEME SONG. Get used to Arians because BEN LOVES him and If Arians gets fired, Ben is going off!

Do you dream about Ben when you sleep?...

I really do agree with all of you guys. Arians is a failure and shouldnt be allowed to ever see a football field again, ever.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2008, 12:57 AM
My biggest issue with him is that he does not seem to work with what he has got. BR as well as our OL have obvious shortcomings. It seems to me it is not about being predictable. I do not remember where I heard it but the idea was that you get good at what you do and it is up to the other team to try and stop it. I'm not saying that you do not have to keep them off balance but for our team it seems like we need to get better at the basics. It is ironic in that to a degree most of us are calling for a little bit of Cowher ball.

If we knew what we were good at on offense and actually were able to stick to it I could definitely see your point. In theory that's what you want in an offense, you have your game plan and you execute it so that the other team is not able to stop you and if they do then you are able to adapt it by changing up your strategy at halftime. We used to be a team that was flawless at making adjustments at half time; now all we ever do is come out doing the same thing and wonder of all wonders we're in a dog fight with 5 minutes to go every week almost.

DBR96A
12-31-2008, 02:53 AM
Ben Roethlisberger needs to make the offense his, plain and simple. Peyton Manning did. He shouldn't have to defer to Bruce Arians as often as he does. Manning has never been a yes-man, and Ben should stop being one.

NCSteeler
12-31-2008, 04:32 AM
How do we know Ben isn't calling a lot of these plays? Ben loves Arians because he allows Ben more input and control. It's not Arians checking to run every damn single time there is an audible it is Ben. I think Ben is a great QB, but he played better in a system that forced him to do as he was told alittle more. Beyond all that Arians has to go, he has had a few years to prove he could make this Offense go and he hasn't, that means bye bye. Any one have any ideas what is the biggest differenc ebetween Ben's stat last year and this year? I don't know if it is injuries catching up to him this year or the tougher schedule.

Iron City South
12-31-2008, 10:28 AM
Arians biggest problem is that he's more stubborn than he is creative.

He has the opportunity to put his stamp on this team considering the offensive weapons we have to work with, but yet his playbook resembles a Pop Warner team.

Stairwayto7
12-31-2008, 10:39 AM
Arians biggest problem is that he's more stubborn than he is creative.

He has the opportunity to put his stamp on this team considering the offensive weapons we have to work with, but yet his playbook resembles a Pop Warner team.

Thank You! Thats why I brought your old thread back out! Because after one year, it still holds true today, how unfortunate!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-31-2008, 11:39 AM
With all the weapons this team came into the season with I was expecting to see an offense like we've never seen before in Pittsburgh. The sky was the limit, we had all the tools to pretty much move the ball at will but yet as we sit here with a **** poor offensive ranking where else is there to cast the blame but to start at the top with this romper room offensive game plan we have every week.

Stairwayto7
12-31-2008, 12:07 PM
With all the weapons this team came into the season with I was expecting to see an offense like we've never seen before in Pittsburgh. The sky was the limit, we had all the tools to pretty much move the ball at will but yet as we sit here with a **** poor offensive ranking where else is there to cast the blame but to start at the top with this romper room offensive game plan we have every week.

Weapons? I thought the same thing in preseason! Now I`m starting to rethink it! Do we have a legitmate No.1 receiver?? I don`t think so. We our a team of Ward, and a few No. 3 receivers. Holmes would be better in the slot. Miller will have to play a bigger role in the post season. He has great hands, use him even more.

Scalaid6
01-01-2009, 04:27 AM
I dont usually get into coach criticism unless extreme. But the latest quotes from Arians has gotten my attention. The man is basically TELLING the world our gameplan in the playoffs! I sure hope this is a PLOY. He says we are coming out passing. UGH. Some excerpts.

“It’s different in Pittsburgh because people believe that if you run it 30 times, you win. Well, OK, let’s go kneel down three times and we’ll win,” Arians said Wednesday. “But while I’ve been here, we didn’t win any Super Bowls that way. I know how we won it, and No. 7 (Ben Roethlisberger) won it for us, offensively (in the 2005 season).”

The Steelers’ Super Bowl run three years ago was anything but that, Arians pointed out, remembering how no Steelers back gained 60 yards in their first three playoff games before Parker ran for 93 yards against Seattle, with 75 yards on a single play.

“I was in all those game plan meetings, and none of which was to run the ball, or we wouldn’t have won the Super Bowl,” said Arians, the wide receivers coach from 2004-06. “We were out to score points and get them as fast as we could and then see if we could run it. And we didn’t run it very good at Denver, and we didn’t run it very well in Indianapolis, but we threw it real good, and we scored a lot of points. When it’s all said and done, that’s still the game.”

Again, If he gets fired Ben is going off

http://www.tribune-democrat.com/archivesearch/local_story_366211717.html

steelers4life66
01-01-2009, 04:36 AM
I dont usually get into coach criticism unless extreme. But the latest quotes from Arians has gotten my attention. The man is basically TELLING the world our gameplan in the playoffs! I sure hope this is a PLOY. He says we are coming out passing. UGH. Some excerpts.

“It’s different in Pittsburgh because people believe that if you run it 30 times, you win. Well, OK, let’s go kneel down three times and we’ll win,” Arians said Wednesday. “But while I’ve been here, we didn’t win any Super Bowls that way. I know how we won it, and No. 7 (Ben Roethlisberger) won it for us, offensively (in the 2005 season).”

The Steelers’ Super Bowl run three years ago was anything but that, Arians pointed out, remembering how no Steelers back gained 60 yards in their first three playoff games before Parker ran for 93 yards against Seattle, with 75 yards on a single play.

“I was in all those game plan meetings, and none of which was to run the ball, or we wouldn’t have won the Super Bowl,” said Arians, the wide receivers coach from 2004-06. “We were out to score points and get them as fast as we could and then see if we could run it. And we didn’t run it very good at Denver, and we didn’t run it very well in Indianapolis, but we threw it real good, and we scored a lot of points. When it’s all said and done, that’s still the game.”

Again, If he gets fired Ben is going off

http://www.tribune-democrat.com/archivesearch/local_story_366211717.htmlYa that was stupid he needs to keep his f**king mouth shut.

popstaala
01-03-2009, 01:50 AM
ummm... fire his *** now... right now... make dick lebeau the ultimate Coordinator... if lebeau can disguise and coordinate a one of kind defense... im pretty sure he knows the weakness in every defense on the planet..

steelers4life66
01-03-2009, 02:13 AM
ummm... fire his *** now... right now... make dick lebeau the ultimate Coordinator... if lebeau can disguise and coordinate a one of kind defense... im pretty sure he knows the weakness in every defense on the planet..
:yesnod::cope::cope::cope:AMEN!!

Dean Denton
02-05-2009, 06:53 PM
now looking this over I really dont see anyone think that Arians should be kept around.....lol

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2009, 06:59 PM
This thread dates back to 2007, most of the recent posts were towards the end of the regular season when yes most of us were still wondering WTF was going to happen with this offense. They played better in the playoffs and in the super bowl so you have to give him credit for that like I mentioned before.

Remember this last year, our ST were horrific and this year they were great. Our offense in 2007 was good but we lost in the 1st round. Our offense in 2008 was not good as far as stats go but here we are World Champs... figure that one out I dare you.. :lol:

BR7
02-05-2009, 07:02 PM
BA is a KEEPER! lol.

He did better than I thought. I was trying to call his plays (like I did in the regular season with pretty good success, lol), but he seemed to have a decent game plan for the SB. Minus the plays that he told FWP to run right up on Hartwigs *** and bounce back a yard or two had me scratching my head, lol.

Dicks D had me worried more than BAs offense.

Stairwayto7
02-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Arians in my opinion. isn`t as good as this team.