PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with our Steelers?

SteelerSteve
11-18-2007, 08:50 PM
Seriously, whats going on here? Why are we losing to, or letting inferior teams hang with, or beat us? Are we really just an overrated football team that is going to get shredded when it comes playoff team? Somehow I dont think so, I think we can hang with the elite teams. Before we can do that though I think we need to find our identity and go back to the drawing board with our offensive line because whatever we are doing right now is not working. I also think willie is an elite back but we need to find a good balance between him and Najeh. Another thing that we lack is a consistently productive pass rush, whats with these young qb's like cutler and clemens carving us up? I dont know but something has to be done.:2cents:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-18-2007, 09:30 PM
go look at all the threads in the Steelers section, you'll find your answer there. :(

Dako
11-18-2007, 09:48 PM
every year they do this....play down to the level of a crappy team (Raiders, Texans of recent years).......Guess that makes them fly under the radar again, huh?

BlitzburghNation
11-18-2007, 09:49 PM
Just played a bad game,,,,,,,,,,Just like we played crappy against the donkeys

BlitzburghRockCity
11-18-2007, 09:53 PM
every year they do this....play down to the level of a crappy team (Raiders, Texans of recent years).......Guess that makes them fly under the radar again, huh?

one would hope we'd have gotten over that cowher-esque type of mentality...well actually I think this year it's just that our OL sucks so bad that we are actually not able to do any better whereas in the past we had great OL's but we just got big heads heading into easy games and then we ended up losing.

yeah I'd say we are definitely flying WAY under the radar now...

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-18-2007, 11:15 PM
Just played a bad game,,,,,,,,,,Just like we played crappy against the donkeys

The teams also had an extra week to prepare... they took advantage and changed things up a bit.

AZ_Steeler
11-18-2007, 11:22 PM
At least we know they will respond next week against Miami on Monday night. After every loss so far this year they have come back in a big way including shutting out the Seahawks :bigthumb: Yes this was a crap game and you can say the Steelers played down, but we can't take credit from the Jets because maybe they played up to the Steelers level :dunno: CBS put up a stat of the Jets last 6 games... they were in every single game coming into the fourth quarter, so it's really hard to give them any discredit because they have been knocking at the door.

black an gold 4 life
11-18-2007, 11:33 PM
man so much 4 hanging with the cheaters, we can't even beat 2-8 teams,man i don't think we will go far n the playoffs,if we keep this up the clowns will win the division,our o-line needs 2 b replaced mahan is an joke the way he was man handled should b an crime,colon was an joke,even faneca,didn't show up.................................i love my steelers but i'm also realistic, this is not our year i'd rather we lose out an get an high draft pick because we need o-line help an d-line help bad, the ones we have on d r old an it's showing, it looks like were stuck with our o-line, the rooneys has put an lot of money n mahan,simmons,an marvel, but i will say this marvel has been the only o-line cat 2 show up all year!!!!!!!!!!

SteelerSteve
11-19-2007, 01:20 AM
man so much 4 hanging with the cheaters, we can't even beat 2-8 teams,man i don't think we will go far n the playoffs,if we keep this up the clowns will win the division,our o-line needs 2 b replaced mahan is an joke the way he was man handled should b an crime,colon was an joke,even faneca,didn't show up.................................i love my steelers but i'm also realistic, this is not our year i'd rather we lose out an get an high draft pick because we need o-line help an d-line help bad, the ones we have on d r old an it's showing, it looks like were stuck with our o-line, the rooneys has put an lot of money n mahan,simmons,an marvel, but i will say this marvel has been the only o-line cat 2 show up all year!!!!!!!!!!I agree with the o-line needing work. I cant agree with this not being our year though, its only mid-season and we still are 7-3, I guess the off-season is too damn long and boring for me to give up hope yet.:lol: I think this was a bad day for us, but I am still optimistic that we can still have a successful campaign. We need to do some serious work on our pathetic offensive line though, because they way they played was flat out OFFENSIVE

NOVA STEELERS
11-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Smith needs to go, out of the 7 sacks I believe :scratch: 6 of them went thru and over him :dunno: thats just my :2cents:

SteelerSteve
11-19-2007, 06:25 PM
Smith needs to go, out of the 7 sacks I believe :scratch: 6 of them went thru and over him :dunno: thats just my :2cents:Wait a minute, is Max Starx starting? I am not sure on this, but if not we should get him in there and see if there is any improvements.

SteelerSal
11-19-2007, 09:44 PM
You can juggle around the whole O-line with the players available on the roster and the line will still be below average. 10 weeks into the season and there is enough film on the weakness of the line play that the sack and pressure total on Ben is gonna only increase. If Ben did not show great escapability the sack totals would of been doubled each game.
At this rate Ben will not make it through the whole season and our running game will continue to deminish and the losses will continue.
I hope I'm wrong but I don't see this team turning it around and it's gonna be a long 6 game stretch before the playoffs, if we make it there.:banging: